5.3

1. Aug 24, 2014
    There's a certain unique emotion surrounding this film--perhaps, because it is the first major film to depict that tragic day. Nicolas Cage along with director, Oliver Stone, give a very respectable take on two survivors and their future.
  2. Mar 11, 2013
    Stone's best movie in years and Nicholas Cage best role. By keeping the perspective on that of the first responders, the film provide an heartbreaking story of courage. Yes, this is the story of two very lucky men but they were as brave as any who died and by learning their story we get a little glimpse of the sacrifice so many made that day.

1. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    World Trade Center celebrates the ties that bind us, the bonds that keep us going, the goodness that stands as a rebuke to the horror of that day. Perhaps, in the future, the times will call for more challenging, or polemical, or subversive visions. Right now, it feels like the 9/11 movie we need.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    World Trade Center yields lovely and touching moments but proves a slow-going, arduous movie experience.
  3. This is a film of terrific selectivity. By focusing on two of the few who did survive the collapse, the film achieves emotional power and an uplifting ending.