What Women Want

6.5

1. Jan 18, 2013
    This film isn't exactly groundbreaking in any significant way. Nevertheless, it is a very solid film... if you can suspend your belief regarding the mind-reading (and the way he gains and loses the ability). Mel Gibson gives an absolutely stellar performance and looks pretty good to boot. Helen Hunt's performance is also quite sublime. This film even deals with the topic ofThis film isn't exactly groundbreaking in any significant way. Nevertheless, it is a very solid film... if you can suspend your belief regarding the mind-reading (and the way he gains and loses the ability). Mel Gibson gives an absolutely stellar performance and looks pretty good to boot. Helen Hunt's performance is also quite sublime. This film even deals with the topic of suicide in a very profound and tear jerking way. I had to pause the film so as not to break out in tears... and I'm not the type to cry at films much

All in all its worth a watch
  2. MikeH.
    Jan 25, 2001
    Funny and lighthearted: exactly what I expected going in.
  3. Melanie
    Jun 21, 2002
    I loved this movie. It was great to see a man learn to understand exactly how hard it is to be a woman in this world. Mel Gibson was great. It was hillarious and a great movie to watch.
  4. HilaryW
    Jul 3, 2001
    The first time I saw this film I laughed a lot. Mel Gibson was cute, funny, and charming and carried the movie to its ultimate high. The fact that I've seen it everytime I've been on an airplane this past couple months makes me sick. See it once or twice, but never three times. It gets old after the third. It was an admirable movie.
  5. BrendaA.
    Apr 2, 2001
    This movie is the best on my list.
  6. JimM.
    Sep 30, 2007
    Mel Gibson's charming performance shines in an otherwise moderately amusing movie. He's become the best comedic leading man I've seen in a very long time--maybe ever. I'd have to go all the way back to Cary Grant to find anybody even comparable, but Gibson offers accessibility and vulnerability that Grant never had. He even makes romance with Helen Hunt believable. Mel Gibson's charming performance shines in an otherwise moderately amusing movie. He's become the best comedic leading man I've seen in a very long time--maybe ever. I'd have to go all the way back to Cary Grant to find anybody even comparable, but Gibson offers accessibility and vulnerability that Grant never had. He even makes romance with Helen Hunt believable. Marisa Tomei is good too, beautiful and sweet. I give it a 10 because Mel Gibson is so astonishingly good. Otherwise it'd get about a 4. Expand

Shallow characters the audience cares little about, an unbelievable situation rather than a potent plot, and, for those who don’t find men-in-pantyhose or poodle-poop jokes hilarious, not many funny lines.
    A wobbly fantasy that relies on the actor's mischievous energy and rakish charisma for its laughs.
    It's never subtle or clever, but it's big, loud and clear.