- Release Date: Nov 30, 2012
No user score yet- Be the first to review!
- Summary: Alex is a thoroughly amiable and domesticated schoolteacher living with his girlfriend Carolin. But when Carolin falls for their hunky upstairs neighbor Jens, she throws Alex out of their apartment. Heartbroken, Alex seeks solace and refuge with Nele, his lifelong best female friend who doesn't know the first thing about relationships. While Alex muses in Nele's messy apartment, thinking of his failed relationship, his buddy Okke takes him under his wing to teach him how to be a "real man." Alex’s journey into the realm of so-called manly behavior fails miserably, and he starts to realize that maybe it's not a question of how to change himself but, instead, how to find a woman who loves him just the way he is. [Fox International]… Collapse
- Director: Matthias Schweighöfer
- Genre(s): Comedy, Romance
- More Details and Credits »
50The leads jell well but the film overcompensates to justify their union, surrounding them with broadly drawn secondary characters presented in an uncertain, inconsistent comic tone.
50While the idea of a German romantic comedy may seem like an oxymoron, What a Man proves an amiable diversion that at least has the distinction of not starring Katherine Heigl or Kate Hudson.
38The plot is predictable, as complications line up like jets awaiting takeoff. Even the camera work is predictable: The attractive-girl's-scary-boyfriend-suddenly-pops-up shot; the morning-after, face-in-the-pillow shot.