Warm Bodies

6.9

1. Jan 16, 2016
    Appart from the horrible CGI effects and the lack of blood, this zombie comedy is actually very watchable.The acting was good, the action scenes were well made and the movie was entertaining.Overall,it was a good movie.Nothing more,nothing less.
  2. Jan 7, 2016
    Warm Bodies is an ingenious hybrid that, at its best, manages to be funny, lyrical and gruesome.

Check out the movie here http://www.watchfree.to/watch-28054f-Warm-Bodies-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
  3. Oct 23, 2014
    I absolutely love this movie I just enjoy that not like your normal zombie movie way better than Twilight. I would rate the movie a 9. Why because it was a twist that turn in o to a romantic movie .one part that made me a little confused was when the black crazy looking things that was control the zombies. I really didn't understand what were they come from .where theyI absolutely love this movie I just enjoy that not like your normal zombie movie way better than Twilight. I would rate the movie a 9. Why because it was a twist that turn in o to a romantic movie .one part that made me a little confused was when the black crazy looking things that was control the zombies. I really didn't understand what were they come from .where they people at one point of did they just come from hell.other then that i love the movie it was funny how the zombie looking people was smarter then ever. Expand
  4. Jul 20, 2014
    It is a very unique movie. It is the first time I heard zombie being the good guy. I really enjoy this movie. It deliver much more than what I expected. I also loved the romance and the comedy presented in this movie. The plot really interest me and there is some plot twist, not much though. Acting is good. Probably lack of action if you expect it to be an extremely action-packed movie butIt is a very unique movie. It is the first time I heard zombie being the good guy. I really enjoy this movie. It deliver much more than what I expected. I also loved the romance and the comedy presented in this movie. The plot really interest me and there is some plot twist, not much though. Acting is good. Probably lack of action if you expect it to be an extremely action-packed movie but I think it is enough. It is very outstanding. It stood out among all those crappy zombie movie released this year. Expand
  5. Apr 3, 2014
    a zombie movie should not have love . But the kicking zombies ass while love it is okay i guess but it is not something i expected . Grade B+
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  6. Jan 5, 2014
    First, I would like to say if you enjoy good films and/or zombies, please consider checking out Warm Bodies. The scores are kind of mixed about this movie even though it has a generally good score, I believe it should be higher, and let me say the only reason why the scores are lower is because either A) They are too dumb to understand this movie (p.s. it doesn't require a genius IQ toFirst, I would like to say if you enjoy good films and/or zombies, please consider checking out Warm Bodies. The scores are kind of mixed about this movie even though it has a generally good score, I believe it should be higher, and let me say the only reason why the scores are lower is because either A) They are too dumb to understand this movie (p.s. it doesn't require a genius IQ to understand it.), B) They think zombies are a real entity and this movie didn't represent "true zombie lore", or C) They passed up the movie 5 minutes in or didn't even watch it because they thought it was akin to the likes of Twilight (it's not!). I loved this film and it was near perfect with its insights on modern society, the perception of a zombie apocalypse from the eyes of zombies, and the infusion of Romeo and Juliet archetype was done excellently. Ultimately, the conflict between zombies, bonies, and humans revolving around R and Julie make for a refreshing and enjoyable movie. Expand
  7. Jan 3, 2014
    Fun, cleverly written and very funny. Warm Bodies is the best zom-rom-com since Shaun of the Dead. Nicholas Hoult and John Malkovich are the standout performances providing great entertainment in the midst of all the satisfactory scenes and average plot twists.
  8. Dec 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Zombie Type: Both slow-walking and fast-running undead

Outbreak/Apocalypse Phase: Post-outbreak apocalypse (outbreak has already occurred, characters are living through the zombie apocalypse)

Sub-Genre: Romantic Comedy (rom-zom-com)

This is the kind of movie that really freshens up an entire genre. I wish I could talk more about the story, but I try to either leave these posts fairly spoiler-free or at least warn readers when I’m about to spill some of the beans (brains?).

Warm Bodies is based on the Isaac Marion novel of the same name and centers around the relationship between R (a male zombie) and Julie (a female living human). Seeing as how I’ve already classified this as a romantic comedy, I think you can tell roughly where the story goes. I enjoyed the relationship between the odd pairing, and the awkwardness that ensues when a girl catches a zombie’s fancy unsurprisingly leads to some funny moments.

What truly makes the story unique by zombie standards is MILD SPOILERS it is basically a retelling of Romeo and Juliet. R is Romeo, J is Juliet, M is Mercutio, Perry is Paris, Julie’s dad hates all of zombie-kind, etc. There are several scenes that reference Shakespeare’s classic, but I’ll leave that for you guys to discover yourselves. END SPOILERS

This movie was a huge pleasant surprise. I expected it to be cheesy but decent enough to watch. Instead, I found myself regarding this as probably one of my top ten favorite zombie films of all time. The uniqueness of the story is only half of what makes it good; the other half is simply the fact that this is a solid, enjoyable movie.

Isaac Marion announced in 2012 that he is writing a sequel to the novel Warm Bodies. Whether it is also adapted to the cinema screen remains to be seen, but I eagerly await the chance to watch the further evolution of his story.

Final Verdict: highly recommended not only for zombie fans, but also for anyone else looking for a good movie that’s different than the usual undead fare. Very unique zombie film!
  9. Dec 2, 2013
    Although not quite gore for some, Warm Bodies is an optimistic, heartwarming, funny love story about a zombie and a human that makes Twilight fans feel bad about themselves for loving its terrible saga.
  10. Nov 11, 2013
    Watched with my 19=year old daughter. We agreed that this was one of the best mixed of Zombie, loved, and comedy movies i"ve ever watched. I didn't expect but the story-line and actor's performance gradually become intrigued.
  11. Nov 8, 2013
    This is a decent horror-comedy that is enjoyable to watch. At first glance this movie might come across as Twilight with zombies, and for the most part it kind of is. But the humor and the unique perspective of the movie is what sets it apart, and keeps it from being the teen angst movie that Twilight was.

Praise aside, this movie does suffer from numerous plot holes. Big ones too. Most of the time when I noticed them, I just went "Whatever" and just continued watching, blindly accepting the inconsistencies. Doing that, I managed to really enjoy the movie.

Overall:
    Warm Bodies is a nice movie to watch that you will thoroughly enjoy, provided you can look past the many inconsistencies and writing mistakes.
  12. Oct 6, 2013
    Warm Bodies is an excellent post apocalyptic retelling of the classic Romeo & Juliet story, with a few twists of course.
    The film follows R, a young male zombie who lives in an airport with many others of his zombie brethren. R gives us an insight of how it is to be a zombie, how they communicate, why they eat brains and what a 'boney' is and why you'll become one after being a zombie for so long.
    When R and some other zombies are out looking for humans to eat they stumble across a girl named Julia and a group of her friends. R, after just eating Julia's ex-boyfriends brain gains access to his memories and falls in love with Julia. He takes her back to the airport under disguise so she isn't attacked and the two begin to form a very dysfunctional relationship.
    However as the two grow closer and the other zombies begin to see the affection the two share the zombies begin to revert back to human state causing a three way war between surviving humans, zombies and 'boneys'.
    Warm Bodies is unique, touching, funny and a generally great zombie film as well as a romance film. If you like zombies, romance or comedy then Warm Bodies is for you.
  13. Sep 30, 2013
    Warm Bodies is one of the most funny and interesting movies of this year, the cast is great, and the performances of all (Nicholas Hoult, Teresa Palmer, John Malkovich, Analeigh Tipton, Dave Franco and the rest) are really cool. Maybe is not the best movie of the genre, but Warm Bodies is extremely funny.
  14. Sep 21, 2013
    Warm Bodies is a neat little horror movie now playing over the Internet. "Cute", "sweet" and "funny" are not words I normally associate with zombie movies. "Gross", "disgusting" and "gore" are the ones I use. But this movie, directed by novice filmmaker Jonathan Levine, surprised me. I don't know if it's a new trend in zombie entertainment, but a nice zombie-human love story is a positiveWarm Bodies is a neat little horror movie now playing over the Internet. "Cute", "sweet" and "funny" are not words I normally associate with zombie movies. "Gross", "disgusting" and "gore" are the ones I use. But this movie, directed by novice filmmaker Jonathan Levine, surprised me. I don't know if it's a new trend in zombie entertainment, but a nice zombie-human love story is a positive one.

"R" is a living dead flesh-eating zombie who spends his days stumbling around an abandoned airport with the rest of the reanimated corpses. But he realizes his situation is hopeless. Most of the introduction to Warm Bodies consists of his internal monologues. For instance:

"What am I doing with my life? I'm so pale. I should get out more. I should eat better. My posture is terrible. I should stand up straighter. People would respect me more if I stood up straighter. What's wrong with me? I just want to connect. Why can't I connect with people? Oh, right, it's because I'm dead."

Prior to the opening of the film, a zombie apocalypse had taken place. Most of the human survivors have gathered in a walled-off fortress where General Grigio (Malkovitch) manages to keep the remaining humans alive. The zombies exist in two forms: 1) the "corpses", who stumble around all day, looking for human food and 2) The "bonies", skeletor things who will "eat anything with a pulse". The major difference between the corpses and the bonies are how they view their existence: corpses will eat the living, but feel conflicted about it.

A team of young adults are sent out beyond the wall to scourge for much-needed medical supplies. While the corpses attack, "R" finds himself smitten with one of the women (Teresa Palmer). Although he's munched on her boyfriend's brains, he pulls her out of the mob and takes her to safety in his private crash pad. At first she's terrified of him, but "R" manages to win her trust. He shows her how to act like a zombie to avoid being eaten. Eventually she makes it back to the human side of the wall.

But she's started something within "R". As he begins to develop human feelings, he becomes less of a zombie. Soon, the other corpses are learning to be human again. The bonies don't like this one bit and toss them out of the abandoned airport. Knowing the bonies are massing toward the human city, the corpses link-up with "R" and head toward the last refuge of humanity. Will the corpses be able to stop the Bad Living Dead? Will the humans not shoot the corpses and accept their help? Will "R" be able to express his love for the human woman?

It may all sound silly, but the movie works. There are some hilarious moments. Such as a scene where "R" tries to imagine how the airport looked before the zombie apocalypse. Instantly, we see how it was in the old days, with bored travelers shuffling around the terminal staring at their smart phones with glassy eyes.

So check it out if you get a chance. It's not even that violent.

www.cinemaofhorror.com
  15. Sep 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Warm Bodies is a surprisingly entertaining movie from beginning to end. I think these writers need to get with the program. Making serious, dark zombie movies just doesn't work. The best zombie movies have been light-hearted movies that don't take themselves too seriously like this one and Zombieland. This film had plenty of humor, some solid acting, and a unique twist on the cliched zombie apocalypse concept. Here we have a zombie, played very well by Nicholas Hoult, who for some reason is drawn to human things and not just because he wants to eat their brains. This takes a turn when he sees Teresa Palmer's character and somehow falls in love. Looking at her it's easy to see why. She looks like a combination of Hayden Panettiere and Kristen Stewart but more attractive than either one. I truly hope she gets more roles because the camera loves her almost as much as R did. Back to the movie, throughout the rest of the film she essentially reteaches R how to be human and he begins to adapt over time. When this phenomenon begins to spread, the human population has an interesting situation on their hands. Overall, was this movie realistic at all? Of course not, but it's a zombie movie. Analyzing the film for plot holes or anything like that would be just silly. If you want a fun movie-watching experience, however, it's worth checking out. Expand
  16. Aug 25, 2013
    A fun, different take on the zombie genre, well-acted performances, a few laughs here and there, great soundtrack, and the result is a pretty cool movie.
  17. Aug 23, 2013
    A nice touch to all the zombie craziness circulating the movies these days. Funny, original, and sincere. This movie proves just how useful a soundtrack can add to a movie.
  18. Jul 13, 2013
    Love comes into play in almost every feature film you will ever see. It comes in many forms and often times, entire movies are centered on it. Those are basically the film that I loath, but Warm Bodies was different for the simple fact that it has everything! From love and romance to apocalyptic Science Fiction, this film has something for everyone! In this world, a virus has spread andLove comes into play in almost every feature film you will ever see. It comes in many forms and often times, entire movies are centered on it. Those are basically the film that I loath, but Warm Bodies was different for the simple fact that it has everything! From love and romance to apocalyptic Science Fiction, this film has something for everyone! In this world, a virus has spread and left the world in ruins. Several human settlements still exist, but they are the food source and they are surrounded. The film begins with a group of teenagers traveling into the danger zone in order to find medicine for their settlement, when they are attacked. It looks like they're all done for, when a zombie named R sees one of the girls and decides to save her instead of eat her. For some reason this girl evoked emotion in R, which led to memories. Soon the other zombies in R's group start having memories and decide to convince the humans that they are changing. Are they really changing though or is it a ploy? Love is the cure is kind of a hoke concept, but it is our most powerful emotion and it seemed plausible that this feeling could evoke memories. Nicholas Hoult (forever known as that kid from About A Boy) stars as R and is terrific. It might not take a lot of talent to play a zombie, but to play one that is learning to be human again is no easy task. Hoult plays the part perfectly and is the reason this film is believable. John Malkovich is also in Warm Bodies and while he's not playing a hilarious bad guy, he still adds a different dynamic to the film, getting involved in much of the action sequences. Warm Bodies is a refreshingly unique story that will appeal to a large audience. The Walking Dead it's not, but it still has enough bite to keep the audience that's not into all the classic romantic stuff. To be honest, I thought it might be good for a few laughs, but I never thought this film would be as good as it was. It has a message and makes an impact, while being a funny, edge of your seat thriller. This was really not something I would usually go for, but my recent Walking Dead inspired zombie craze put it on my radar and it was an amazing ride. Expand
  19. Jul 9, 2013
    It doesn't take itself serious at all, knocks on some zombie flicks too. Love conquers all, loved the premise. With some action, drama but above all if you don't take it too serious, you will enjoy it, the comedic moments were awesome. Definitely not a disappointment at all.
  20. Jul 9, 2013
    Originally, I was expecting this to be a Twilight rip-off with zombies and I was thinking to myself, "who in their right minds would want to rip-off something so unbelievably horrid?!"
    But it turns out that Warm Bodies is nothing like Twilight. In fact, it was surprisingly very fun to watch. The commentary that was going in in the main character's head throughout the beginning of the film is quite humorous. That characters in the film are consistently interesting, especially Nicholas Hoult's character. If you want a supernatural/love drama done right, burn your copy of New Moon and go see Warm Bodies.
  21. Jul 5, 2013
    a really sweet different movie and really talks about how important the basic human feelings in life are. I thought it was just another zombie movie but turned out to be so great
  22. Jul 3, 2013
    The only thing I knew before seeing this movie was that it had something to do with zombies, and that the movie got fairly decent reviews. My expectations weren't too high, and to be completely honest, I ended up really enjoying the movie.

'Warm Bodies' deals with the possibility that perhaps in some other universe similar to our own, where zombies parade the streets, there can exist a specific entity that is so infectious that it could even reverse the effects of a zombiefying virus... that entity being, of course, an amalgam of love and compassion. We're often led to believe by a large majority of zombie films that once a human has been transformed, all hope is lost. The opposite concept is presented in 'Warm Bodies' and I think it's a nice change of pace from the usual kill-all-zombies bloodfest.

The two main characters were amiable and believable, and the overall production was well done from set pieces to camerawork to music. Slow in pacing at times? Sure, for a zombie movie, but I appreciated the scenes where we got to see the relationship between the two main characters develop. I will say that I only wish Rob Corddry had a larger presence in the movie. He's a funny guy, and it wouldn't have hurt if he'd been given more screen time.

In conclusion, although this movie does require moviegoers to make a certain leap of faith in assuming love can overcome anything, I think that a suspension of disbelief is helpful in truly being able to enjoy the heart that this film has to offer. Viewed from that lens, this movie is a heartwarming reminder of what makes humans... humans. Some critics might deem this zombie flick a "wussification" of the zombie genre, and to them I say that 'Warm Bodies' is definitely not the conventional zombie movie, but that is the exact reason I enjoyed it. At the end of the day, what matters to me most about movies is that the story was well told, that I walk away from the film having learned something, and that I had a great time. On those terms, 'Warm Bodies' is definitely an impressing entry into the zombie world of entertainment.
  23. Lyn
    Jul 3, 2013
    It won't slake your yearning for the next season of "The Walking Dead," but "Warm Bodies" is a fun, quirky addition to the zombie genre. I admit that part of my interest was curiosity about what ever happened to that kid from "About a Boy." (He's now tall & handsome, but retains that endearing quality.) The movie is kind of sweet, too, as it explores whether the undead are truly doomed.It won't slake your yearning for the next season of "The Walking Dead," but "Warm Bodies" is a fun, quirky addition to the zombie genre. I admit that part of my interest was curiosity about what ever happened to that kid from "About a Boy." (He's now tall & handsome, but retains that endearing quality.) The movie is kind of sweet, too, as it explores whether the undead are truly doomed. Not terribly profound and not crazy/wacky like "Zombieland" but enjoyable in its way. Expand
  24. Jun 29, 2013
    Warm Bodies is riveting and fascinating, with tender romance and pleasant good time. It is absorbing, original, full of heart and sweet tale of unusual love between a zombie and a human being. This is a perfect movie for me to enjoy.
  25. Jun 21, 2013
    This movie was a refreshing take on a zombie apocalypse. It combines romance and comedy into a genre that does not see much of either and does it rather nicely. I liked the fact that it showed the apocalypse primarily from the zombies' point of view rather than the humans' and that it showed the zombies as creatures capable of thoughts and emotions rather than just mindless enemies to theThis movie was a refreshing take on a zombie apocalypse. It combines romance and comedy into a genre that does not see much of either and does it rather nicely. I liked the fact that it showed the apocalypse primarily from the zombies' point of view rather than the humans' and that it showed the zombies as creatures capable of thoughts and emotions rather than just mindless enemies to the humans. I rate this ten out of ten because it was a new, unique, and refreshing take on a genre that had been played out as action and horror so many times it was starting to become a bit boring. I'm glad this movie presented a new idea to liven up the undead genre. Expand
  26. Jun 17, 2013
    This movie isn't Twilight, in fact, it is better in so many ways, Warm Bodies is one of a kind, but is Warm Bodies perfect?! Almost. The Acting is way too better and the story scenes are really good, as a movie in whole. Absolutely YES!
  27. Jun 13, 2013
    A cheesy, predicable, zombie love story. That actually works! funny as that sounds. But the movie, has this its own charm. Pleasant to watch, likable characters. I enjoyed watching it!
  28. Jun 13, 2013
    This is a great zombie love story. I do not think I have heard of this unique combination. The movie had a wonderful mix of love, humor, horror, and action.
  29. Jun 10, 2013
    Warm bodies is a interesting take on a zombie flick me myself was kinda output by how they could have thought and become human again. Then i opened to the idea a bit and saw this was a cool take on zombies but if your a zombie movie watcher like zombie land or shuan of the dead you wont like this movie much but as i watched i learned that there are reasons behind there mindless killing andWarm bodies is a interesting take on a zombie flick me myself was kinda output by how they could have thought and become human again. Then i opened to the idea a bit and saw this was a cool take on zombies but if your a zombie movie watcher like zombie land or shuan of the dead you wont like this movie much but as i watched i learned that there are reasons behind there mindless killing and i kinda liked the idea and then we come to the romance in the movie its kinda weird to see it in a zombie movie but its more comedy so it works in the flow of it but one thing i have to say is it keeps you there till its overall conculsion and i even went back to watch the movie again so its a zombie movie with a new take and overall good story i didnt have any gripes with it besides the bonies they just seemed like minecraft skeletons on steroids and there are a few Why the moments but still the movie was good Expand
  30. Jun 5, 2013
    Yes this movie has plot holes and there are certain things that just don't make sense, but I gotta say it was a good time. It worked for me mainly because director Jonathan Levine who made the outstanding film 50/50 is able to make me believe in the romance between R and Julie.

1. Reviewed by: Stephanie Zacharek
    Feb 26, 2013
    Levine – whose last picture was the intriguing, if only partly effective, cancer comedy “50/50” — is going for something more here, exploring what makes us human by contrasting it with a character who has lost all the basics and is desperate to get them back.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Feb 9, 2013
    Zombie-ism in the movies is traditionally inspected for metaphorical qualities. Here it could simply be that we males are emotionally dead … until love revives us.
  3. Reviewed by: Rosie Fletcher
    Feb 9, 2013
    A Frankenstein’s monster of comedy, romance and horror that’s less than its parts, Warm Bodies entertains but underwhelms.