6.4

1. Apr 2, 2012
    First off, I would give this a 9.5 out if 10. Acting is good. Not amazing, but everyone does a good job. Score was really good. Had an incredible story. It also has really good special effects and great set pieces. Overall, this is a really good movie. Great movie, and one of my favorite Tom cruise movie. Highly recommended.
  2. Dec 3, 2011
    Lightning storm. "At the end of the nineteenth century no one would believe that things of the earth were keenly and closely by intelligences greater than those observed in men ... » HERBERT GEORGE WELLS Man is able to theorize, invent, build. It can create. The creation is quite another thing, is not yet within his reach, and perhaps never will be and maybe it's all well and good. "The War of the Worlds" has a deeper meaning in itself, rigid, introverted.

And 'the act of the mirror, I understand, the true ruler of the narrative, that's where you find the starting point to delve into a story far from simple you see, do not listen / emotionally strong, because for many verse in terms of asynchronous communication and achromatic visual one. Dropped the mirror, as perverse as a catalyst for feelings is healthy nothingness, absence, emptiness.

But, man, that's true, that is not wounded and bent soul immortality by an irresistible urge to imperialism, still able to find in the tears of a child, to give the world a teenager hungry for love of one's gender it is from this type of man that the world expects to see the spark to rise to a new time dimension.

This world, upon reflection, is chock full of tripods as small as powerful for their destructive capacity. We begin our defuse; those from higher intelligence to us, we can do, quietly without.

Good Click!
  3. Oct 22, 2011
    Amazing movie! Steven Spielberg yet again, brings his movie magic to the big screen and astonishes us all. Amazing special effects(helped by the big budget) was only one of the many characteristics that made it an unforgettable movie. Amazing plot line and awesome cast was what made it an awesome film. The cast included Tom Cruise, Dakota Fanning, and a lot more. The plotline of this sweet alien invasion adaption of H.G. Wells' 1898 award winning classic novel is another of Steven Spielbergs masterpieces and great adaptions to books. Like Minority report this one made it, with a four star rating and a 73/100 on this website. In this movie the world really is invaded. A lot of destruction and devestation in this horror/sci-fi about a dad trying to find a safe haven for his two children. I love this movie and highly reccommend to all. Expand
  4. Dec 14, 2011
    I've alreday watched the film of 1953, it was enterteining, but the adaptation was awful as well the story. But this one was better. Enterteining, awesome, the effects are thrilling and the story too. Steven Spielberg will always make good movies.
  5. Mar 30, 2012
    War of the Worlds is an excellent sci-fiction movie. The visuals were truly amazing but what makes this movie so good is that it comes across as very scary and that is were Spielberg shines. I only wished for slightly more battle scenes between the humans and aliens.
  6. Dec 26, 2013
    War Of The Worlds has defined alien/action movies, whilst setting a new bench mark that continues to be undefeated. Tom Cruise has performed to his A game in which could be his best acting to date, the whole cast was exceptional and they work well together. War Of The Worlds is a action pack adventure of the survival of humanity on its last breath from extinction via the threat of alien invaders. This is a must watch for all Si-fi fans and a great movie to watch with family/friends. Expand
  7. Sep 1, 2013
    Its really great and interesting movie. Its not only about alien invasion, but although this movie shows society in unusual conditions. Best movie in its kind.
  8. May 17, 2014
    War of the Worlds is a near perfect experience however, I had some hard time getting into the visual effects because for some reason I couldn't like the CGI in this movie, I am not saying that the CGI bad but it is out of my league. Despite, the movie is one of the best science fictions in recent memory, it is clever, tense and leaves at the edge of your seat. However, I am not used to seeing a Steven Spielberg film that is so hardcore and heartless, so I would consider this movie Spielberg's weakest. On the other hand, I would consider it a distinct achievement in movie history of Sci-Fi. It is recommended, other than some weak CGI, it is a wonderful popcorn B movie! Expand
  9. Jul 5, 2014
    War of the worlds has superb special effects and a strong role from Cruise. The movie needed an update and Spielberg made one of the best remakes ever. Every moment of the movie is impressive and there are unpredictable segments as well.

In an unfortunate case of star casting, Cruise strains credibility as a hard-edged Jersey dockworker.
  2. Might be too realistic for its own good: The film takes perhaps a little too much glee in its abilities to manufacture mayhem. That being said, the ride is extraordinary.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A gritty, intense and supremely accomplished sci-fier.