World Trade Center

5.5

1. HH
    Aug 27, 2006
    really good until the buildings have fallen, then incredibly terrible. The beginning does capture the feeling of that day and makes you remember how things might have gone in 9/11's aftermath, how many possibilities were squandered, then the movie just swirls down the toilet.
  2. PatrickW.
    Aug 18, 2006
    I think your missing the point Manny, Drew doesn't actually think it was a satire. He was just saying it was so bad it could have been.
  3. BrianW.
    Aug 4, 2006
    It's a good movie, but not what I expected. Is touching sometimes, but the acting several times is not convincing. I went into and out from the screeing without a change in my mood. Did not feel sad, angered, inspired or proud.
  4. GeorgeR.
    Aug 15, 2006
    It's a near impossibility to bring tension and emotion to an event about which everyone knows (in that way this project should never have been undertaken as a narrative) and world trade center doesn't come remotely close to defying that fact. it's an unrelenting sappy yawn filled with cliches, the kind that could only have been reproduced in detail from real-life accountsIt's a near impossibility to bring tension and emotion to an event about which everyone knows (in that way this project should never have been undertaken as a narrative) and world trade center doesn't come remotely close to defying that fact. it's an unrelenting sappy yawn filled with cliches, the kind that could only have been reproduced in detail from real-life accounts from non-dramatists. the only authentic feeling comes from ones the viewer overlays from their own experience on that day. the towering inferno ends up looking like the leader of its class next to this boring piece of junk. i would have prefered stomping ants in the backyard to watching this veritible waste of time. Expand
  5. Anthony
    Aug 7, 2006
    It's unbelievable to see how this movie managed to create this big buzz, thanks to it's PR. I was looking foward to this movie but what I got is a totally different thing. This film absolutely do not present the effects of 9/11 in us, Americans. On the contrary we have a drama, just like A Beautiful Find - Ron Howard style of movies that do not deliver an "unmissable" and It's unbelievable to see how this movie managed to create this big buzz, thanks to it's PR. I was looking foward to this movie but what I got is a totally different thing. This film absolutely do not present the effects of 9/11 in us, Americans. On the contrary we have a drama, just like A Beautiful Find - Ron Howard style of movies that do not deliver an "unmissable" and "unfogettable" story. Totally disappointed, this is just techics and cinematography, nothing more. This will never be the same than United 93 that is a truly outstanding, unforgettable and excellent film. Instead of watching this normal drama that could've benn done way better, wait for the United 93 DVD, there you will feel proud, touched and moved. Expand
  6. JoeB.
    Aug 17, 2006
    I am almost ashamed to say this...but I was bored. A movie with talking heads that cannot move thier bodies would make a great one hour TV episode.
  7. JohnH
    Aug 23, 2006
    Seriously melodramatic. I was expecting more after reading several positive reviews. Aside from the special effects, (which were great) I've seen the same type of movie on the Lifetime Television Channel.
  8. JerryR.
    Aug 4, 2006
    Unfortunately there is not much of a story here. It appears that Oliver Stone wants to prove his patriotism by not partaking of the conspiracies surrounding this event. He also probably imagines himself as the gung ho marine. This film is essentially inert, the characters totally uninteresting. The only achievements within it are technical, the recreation of ground zero.
  9. CE
    Aug 9, 2006
    Feeble, compromise, it's Stone wanting to be liked.
  10. Mike
    Sep 15, 2006
    This is the most boring movie I've ever seen. I am VERY upset about 9-11 but there is NO character development in this movie and I don't care that they are trapped because I don't know them.
  11. FrankD
    Dec 23, 2006
    A colossal disappointment! What has happened to Oliver Stone??? Can this movie (and "Alexander") actually be from the same man who gave us "JFK" (which I consider to be a masterpiece)?
  12. ThomasDuck
    Aug 11, 2006
    If you like the idea of a national disaster reduced to small inoffensive flecks of dramarama with some killer visuals, go see this film! Immediately! Really not very good at all.
  13. CorbinL.
    Aug 13, 2006
    I think this was the worst movie I have ever seen in my whole life. The acting was terrible, with some actors failing misearebly at New York accents the really took away from the believability of the film. I have seen better production in Lifetime made for TV movies.
  14. BetoA
    Sep 10, 2006
    Disappointingly boring and uninvolving.
  15. RichardR.
    Sep 29, 2006
    Boy was this terrible. It starts out okay but in walks Rodriguez and Pena and the movie takes a dramatic plunge. When the best part of a movie is two characters talking about Viggo Mortensen you know you're in for the worst.
  16. JonC.
    Aug 13, 2006
    Lame! More timid than most made-for-TV-movies these days. It was like going to see "Titanic" without seeing the ship sink. Horribly melodramatic and actually kinda boring. The parts that should have been terrifying were never given full treatment. For instance (SPOILER ALERT!!!) the movie doesn't even show exactly how difficult it was to get them cops out of their predicament... Very Lame! More timid than most made-for-TV-movies these days. It was like going to see "Titanic" without seeing the ship sink. Horribly melodramatic and actually kinda boring. The parts that should have been terrifying were never given full treatment. For instance (SPOILER ALERT!!!) the movie doesn't even show exactly how difficult it was to get them cops out of their predicament... Very disappointing and unsatisfying. OK for maybe a Friday night TV movie, but if you're going to shy away from the details, don't call the movie "World Trade Center" for heaven's sakes. Expand
  17. WAKOJAKO
    Aug 13, 2006
    Don't even know where to begin about how much I hated this movie. It felt condescending and incomplete and far closer to a cheesy TV movie than the major theatrical event it purports to be. My ultraconservative, emotionally fragile friends in Utah seemed to like it, though... But just not for me, and by the looks of it, not for a lot of other people either. I mean, I LIVED through Don't even know where to begin about how much I hated this movie. It felt condescending and incomplete and far closer to a cheesy TV movie than the major theatrical event it purports to be. My ultraconservative, emotionally fragile friends in Utah seemed to like it, though... But just not for me, and by the looks of it, not for a lot of other people either. I mean, I LIVED through that catastrophe and the movie didn't even BEGIN to approach the HORROR of that day. "United 93" did not attempt to cover the entire tragedy either, but it was majestically superior by virutue of its uncondescending honesty. Expand
  18. JamesE
    Oct 15, 2007
    Boring. All they did was talk. Slightly upsetting, but otherwise awful.

1. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    World Trade Center celebrates the ties that bind us, the bonds that keep us going, the goodness that stands as a rebuke to the horror of that day. Perhaps, in the future, the times will call for more challenging, or polemical, or subversive visions. Right now, it feels like the 9/11 movie we need.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    World Trade Center yields lovely and touching moments but proves a slow-going, arduous movie experience.
  3. This is a film of terrific selectivity. By focusing on two of the few who did survive the collapse, the film achieves emotional power and an uplifting ending.