8.4

1. Dec 22, 2014
    this is the best animated movie i have seen so far. i just loved that character called veneloppe. this movie has got all you want. i just want another movie sequel to this. i give it a perfect 10. some stupid **** gave it a 0/10 which is totally unfair. don't hear those dumb **** who doesn't know how to enjoy a movie. this is a movie one should never miss.
  2. Dec 5, 2014
    Amazing movie, loved everything in Wreck-It Ralph. It's funny, has an excellent storyline and can be enjoyed by anyone big or small. I also like the way the use video games in the film, to also have a game feel in the movie. One of Disney's greatest movies of all time to me. It has everything you would ever want in a film. Well done, Disney.
  3. Oct 27, 2014
    The colors, the video game references, the characters, the story, the music, the voice acting, the animation. This movie has all the ingredients to fall in love with and that cute little girl from Sugar Rush is sweeter than sugar itself. This is one of the greatest Disney animation I think and yeah it is.
  4. Oct 26, 2014
    this is the ultimate gamers movie. it pays the greatest respect to the games it's referencing and uses it's arcade setting in amazing ways

i love the story and characters especially Ralph in which john c riley gives one of his best performances and Vanellope who is expertly played by sarah silverman

seriously go and see this movie you won't regret it
  5. Oct 17, 2014
    I'm a gamer, this movie, just.. oh wow, i'm just waiting for Wreck-it-Ralph 2, those nostalgic video game characters, that storyline, This is the best Disney movie.

Gamers, watch this.
  6. Oct 8, 2014
    Boasted by a clever script, and remarkable performances by John C. Reilly and Sarah Silverman, this nostalgic animated excellence could not be any better.
  7. Aug 24, 2014
    I didn't watch cartoons for a long time, but oh am I glad I got myself to watch this one. Mostly funny jokes, good soundtrack, LOTS of cameos and homages to different video game characters, and the absolutely adorable Vanellope all make up an extremely solid cartoon which you must not miss.
  8. Aug 9, 2014
    The most miss leading movie of all time. A fairly passionless, pretty dull movie with an unlikable lead character, a clumsier story, poorly written bad guy, bad pacing and it just trying to get fans of video games into chimeras to get cold hard cash which just makes my skin cruel. Trying to distract you from it's gaming references from all the very big problems.
  9. May 25, 2014
    Such a wonderful film i can not believe i did not see this in theaters. Everything from the dialog to the CGI was perfect. One of the best films of 2012 and the movie that iv'e had the most fun watching in 2013 so far. For me it's the best video game related movie ever easily. all the characters all the little references had me laughing from start to finish.

(Ralph)John C. Reilly was

(Ralph)John C. Reilly was perfect i don't think they could have picked anyone better for the voice acting. Vanellope(Sarah Silverman) was my favorite character for sure she was so cute and so funny and almost everything she said had me smiling. Felix(Jack McBrayer) was like his every day person well at least how he acts like how he acts in all his movies or t.v. shows a funny but still kinda shy guy still he is great. Calhoun(Jane Lynch) was great and funny but still brutal for her character got to love a woman that can kick some butt =P

Im so glad that i finally watched this movie i had bought it off Playstation network but the blu ray release is soon and i will be buying this on blu ray. Overall i give this movie a solid 8.5 and i will for sure be watching this movie a couple more time this year
  10. May 22, 2014
    I Love Video Games so much! This is one of them. some them I know. Hero's Duty? Good joke for that! HA! Love that Joke! Other jokes like when ralph goes into the chocolate river and does that darth Vader Breath. Nice!!!
  11. May 10, 2014
    Wreck It Ralph is one of the best movies that Disney's made so far in this century. For me, its somewhere between Frozen and Tangled. Wreck It Ralph is very creative, and will likely appeal to gamers more than anyone else. That's not to say that there isn't something here if you're not a gamer, in fact there's a hell of a lot here to enjoy. There's a lot of heart and fun in the movie, andWreck It Ralph is one of the best movies that Disney's made so far in this century. For me, its somewhere between Frozen and Tangled. Wreck It Ralph is very creative, and will likely appeal to gamers more than anyone else. That's not to say that there isn't something here if you're not a gamer, in fact there's a hell of a lot here to enjoy. There's a lot of heart and fun in the movie, and it delivers a strong message for the kids. Although I enjoy Tangled as a whole more, I think Wreck It Ralph has far superior themes and messages. The relationship between Ralph and Vanellope is really touching and believable. Although the two characters are not related, Wreck It Ralph conveys a much stronger sibling bond than Frozen managed to achieve. Wreck It Ralph is great, and its definitely one of Disney's more underrated films. Expand
  12. Apr 27, 2014
    I have loved John C Reilly ever since I watched Chicago. Now this is the perfect voice role for him, you never have trouble believing that Ralph is exactly how he looks, which is odd. Wreck it Ralph is so unique, the people at Disney are just getting more and more creative. Wish I had their imaginative talent! This is amazing, I loved the way they could travel from game to game via wires,I have loved John C Reilly ever since I watched Chicago. Now this is the perfect voice role for him, you never have trouble believing that Ralph is exactly how he looks, which is odd. Wreck it Ralph is so unique, the people at Disney are just getting more and more creative. Wish I had their imaginative talent! This is amazing, I loved the way they could travel from game to game via wires, so creative! The characters are lovable and Vanellope is so cute! The fact the movie centres around 3 main game worlds shows how much they have thought about it. Wreck it ralph is kind of neutral ground, Heroes duty is aimed more at the male population and then of course Sugar Rush is aimed more at the female population. That is so clever as regardless if you agree with those stereotypes there will be one world you prefer, but this keeps everyone interested at some point of the movie. Thumbs up! Expand
  13. Apr 24, 2014
    Wreck-it Ralph is one of the most original, sweet, and funny Disney movies to come out in years. Everything in the movie is colorful and dazzling, and it takes you back to the retro era of video gaming. It's message and heart are the best parts about it.
  14. Apr 18, 2014
    This was silly Epic! I was surprised to find myself loving everything about it. It`s great in every way. It`s funny and has a good message. The characters are easy to like and root for.
  15. Mar 29, 2014
    The Greatest Video Game movie of all time! I loved it. I thought Disney did a masterful job on this movie! It has a lot of great references to different video games out there like Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-Man, Tapper, Super Mario Bros and many others! Of course it's not just the references that make the movie brilliant, I also thought the story was fantastic, it had some good humor and aThe Greatest Video Game movie of all time! I loved it. I thought Disney did a masterful job on this movie! It has a lot of great references to different video games out there like Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-Man, Tapper, Super Mario Bros and many others! Of course it's not just the references that make the movie brilliant, I also thought the story was fantastic, it had some good humor and a lot of "heart" to it. I do agree with a lot of people with the whole fact that this movie may have spent a little too much time in the Sugar Rush game; I would've liked it if they would've just explored other different games. Of course I understand that Disney couldn't just pull references out in every nook in cranny probably due to the copyrighting section of their budget. But I love what this films offers, I think that anyone could enjoy this game even if you are not a gamer. It so great to finally see a movie about video games that is actually good, because there are so many video game movies made out there that have been epic fails, but Wreck-It Ralph is a huge exception. Expand
  16. Mar 15, 2014
    i love wreck it ralph its everything i seen in an animated film but not like this . there should be more violent but still loved it . but sugar rush is for gay girls and boys which i hated in this film
  17. Mar 12, 2014
    Let me tell you: I am not a fan of Disney movies at all, but this one right here, is one that just can't be ignored. Wreck It Ralph is one of the most cleverly written and created films ever made by Disney, possibly even further than just Disney.
  18. Mar 8, 2014
    This is a clever, entertaining video-game based movie. It's also funny, touching, and I had a lot of fun with this film. What I would have liked to have seen more were characters based of from video games in reality. But other than that, this movie was just great.
  19. Mar 4, 2014
    The concept and animation is just brilliant. Although the constant cameos and popular references, the occasional over-use of wordplay and a slight lack of emotional connection drag it down slightly, especially when compared to other recent Disney entries, it's still a great family film.
  20. Feb 5, 2014
    Classic video games character cameos and video games come to life in a hyper detailed CGI world. Sold. Unfortunately this movie falls flat overall. Too many characters, overly tricky plot twists and really is two plots smashed together. This movie really should have been called "Sugar Rush" because Ralph's overarching plot seems lost in the meat of the film's race and betrayal story.Classic video games character cameos and video games come to life in a hyper detailed CGI world. Sold. Unfortunately this movie falls flat overall. Too many characters, overly tricky plot twists and really is two plots smashed together. This movie really should have been called "Sugar Rush" because Ralph's overarching plot seems lost in the meat of the film's race and betrayal story.

The ensemble video game cast of characters never really gels for me in the same way as the toys do in Toy Story or Finding Nemo. I'm still waiting for an awesome video game move. Like Tron this one falls short of the mark.
  21. Jan 23, 2014
    An excellent tribute to games that have passed, Ralph features an outstanding voice cast, amazing visuals, and hilarious video game references that will make anyone smile.
  22. Dec 31, 2013
    Um das animações mais divertida dos estúdios Dinsey, e com certeza uma das minha favoritas. História, cenários, efeitos sons são bem trabalhado e personagens divertidos.
  23. Dec 29, 2013
    This movie is my most absolute number 1 favourite disney movie, its cleaver, funny and IT HAS GAME CHARACTERS IN IT! which is brilliant because this title has limitless potential for future sequals, its got something for everyone you could possibly want in a Disney film, I never used to be a huge fan but now I am!
  24. Dec 27, 2013
    Manichean characters are some typical things in Disney features but in "Wreck-It Ralph" tries to call into question this. Neither good people are so good neither bad people are so bad. "Tangled" is good, "Wreck-It Ralph" is better.
  25. Dec 26, 2013
    A surprisingly brilliant film, has plenty of both funny and sad parts, as per usual from Disney, and as a gamer the multitude of game references were nice.
  26. Dec 21, 2013
    At first, just not convincing, but after half hour of movie, he turns, the characters take you, and come on, a happy ending once in a while is always good.
  27. Dec 11, 2013
    I love this movie! It's great for kids and adults.(I'm 17-years-old). The voice acting is phenomenal and the animation is terrific! There was never a point in the movie where i felt bored, it was pretty funny and it had a heart-touching story line!! I SERIOUSLY recommend for people of all ages to watch this movie.
  28. Dec 9, 2013
    This is one of the greatest animated movies that I have ever seen. I would say that it is amazing to a level par to Toy Story. Every character was portrayed well. The plot was exciting and not too predictable. My favorite part, however, was that the characters weren't people. They had their own issues, and the making it relate-able to the human viewers was executed magnificently. The humorThis is one of the greatest animated movies that I have ever seen. I would say that it is amazing to a level par to Toy Story. Every character was portrayed well. The plot was exciting and not too predictable. My favorite part, however, was that the characters weren't people. They had their own issues, and the making it relate-able to the human viewers was executed magnificently. The humor was rich and the story decently captivating. Amazing. Expand
  29. Nov 28, 2013
    Wreck it Ralph is easily one of the best animations i have ever seen, the idea behind it is so creative and so beautiful that keeps you in excitement and anticipation the entire time, it's a class A movie with all it's element, from the voices to the story to the picture. and this one deserved the Oscar for best animated film more than Brave by miles.
  30. Nov 13, 2013
    Oh yeah. This movie is HILARIOUS! If you are a big fan of video games, then you will fall IN LOVE with this movie. I used to think this movie was stupid, then I watched it, and I changed my mind. It's anything but!
  31. Nov 5, 2013
    Excellent film....it has a lot of excitement and diversity in the plot....but......it will never match the impact that has given us by the "Toy Story" series.....
  32. Nov 4, 2013
    A charming, funny, and heart-warming animated movie that acts as a love letter to video games. Honestly it's impressive to see an animated movie this good come from Disney and it not have Pixar's name attached to it. The characters and story are charming, the animation is superb, and the voice acting is excellent. The movie may be about the title character, but it's Sarah Silverman'sA charming, funny, and heart-warming animated movie that acts as a love letter to video games. Honestly it's impressive to see an animated movie this good come from Disney and it not have Pixar's name attached to it. The characters and story are charming, the animation is superb, and the voice acting is excellent. The movie may be about the title character, but it's Sarah Silverman's "Vanellope" that ends up stealing the show.

Kids are going to love this for it's characters, humor, and all around kid friendliness. However adults will love it for the exact same reason, and for it's numerous video game references. Honestly this is an excellent movie for gamers of all ages. It provides an excellent look at the interactive form of entertainment so many of us love. There are also numerous references to popular video games hidden throughout the film, some more subtle than others. This film pleased both the gamer and the movie fan within me.

"Wreck-It-Ralph" is a real treat, and just like the best Pixar movies both kids and adults will love every second of this film. A perfect movie for parents to watch with their kids. Heck it's good enough that parents don't even need their kids to watch this. This is a must watch for gamers alone just for the references hidden throughout. It's nice to see a film that portrays video games, not just as a worthless waste of time, but as a form of entertainment that is filled with characters and stories we can all love. Needless to say I highly recommend this movie.
  33. Oct 27, 2013
    Wreck it Ralph Movie Review

Wreck it Ralph Movie Review

Wreck it Ralph is one of the greatest animated movies that is thrilling, hilarious, creative, and full of emotions. Audiences can understand Ralph’s perspective of feeling like a “nobody.” The story line flows very well and is great for children of all ages. The movie is about a game character who struggles to become a hero by obtaining a medal. Ralph strives to become a hero by surviving in another game called “Hero’s Duty.” Although he won the medal, he accidentally brings a “cy-bug” with him which can jeopardize the whole game system. Ralph and Vanellope have explored Candy Land adventures and met an enemy called “King Candy” which then gives a great twist to the story. In my perspective, Wreck it Ralph does not need any improvements since it effectively presents a successful story of Ralph finding his own true meaning of himself and is seen as a hero all along. I think the director of this movie did a wonderful job in creating each scene and making sure it flows smoothly until the very end. Overall, the movie is thrilling and did not fail to entertain the audience and myself.

Literary: The spoken language is completely English and each of the main characters changes through out the film by further exploring their inner personality. The main issue of the movie is that Ralph fails to become a hero since he is always the “bad guy.” Ralph's situation with the cy-bug caused more problems and have jeopardized the game system.. The story was very interesting to me since the plot was well developed and characters had very unique personalities.
    Dramatic: The setting of this movie was very extraordinary. All the features in “Candy Land” were made out of candy and most of these candies were from Willy Wonka Company. The colorful backgrounds and scenery were very impressive and creative.
    Cinematic: In several scenes of the movie, the music flowed very well with the action of the characters. I believe the music is appropriate and fits well with the scenarios. The music is fun, playful, and great for children.
  34. Oct 11, 2013
    Wreck-It Ralph is a unique film for Disney because it does not feel like a Disney movie at all. Its atmosphere and characters are more reminiscent of that of an old school Pixar film (ex. Monsters Inc.). That being said it is not a great film. It can be tad cliché at times and the characters could have used a bit more development but for a Disney film it was pretty impressive. It is greatWreck-It Ralph is a unique film for Disney because it does not feel like a Disney movie at all. Its atmosphere and characters are more reminiscent of that of an old school Pixar film (ex. Monsters Inc.). That being said it is not a great film. It can be tad cliché at times and the characters could have used a bit more development but for a Disney film it was pretty impressive. It is great to see Disney break away from their traditional formula and create something more original and inspired. As a result, Disney was able to create an enjoyable film, more original than Brave, that is definitely worth a watch. If you felt that Brave was good but unoriginal and want something more inspired than definitely check this film out. Wreck-It Ralph feels more like a Pixar film than a Disney film and if Disney keeps this sort of creativity up, I’m sure they’ll get back to their heyday soon enough. Expand
  35. Sep 7, 2013
    I'll be honest, I went into Wreck It Ralph thinking it would be a cheesy kids movie with little plot, just 90 minutes of childish humor. I admit that I was way off. After seeing this movie four times, I can say that I still laugh and enjoy the film.

Our main character is Ralph (John C. Reilly) who belongs in the arcade game Wreck It Ralph. Ralph's home is moved and replaced by a complex full of people knows as "NiceLanders." Ralph upset by this wrecks the building and it is fixed by Felix (Jack McBrayer.) That is the game that the arcade users play.

On the games anniversary, Ralph is not invited and wrecks the building for real this time because all he wants is a medal and to be a good guy for once. He decides to leave his own game and try to win a medal in others. He meets Sergeant Calhoun (Jane Lynch) in one game (Heroes Duty) and takes accidently flies a space pod into a candy racing game, (Sugar Rush) where he meets a girl named Vanellope von Schweetz. (Sarah Silverman)

We first meet Vanellope when she takes Ralph's medal. Throughout the movie we see her character evolve into a better person. Ralph starts to show emotion toward Vanellope which we can clearly see especially when Ralph teaches her how to drive a racecar. Vanellope usually gets picked on because she is called a glitch. She isn't allowed to race because if she crosses the finish line the entire game resets so she used Ralph's medal to enter the race. The movie takes a very unexpected turn and has a powerful ending.

I loved Wreck It Ralph enough to see it multiple times with friends and independently and have had great reactions from friends who watched it. Disney/Pixar really got this movie right and I am hoping for a sequel in the future.
  36. Aug 7, 2013
    Wreck it Ralph was a huge surprise to me. Not only it has excellent graphics but it is really touching and moving. I don't really watch animation movies but this movie was a simply perfection. I saw Brave too which was good but not as good as wreck-it Ralph. I can't say something about the acting but all this atmosphere of the games and everything in that film made me feel like a littleWreck it Ralph was a huge surprise to me. Not only it has excellent graphics but it is really touching and moving. I don't really watch animation movies but this movie was a simply perfection. I saw Brave too which was good but not as good as wreck-it Ralph. I can't say something about the acting but all this atmosphere of the games and everything in that film made me feel like a little child again. It is one of the best animation movies that I have ever seen and I would recommend it to everyone regardless their age. Should have won that Oscar as it was much much better than Brave A must-watch Expand
  37. Aug 2, 2013
    Wow, Wreck-it-Ralph is great (not that I'm surprised)! It's a nice, geeky and comedic movie which brings game characters old and new together. It has a charming story of how a bad guy wants to become a good guy; the story manages to be emotional and thrilling most likely it would appeal to all age audiences (except from maybe old people with their "Back in my day!" thing...). One thingWow, Wreck-it-Ralph is great (not that I'm surprised)! It's a nice, geeky and comedic movie which brings game characters old and new together. It has a charming story of how a bad guy wants to become a good guy; the story manages to be emotional and thrilling most likely it would appeal to all age audiences (except from maybe old people with their "Back in my day!" thing...). One thing that is done really well is that it lets you get to know the characters and what they're like; basically the characterization is done well (especially with Ralph and Venelope.). To conclude: this film is exciting and emotional and would appeal to most audiences with it's light-hearted humour and... annoying world wide liked music (witch: unfortunately... Do not like, but it does fit in with the film very well). So I give this film a... 90/100! Expand
  38. Jul 22, 2013
    Wreck-It Ralph is another fantastic animation from Disney. If you are a fan of videogames, you cannot afford to miss this treasure trove of nods and references. Better still, the movie has real heart and soul. And some good laughs to boot.
  39. Jul 21, 2013
    This movie is the current generations Toy Story. Is it as good as toy story? No, but this is the best animation of 2012. John C. Reilly is really good as ralph,(who didn't tear up when he was about to die) Sarah Silverman was pretty good, whoever voiced fix-it felix was good, same for king candy. The comedy is really good(most of it provided by king candy). There was a lot of obscure andThis movie is the current generations Toy Story. Is it as good as toy story? No, but this is the best animation of 2012. John C. Reilly is really good as ralph,(who didn't tear up when he was about to die) Sarah Silverman was pretty good, whoever voiced fix-it felix was good, same for king candy. The comedy is really good(most of it provided by king candy). There was a lot of obscure and easy to see references, and the credits had a lot of references too. Kids will love this movie and so will adults. Expand
  40. Jul 7, 2013
    I LOVED THIS MOVIE. IT WAS REALLY CUTE WHEN VENELOPE CROSSED THE FINISH LINE AND everything went Back To Normal!! Watch the trailer here, http://www.metacritic.com/movie/wreck-it-ralph/trailers
  41. Jul 5, 2013
    The 8-bit era is close to the heart of many a gamer, evoking a deep nostalgia for days gone by. Wreck-It Ralph firmly latches on to this sentiment, providing the older members of the audience with just as much to enjoy as the kids.

Disney's business practices aren't always seen in a positive light, but there can be no argument as to the consistency of the films they put out. They have a knack for producing stories that live long in the memory of both children and adults alike. This particular movie is no exception and, whilst the plot is far from original in terms of its themes and morals, it's done with such heart that it really doesn't matter. There are lazy genre flicks, but there are also good genre flicks, and this certainly falls into the latter category.

The world itself is realised with great attention to detail. The bright colours and finely detailed environments giving a real sense of how much work has gone into the production. The sights and sounds of the arcade are also integrated into the action with great effect, the mindful application they receive giving the impression that it's not just the audience that has been hit with a dose of nostalgia.

As per usual for Disney, the voice acting is top notch, with stars as diverse as Jane Lynch and Dennis Haysbert lending their expertise to bring the world to life. The characters are also very well conceived, each with their own cross to bear as they live out their lives as jobbing sprites in the local arcade. The art of tempering cuteness with a degree of sadness is where the film really excels, never coming close to the point of being off-putting through being sickly sweetness.

Rounding out the characters is a huge cast of extras taken from a variety of retro gaming sources. Everything from Street Fighter to Sonic, Mario to Q*bert is represented, and it never fails to raise a smile for those who look upon them with fondness. From a marketing perspective, it's a masterstroke. The kids get their serving of fun, but the appeal extends to a whole different generation, drawn in by the promise of a trip down memory lane.
  42. Jul 4, 2013
    "Wreck-It Ralph" is film that dives into the world of video games (and for a video gaming lover like me, how could I not like this film). "Wreck-It Ralph's beginning is great, I would have given it a 9 or 10 due to the fact that it deals with a fresh, original, and amazing world that is so interesting and fun to watch. However, once "Wreck-It Ralph" deals with its plot, it somewhat doesn't"Wreck-It Ralph" is film that dives into the world of video games (and for a video gaming lover like me, how could I not like this film). "Wreck-It Ralph's beginning is great, I would have given it a 9 or 10 due to the fact that it deals with a fresh, original, and amazing world that is so interesting and fun to watch. However, once "Wreck-It Ralph" deals with its plot, it somewhat doesn't take advantage off its terrific universe. When "Wreck-It Ralph" spent a majority of the film in a game called "Sugar Rush", and I felt that it somewhat weakened the premise of the universe, as after a few minutes you can easily get over the "Sugar Rush" game. "Sugar Rush" was fun and somewhat creative, but the film spent to much time in it, and I felt that this movie could have gone as a chase through many games and expand to their film's universe, but no, it focused on "Sugar Rush". The story on Vanellope is sad (somewhat average), and Ralph's bad guy story gives emotions too, but it's climax is too kid friendly and I thought it could have dove into a much better and stronger conclusion involving the video game universe. Characters other than that are basically comic-relief, except for maybe the villain, but the villain isn't that well written and could have been stronger considering of the several menacing villains in the video game world. If comparing this to Brave, I thought they have the opposite strengths and weaknesses, and both having an "okay" plotline "Brave" has strong characters, but a so-so theme/premise; "Wreck-It Ralph" has so-so characters, an amazing theme/premise, but could have been built on. Expand
  43. Jun 25, 2013
    In a year were movies like the avengers and the dark knight and the always present competition of Pixar, it would be crazy to consider an non-pixar animated film one of the best movies of the year. Well, it would have be crazy if not for Wreck it Ralph! It is easily the best animated film of the year and one of my all time favorites from Disney.
  44. Jun 20, 2013
    Wreck-it Ralph has become one of my favorite movies of all time! The characters are pretty well developed for a kids movie, the animation is A+ quality, the soundtrack is great, it's very original, and has a great message. The only thing that bothered me was the occasional heavily corny joke, but, the rest of the movie was so amazing that it doesn't really matter that it had some corny jokes.
  45. Jun 10, 2013
    A film based on video game characters coming to life? Video games are so popular it's amazing that nobody has made a film like this before. Everything starts off well, the graphics and animations are outstanding and there's a great mix of different styles from different eras (8-bit, 16-bit, etc, with appropriate animations the nicelander people are particularly well done). Everything isA film based on video game characters coming to life? Video games are so popular it's amazing that nobody has made a film like this before. Everything starts off well, the graphics and animations are outstanding and there's a great mix of different styles from different eras (8-bit, 16-bit, etc, with appropriate animations the nicelander people are particularly well done). Everything is introduced well and the first half an hour is a brilliant exercise in spotting the video game cameos. For someone who's been interested in games for a while I loved the more obscure references such as the metal gear exclamation mark.

However once we get to the sugar rush land things start to go a bit wrong. Vanellope starts off cute and the voice work by Sarah Silverman is very good, but unfortunately the character becomes quite irritating with all the breathless rushing around. We also have another story arc going on in the background with Felix and Calhoun but this is quite boring. What the film lacks is a strong comedy sidekick like the donkey in Shrek. I also feel that the film spends too long in Sugar Rush after a while you get bored of
    all the chocolate lakes and candy canes and wish they'd take the story to another game for a while. The story is also quite predictable and I was surprised to find myself getting quite bored long before the end. It's a shame because I felt they could have done so much more with the video game premise the entire section in sugar rush who have easily been set in Alice in Wonderland, for example, given the look of the environment and characters.

Overall the film is a mixture of Toy Story and Monsters Inc but isn't as good as either.
  46. Jun 5, 2013
    "Wreck-It Ralph" is an incredibly well thought out and well executed animation. The jarring political statement of the movie feeds the appetite of mature audiences. The overload of references to early 21st and late 20th century pop culture, however, alienates the younger audience. In addition, the concept of arcades is such an anomaly to younger generations that this film was, in fact,"Wreck-It Ralph" is an incredibly well thought out and well executed animation. The jarring political statement of the movie feeds the appetite of mature audiences. The overload of references to early 21st and late 20th century pop culture, however, alienates the younger audience. In addition, the concept of arcades is such an anomaly to younger generations that this film was, in fact, more of an homage to the Baby Boomer generation (and the political atmosphere that clouded that era).

Nevertheless, Walt Disney Studios did an outstanding production by presenting a heart-warming and relevant animation. Besides..what child wouldn't like a film about video games and candies?
  47. Jun 4, 2013
    "Wreck It Ralph is a wonderfully delight, pure imaginative treat. That has set a new bar for Disney films everywhere including PIXAR. It has tons of heart and humor, Without a doubt the best animated film of the year. Maybe even quite possibly a classic." A+
  48. May 27, 2013
    Nice idea it straddled the line between appealing to adults and kids quite well until the second act of the movie, where it did slip just a little. I think it's quite interesting how the movie directly referenced popular video games (post modern to the extreme) instead of designing thinly disguised similiar characters from known games it happens but it's still not very common. One day weNice idea it straddled the line between appealing to adults and kids quite well until the second act of the movie, where it did slip just a little. I think it's quite interesting how the movie directly referenced popular video games (post modern to the extreme) instead of designing thinly disguised similiar characters from known games it happens but it's still not very common. One day we won't always have to reference Greek mythology or other classic works for people to consider it an interesting comparison. Expand
  49. May 21, 2013
    Best animated movie this year for me. Loved the characters(all of them), very well placed humor, nice 3d effects, and it's super original, therefore it deserved it's place among Oscar's nominee!
  50. May 16, 2013
    Wreck-It Ralph is the best Disney movie since The Emperor's New Groove, which is a big deal for me to say, as The Emperor's New Groove is one of my favourite films of all time. Wreck-It Ralph is a gamer's dream film, all the nods to video games are fantastic and it really feels like a personal love letter to games and the arcade. The film is at times hilarious, heartfelt and exciting, allWreck-It Ralph is the best Disney movie since The Emperor's New Groove, which is a big deal for me to say, as The Emperor's New Groove is one of my favourite films of all time. Wreck-It Ralph is a gamer's dream film, all the nods to video games are fantastic and it really feels like a personal love letter to games and the arcade. The film is at times hilarious, heartfelt and exciting, all the ingredients for a truly memorable Disney film, while not quite all the jokes are funny, the vast majority of them had me laughing. Rich Moore has crafted the quintessential video game movie and has made it enjoyable to anyone, seriously, everyone in the family will like it (as long as they don't recoil at the sight of anything colourful). The best movie of 2013 so far, Wreck-It Ralph had me in stitches. Thank-you Rich Moore, 93/100. Expand
  51. May 15, 2013
    A great animation of the Disney studios. Ralph is a movie magically colorful and lively with a well done storyline, fantastic scenery and characters and charismatic and funny, making for a fun family film.
  52. May 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's about time a movie based off a video game; or in this case video game based, and I'm very glad that I spent the last of my allowance to see in it in theaters. I think just about everyone can make the connection that this movie is based off the Donkey Kong games from the early years; at least gamers know probably, and I guess that they couldn't get the rights to the characters so they improvised. I'm not entirely sure though. First off, it's about time, that we have a movie that's about video games and doesn't suck. I said it already, but it's so exciting. Enough with the geekgasm, I should start talking about why I like this film. Some of things that stand out in this film are the visuals, they are a joy to look at and have a lot of imagination put into them. Varying from arcade classic theme, dark gritty, and childlike. The characters are good, the main character has reasonable reasons for doing what he's done, the supporting cast are fun. Some have the cute brat charm, while others have the army general type. Story is great too, talking about how it feels to be the bad guy; of course it's circumstantial, but it does get the point across and the main character shows very good development. This is one of my favorite Disney films, and it surprises me in how this wasn't a Pixar production. I guess there's this giant plot hole near the end, but I don't see it as a major problem. I believe this is one of the best Disney films out there, and is certainly a joy to watch. Expand
  53. May 10, 2013
    This movie is one of the most clever, fun-filled, and original movies I have ever seen. There is rarely a dull moment, and it is family friendly but will be a hit for adults as well. This comedy is sure to make you laugh and connect with the characters as you complete this awesome adventure.
  54. May 6, 2013
    Awesome movie. I loved all the references and character cameos from the video games of years past. It was funny, clever and nostalgic. It would be a shame for anyone to miss out on this movie.
  55. Apr 26, 2013
    It's great to see Disney release another quality film that is of their Toy Story standards, and this was definitley one of them! It's such a creative concept that not only kids will love but big kids at heart that grew up with arcade games. They certainly knew how to hit their target audience and with likable characters like Ralph, Felix & Vanellope and a surprise villain this film prettyIt's great to see Disney release another quality film that is of their Toy Story standards, and this was definitley one of them! It's such a creative concept that not only kids will love but big kids at heart that grew up with arcade games. They certainly knew how to hit their target audience and with likable characters like Ralph, Felix & Vanellope and a surprise villain this film pretty much had everything to be the success that it was. Overall a must-see for Disney fans out there! Expand
  56. Apr 21, 2013
    I originally had this rated a 7; after watching it again a few times, it's really grown on me. The film works well, delivering comedy for both parents and children. A tad predictable, but what Disney move isn't? All in all, one of the better family films to come out in last few years.
  57. Apr 20, 2013
    Wreck-It Ralph was //by far// the most original movie so far. Very emotional (to me) as well. I think it's for children 8-7 and up considering it says "killing" and "I want you dead" or something similar to that. But hey, this is just my honest opinion. I really recommend watching it, if you haven't already.
  58. Apr 19, 2013
    It has been a long time since Disney has produced something this great of a masterpiece; with an audience suited for anyone, beautiful animation, characters the audiences can relate to, emotional voice acting, a twist that actually surprised me and to top it all video game references that were actually relevant to the story. This film deserves all of the 'wreck-ognition' it has achieved.
  59. Apr 18, 2013
    Fear not, there's enough pop culture references and nostalgic homages to go around, for Wreck-It Ralph is a true bow to a culture and time that only now seems to live on in the arcade.
    Ralph (John C. Reilly) is fed up of being the villain in the Fix-It Felix game, he has no friends, lives in a dump (literally) and longs of being accepted in the wide world of his video game counterparts. As he makes it his point to get a medal and be accepted, we are introduced to childhood heroes reborn, everyone from the Pac-Man universe to Street Fighter and even a little Metal Gear Solid reference.
    There is a whole protocol within each game machine that when the arcade closes, they are free to explore each machine, and the film references on countless occasions just how limited technology was in these games, pixels fill the movement of various characters, showing the comparison between then and now (look at that High Definition, your face; its amazing).
    The film attempts to of course paint the sort of Toy Story picture of what do toys do when nobody is around, they live their lives, all the villains of all the games meet up at Pac Mans machine, where Blinky holds a support group for the villains, and this is truly one of the funniest parts of the film.
    The story does see Ralph trying his best to get a medal, but unfortunately creates an event which could destroy his own gaming machine for good, as he stumbles into the candy world which unfortunately has the cutest and most loveable glitch in small girl Vanellope, who just wants to race her sweet kart (it is literally made up of sweets). But Ralph must be careful because as Sonic says, if you die in another game, you cannot regenerate, ever.
    In regards to visuals, Wreck-It Ralph manages to achieve both the 2-D and 3-D universe seamlessly, which brings past characters to life while also bearing the resemblance of how we remember them.
    The story has the perfect voice cast with Reilly joined by Sarah Silverman and Jane Lynch,
    Its the visual gags that really make this film funny, taking cues from Pixar, and this very well could be mistaken for a Pixar film, but Disney have managed to make kids and adults happy alike whether the characters are running through the high-def world of Hero's Duty or indeed the Pac-Man word, Wreck-It Ralph is a wonderfully funny and well written piece that will amuse everyone.
  60. Apr 13, 2013
    This movie was adorable,intelligent and Full of memorable characters.
    Takes me back to the earlier Disney movies where you could feel for the characters and there was some emotional depth to them, or maybe there wasn't and I was just 10, but in wreck it ralph there definitely was..
    I'm going to suggest this movie to everyone I know with kids.. The idea of a videogame movie really
    This movie was adorable,intelligent and Full of memorable characters.
    I'm going to suggest this movie to everyone I know with kids..

The idea of a videogame movie really appeals to me, Seeing all those arcade characters gave me a wonderful sense of nostalgia while watching this, wreck it ralph is one of those rare childrens movies that can easily be enjoyed by most light hearted adults and man-children
  61. Apr 13, 2013
    this movie ws pretty good much better than i expected but it did have flaws the cast was very good in this i loved john c. riley as ralph and sarah silverman was great to the story was good except i would have liked to have seen more games or worlds visited it did seem to drag on towards the end with the whole sugar rush world but all around pretty good movie
  62. Apr 13, 2013
    I love a tremendous movie from disney that wasn't a part of Pixar, yet like "Tangled" it captivates the heart just like most Pixar movies. The movie really struck me with it's amazing anamation, along with bringing in some beloved games of our time like "Pac-Man", "Sonic" and even "Mario", (I'm talking about Bowser). But never the less, it took me by surprise. As far as storytelling, it'sI love a tremendous movie from disney that wasn't a part of Pixar, yet like "Tangled" it captivates the heart just like most Pixar movies. The movie really struck me with it's amazing anamation, along with bringing in some beloved games of our time like "Pac-Man", "Sonic" and even "Mario", (I'm talking about Bowser). But never the less, it took me by surprise. As far as storytelling, it's seems typical, but once you start to go for the ride, your having a blast. Plus, the characters are really interesting and captivate your heart with great voiceovers such as John C. Reily, Jack McBryer, Sarah Silverman and even Jane Lynch. And at the end, you will have had a heart warming experience. Overall, it's a wondorous non Pixar movie. Expand
  63. Apr 9, 2013
    I've never seen such a big, bold, extremely original and intellectually smart film as "Wreck-It Ralph". Truly lovable to its highest peak, it will not leave you unsatisfied! It's the meca of how quality animated films should be made. Trust me, instead of looking for the next action-packed flick, detour for a minute and devour this movie to pieces, just to have all its meaning into you. TheI've never seen such a big, bold, extremely original and intellectually smart film as "Wreck-It Ralph". Truly lovable to its highest peak, it will not leave you unsatisfied! It's the meca of how quality animated films should be made. Trust me, instead of looking for the next action-packed flick, detour for a minute and devour this movie to pieces, just to have all its meaning into you. The greatest animated Pixar movie I've ever seen! Expand
  64. Mar 30, 2013
    As an old gamer, I really liked the respect this movie payed to all forgotten games out there So, if you know what Qbert is, go see the movie without further delay As for me, I have to remember where my ZX Spectrum is
  65. Mar 24, 2013
    Nicest video-game movie ever made. Just don't forget it's a kids movie.All nods to classic games are fantastic, still, the story stands on it's own. Get your kids to it!
  66. Mar 23, 2013
    I actually expected less, maybe 7/10. But THIS movie is one of the best animated movies of 2013 (in where I live) and of all time. It's so good, I am wondering why people HATE IT?!? I tell you, it's no mixed bag, it's a Pick n Mix.
  67. Mar 20, 2013
    If you have any interest in video games (especially Mario Kart, modern shooters, arcade games) this movie has several concepts and ideas that are imaginative and intelligent. The middle of the movie is standard kid friendly action-blockbuster, but the setup is unique, along with some intelligent crossover effects from video games into the realm of animation. I found the voice of the littleIf you have any interest in video games (especially Mario Kart, modern shooters, arcade games) this movie has several concepts and ideas that are imaginative and intelligent. The middle of the movie is standard kid friendly action-blockbuster, but the setup is unique, along with some intelligent crossover effects from video games into the realm of animation. I found the voice of the little girl a bit distracting because it sounds like a grown-up impersonating a child, but it's well done, so, non-issue really. Then there's the exclusion of many game genres. RPGs, platformers, point'n'click, strategy, puzzle etc... which would in different ways broaden the scope of the sometimes repetitive use of gokarts. Also, there's not much to take from the movie into the real world. It's in that way stuck between useful exposition of interactive media, and a useless entertainment flick. Very well made, very well thought out. But the direction it takes suffers the same premise as video games: often it's about entertainment and forgetting the bigger themes in life. In these times, we are hard pressed to face real issues and focus culture towards a discussion of those problems, ideas and technologies. For example, what if the movie inspired kids to code? I'm afraid they'll be more inclined to draw and play than to 'get' the importance of words and the ability to code useful tools. I liked that the king was able to 'code' his way out of a problem, but mostly it was about racing a gokart. Distraction or purely fun? Maybe both? Expand
  68. Mar 10, 2013
    Wreck-it Ralph is the best animated film since Toy Story 3. All the characters in this film help to create a story that could become a very nice franchise.
  69. BKM
    Mar 9, 2013
    Far more than just a loving homage to old school video games, Wreck-It Ralph is a joyous, funny, smart and touching story about being comfortable in your own skin. It's lesson may be older than the numerous video games that are referenced throughout, but it is a lesson that still resonates and is worth repeating.
  70. Mar 7, 2013
    Wreck it Ralph is a rather fresh and new style of movie. It has the feel of a pixar film, but in a few ways could even be better. I am looking forward to Wreck it Ralph 2 to see what they can come up with next.
  71. Mar 6, 2013
    It's all right. It's tightly plotted, for sure. But I think it was really let down on the comedy side... I didn't really laugh at all, in fact. The script is functional but it just doesn't shine. And I can't help but feel that spending pretty much all of the film in a nondescript candy land was a waste of potential when there was a whole arcade to explore. The visuals and animation areIt's all right. It's tightly plotted, for sure. But I think it was really let down on the comedy side... I didn't really laugh at all, in fact. The script is functional but it just doesn't shine. And I can't help but feel that spending pretty much all of the film in a nondescript candy land was a waste of potential when there was a whole arcade to explore. The visuals and animation are generally rather lovely, though. Expand
  72. Mar 2, 2013
    Video game adaptations are always terrible, from Doom (only memorable for its 2 minute FPS sequence) to the god awful Max Payne (unlike Doom it has no redeeming features at all). This simple fact meant I wasn't looking forward to Wreck it Ralph at all. The film follows Wreck it Ralph (John C Reilly), the main villain in the game Fix it Felix Jr, a game where Ralph feels nothing but underVideo game adaptations are always terrible, from Doom (only memorable for its 2 minute FPS sequence) to the god awful Max Payne (unlike Doom it has no redeeming features at all). This simple fact meant I wasn't looking forward to Wreck it Ralph at all. The film follows Wreck it Ralph (John C Reilly), the main villain in the game Fix it Felix Jr, a game where Ralph feels nothing but under appreciated. Because of this he decides to game jump and in search of more pixilated pastures. This brings hum to a game called Sugar Rush where he meets Penelope (Sarah Silverman), a young girl with problems that he decides to help due to their similarities. Meanwhile Felix searches for Ralph to get him to return to the game so it doesn't get unplugged for good. The film cleverly creates a world of games instead of concentrating on just one. This is how Wreck it Ralph manages to avoid the curse of the video game adaptation. It manages to be original while referencing old games in passing. The film acts as an homage, not just to retro games but the culture of gaming in general making for a very moving and culturally relevant film that will resonate with kids, adults and even the more hardcore gamers. It's story is well constructed as it establishes a world with endless franchise possibilities but it also creates a genuine conflict and risk for these characters making their journey throughout the film quite tense at times. The adventures they go on are dangerous and because of this they are thrilling. The film does drag in its opening 30 minutes but so did the first Toy Story, its a film creating a world from scratch and ultimately you have to give it the time to do so. The film however does lack a decent villain with its ending suffering in some ways because of it but as a problem it is only a subtle one. The film engages with the viewer through Ralph, who is a thoroughly empathetic lead and incredibly entertaining in both his clumsiness and his heart. The father daughter relationship between him and Penelope is the heart and soul of the picture and makes for an emotional finale even though there is no real tense climax. Ultimately its a film that works because of how clever it is and how good a lead character Ralph is. John C Reilly is a dynamic lead and gives Ralph an everyman kind of quality that makes it easy to like him. It's a Disney film with the heart and power of a Pixar movie and after 2010's Tangled it bodes well for Disney animations in general. Expand
  73. Mar 2, 2013
    Wreck-it-Ralph is a great movie for anyone and everyone. It is fun for kids. It has classic videogame references (for people to point out to eachother- "ooh look- Pong!"). It has a great story- it actually cuts kinda deep, emotionally, and that is something I have to give props to Disney for. The CGI is great for a non-Pixar CGI film. This movie is the full package that makes an awesomeWreck-it-Ralph is a great movie for anyone and everyone. It is fun for kids. It has classic videogame references (for people to point out to eachother- "ooh look- Pong!"). It has a great story- it actually cuts kinda deep, emotionally, and that is something I have to give props to Disney for. The CGI is great for a non-Pixar CGI film. This movie is the full package that makes an awesome movie- I'm actually surprised that it did not win the Oscar for best animated feature film this year. I bet the sequel will. I cannot WAIT for Wreck it Ralph 2. Expand
  74. Mar 2, 2013
    i think disney should allocate more resources to making a quality film rather than paying ppl to write glowing reviews about this terribly unfunny and boring POS. i can't believe anyone would be that entertained by this movie to give it a 10 let alone an 8 or 9 unless they were being paid to promote this film under false pretenses. i saw 30 minutes of this movie and had to walk away.i think disney should allocate more resources to making a quality film rather than paying ppl to write glowing reviews about this terribly unfunny and boring POS. i can't believe anyone would be that entertained by this movie to give it a 10 let alone an 8 or 9 unless they were being paid to promote this film under false pretenses. i saw 30 minutes of this movie and had to walk away. really bland, desperately trying to be funny, creatively bankrupt waste of time. if i had anything to do w/ this production, i'd insist on having my name removed from the credits or at least listed under a pseudonym.

this movie is a train wreck and a far cry from pixar gems like wall-e, up!, monster's inc. etc... even decent disney films like entagled which had great characters and quality writing. anyone who *sincerely* believes this movie deserves anything above a 4 is only lying to themselves. absolutely abysmal. but having said that... i still encourage you to watch it if you have a chance just to get a better understanding of how marketing and hype have permeated everything we are exposed to in our daily lives from media to politics to consumerism.
  75. Mar 1, 2013
    A really fun movie to watch, with a good story behind it. But, I wish they did 2 things differently. 1. Make the character animations stick to their 8 bit or 16 bit origins. 2. There was not enough reference to old and current video games.
  76. Feb 28, 2013
    Wreck-it Ralph is classic Disney. Take away the video game background and it could be any standard Disney movie. But its the video game background that helps make it work. There's lovely in-jokes for older video game fans while still playing with arcade videogame convention in such an obvious way that any age-group can enjoy it. The film is also helped by great vocal talent. Everyone fitsWreck-it Ralph is classic Disney. Take away the video game background and it could be any standard Disney movie. But its the video game background that helps make it work. There's lovely in-jokes for older video game fans while still playing with arcade videogame convention in such an obvious way that any age-group can enjoy it. The film is also helped by great vocal talent. Everyone fits their role and help elevate the movie above the likes of rise of the guardians. However the film suffers on two fronts a bare bones plot device and a villain who only really gets revealed near the end. A bit more world building would have helped both. But still, this is a quality animated movie and great fun for video game nerds like myself. The end credits in particular are lovely. Just below a 7 here. If Metacritic allowed decimals, this would be a 6.5.

Special mention for the Disney short at the start Paperman. It's absolutely beautiful and strikes a different tone to the usual Pixxar cute short. Mixing lovely black and white colouring with classic Disney-style aniumation, A movie in this style would be very interesting.
  77. Feb 27, 2013
    This is probably my new favorite Pixar film, ok so I work in the Game's industry so I was literally gushing at all the video game references (and there are lots) some in your face, some more subtle. But even as a family animated movie Wreck-It Ralph hits all the right notes, once again Pixar do what they do so well and craft brilliant characters, colourful exciting worlds and anThis is probably my new favorite Pixar film, ok so I work in the Game's industry so I was literally gushing at all the video game references (and there are lots) some in your face, some more subtle. But even as a family animated movie Wreck-It Ralph hits all the right notes, once again Pixar do what they do so well and craft brilliant characters, colourful exciting worlds and an entertaining story. In short Ralph is the bad guy in a classic arcade game called "Fix It Felix Jr", tired of being the bad guy he leaves the game and ventures into other games in an effort to become a hero. Saying anymore will spoil the plot and Pixar films are ones that are best gone into afresh. The pacing does falter a bit in them middle but the beginning and ending is pure goodness, by the end you'll want to play even the fictional games made for the movie. Expand
  78. Feb 25, 2013
    i love this movie, it has a great range of funny emotional scenes. A great family movie starring Jane Lynch, and John C. Reilly.
  79. Feb 24, 2013
    A very good film that will entertain both the kids and adults. The many video game references are brilliant. It provides the usual vast number of emotions you would expect from a disney film. Although thoruoghly enjoyable and entertaining it does not quite rank up there with the greatest animated disney films. Still definitely worth a watch though.
  80. Feb 24, 2013
    This movie is the biggest piece of commercial i've ever seen in an animated movie. the well known, and well loved gaming characters like, Bowser, Sonic, Eggman, packman, and so on. They are only in the movie for like 5mins, and over half of them don't even have a line. I bet it's just so they can put em on the poster and in commercials, so people go see it.

Futher more, it was

Futher more, it was predictable as hell. well, maybe it's just me, but i feel tricked by Walt Disney, what a load of BS (sorry). i'm just glad i didn't pay to watch it.

But i can see that it would be good for small children, who dosen't know thoes classic gaming personalities, so they don't feel tricked. And it definitly shouldn't get oscar nominated. But i guess if it wins a Oscar Statuette, then i'll know that the Oscars is Fixed. xD
  81. Feb 23, 2013
    Completely one of the greatest animated films of all time. It has many funny jokes, sad parts and such a colorful art direction and one of the greatest i have seen in years. Just amazing
  82. Feb 21, 2013
    Adorable animation and lovable characters, this is both a combination of Toy Story and Who Framed Roger Rabbit in video game form Disney style. Maintains that Disney look of great animation, comedy and unsurprisingly underlying darkness alongside characters with interesting back stories where they are just begging to be loved, not to mention the film itself begging for repeat viewingsAdorable animation and lovable characters, this is both a combination of Toy Story and Who Framed Roger Rabbit in video game form Disney style. Maintains that Disney look of great animation, comedy and unsurprisingly underlying darkness alongside characters with interesting back stories where they are just begging to be loved, not to mention the film itself begging for repeat viewings because this is a film you can't see just once. It's neither patronising nor sickening, an intelligent combination of characters if not cameos with plenty of nostalgic video game references and humour which is a reason why plenty of adults should see this. It makes it feel like an instant classic and it's got an imaginative yet freaky twist in it that I've ever seen in an animation. The thing that got me was not only the heart-warming ending, but a sweet little romance between two very different characters which should be one of the sweetest romances in animation history. This film should belong up there with beautiful animations such as Toy Story. Expand
  83. Feb 19, 2013
    Best movie I saw in 2012. As a game villain Ralph is tired of being treated poorly, so on a bet he make an attempt at getting a coveted hero's medal. A story of trust and friendship, the video game landscape doesn't hurt the movie at all.
  84. Feb 16, 2013
    Are you big on video games? Have you ever watched a movie about video games? If you haven't this movie is for you, it has lots of video game cameos, great story, beautiful animation and just as much fun to watch as playing a video game!
  85. Feb 16, 2013
    Above all other entertainment mediums I am a gamer first and foremost so when I heard about Pixar making a Toy Story esque film about a videogame arcade I was a little worried, especially when I heard that real game characters such as Sonic Bowser would make an appearance...oh how wrong I was to worry.
    Wreck-It Ralph tells the story of Ralph, the bad guy in the arcade game Fix-It Felix. Ralph doesn't like being a bad guy because bad guys dont win medals or get celebrated so when he is shunned from the games 30th anniversary party Ralph decides to leave his game, join a different one and win a medal for being a good guy. However in his disappearance the game Fix-It Felix is continued to be played and is reported broken due to a missing Ralph. Felix realises how much of a role Ralph plays and must track him down and get him back in the game before they are unplugged forever.

Wreck-It Ralph is incredibly well animated, has a brilliant voice cast and some great cameo's of real game characters and their voice actors. Gamers and non-gamers alike will enjoy it for its modern take on the 'Toy Story' tale and for its hilarious references, the most notable being the Konami Code.
    Wreck-It Ralph is this generations Toy Story and a film that should not be missed by anyone of any age.
  86. Feb 15, 2013
    I'll start by saying I don't like CG movies. I can never really connect to them. As a game playing teenager, I was enticed by the nostalgia of seeing some of the games from my youth rendered large. All I can say is what a missed opportunity. I thought there was going to be much more game hopping, and more characters featured. There is the whole history of computer gaming to draw from,I'll start by saying I don't like CG movies. I can never really connect to them. As a game playing teenager, I was enticed by the nostalgia of seeing some of the games from my youth rendered large. All I can say is what a missed opportunity. I thought there was going to be much more game hopping, and more characters featured. There is the whole history of computer gaming to draw from, and yet hardly any of them are featured. I suspect that they had licensing issues. The script wasn't funny and there was nothing in this film for an adult viewer. The main feature little more than a merchandising opportunity with some crass product placement only just about redeems itself in the last five minutes. It failed to have the emotional weight of the second film in the toy story franchise, or that one with the fish that proves you can be affected by the digital image. There was more feeling in the opening 2D short than there was in this entire movie. Probably worth the entrance fee for that alone. Schweet. Expand
  87. Feb 14, 2013
    Few movies deliver emotional notes on all levels. Even fewer accomplish that while delivering a story based on video game characters living in an arcade game machine. Wreck-It Ralph does all this while appealing to non-gamers and gamers alike. It's a good movie. Go watch it.
  88. Feb 13, 2013
    Oh oh Pixar...what's going on? While Brave is a bravura technical achievement, its conventional narrative made it felt pedestrian. Wreck-It Ralph ends up being the best animated film of the year. It's creative, fun and heart warming. And for a retro gamer like me, it's a great treat to see all the old game characters of arcade yore making their cameos. Great stuff!
  89. Feb 12, 2013
    When I saw the trailer for Wreck-It Ralph last year, it didn't excite me too much. Still, I thought I would give it a shot. I am long time gamer after-all. I didn't expect to watch a great nostalgic and heartfelt film. It is my favorite animated film since Toy Story 3.
  90. Feb 11, 2013
    As a self proclaimed gamer I thought the film was only ok. I went into this film expecting it to be centred around Ralph and his interaction with various video game characters that I grew up with. I wanted the film to feature all these characters prominently but it doesn't. The film basically becomes a film about a racing tournament involving no actual video game characters I wanted toAs a self proclaimed gamer I thought the film was only ok. I went into this film expecting it to be centred around Ralph and his interaction with various video game characters that I grew up with. I wanted the film to feature all these characters prominently but it doesn't. The film basically becomes a film about a racing tournament involving no actual video game characters I wanted to see. It would of been so much cooler if it was something along the lines of (Using this as an example) Bowser and Dr. Robotnik team up, capture Mario and Sonic, and these two villains try to take over all the games in the arcarde. Wreck it Ralps sees this oppurtunity to prove himself as a hero rather than the villain and tries to stop them, and save Mario and Sonic, with other villains being like henchmen or whatever. I was expecting a story something like this. I was very dissapointed Expand
  91. Feb 10, 2013
    A nostalgia trip for all gamers out there, although unfortunately, most of the cameos are from games that were popular in the 80s or arcade games (so I guess the target is for 40+ year olds?) however, younger parents, especially ones with little daughters, might find more enjoyment in this film than others. Lots of video-gaming in-jokes and some important moral lessons makes this a greatA nostalgia trip for all gamers out there, although unfortunately, most of the cameos are from games that were popular in the 80s or arcade games (so I guess the target is for 40+ year olds?) however, younger parents, especially ones with little daughters, might find more enjoyment in this film than others. Lots of video-gaming in-jokes and some important moral lessons makes this a great film. Not as funny as other animated childrens films and it's a pity that some of the video game character cameos weren't fleshed out more but still an awesome film. Expand
  92. Feb 10, 2013
    Inspired writing elevates this ingenious and delightful toon high above many of the more recent anaemic offerings. The visuals and design aspect of the animation is truly innovative. Eye poppingly imaginative in its colour and beauty and there are some great gags and one liners that will appeal to adults whilst the kids get caught up in the technical wizardry of the computer game worlds.Inspired writing elevates this ingenious and delightful toon high above many of the more recent anaemic offerings. The visuals and design aspect of the animation is truly innovative. Eye poppingly imaginative in its colour and beauty and there are some great gags and one liners that will appeal to adults whilst the kids get caught up in the technical wizardry of the computer game worlds. John C Reilly provides a perfect fit for the voice of Ralph and Jane Lynch matches him all the way as the take no prisoners Sgt Calhoun. It is also refreshing to have a surprise villain hijack the picture at the end. In most animated films the villains are usually obviously presented or signposted well in advance. Expand
  93. Feb 9, 2013
    A movie about a game usually means disaster but for once not. A film where adults (espeically gaming adults) and kids will both get a lot from the nostalgia, knowing in jokes and cameos to the great visuals. Traditional Disney story about an outsider who wants to be accepted fits well into the "win the game" theme. From makers of both Toy Story and The Simpsons this is a movie where youA movie about a game usually means disaster but for once not. A film where adults (espeically gaming adults) and kids will both get a lot from the nostalgia, knowing in jokes and cameos to the great visuals. Traditional Disney story about an outsider who wants to be accepted fits well into the "win the game" theme. From makers of both Toy Story and The Simpsons this is a movie where you won't want to hit "QUIT"! Expand
  94. Feb 9, 2013
    When I first saw a preview for this film, right away, I knew I wanted to see it. And I was not disappointed in the least. The acting with the characters was genuine because the VAs worked in the same room together as opposed to other animated films where each VA is in a different recording room. I enjoyed how the focus wasn't on mainstream video game characters and how they were only inWhen I first saw a preview for this film, right away, I knew I wanted to see it. And I was not disappointed in the least. The acting with the characters was genuine because the VAs worked in the same room together as opposed to other animated films where each VA is in a different recording room. I enjoyed how the focus wasn't on mainstream video game characters and how they were only in the film for a maximum of 5-10 minutes. That keeps the attention on the main characters without forcing pop-culture references. The worlds were beautifully well done, even the Fix-It Felix world which was only a penthouse and garbage dump in front of a black backdrop. I wanted to know what would happen to each of the main characters, and each of them received a very fitting ending. The twist at the end was barely predictable (at least for myself and the people I went to go see it with) and, as it is Disney, I was left crying at the appropriate moments. Even the soundtrack was wonderful, I purchased it shortly after seeing the film. This is a rare movie for me in the case that I put in money and effort to see it multiple times. I will definitely be buying the DVD once it comes out and I would recommend it to anyone who is a fan of Disney, video games or just a good story. Expand
  95. Feb 6, 2013
    This was a pleasant surprise. Didn't expect much because I always found Disney-produced CGI films somewhere between 'okay' and 'good'. Wreck-It Ralph blew me away with its story and lively setting. It was heartwarming and fun, a combination I look for in these types of movies. I want to see this again.
  96. Feb 6, 2013
    After a stomping success in the States, this witty retro gaming homage is the first bow in the Disney Animation Studios’ arrow to be as ardent and artistically ballsy as the work from those neighboring Pixar bigwigs.

Read the full review here:
  97. Feb 5, 2013
    Wreck It-Ralph is one of the best animated movies I have seen, the movie is heartwarming. The story is about Ralph who is on a journey of self discovery. It's a beautiful movie with meaning and a strong message that really makes you think about the importance of being able to accept yourself, who you are and what you do.
  98. Feb 3, 2013
    Wreck-It-Ralph is hilarious, smart, heartwarming, and manages to bring you into a fantastic world. It features great voice acting and clever jokes for all ages. I give this film 96%.
  99. Jan 30, 2013
    I wanted to love Wreck-It Ralph, and while I do liked it a lot, there's certain missed opportunities. The movie starts great, it seamlessly introduces the concept in a very easy and interesting format. I couldn't just but giggle with joy through the first part trying to find as many video-game cameos as I could. There's just something special about seeing characters you know and love onI wanted to love Wreck-It Ralph, and while I do liked it a lot, there's certain missed opportunities. The movie starts great, it seamlessly introduces the concept in a very easy and interesting format. I couldn't just but giggle with joy through the first part trying to find as many video-game cameos as I could. There's just something special about seeing characters you know and love on the big screen. The problem is that it eventually stops. The movie starts venturing into its own territory and it never looks back. For one, I am glad the movie doesn't just rely on cameos to win people over, but when there are so many possibilities and so many chances it is also hard to conceive that after 20 minutes or so of the movie; Ralph stays the rest of the film in only one video-game space, Sugar Rush. I expected, and I think everybody expected that Ralph would have taken the opportunity into wider conceptions. That out of the way, there's no deny that the movie has heart, and a lot of it. The chemistry between Ralph and Vanellope is unquestionable and makes for a very understandable and unique couple of characters. Its funny, its visually attractive, and has at it's heart a great story. Ralph makes up for the best animated movie of 2012. Expand
  100. Jan 25, 2013
    I haven't savoured any animated movies for a while, and I wasn't sure if it was because I was growing up or if they were actually getting worse. Then came this movie, the best animated movie I've seen in a long time. Thanks to some nifty world-building, I fell in love with the video game universe and got nostalgic when watching the video game action scenes, especially those set in SugarI haven't savoured any animated movies for a while, and I wasn't sure if it was because I was growing up or if they were actually getting worse. Then came this movie, the best animated movie I've seen in a long time. Thanks to some nifty world-building, I fell in love with the video game universe and got nostalgic when watching the video game action scenes, especially those set in Sugar Rush. Sarah Silverman's vocal performance as Vanellope von Schweetz stands as one of the movie's greatest highlights, and the animation and 3D are enticing and colourful. The script and characters are just as smart as some of Pixar's greatest movies, and had they released Wreck-it-Ralph instead of Brave last year, I would've gone as far to say that they made a full recovery from Cars 2. They didn't unfortunately, but Wreck-it-Ralph still emerges as the Toy Story of a new generation and I'd love to see how it'll play out as a franchise. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Feb 9, 2013
    For me, it never came to life.
  2. Reviewed by: Simon Crook
    Feb 4, 2013
    A "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" for the joystick generation that, despite a mid-act dip into generic Disney territory, high-scores on laughs, invention and 8-bit affection.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Kelly
    Jan 21, 2013
    A Disney flick that feels like on-form Pixar, blending knowing humour and sophistication with a large helping of heart. You'll want another go.