8.4

1. May 23, 2014
    This is the best X-Men movie so far, the story is great, the cast is incredible, the action scenes are amazing. This movie exceeded my expectations and I'm sure it will surprise you from the beginning to the end... and, I have a new favorite movie now...
  2. May 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am not all that familiar with X-Men, but this movie was AWESOME! I really liked the time element to it and the best part of the movie is when young Xavier meets old Xavier through Wolverine's head. The action was great, the ending had sort of an Inception feel to it, with multiple climaxes going on at once. My only gripe was that they tried to tie in the Kennedy assassination and the Cuban Missile Crisis into X-Men lore. I found that to be a little cheesy. The sentinels were awesome to watch, and the movie is polished, fun, and entertaining. 9/10 Expand
  3. May 24, 2014
    Marvel, man. They have been on a roll! They are pumping out movies nonstop, and in return, money is raining on their heads. Heck, they're now the highest grossing movie franchise EVER now! However, all this doesn't mean that they rush their movies, nor do they act like they just want money for their movies. They put such care and attention into their films for all their devoted fans.Marvel, man. They have been on a roll! They are pumping out movies nonstop, and in return, money is raining on their heads. Heck, they're now the highest grossing movie franchise EVER now! However, all this doesn't mean that they rush their movies, nor do they act like they just want money for their movies. They put such care and attention into their films for all their devoted fans. Guess what? X-Men Days of Future Past is just like the other Marvel films in terms of quality, if not better! At the core of every Marvel movie, their true genre is action. One-on-one fight scenes with hero and villain, countless numbers of structures falling down, explosions (not to a Michael Bay degree though), it's awesome action. So of course, DoFP has amazing action with all the X-Men. I loved seeing their mutant powers come to life and then watching in awe as they kicked ass. Speaking of the characters and their powers, all of them are truly brought to life. While the acting is nothing revolutionary, everybody still does a fine job. I especially liked Michael Fassbender's performance as Magneto. He really acts like a menace sometimes (which he will do more than often in the movie), and there's not a better pick for a character that's supposed to be cruel than him. The title of the movie gives you some hints about the storyline, right? Well, what happens is that the world is getting eaten up by the Sentinels, and they are still trying to kill every mutant they can find. The X-Men soon figure out someone must go into the past with Kitty's powers to change what happened. I will not lie, you will have to pay attention most of the time. It wasn't a problem for me, though. While it's not the most original Marvel storyline you've ever heard, it's still interesting enough to keep you entertained. In terms of flaws, I really couldn't detect any. Does that mean it's a 10 out of 10 masterpiece (12 Years a Slave is considered that score imo)? No. Yet still, DoFP is still gonna be one of best Marvel movies you've seen. All these positives really add up into being a great time at the movies. It's worth it. GO SEE IT! Expand
  4. May 26, 2014
    Uh 10 out of 10. I loved it so much. Would see again. But not immediately. As the theatre manager got mad at me for **** on this girl's chest when she said she didn't like Wolverine's bare ass.
  5. May 24, 2014
    Brilliant. The masterpiece of the X-Men saga. Clever, funny and captivating. A message to Disney: Be inspired by that movie for the next movies... REALLY. Only one negative point: the absence of Anna Paquin.
  6. Oct 3, 2014
    Fantastic film, I really enjoyed First Class and was eager to see the sequel as soon as it ended. I'm not a huge X-Men fan, and haven't really followed it that much in terms of comics and its previous films. I have seen X-men 1, 2 and 3. But I haven't seen the Wolverine films.

Days of Future Past is very entertaining throughout the entire film, very well done and enjoyable. Although the storyline isn't complex the action is where the heart of the film is, and I enjoyed every second of the film.
  7. Jun 23, 2014
    The best superhero movie I've seen; a true masterwork. This is one of the best movies I've ever seen. It is incredibly well written, and acted. The ideas are fascinating and thought provoking. It is, believe it or not, a rather deep movie. It is one of the few 'deep' movies to give a very positive and truly constructive message, but in a way that is believable and heartfelt.
  8. Nov 26, 2014
    By far the most compelling entry in the X-Men movie series so far. The focus is less on action and focuses more on the plot and characters. I have to say it's nice to see some X-Men other than Wolverine get some time in the spotlight. There's a grand spectacle to it all and plenty of dazzling special effects.

It tries to straighten out some of the wrinkles in the series convoluted

It tries to straighten out some of the wrinkles in the series convoluted timeline. In some ways it succeeds, but it the end it just adds a few more to keep things confusing when trying to see the big picture this movie universe has tied together. There are also some unanswered questions that are way too big to ignore, but the movie does it anyway. We are never told how Magneto got his powers back or how the heck Charles Xavier is even alive. They are some big flaws with the story of this movie, and the X-Men movie universe as a whole. However I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the movie anyway.

I guess by now I learned to accept the movies take on the fiction is flawed, and that the only way to fix it would be to reboot the series on the big screen. The writers try to set things right without a reboot, but instead all they do is chalk it up to time travel and ignore some glaring questions. Oh well, we just have to accept it.

However with this movie being so darn good, and the promise of excellent things on the horizon (stay until the end of the credits), it's not hard to do that. It's an awesome movie that does things no other superhero movie has tried yet, and the future of the X-Men movies has never looked brighter. I highly recommend it to all comic book fans.
  9. Oct 4, 2014
    I would have given a 11 for this, but since the score goes up to 10, that's what I went with. I ony can describe this film in one word: Terrific. I was never really a huge X-Men fan, but because the acting, story and pacing were all well done, it might make me watch the ones that I haven't watched, then re-watch the whole series ready for Apocalypse in 2016.
  10. May 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Marvel is really on top of their film game, with a great Captain America, a decent Spiderman, and now a truly excellent X-Men, all in the same few months. And if you think about it, they are veritably ruling the film world. Look at the ensemble of actors in this movie. Where other than a Robert Altman movie are you going to find a cast of people together like Ian McKellan, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Ellen Page - the list goes on and on. What's more remarkable is that this cast works deftly together in a film that could have been a sloppy disaster. Time-travel movies when done right are some of the most intriguing movies ever - but if done wrong, they are excruciating. Luckily, Days of Future Past gets it all right, and the only drawback is all the expository, supporting dialogue the audience must therefore endure along the way in order to understand it. The bad guys in this movie are truly bad. If the Sentinels show up, they are going to kill you, and this is established right away in one of the most exciting superhero/villain fight scenes in any comic book movie to date. Seeing Colossus become full metal at the same time Sunspot flames on at the same time Iceman (finally) goes and stays full Iceman - a very cool moment. Unfortunately even these powerhouses are no match for the Sentinels. The only option is for newly-introduced (but now regular X-Man) Blink to keep them moving around until Shadowcat (with a future developed time/spirit manipulation power) can send newly-introduced Bishop just far enough into the past to warn the team that the Sentinels are approaching - so they can not be there when the Sents arrive. This is layer one. Layer two then is this first group combining efforts with the other group (Storm, Wolverine, Prof. X, Magneto) to send someone way back in time to before the Sentinels were even created. This task falls to Wolverine and off he goes into the second layer (the 1970s, pre-Sentinels) in an effort to stop Mystique from.... wow. The more I write the more I realize how convoluted this plot is. It's like trying to explain to a non-viewer what's going on in Game of Thrones. Pretty soon you just throw your hands up and say, "You know what? Just watch it!" And so that's what I'll do. What works in this film is the excellent acting, the dark plot, the nearly-full roster of Superheroes, and the best scene in an X-Men movie since Nightcrawler's debut in X2 (hint: Quicksilver, and anyone dealing with a Quicksilver or Flash-type character in the future must now contend with this scene setting a certain bar for excellence). There are a few disappointments. Anna Paquin will show up as Rogue for a second at the end, and I understand her deleted scene(s) will make it onto a DVD/Bluray version. But for this primary showing, she's notably and confusingly completely absent. The action scenes in this movie range from the terrifying Sentinel attacks to the now-typical "huge Magneto scene" - this time with him moving an entire sports stadium, to a lot of smaller scenes spread throughout - and they all work. The special effects are fantastic and nothing feels gratuitous (except when they are going for 100% gratuitous, as in the Quicksilver scene). The story holds together and the dialogue, while mostly expository, is good. It's my personal favorite of the series so far (you might be surprised to know that The Last Stand was my favorite until now - typically the one everyone hates - but I'm a sucker for new heroes and villains showing up, and X3 brought a lot of new faces into the series - even if Juggernaut was a huge letdown - the Phoenix climax was epic). Days of Future Past ups the ante on everything and makes me hungry for the next installment. I think they're being smart with this series - phasing some actors out and others in - because this bodes well for this being a series with a real lifespan well beyond where we're at now. If you're new to the series, by all means don't start with this one. Start at the beginning. But if you're already an X-Fan, you're most likely going to love this movie. Expand
  11. May 25, 2014
    Terrific movie. One of the best superhero movies I've seen. The cast was excellent and the story was good. That acting was terrific and it has one of my favorite scenes in a superhero movie. I know why they changed the story to suit Wolverines needs as the "main character" for the X-men movies but I would have liked to see them keep the old DoFP storyline intact. However, this movie didTerrific movie. One of the best superhero movies I've seen. The cast was excellent and the story was good. That acting was terrific and it has one of my favorite scenes in a superhero movie. I know why they changed the story to suit Wolverines needs as the "main character" for the X-men movies but I would have liked to see them keep the old DoFP storyline intact. However, this movie did make up for the change in story pretty well and I give them credit for what they did. This is easily the best X-men movie they've made and probably the best superhero movie I've ever seen. Can't recommend it enough. Expand
  12. May 27, 2014
    Even better than its already impressive predecessor, Days of Future Past is definitely Singer in top form - whether its the deft handling of the ensemble cast, sleek visuals or inherently humane story. Definitely the most fun I've had at the movies in a long, long time.
  13. Jun 22, 2014
    X-Men: Days of Future Past is the best X-Men movie ever. It's big, original and has purpose. It clears the past mistakes of the franchise by promising us a brighter future. The broad cast is as good as they've always been. Unlike, this year's Godzilla, marketing of this movie promised a great movie and it matched its expectations.
  14. Oct 20, 2014
    This movie was made out of pure excellence. The movie is by far one of the best x-men movies in the franchise. Bryan really did an amazing job with this movie. The acting is really great but my one complaint is that Ian McKellen didn't get much too say in this movie, just a few sentences. However looking past that I don't see more mistakes with it. I am probably gonna re-watch this movieThis movie was made out of pure excellence. The movie is by far one of the best x-men movies in the franchise. Bryan really did an amazing job with this movie. The acting is really great but my one complaint is that Ian McKellen didn't get much too say in this movie, just a few sentences. However looking past that I don't see more mistakes with it. I am probably gonna re-watch this movie again soon. I recommend this movie to anyone even if your not a huge X-men fan. Expand
  15. Jun 4, 2014
    great movie with fantastic plot and innovation of storytelling, also the act of Jennifer Jackman and James are amazing, and the graphic is much better than previous, awesome Marvel movie.
  16. Jun 6, 2014
    I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a big fan of the X-Men series. This film though is an exception. It has an incredible cast of actors, from up-and-comers like Omar Sy and James McAvoy to veterans like Patrick Stewart or Sir Ian McKellen. The film also a great balance between political intrigue and fun superhero action. That is why I believe this is not only the best superhero film ofI'll be the first to admit, I'm not a big fan of the X-Men series. This film though is an exception. It has an incredible cast of actors, from up-and-comers like Omar Sy and James McAvoy to veterans like Patrick Stewart or Sir Ian McKellen. The film also a great balance between political intrigue and fun superhero action. That is why I believe this is not only the best superhero film of all time, but also one of the best political thrillers of all time. I give Days Of Future Past a 9 out of 10 stars. Expand
  17. Oct 19, 2014
    X-Men: Days of Future Past is the best X-Men movie to date, and it totally broke my expectations!

This new X-Men movie is so incredible, there’s so much unique and awesome things that blew my mind of when I saw this film. The return of Brian Singer to the X-Men franchise totally is the reason why this movie is so great, which means that The Last Stand could have been great if he had direct it. Days of Future Past is one heck of a movie, and I never got bored because it’s so damn well made and entertaining! The opening scene is incredible, and both the CGI and the actors are all superb.

X-Men: Days of Future Past is the best sci-fi movie of the year (to date), and one important aspect is the awesome soundtrack from John Ottman, truly a wonderful soundtrack! The best thing is of course the story, they are changing the past for a better future, and the result of that is so great, because we don’t know how much have changed after the events in DoFP! That’s why I can’t wait until the next X-Men film! There are some downsides like vague CGI at some places, and it got a bit confusing with the time travel, but it’s still an awesome movie!

This is one of the best films of 2014!

X-Men: Days of Future Past get a 9/10
  18. Jun 7, 2014
    I am an avid watcher of all the X-Men films. I grew up watching the first three and my love for them has retained through to my twenties. Without being too verbose, the film has a stunning cast who deliver with every scene. I enjoyed the story immensely; from the dialogue to the gripping action scenes. Definitely my favourite film in the franchise. I've seen it three times in the cinemaI am an avid watcher of all the X-Men films. I grew up watching the first three and my love for them has retained through to my twenties. Without being too verbose, the film has a stunning cast who deliver with every scene. I enjoyed the story immensely; from the dialogue to the gripping action scenes. Definitely my favourite film in the franchise. I've seen it three times in the cinema and have no doubt I'll see it a fourth! A wonderful, exhilarating watch. Go and see it! Now! Expand
  19. Jun 1, 2014
    Easily surpasses First Class and several of the other X-Men sequels and spinoffs to become one of the best entries yet! The whole cast from both the past and the present settings all gather together and no one disappoints to say the least. The action is better than ever and the story is engaging. The only thing I was a little bit lost on was the post-credits scene. Overall, I couldn't haveEasily surpasses First Class and several of the other X-Men sequels and spinoffs to become one of the best entries yet! The whole cast from both the past and the present settings all gather together and no one disappoints to say the least. The action is better than ever and the story is engaging. The only thing I was a little bit lost on was the post-credits scene. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better X-Men movie! Expand
  20. May 28, 2014
    Eventhough there's a bit poor and unsatisfactory on its visual effects, but with a fascinating concept. a success of combining part of previous X-Men's franchise and long list of star, X-Men : Days of Future Past easily becomes one of the best film in 2014 so far (but not the best).
  21. May 31, 2014
    Days of Future Past is excellent. Yes, you can have those issues important things that fail to explain, but it's a very good film, how good are the settings, situations, psychology of the characters, that entertains you and leaves you amazed. It is a very entertaining movie, for me is a little better than First Class ... This film is the best so far of Superheroes in the remainder of theDays of Future Past is excellent. Yes, you can have those issues important things that fail to explain, but it's a very good film, how good are the settings, situations, psychology of the characters, that entertains you and leaves you amazed. It is a very entertaining movie, for me is a little better than First Class ... This film is the best so far of Superheroes in the remainder of the year, yes, it's even better than Captain America 2.
    You will enjoy the same as me, only if you were the previous films, but may not understand a ****
    My rating: 9.5/10
  22. May 30, 2014
    --If you liked this review, please read my other ones and mark this review as helpful--

As with The Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men Days of Future Past is a turning point for the franchise. Make it or break it, go big or go home. Fox is heavily investing in this film to launch a number of spin-offs and sequels. This film is certainly ambitious: it's trying to fix all the continuity errors off the previous films, trying to bring back fans, and trying to make a bigger box office than the previous movies. Does it suceed?

Online, some have commented that the rights to the X-Men should go back to Marvel. After X-Men 3: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, many have lost faith in the franchise and the box office hasn't really improved, unfortunately. However, this movie redeems everyone and everything involved.

The director, Bryan Singer, manages to balance pretty well two large super-powered casts of mutants from two different time periods. Most of the characters get their moments and their share of screen time. Sure, characters like Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Iceman, Bishop, Colossus, Quicksilver, Blink, Sunspot, Storm, Warpath, Havok, Toad and Ink (those last two names and their characters are funny) don't get more than a few lines, have only a few minutes of screen time, and often have to share the spotlight. However, they each have a purpose, however minimal it may be. Quicksilver is a great, funny, and entertaining character. His one action sequence was awesome, and I can't wait to see him return in X-Men Apocalypse. (Looks like DC's Flash and Disney's MCU Quicksilver have some competition!)

Some of these--admittedly underused--characters have scenes that reportedly will be on the DVD version, others have signed multiple-picture deals or will appear in later movies. So this won't be the last we'll see of them.

Some say Wolverine is in the X-Men movies too much. But the thing is he is the most recognizable, familiar, well-known, and arguably liked mutant of all the X-Men. In this movie, he isn't really the protagonist. Sure, he's the one that goes back in time. But here he gives the reins to a younger Charles Xavier, Magneto, and Mystique. In DOFP, Wolverine is more wiser, a mentor to his own mentor from the past. James McAvoy does a great job of making Professor X more relatable as a person. In the original trilogy, he was a bit unreachable. He was always the one with the answers and the steady hands. Here, he has lost almost everything and is at a low point in his life. That makes him a more relatable character. Magneto is as menacing and misguided as always, and Michael Fassbender does a great job. J.Law as Mystique--I honestly feel she needed a bit more emotion. No offense Jennifer Lawrence. (Maybe playing Katniss Everdeen too much has affected her? Mostly though she did fine.)

Bolivar Trask is a morally grey character. He isn't a cardboard cutout villain, he's doing what he believes is necessary. He's a nice antagonist, and Peter Dinklage proves that height and size don't really matter when playing a role. Acting does. The Sentinels--I have mixed feelings about them. I guess the design could've been better. They weren't horrible in my opinion, but they weren't really good either. They were OK.

The plot is a complex one. Not really confusing, just complex. It's a story of misunderstandings, hatred, and vengeance. But it's also one of forgiveness, team-work, and hope against seemingly insurmountable odds. It isn't your average superhero movie story.

In my honest opinion, this is as good a team-up as The Avengers, if not better. The entire cast is great. The story is compelling and engaging. The CGI and special effects were great, even better than those displayed in the initial trailers and TV spots. I hope this does financially well, because 20th Century Fox and the X-Men deserve a break! I cannot wait for X-Men Apocalypse!
  23. Sep 14, 2014
    X-Men: Days of Future Past is a terrific example of how a superhero movie SHOULD be made. From its terrific dialogue to its amazingly charismatic cast members, DOFP is one of the very best comic book movies ever created.
  24. May 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Full review @ http://www.idiotbox.co.uk/x-men-days-of-future-past-review-60051/

There has always been a theme of genocide and persecution that has run through the X-Men series but it has always been quite subtle and only ever really spoken about when Magneto goes on one of his rants about humanity. Days of Future Past is very different and does not have time for subtlety, as soon as the movie kicks off you are shown an incredibly dystopian future where mutants and the humans who dared to help them are herded up and executed by the dozen and the X-Men themselves have been reduced to nothing more that freedom fighters with no real hope of survival. It’s very dark and some of the scenes look like something that wouldn’t be out of place in Terminator Franchise, it’s certainly not something you would expect from the X-Men.

With the fact that they are fighting a force that they have no hope of possibly defeating they decide that the only option is to send someone’s consciousness back in time to the 70′s to stop the Sentinel program from ever being created, the only one who would survive such a journey is Wolverine so that’s exactly what happens. The plot of DOFP is set just over 10 years after the events of First Class. The Vietnam war is in full effect but drawing to a close, Magneto is locked away in a bunker for a pretty serious crime, and Charles Xavier has become a recluse and hides away in his mansion with Hank McCoy. Xavier is now a broken man and it’s a real testament to James McAvoy’s acting that you feel his pain and even though you know that he needs to man up and get on with it you understand why he feels that he can’t.

The mutant roster is largely based around the mutants we already know from the previous movies in the series but there are some new ones thrown into the mix as well. Most of the new additions are from the future (present?) and the scenes of them fighting off the Sentinels are some of the best action scenes of the entire series in terms of scope as you get to see them all using their powers as a team to try and prolong their lives a little while longer, these scenes are badass, there is no other work to suitably describe them. The only new mutant that we are really introduced to in the past is Quicksilver (played by Evan Peters), he is single-handed responsible for one of the highlights of humour through the entire movie. His mutation is that he can move at super-speeds and normally, you would just see him running as a blur but there is one particular scene where you get to see everything at his pace and it is pure genius!

Thankfully the writers seem to have listened to the feedback of X-Men fans and they have looked at the issues that were lingering in the series and they have addressed almost every single one of them! This is something I was not expecting to see and it is something I am very grateful for indeed. The time-travelling aspect of the movie kind of renders most of what has happened in X-Men 1, 2, and 3 kind of obsolete and it is left somewhat unclear as to what has or hasn’t happened in the current time-line. This isn’t a bad thing at all and if anything it sets up a nice blank canvas for the next movie.

Verdict:

Days of Future Past is, hands down, the best movie in the X-Men series to date. Including both the cast of the original movies and First Class was of course risky because it means there is a lot of different people to keep track of, both familiar and new. This decision is definitely one that has paid off as you are left with a movie that has a story to tell and tell it well is does!! Also seeing both the old and new Xavier face-to-face is definitely something special.

P.S. Make sure you stay until the very end of the credits!
  25. May 26, 2014
    This is the best X-men movie till now, it takes a great and entertaining turn, with an interesting mind blender plot, that will make you be at the edge of your seat until the movie finishes.
  26. May 25, 2014
    The Best X-MEN Movie !!!
    The action scenes are epic and memorable. With great performances, Incredible special effects and a Spectacular script !!!
    X-men is the best marvel movie forever!
  27. Jun 20, 2014
    this movie has great story great cast and great action everthing is right with the movie so i will wait to see it in blu-ray 1080p cant w8 D x-men day of future past
  28. May 28, 2014
    Yes, the best X-men movie yet. Everything about this movie was great. I saw it in a sold out theater so I had to sit really close to the screen but I still really enjoyed it. The action scenes were amazing with some great special effects. The storyline was also great it got confusing near the very end which is awesome leading into the next movie. The finale scene of the movie and the afterYes, the best X-men movie yet. Everything about this movie was great. I saw it in a sold out theater so I had to sit really close to the screen but I still really enjoyed it. The action scenes were amazing with some great special effects. The storyline was also great it got confusing near the very end which is awesome leading into the next movie. The finale scene of the movie and the after credit scene were both really good and it makes me excited and happy for the next X-men movie in the great franchise. Expand
  29. May 31, 2014
    The movie is incredibly sexy especially with Hugh Jackman and Jeniffer Lawrence showing off their bodies in ways kids wouldn't understand. If you think about the plot... Don't even start thinking about it. It's mindblowing since it used the element of time. The movie has a good mix of drama and action, just what I would expect from Bryan Singer, the director of the Xmen movies. For MarvelThe movie is incredibly sexy especially with Hugh Jackman and Jeniffer Lawrence showing off their bodies in ways kids wouldn't understand. If you think about the plot... Don't even start thinking about it. It's mindblowing since it used the element of time. The movie has a good mix of drama and action, just what I would expect from Bryan Singer, the director of the Xmen movies. For Marvel fans out there this movie is a ****
    Overall, it was a great movie for everyone especially the kiddies who enjoy action (just guide them correctly when they start seeing fleshy bodies).
  30. May 31, 2014
    I want to say before I write this review that I loved X-Men First Class and I enjoyed X-Men the Last Stand, so this movie is something I've been hyped for, since it was announced.

As a movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a great X-Men movie. However, I did not like the continuity in this movie as opposed to other movies, which is why I gave it a 9 out of 10. Also, I felt that the Quicksilver scene was a bit unnecessary. Ultimately, even though there are not as many action scenes as I would have though, the story was amazing. I also love James McAvoy as Professor X. I think he does it pretty well. I'm excited for the new movie.
  31. May 27, 2014
    It was a great film, the story line was a little confusing towards the end in my opinion, but overall a really good film, the action scenes were top notch, and they couldn't of been any better. i did feel they left some things unexplained, (once again in my opinion). if they explained things a bit more then it would of gotten a 10 from me, but overall still a really good film, go and see it.
  32. May 25, 2014
    This X-men movie is the best in the franchise, and I can't wait to see the next installment! The characters are many, and so nice and well written, the story is engrossing and complex, the special effects are gorgeous, especially some of the future X-men powers, and the ending is awesome!

In my opinion, it is the best Marvel movie so far, closely followed by the latest Captain America. Bryan Singer really gets how to make a great X-men movie that stays true to the characters. It's really a hell of a ride. You should watch it!
  33. May 26, 2014
    This is the best X-Men movie. Great history to reboot the franchise. Amazing Action Scenes, great history.... great characters. My favorite X-Men movie ever.
  34. May 26, 2014
    DoFP was an amazing movie. It will definitely be put down as one of the best super hero movies. By far better than all other X-Men movies including First Class. This movie is a must see in theatres. But, I recommend catching up on past X-Men movies if you haven't or else the plot could be confusing. DoFP was exciting, funny at the right moments, and had the right amount of action all superDoFP was an amazing movie. It will definitely be put down as one of the best super hero movies. By far better than all other X-Men movies including First Class. This movie is a must see in theatres. But, I recommend catching up on past X-Men movies if you haven't or else the plot could be confusing. DoFP was exciting, funny at the right moments, and had the right amount of action all super hero movies should have. Go see it in theatres before it's to late! I know I'm going back! Expand
  35. May 26, 2014
    By far the best X-Men movie with smart plot, genius story lines to tie up loose ends! Love, love, love it! And of course, Mystic, was AMAZING! Biting my nails and covering my eyes with suspenseful thrill! Fun, fun!
  36. May 27, 2014
    A rich movie that was astonishing and exciting almost every second, the diversity of characters and actors were gladly received. i love how this movie closes discrepancies between the previous movies and at the time is like an spin off. Great dialogue, but im not giving a 10 because where a movie shines its not if it had the best cgi or effects, but in the plot, the history twist very badA rich movie that was astonishing and exciting almost every second, the diversity of characters and actors were gladly received. i love how this movie closes discrepancies between the previous movies and at the time is like an spin off. Great dialogue, but im not giving a 10 because where a movie shines its not if it had the best cgi or effects, but in the plot, the history twist very bad and may seem confuse at first, but don't get me wrong i'll go to watch it again. Expand
  37. May 27, 2014
    Just went to see this on Friday and I have to say this is by far the best X-men movie made so far. Despite there are some loopholes in the storyline, like changing the past will change the future, you actually feel a sign of relief and grief at then end. Acting are perfect for most of the characters though minor characters need to be shaped up a bit. Both the old and young Magneto andJust went to see this on Friday and I have to say this is by far the best X-men movie made so far. Despite there are some loopholes in the storyline, like changing the past will change the future, you actually feel a sign of relief and grief at then end. Acting are perfect for most of the characters though minor characters need to be shaped up a bit. Both the old and young Magneto and Xavier did awesome job. Overall, definitely recommend this over Cap. America or Spider-man Expand
  38. May 28, 2014
    An amazing move for fans of the series! Combines the X-Men we all love with a cool time traveling twist! I also loved all the little Easter eggs they put into the movie for fans of the comics! A must see movie!
  39. May 28, 2014
    This X-Men movie took the elements of all the past movies, failures and successes, and delivered a truly enjoyable experience. While some parts of the movie were a tad repetitive I still enjoyed the movie very much. We finally were able to see all of the characters actually use their powers! Not filled with so much dialogue, but an even balance of action and story. Go see this movie ifThis X-Men movie took the elements of all the past movies, failures and successes, and delivered a truly enjoyable experience. While some parts of the movie were a tad repetitive I still enjoyed the movie very much. We finally were able to see all of the characters actually use their powers! Not filled with so much dialogue, but an even balance of action and story. Go see this movie if you're an action film lover... Expand
  40. May 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. see here the best of them all this one is the most epic movie throughout the series download the movie from here http://goo.gl/nd32l4.
    I also have one question if professor x died in the sequel how is he reincarnated ??
  41. Jun 3, 2014
    Metascore shows 84, you have got to be kidding me! This movie made over 90 million opening weekend. The plot - awesome, acting - awesome, special effects - awesome. In the words of Jeremy Johns (not sure about spelling) AWESOMETACULAR!
  42. Jun 5, 2014
    Esse filme simplesmente superou qualquer expectativa, foi muito mais do que o imaginado, simplesmente épico. Vejo uma trama totalmente mais envolvente do que a feita em "Os Vingadores", da rival Disney. Estava muito preocupado com essa produção e fiquei mais ainda quando foi anunciado o próximo filme "Apocalipse", porem já estou tranquilizado e estou ansioso para o ano de 2016 (além doEsse filme simplesmente superou qualquer expectativa, foi muito mais do que o imaginado, simplesmente épico. Vejo uma trama totalmente mais envolvente do que a feita em "Os Vingadores", da rival Disney. Estava muito preocupado com essa produção e fiquei mais ainda quando foi anunciado o próximo filme "Apocalipse", porem já estou tranquilizado e estou ansioso para o ano de 2016 (além do novo filme dos x-men, terá grandes outros de super-heróis que iram estrear, como "Batman x Superman: Down of Justice", "Captain American 3" e outros mais!

Resumindo: O melhor filme já feito baseado em super-heróis de HQ's, renovador e totalmente épico, mas deveria ter mais hora para recolocar os furos dos filmes passados.
  43. Jun 7, 2014
    I enjoyed this one just as much as X-Men: First Class. If you liked the first one, you won't be disappointed. All around great writing, directing, and acting.
  44. Jun 20, 2014
    I really liked this film. The plot got me infested. I was into the characters. Wolverine was a great and had some awesome lines and fights. The Professor X older character was good I guess. The same can't be said for his younger self. He looks like one people who drives on he road for years and never cuts his hair. And I thought it's weird he has long hair in the past. Peter Dinklege wasI really liked this film. The plot got me infested. I was into the characters. Wolverine was a great and had some awesome lines and fights. The Professor X older character was good I guess. The same can't be said for his younger self. He looks like one people who drives on he road for years and never cuts his hair. And I thought it's weird he has long hair in the past. Peter Dinklege was the best actor in the movie with him fitting the role nicely. The final fight was epic without spoiling it, I'll say it's awesome. Mystique was a good character for the first half, been the creative with her disguises and development. 2nd half she was a little lacking she was a little annoying as well but not enough to make her bad. The visual effects are so realistic. I honestly thought the moment with Wolverine time travel the effects were good there. Seeing this movie in Real 3D was interesting the 3D effects weren't milked like in Gravity or The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I went in to this movie excited which is strange for me sine I've never watched a X-Men movie (and I will watch them all soon) I was so surprised to that this movie win me over is great. I really loved this movie and if I would I would watch it again in theaters. I recommend this to any fan of X-Men. Expand
  45. Jun 22, 2014
    One of the best movies in the genre released this year. Possibly, one of the best in the series. This movie will not disappoint people who loves suspense, a great story line, and to have a whole lot of fun and enjoyment. Bryan Singer has done an amazing work in directing again, combining the action, the story, and the mix of emotions very effectively.

For people criticizing the elements

For people criticizing the elements of the film such as not having enough action, no recap or story-telling of past events, and some characters such as wolverine not having enough "importance" in the story, you need to consider trying to change your perspective and how you look at the movie. Singer has tried to go back to comic style story telling. No recap of the origin and past events, unless the audience have watched the previous movies. Although, the movie is still greatly enjoyable and the stories can still be put together even though previous parts haven't been watched. That makes X-Men: Days of Future past have great originality and has been a great fluid addition to the story. The story also adds great originality. This has been the first X-Men movie in the series to add the element of time travel.

The acting is very well polished and greatly executed by excellent actors such as Jennifer Lawrence, Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, and Ian McKellen. Since the story is focused on going back in time, the movie will be focused more on the "past" selves of the characters. Everyone has an important role in this movie. If someone was missing, it won't probably be this good.

The amount of "fighting" that occurs can't really tell if a movie will be good. The focus of this movie is to stop a scientist from being killed, and a whole lot of suspense has been used to make the audience wonder of what the heroes would do, and what choices they would make. Singer focuses more on the story than the action in this movie.

Overall, X-Men: Days of Future Past has been a great addition to the series and every element of this movie has been greatly polished. The acting is marvelous, the visuals were perfect, and the story was pulling everyone in. All the expectations have been met.
  46. Jul 1, 2014
    Of all the X-Men movies this was by far the best. It does so well to bring a bridge between the X-Men trilogy and First Class that it seems almost as if the two are all one and the same (If that makes sense). It delivers all the things you can come to expect from an X-Men movie and it executes those moments nearly perfectly.

The downsides are major but forgivable. For one thing, there

The downsides are major but forgivable. For one thing, there is some chronological overlapping within this and Origins, but that's probably to forget that that movie ever existed. So yeah, there are inconsistencies and plot holes but what are you going to do about it?

The film is overall well rounded and worthy of being part of the cinematic X-Men pantheon.
  47. Jul 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Michael fassbender(magneto)...james mcavoy (professor) gives the emotional TOUCH...wolverine(hugh jackman) balances The story...mystique(jennifer lawrence) Keeps the story moving...Quicksilver PRISON BREAK 1 OF THE BEST SCENE IN THE MOVIE(THE MOST TALKED)....other mutants impress us with their HEROIC fights...1st half is full of fights n action...2nd half drama...music n vfx is big plus.... worth the check...Best x-men part so far.. SATISFIED very much... must watch movie for x-men fans.. DIR.Bryan Singer Had done a great job..he has lead x-men to a new dimension...erasing the previous parts n its flaws making this franchise nearly flawless.....as the events are changed(the past)....and bryan made the audience Lead to high expectations fr X-MEN:APOCALYPSE..will he deliver???? Expand
  48. R18
    Jul 13, 2014
    X-Men: Days Of Future Past is vibrant and entertaining movie, The effects are incredible and X-Men: Days Of Future Past has found the right balance, i'm excited for X-Men: Apocalypse (2016).
  49. Jul 15, 2014
    My favorite films of this summer so far. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and, X-Men: Days of Future Past, and lets see if Guardians of the Galaxy is gonna be a good movie, i'm excited to see Guardians of the Galaxy this August.
  50. Jul 16, 2014
    This movie and X-Men 2 are my my favorite movies Its better then X-Men 3, this movie was AWESOME!! SUPERB!! , the story and great acting easily the best X-Men film since X2.
  51. Jul 17, 2014
    Movie of this year, Interstellar . Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Guardians of the Galaxy. X-Men: Days of Future Past, Cant wait for Apocalypse. the cast is incredible in X-Men: Days of Future Past
  52. Sep 18, 2014
    Marvel appears to be at the top of their game after another installment of the X-Men series. This film may not only be the best of the series but perhaps the best Marvel film to date. Bryan Singer did a tremendous job returning to the series and manages to send the viewer back in forth to different time frames without any confusion. Hugh Jackman is fantastic as Wolverine as always, but IMarvel appears to be at the top of their game after another installment of the X-Men series. This film may not only be the best of the series but perhaps the best Marvel film to date. Bryan Singer did a tremendous job returning to the series and manages to send the viewer back in forth to different time frames without any confusion. Hugh Jackman is fantastic as Wolverine as always, but I found that James McAvoy stole the show as the young Charles Xavier. Michael Fassenbender was extraordinary as well. Both of these men are great actors and are very underrated at this point in their careers. Days of Future Past is a must see for any Marvel fan. The world is now open to any possibility in the sequel Apocalypse. I'm looking forward to it. Expand
  53. Sep 28, 2014
    This is, my a fair margin, the best x-men movie made yet. Combining all eras and casts (albeit not always equally), mixing heavy-hearted moments with an intensity and desire to see the unexpected that is rare noadays, this movie combines so many elements with an articulate finesse.
  54. Dec 21, 2014
    X-Men Days of future past is the best X-Men Movies so far.Bryan Singers is back to play with his toys and make a good film out of it tat many of us enjoy watching it.X-Men Days Of Future Past is a great movie to watch.
  55. May 23, 2014
    Only the Dark Knight surpasses this film in the genre. From beginning to the scene after the credits (it is after the full credits, by the way) Days of Future Past does not disappoint as an epic and satisfying conclusion to the earlier films, while setting up lots of new drama and intrigue for the next films. Almost all of the performances were completely spot on with particularly goodOnly the Dark Knight surpasses this film in the genre. From beginning to the scene after the credits (it is after the full credits, by the way) Days of Future Past does not disappoint as an epic and satisfying conclusion to the earlier films, while setting up lots of new drama and intrigue for the next films. Almost all of the performances were completely spot on with particularly good performances from Evan Peters (Quicksilver), Fassbender (Magneto) and both versions of Charles Xavier. In addition, the action was well orchestrated and creative with more than enough drama and power behind it.

I look forward to any number of sequels, in particular with what they hinted at for the next film.
  56. May 24, 2014
    I have nothing more to say than pure awesomeness! it was definitely the best movie i 've seen this year. I might even say it was the best marvel movie. the actors were great and i loved that it combined the cast from the trilogy and from the first class. some might say the plot was a bit confusing but i think that it was what it made this movie special. i couldn't ask for anything betterI have nothing more to say than pure awesomeness! it was definitely the best movie i 've seen this year. I might even say it was the best marvel movie. the actors were great and i loved that it combined the cast from the trilogy and from the first class. some might say the plot was a bit confusing but i think that it was what it made this movie special. i couldn't ask for anything better from x-men. i highly recommend it. if you love fantasy movies don't even think about it just watch it! Expand
  57. May 24, 2014
    One of the better comic book/super-hero movies this millennium at the least. Brilliantly ambitious and innovative plot line. Had me skeptical at first considering the 4 previous X-Men plus the 2 Wolverine movies had their own plot elements that had to be accounted for, but they were incorporated spectacularly. Great action scenes, well rendered CGI while not being too dominating andOne of the better comic book/super-hero movies this millennium at the least. Brilliantly ambitious and innovative plot line. Had me skeptical at first considering the 4 previous X-Men plus the 2 Wolverine movies had their own plot elements that had to be accounted for, but they were incorporated spectacularly. Great action scenes, well rendered CGI while not being too dominating and disenfranchising. Great script and as per usual when you have Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart, phenomenal acting. Expand
  58. Jun 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In every level this movie has been the most complete marvel movie ever if not the greatest: The scenario is saturated with events that does not seem to distract you away from the main plot, we have a justified and well portrayed villain (magneto) which is non-existant in the marvel universe (except loki who might and probably should be considered as an anti hero after thor 2). I also do not know any other marvel movie that keeps this many characters and does not give you the feeling of the movie is overcrowded with too many shallow characters. The movie is emotional; not in a very dramatic way but it is able capture its thematic emotion: "Hope" because you get to feel some of the characters' feelings of desperation and their path of self destruction, you also get to see that this may fail no matter what you do but at the end hope wins and you get to experience this effectively due to great performances of the main characters. Expand
  59. Jun 3, 2014
    Best X-men yet. An intriguing plot, likable characters, awesome action and a small dose of humor make this the best flick of the summer so far. The acting was terrific, with great performances from Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Hugh Jackman, Peter Dinklage and Evan Peters. Speaking of Peters, Quicksilver was a big surprise and the highlight of the movie, eliminating all earlierBest X-men yet. An intriguing plot, likable characters, awesome action and a small dose of humor make this the best flick of the summer so far. The acting was terrific, with great performances from Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Hugh Jackman, Peter Dinklage and Evan Peters. Speaking of Peters, Quicksilver was a big surprise and the highlight of the movie, eliminating all earlier complaints about his design. DOFP leaves a tough act to follow for the rest of the summer. Must-Watch Expand
  60. May 23, 2014
    The perfect summer blockbuster and the best x-men movie yet. I loved this movie and it is my favourite movie of the year so far. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. YES IT IS THAT GOOD. 9.610.
  61. May 24, 2014
    I'm gonna start by saying that I'm not a huge X men fan but I am a big fan of Wolverine and Jennifer Lawrence's take on Raven, I've seen every X men movie now and I honestly thought this series wouldn't reach a level that would go higher then X2... but man was I wrong, this movie was excellent in every sense of the word, the pacing was perfect, there was a lot of comedic moments that II'm gonna start by saying that I'm not a huge X men fan but I am a big fan of Wolverine and Jennifer Lawrence's take on Raven, I've seen every X men movie now and I honestly thought this series wouldn't reach a level that would go higher then X2... but man was I wrong, this movie was excellent in every sense of the word, the pacing was perfect, there was a lot of comedic moments that I didn't expect, I will say that there's a sequence with Quick silver that's worth the ticket price alone, what surprised me the most however is that out of all X men / Wolverine movies this movie by far the least amount of action, proving that these Super hero movies don't need to be filled with wall to wall action to be an excellent Super hero movie, this wasn't just a good comic movie, it was an excellent movie... I've heard this said by a few reviewers but until I saw it I wasn't going to comment on it..."If this movie doesn't get a best picture nomination I will be appalled" I agree with that statement, giving this movie a 10 feels like an insult but since that the highest the scale goes it's a 10. Expand
  62. May 23, 2014
    Best X-men Movie Ever. It has everything. Just watch it. Great characters and the most intriguing plot. One of the best films of this year and surely the best Marvel film. Watch it !
  63. May 23, 2014
    No need to do pros/cons for this one I loved Days of Future Past! It is the perfect X-Men movie! Almost as good as First Class. Everyone in this movie put on a great performance, the action/set pieces were great, the story was done very well and that's saying something because it is a time travel movie, and a great underlying message of hope. Bryan Singer did a great job in his return backNo need to do pros/cons for this one I loved Days of Future Past! It is the perfect X-Men movie! Almost as good as First Class. Everyone in this movie put on a great performance, the action/set pieces were great, the story was done very well and that's saying something because it is a time travel movie, and a great underlying message of hope. Bryan Singer did a great job in his return back to the franchise, not sure if he'll ever do one again now, but if he does I'm eagerly awaiting the next instalment. Expand
  64. May 23, 2014
    This is the X-men movie that we've wanted since the beginning. The cast is absolutely perfect and the balance between the original cast and the first class cast is awesome. Intense action and emotional roller coaster. This movie basically rewrote all the wrongs of the first 3 films in a very tactful way. Can't wait until the next one.
  65. May 23, 2014
    X-Men: Days of Future Past is a very emotionally heavy movie, and I couldn't resist shedding a tear or two as I sat on the edge of my seat, wondering what would happen next, even though I read the comic before I went to the theatre.

Days of Future Past is superb in every way. The story is strong, the music fits the scenes, the cast is amazing, and all those wonderful Marvel jokes we never get tired of. I could write a lot, lot more, but I don't want to spoil it for you. So if you haven't seen it yet, WHAT are you waiting for? Buy a ticket, or tickets, and go watch the movie. You won't regret it!
  66. May 24, 2014
    This was a great movie overall, the setpieces and action scenes were very well done, the plot was well adapted from those comics it drew upon for inspiration, and it leaves off with a couple ideas left in my head as to where the series might go next without unbearable cliffhangers.

The acting was generally good, but Fassbender wasn't as magnetizing as he was in First Class. The dichotomy of past/future Magneto's actions was interesting enough to keep my mind off Fassbender's performance during the movie, though.

At the end, I was left excited for the next film, and hoping it is made as well or better than this one was!
  67. May 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With two teams joining together in a truly epic way, id say this is the best X-Men yet. It surprises me that the bar is still set at a reasonably reachable level. *SPOILER* Apocalypse will give Ultron & ALL OF DC a run for its money. The perfect set up for people to get interested in the next installment Expand
  68. May 29, 2014
    Great movie!!!! For the first time in a long time the odds really seem stacked against the heroes. Easily one of my favorite superhero movies to date. Quicksilver also makes an appearance and even though it is brief it was amazing an I want to see more. Overall XMDFP is an amazing movie!!
  69. May 26, 2014
    This is probably the best X-men film to date. Finally the X-men franchise is living up to its potential. The plot is complex. Characters have agendas and motives that overlap or conflict at times and are authentic. It is an ensemble film where key characters are dynamic. At last what X-men should be.

The good. The plot within itself makes sense. Its really easy to mess that up in

The good.
    The plot within itself makes sense. Its really easy to mess that up in things involving time travel.
    The action sequences are pretty amazing. No one character is too powerful in comparison to others. The scenes set in the future manages to show a bleak abysmal world, but still evoke warmth between the onscreen characters. Including new characters you've never met who fit in seamlessly. And it adds to the rushed desperate feel of it. Scenes in the past manage to convey the feeling of the period aside just from a bunch of funky clothes. Characters are shown as fragile as well as being powerful.
    The bad.
    One apparent plot hole Charles Xavier is alive in this bleak future, yet when Wolverine is flashing back the rest of the dark phoenix ark from X3 clearly happened. One of the great things about this film is they get a chance to re-do that mess. I feel like they should have gone one way or the other on that. Or come up with a workaround. Things don't have to have happened exactly as we saw in X-3. In this future they obviously didn't. Maybe a deleted scene will explain it.
    Similarly as warm and re-assuring as it is to see the original X1 cast at the end of the film, it would have been a golden opportunity to re-cast a character or two as I hope they do going forward.
    Also, and I found this rather weird, Jennifer Lawrence emotes more and has more texture when she is Mystique. When you see her without all the blue makeup her face looks a tad airbrushed and she is not very expressive. I really do not know how they managed that one.
    Also anyone who is expecting anything more than a bit part from Storm. Sorry. Not in this movie.
    The verdict. At last we have moved past the period where creating a superhero movie meant cramming it up the wazoo with special effects. They should try to tell the best story they can, and add effects to heighten the experience. That is what this film does.
    It also gets a bonus point for giving them the ability to reboot the franchise to a higher expectation going forward.
  70. May 25, 2014
    Being the oldest superhero franchise,the xmen series had a few flaws in some of its previous films but Singer was able to bring back the X-men grove and earn redemption in the latest instalment of the series.Totally satisfying and immensely Awesome
  71. May 25, 2014
    Brian Singer brings X-Men back to the glory of when it was fully under his helm. This is taken from one of the better X-Men story lines. It's not the greatest action film, nor the greatest sic-fi film, nor the greatest comic book film. But' it's still excellent in all three categories.

I do not recommend to those who aren't already X-fans. I don't think it's accessible unless you already know and like the X-Men universe to some degree, at least. But the film fully delivers to those of us who are fans. For us, this is a great summer movie.
  72. May 26, 2014
    x-men days of future past is an amazing addition to a great series,director Bryan Singer returns as the triumphant director of X1 and X2,and what we get is an inrcredibly human,terrificly acted and brilliantly shot story,that just confuses quite a lot for the people that have seen all previous films including the prequels.

The performances were excellent from everyone ,yes some do get

The performances were excellent from everyone ,yes some do get more screentime than others,but they are also so well developed and heartful,that it's hard not to feel attached to these characters,wolverine is again great ,Hugh Jackman really nails his role ,i can't think of anyone else that will do it better than him,James Mcavoy and Michael Fassbender deliver their best performances as proffesor x and magneto,Jennifer Lawrence as mystique was incredible,Evan Peters who plays quicksilver is absolutely awesome,even though he's got few scenes in the movie he completely steals the show in them.It's a great ensemble that goes from small characters to big ones ,but it constantly manages to make them more and more apealing and relevant to the story.The story itself is really good,if not a little bit complex and illogical which is unfortunately it's only weakness,see the story is handled extremely well ,the general feel ,the mood ,the atmosphere,the characters,time-travel element is handled mostly well,and i say mostly only because the events that happen here don't really make sense to the other films ,without spoiling anything expect to be asking questions left and right and getting really twisted about how certain things work out and how they fit into the general story of x-men.

What Bryan Singer doesn't completely nail in his story department ,he does in action ,needless to say it's intense,suspensful ,badass,spectacular and even horrifying at times.The stand out scene for me was quicksilver set piece ,remember matrix's introduction to the groundbreaking slo-mo bullet time ,well this movie takes that onto a WHOOOOLLLE new level,involbing quicksilver running at a killer speed in slow motion dodging bullets ,hitting guards,climbing on walls,in a beatifully ,visually and choreographically stunning set piece that will blow your mind,accompanied by some great music by Jim Croce,the rest of the action is just as good if not a bit repetitive,if this movie would solely be judged by the action i'd say it delivers and then some.

The movie is a wild ,emotional ride ,that is done with a huge respect to the franchise,further develops characters and gives our eyes a true eye-candy,it's one of the best films of this year,it's definetely worth watching and even if it does confuse a little with it's time-travel structure,it still remains my second favorite x-men movie to date,right after first class.
  73. Jun 6, 2014
    actually, this movie was quite different then before, this movie has breathtaking graphic and the story line is not bad enough, the acting of actor and actress was good and marvelous, the action is very good too thought, this movie was the best of the year for me, I like this
  74. May 25, 2014
    Just got back from watching X-Men: DOFP. Very entertaining with some great (and not so great) effects; but with some very sincere moments of character development, specially with Prof. X. All the acting was top-notch as you would expect. However, there were some (major) characters who hardly got a word in at all. One major character was just seen in the hallway at the end and anotherJust got back from watching X-Men: DOFP. Very entertaining with some great (and not so great) effects; but with some very sincere moments of character development, specially with Prof. X. All the acting was top-notch as you would expect. However, there were some (major) characters who hardly got a word in at all. One major character was just seen in the hallway at the end and another (future-version) major character wasn't seen at all (If Magneto got his power back after X-Men: Last Stand, didn't she?). Characters we did get to see and actually have some lines, were great. New characters (for the movie series) were awesome: Quicksilver!

As with all time-traveling-based stories, it's always a challenge to pull it off "realistically". X-Men: DOFP did so splendidly and with heart. Nice story, indeed. Again, some very deep moments. The effects were top-notch in most of the scenes... but a few, well, had less time spent on them (ie: the fall out of the window).

Very enjoyable, smart superhero movie for summer. Go see it!
  75. May 26, 2014
    In order to garner full value of this movie, it is critical one has seen the prior X-men movies. Initially, I did not have high expectations for, yet another sequel. I thought, how could they possibly improve on the prior films? Well, they did it... The story, plot and special effects are exceptional. This movie not only plays on the various attributes of the favorite X-men characters, butIn order to garner full value of this movie, it is critical one has seen the prior X-men movies. Initially, I did not have high expectations for, yet another sequel. I thought, how could they possibly improve on the prior films? Well, they did it... The story, plot and special effects are exceptional. This movie not only plays on the various attributes of the favorite X-men characters, but adds a few new wrinkles to the saga, as well as, provides sub-textual life lessons. This is a must see movie and I highly recommend the 3D version. I reserve the rating of 10 for those few "epic" films, therefore; I rate this particular movie a 9 and save the rating of 10 for the entire series. Go see this movie... Expand
  76. May 24, 2014
    I watched the movie with a bad expectation about it, but that Xmovie surprised me, was not that tiring sequence as Xmen3 or XmenOriginsWolverine. It flows as well as drawings and comics. Regarding the storyline, is at the level of Captain America 2.
  77. May 27, 2014
    Easily the greatest X-Men movie ever created in the history of ever. It blew minds. Go see it. Literally the best one released so far. Honestly, this is probably the best that super-hero movies are ever going to get to. The last superhero movie that I saw that I thought was this good was Spiderman 2 with Tobey Maguire (and can't forget that Willem Dafoe cameo) and X-Men blows that movieEasily the greatest X-Men movie ever created in the history of ever. It blew minds. Go see it. Literally the best one released so far. Honestly, this is probably the best that super-hero movies are ever going to get to. The last superhero movie that I saw that I thought was this good was Spiderman 2 with Tobey Maguire (and can't forget that Willem Dafoe cameo) and X-Men blows that movie out of the water. I've seen it four times already, and I'm ready for a fifth. Seriously, no movie has had me this engaged. Michael Fassbender as Magneto and Patrick Stewart as Professer X had the greatest bromance since Brokeback Mountain, and it had me sobbing in the theatre, along with those next to me. You can't remember a greater post-credits clip than the one schwarma scene in the Avengers, and this movie annihilates that one. You gotta wait till the end of the credits. Words cannot express how much this movie means to me, and how much it has affected me in the days after I experienced the beauty that is X-Men: Days of Future Past. Go see it, and don't forget the Kleenex and Vaseline. Expand
  78. May 28, 2014
    I have a personal dislike for marvel. I feel that as if most of their movies are meant for kids.However, X-Men : Days of future past was able to bring in such a good story ark and character development that the most common issue I have with Marvel flushed down the toilet. It proved to be a great movie that not only is the best X-Men movie but also one the best marvel movies ever put on theI have a personal dislike for marvel. I feel that as if most of their movies are meant for kids.However, X-Men : Days of future past was able to bring in such a good story ark and character development that the most common issue I have with Marvel flushed down the toilet. It proved to be a great movie that not only is the best X-Men movie but also one the best marvel movies ever put on the big screen. Expand
  79. May 28, 2014
    Nice movie , I didn't expect it to be that good! Highly recommend it someone who hasn't watched it yet! The cast is amazing and it will keep your eyes wide open from beginning!
  80. May 23, 2014
    Director Bryan Singer make another masterpiece, the story is amazing
    and the cast done wonderful job. I have no idea how I can pass two
    hours when I watch this movie, it's the busy movie and make you stick
    with your seats. It's the 2nd best superhero movie I ever saw in my
    life (first was the dark knight 2008). If you are planning to saw it
    then go don't listen to bad reviews.
  81. May 23, 2014
    The best X-Men film so far. Easily.
    The best X-Men film so far. Easily.
    After the series appeared to be fading away after a sub standard conclusion to the original trilogy and an awkwardly written and directed origins story, the films have been revived by two fantastic instalments. First Class did brilliantly to get the series back on its feet with an excellent prequel led by James McAvoy, however DOFP goes one step beyond. Combining a fascinatingly intriguing and complex plot packed with great spectacles with a timeline spanning both arcs of this franchise, the latest X-Men entry culminates in an extraordinary feat of superhero film making. For me, the only superhero movie to surpass DOFP's excellence is The Dark Knight, but that is hardly a criticism.
    I'm now eagerly awaiting the release of X-Men: Apocalypse, 2016 can't come soon enough.
  82. May 29, 2014
    This is one of the best superhero movies ever made and is easily the best X-Men movie to date. It puts the X-Men franchise back on track. This year has been great so far with this and Winter Soldier being amazing.

Remember the Dark Knight films being praised as the best superhero movies? Well they weren't since theres nothing "super" about them. Good movies but not superhero movies. These recent Marvel movies are written really well AND they do the comics justice unlike Nolans trilogy.

This is a true superhero movie and one of the best, if not the best.
  83. May 24, 2014
    This film did one thing and one thing only: amaze me. Everything in this movie was done to near perfection. Action sequences were unbelievable, the cast (Jackman, Lawrence, and McAvoy) spectacular, and best of all, the fantastic storytelling by Bryan Singer. This is not only the best X-Men movie, but possibly Marvel's best yet.
  84. May 26, 2014
    About 3 years ago, Mathew Vaughn tried a whole new level of Xmen with Xmen First Class, and despite being too long, it was brilliant. But now, in 2014, director of Superman Returns- Bryan Singer comes with another level of high class, well acted Xmen, with good results. The first think I want to say is that Days of Future Last isn't your typical action fulled, popcorn movie. If you likeAbout 3 years ago, Mathew Vaughn tried a whole new level of Xmen with Xmen First Class, and despite being too long, it was brilliant. But now, in 2014, director of Superman Returns- Bryan Singer comes with another level of high class, well acted Xmen, with good results. The first think I want to say is that Days of Future Last isn't your typical action fulled, popcorn movie. If you like the comics or are familier with the characters and storylines, it's good to go for you. Some movies are so gripping and they stay so true to their comics and origins- DOFP is that type of movie. The Xmen send Wolverine played by Hugh Jackman in the past to stop the war that came in the future. Hugh Jackman was really good in this movie. Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen were the highlights. Jennifer Lawrence and Halle Berry were there but they were normal fare. This is the most absorbing and greatest Xmen movie ever know in recent years, it deserves the hype, and sure as damn deserves this much pride. This is what Tarantino did to Pulp Fiction, what Nolan did to The Dark Knight, what Kubrick did to Clockwork Orange. This is real cinema. I think I have never watched a movie so exciting and refreshing. You walk out of the theatre felling a sense of joy or spotting those Easter eggs with your friends and family. That is why movies are made. And DOFP is just that and even more. Why wait? Devour this excellent piece of filmmaking. Expand
  85. May 31, 2014
    Not only is this one of the best movies of the year so far, it's one of the best superhero movies I've ever witnessed. The combination of both "First Class" and the original X-Men cast worked out so perfectly! The time-travel aspect and story arc worked out so well. Plus, James Mcavoy's performance as younger Professor X was the best part of the movie. Even Quicksilver was one of the bestNot only is this one of the best movies of the year so far, it's one of the best superhero movies I've ever witnessed. The combination of both "First Class" and the original X-Men cast worked out so perfectly! The time-travel aspect and story arc worked out so well. Plus, James Mcavoy's performance as younger Professor X was the best part of the movie. Even Quicksilver was one of the best parts of the movie. Overall, everything meshed incredibly well and every character (for the most part) had their moments and were at their dynamic best! I don't care what others think, this is the best one in the series. This is truly worthy of an A+! Go see it! Expand
  86. May 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i loved the movie he brings all the feels from the hq and the quicksilver scenes were awesome and the age of apocalypse scene in the end was very cool and the E for Extinction speech reference was an incridable easter egg Expand
  87. May 24, 2014
    This is easily the best X-Men movie in its entire series. I have been a huge X-Men fan for decades and the story stayed mostly very close to the comic books. Maybe even closer than any other Marvel movie ever made. This competes with Avengers 1 & Winter Soldier for the best comic movie ever. Well worth the 247 million Fox spent making it. The ending was perfect and looks like X-MenThis is easily the best X-Men movie in its entire series. I have been a huge X-Men fan for decades and the story stayed mostly very close to the comic books. Maybe even closer than any other Marvel movie ever made. This competes with Avengers 1 & Winter Soldier for the best comic movie ever. Well worth the 247 million Fox spent making it. The ending was perfect and looks like X-Men Apocalypse will be extremely close to the comic story. Expand
  88. May 23, 2014
    Such an incredible film. X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past are like complete reboots in the X-Men series. Totally diminishes the first three movies of the franchise: X-Men, X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand like it never existed. What was great about X-Men:Days of Future Past is the incredible script and the compelling characters. The actors gave so much life to the charactersSuch an incredible film. X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past are like complete reboots in the X-Men series. Totally diminishes the first three movies of the franchise: X-Men, X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand like it never existed. What was great about X-Men:Days of Future Past is the incredible script and the compelling characters. The actors gave so much life to the characters they portray. An audience can feel their pain, anguish and longing to be accepted. James McCavoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence are top of their game. Their performance was outstanding and deserves so much recognition. A 10 out of 10. Best movie of the year thus far and Best Summer Movie of the year! Expand
  89. May 23, 2014
    In my opinion, the film may have had its mistakes on the continuity of the franchise, but that does not change the essence and the fact that X-Men Days of Future Past is a film that brings to us a reflective thought about what our choices defines a new future. It is a film of Super Heroes.
  90. May 23, 2014
    Easily the best X-men movie yet. It blends the original series of films very well with first class film. Bringing the two casts together to pretty much reboot the franchise. Don't forgot to stay after the credits for an epic easter egg of what is to come!
  91. May 23, 2014
    This film was a juggling act of immense proportion. And it all played out beautifully. Less a reboot and more a healing, this is in any case the beginning of the future for the cinematic X-men universe. It's impressive that any sort of moving narrative was pulled out of what was trying to be accomplished, there are so many moving parts and so much to address that it might be a headache forThis film was a juggling act of immense proportion. And it all played out beautifully. Less a reboot and more a healing, this is in any case the beginning of the future for the cinematic X-men universe. It's impressive that any sort of moving narrative was pulled out of what was trying to be accomplished, there are so many moving parts and so much to address that it might be a headache for anyone unfamiliar with the franchise. But there is almost a bounty of narrative to be had and some extremely touching interactions of not only characters, but incarnations of selves. Nothing feels squandered or easily earned here, and so many wrongs have been righted. It's miraculous and perplexing at the same time, as the film concludes as a meta-feat: they were fighting for an alternate future by remaking history and well, they were also fighting for a better X-men franchise by rewriting past failures. I walked out of the theater feeling like part of me had actually been saved, and that my love and hope for this franchise, this world, had been rewarded. This is the best X-men film yet, and it does not neglect what came before but uses all of it. And there is only hope in the future. Expand
  92. May 23, 2014
    The film contains every sequence you need to know. From the past to future, also, it shows us that if we liked the other X-Men movies, this will be the most loved one. Bryan Singer fixed all the mistakes that the franchise has ever had. I highly recommend X-Men: Days of Future Past; not because it is a superhero movie but because it has a good script and great performances. This movieThe film contains every sequence you need to know. From the past to future, also, it shows us that if we liked the other X-Men movies, this will be the most loved one. Bryan Singer fixed all the mistakes that the franchise has ever had. I highly recommend X-Men: Days of Future Past; not because it is a superhero movie but because it has a good script and great performances. This movie exceed all my expectations. Can't wait for X-Men: Apocalypse. Expand
  93. May 24, 2014
    This film is by far the strongest in the X-Men series. It captures the heart and emotions not focused on in the other films and aims to tie continuity together in between the sequels and spin-offs of the series. Though a lot of characters in this film seem to be used as special-effects-mutant-power-grunt-men, it mostly works, with Fan Bingbing’s Blink and Evan Peter’s Quicksilver being theThis film is by far the strongest in the X-Men series. It captures the heart and emotions not focused on in the other films and aims to tie continuity together in between the sequels and spin-offs of the series. Though a lot of characters in this film seem to be used as special-effects-mutant-power-grunt-men, it mostly works, with Fan Bingbing’s Blink and Evan Peter’s Quicksilver being the strongest. The anchoring characters are the ones in the past, and the future ones used more as segues for action rather than character development and this also creates an interesting dynamic and balance to the enormous cast. Expand
  94. Jun 1, 2014
    This is an excellent X-Men film that continues the rise of quality that came with First Class. Days of Future Past is definitely worth the watch in theaters, but fans of its typical action pacing will want to understand that this movie progresses a bit slower and utilizes action without dragging it out mercilessly. It is definitely one of my favorites, if not my favorite, X-Men movie toThis is an excellent X-Men film that continues the rise of quality that came with First Class. Days of Future Past is definitely worth the watch in theaters, but fans of its typical action pacing will want to understand that this movie progresses a bit slower and utilizes action without dragging it out mercilessly. It is definitely one of my favorites, if not my favorite, X-Men movie to date and makes me think there's still plenty left in the tank for this Marvel series adaptation. Expand
  95. May 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before I say any thing else, this movie is innovative on its chronological story-telling by doing something the source material has done, but no movie I can think of has ever tried: It's a good movie that undoes a bad movie! Walking into this film, I knew the time-travel aspect could enable the franchise to do more things and subtract installations that knee-capped it (Last Stand, Origins: Wolverine). Now onto the film ignoring that novelty; this film's story is bleak and it is really not afraid to express that. Some scenes feel like Dark Souls, but with weight. The story is that Wolverine is sent back via Kitty Pryde's powers to the early 70's to unite a depressed Charlies Xavier and incarcerated Erik Lensher to undo Mystique's act which pretty much dooms everyone. Also, Logan has to cope with the inconvenience that since he's sent back before the Weapon X project, he only has his bone claws. That's as much plot as I want to give away. Because the movie is running off of virtually two ensemble casts, any one with any dialogue of significance being a damn good actor. What's awesome is that even though the bulk of the film takes place in the past, Bryan Singer's trademarks of it being an X-men film are more prominent than Matthew Vaughn, First Class's director and this one's co-writer: It's theme is a reprise of X2's theme accompanied by a creative CG intro with a monologue by Patrick Stewart. It's focus when not on action, is just smart dialogue (this is an executive producer of House we're talking about here). The only two pieces of advice I give to those going seeing is to see X-men, X2, Last Stand (if you see the bad one before this, you'll appreciate what this film does), and First Class and prepare for a comic-book film darker than Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Expand
  96. May 23, 2014
    X-Men: Days Of Future past is the best X-men film to date, completely destroying the crowned king X2. The film is full of emotion, action and intensity, Brian Singer is an amazing director, this truly is one of his finest films and really captures how much he cares for the X-Men franchise. Just an absolute master-peace of a film, i could recommend this to anybody, even those that dislikeX-Men: Days Of Future past is the best X-men film to date, completely destroying the crowned king X2. The film is full of emotion, action and intensity, Brian Singer is an amazing director, this truly is one of his finest films and really captures how much he cares for the X-Men franchise. Just an absolute master-peace of a film, i could recommend this to anybody, even those that dislike superhero films because to me X-men isn't really about being a hero, its about trying to survive, trying to beat those that look down upon you in positive or negative ways and finding hope in hopeless situations which truly is the main theme for this film, finding Hope when all seems lost.

10/10, characters are superb, acting is amazing, Action is intense and the plot is one of the best ive ever seen form any superhero film.
  97. May 23, 2014
    The best X-Men movie and the best Superhero movie in general, successfully puts this franchise back on the right track without it feeling cheap or fake.
  98. May 23, 2014
    One word, AMAZING. It is the best X-men movie to date. After the nightmare that was X-men 3, and X-men Origins, the past three X-men films have been much better, and this movie is the best one. With a lot of the original cast returning, this movie rights the wrongs of the franchise. it has a great story, and some amazing acting for a superhero movie, particularly by Fassbender and McAvoy.One word, AMAZING. It is the best X-men movie to date. After the nightmare that was X-men 3, and X-men Origins, the past three X-men films have been much better, and this movie is the best one. With a lot of the original cast returning, this movie rights the wrongs of the franchise. it has a great story, and some amazing acting for a superhero movie, particularly by Fassbender and McAvoy. This movie definitely brings back the good vibes that came with the first X-men movie, if you are a fan of superhero movies, or you just love a good summer blockbuster, this movie is a must see. Expand
  99. May 24, 2014
    NOW THIS IS A SUPERHERO MOVIE!!! This movie is brilliant, it even fixed the crappy X3 stuff, the story, acting, effects, even the soundtrack was amazing! Hands down the best superhero/comic movie ever! Take that The Amazing Spiderman 2 and your crap movie! This one is a MUST SEE!
  100. May 24, 2014
    As a fan of the series and watching all the previous xmen/wolverine movies i enjoyed this one alot. with a non linear plot line the directer did a great job of not making this confusing. i thought the emotion and passion was very sdtrong in the movie and it was a gripping movie. i loved how the story weaved from past to present and used both cast of actors from first class and theAs a fan of the series and watching all the previous xmen/wolverine movies i enjoyed this one alot. with a non linear plot line the directer did a great job of not making this confusing. i thought the emotion and passion was very sdtrong in the movie and it was a gripping movie. i loved how the story weaved from past to present and used both cast of actors from first class and the original movies. this wasn't simply a mutant mash-up and the plot was well mad eand as a fan of the series i think it held true to X-men and im pumped for the next one to come out! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Steven Rea
    May 23, 2014
    Ambitious, even audacious, the movie's mix of action and for-devotees-only intrigue can overwhelm, but there are moments of sheer virtuosity, too.
    He’s (Singer) reborn — deft, elegant, spring-heeled — in X-Men: Days of Future Past. The special effects don’t bog him down: They lift the movie to a surreal and more emotional dimension.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    May 22, 2014
    I couldn’t follow many of the ins and outs of the time-travel scenario, and I’m not altogether sure that the filmmakers could, either. It doesn’t really matter. It’s enough that the movie is fun. We shouldn’t also expect it to make sense.