Yes Man

7.7

1. Mar 26, 2015
    To the people that I talked to who have seen Yes Man have said the same thing. "It's not Carry's best movie", and I can agree that it's not on the same level as The Mask, Dumb and Dumber or the brilliant masterpiece that is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but I honestly don't think it's has bad as some people are pointing it out to be.
  2. Aug 27, 2014
    Just another down right Jim Carey classic. The plot is good, its not stupid and it goes a long way. I could almost say I felt inspired by this movie to say "yes" a little more in my daily life instead of letting it pass you by.
  3. Dec 12, 2013
    Jim Carrey has the potential for something funnier, but instead stars in this painfully average and mostly predictable comedy that doesn't do anything new. Yes, this movie isn't funny.
  4. Jun 7, 2013
    Three years after his divorce Carl Allen’s life is going nowhere until, on the advice of a friend, he signs up for a self help program with one simple principle: Say yes to everything.

Despite the fresh spin the basic plot (boy meets girls, ruins things and then redeems himself) has been seen countless times before and the movie certainly runs out of steam by its final scenes but, thanks in large part to an excellent cast that includes the likes of Zoey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper and Rhys Darby, Yes Man makes for an enjoyable comedy.
  5. Mar 13, 2013
    Jim Carrey is my favorite comedian. And this movie is great but not one of the best. I think it could be funnier but still my final score for "YES MAN" is 7/10
  6. Feb 1, 2013
    Pretty much a typical Jim Carrey comedy. While there is nothing new in this film, it does have a bit of heart and sends a good message: Get off your ass and be positive about life. Overall: A decent popcorn comedy, that'll provide a few small laughs and will leave you feeling a little more warm fuzzy.
  7. Jan 17, 2013
    There are alot of negative reviews about this movie but I like it. It was cute funny and had some clever lines. It's the less indie Nick and Norah and it wasn't like the best but it averaged out cute with cool events in someones life.
  8. Nov 28, 2012
    A more refined Jim Carrey doesn't disappoint in this generally worthwhile comedy.
  9. Sep 2, 2012
    an extreme below average movie. Not Jim carey at his best. Not funny, just a bunch of rehashed garbage recycled over and over again. I would usually watch Jim carey's movies again but not this one.
  10. Sep 2, 2012
    I can't argue that this movie is funny. Zooey is great. She seriously can just make anything better just with her presence. It felt like a JIm movie...which means it was good and easy to watch.
  11. May 10, 2012
    A very funny movie,with a great cast of actors. All of it comes together in the end. Definitely a must watch movie!
  12. Jan 2, 2012
    Jim Carrey gives a typical performance which ends up not funny because he always acts the same way. And the premise is quite silly and Zooey Deschannel doesn't belong in this awful movie she needs to do better things. I give this movie 21%.
  13. Dec 23, 2011
    The ending may be rushed, but a funny and somewhat unique idea is well executed in Yes Man. I really liked Jim Carrey's performance and this comedy may be worth watching.
  14. Sep 25, 2011
    Jim Carrey needs to perform in better, funnier movies with optimism...
  15. Sep 22, 2011
    I was expecting laughs with tears when I thought of Jim Carrey in a comedy movie, with the last few movies I watched of his being The Mask, Ace Ventura, and Cable Guy. He was great in the number 23 thriller too. This was a let down! I agree with the message of the story though - "yes" does open up a world of possibilities.
  16. Aug 15, 2011
    I think this movie is so great. The story is very interesting. After finished watching, I become vigorous. It is worth the money to see it. The acting is so-so. Ypu should watch this movie if you have never watched.
  17. Jun 12, 2011
    Nothing overly exciting. It does bring back a bunch of memories of liar liar but I felt like it fixed some of the issues with that movie, but it also makes a few problems. Saying yes to everything should have led to some more legal problems then this, but the supporting cast in this was better then liar liar. This is a cute movie that makes some good laughs but one that you don't need toNothing overly exciting. It does bring back a bunch of memories of liar liar but I felt like it fixed some of the issues with that movie, but it also makes a few problems. Saying yes to everything should have led to some more legal problems then this, but the supporting cast in this was better then liar liar. This is a cute movie that makes some good laughs but one that you don't need to see more then once. Expand
  18. Feb 21, 2011
    I thought it was a well round innocent fun comedy flick. Yes man has its up and downs and might be corny for most. Certainly not Jim Carreys best but I enjoyed it, had me laughing and also had a moving/calm side to it.
  19. Feb 1, 2011
    A light, funny and enjoyable film that isn't for the whole family, But for a jim carrey fan who is in the mood for a wild, sometimes vulgar comedy.SEE it? yes yes yes!!!
  20. Jan 1, 2011
    Not Jim Carrey's best. There was some funny moments but it wasn't a spectacular movie. Maybe worth watching once though.
  21. DanielB.
    Jul 8, 2009
    Anyone who can get over the sometimes predictible jokes can enjoy this film. Jim carey is perfect in the role as carl and is what was needed to make this film work.
  22. JoelC.
    Jun 30, 2009
    After seeing the previews I thought the movie would really suck like some of Carreys recent effort. Totally wrong! It's a really good movie with a good message. At this point in my life, I could relate to it quite a bit so, slightly biased but still an excellent movie. Also, this movie gained a point for the killer ending credits art! Watch it, it's worth your time!
  23. HughG
    Jun 13, 2009
    I agree with Rosa - if you have a sense of humor you probably loved this film (as I did). If you go to films looking for reasons to say no to a good laugh, then maybe you should pay attention to the message in this film!
  24. AaronG
    May 30, 2009
    The first time I saw this film, I didn't really expect much. After it was over, I was thoroughly pleased. The jokes fresh and funny, the plot actually decent, and the love story a bit inspiring. Perhaps not worth a blu-ray purchase, but definitely worth a rental.
  25. ColinC
    Apr 28, 2009
    Cute. The wife and I enjoyed this more than we thought we would. Worth watching if you liked previous films of his like Liar Liar. Nothing too shockingly original (but then, you can always rewatch Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind), but worth the 90 minutes of you're life it'll take.
  26. KevinS
    Apr 10, 2009
    I knew every second of this movie within the first 5 minutes. Like baking bread, this thing never strayed from it's recipe. Seemed more like a self-help message extended into 1.5 excruciating hours.
  27. EssiS
    Apr 5, 2009
    Yes Man starts out as a typical Hollywood comedy; predictable and pretty badly written. But it evolves towards the end and the message of the film is actually pretty good. Jim Carrey was also surprisingly good in this movie. Although I really like him, he has done his share of mediocre comedies most part of his career.
  28. JayH
    Apr 4, 2009
    Likable but rather empty comedy. Very typical of Jim Carrey, but very much lacks originality. It's just a rehash of numerous of his earlier films. Zooey Deschanel is charming though.
  29. JimS
    Feb 9, 2009
    This movie is highly underrated. This treasure is another "Ground Hog Day". The theme is more seriousness than what is given credit for. Wayne W. Dyer, in one of his books, mentions YES as a spiritual principle ( I believe it was in "Power of Intention") This is a kindly funny and entertaining movie with a philosophical theme that more people should follow - including myself.
  30. AlexJ.
    Jan 26, 2009
    DIABOLICAL FILM. Jim Carrey ruined it big time, he always does. Probably loves men and all. Winky face.
  31. ChristinaS
    Jan 15, 2009
    I want to start by saying I don't "go crazy" fo Jim Carrey but I did like this film. I will admit my two favorite films of his are Liar Liar and Yes Man and though they are surprisingly similar they are still great films. I think Carrey can be genius and why can we not celebrate his genius we he repeats his genius? Harrison Ford plays the same guys in two of America's most I want to start by saying I don't "go crazy" fo Jim Carrey but I did like this film. I will admit my two favorite films of his are Liar Liar and Yes Man and though they are surprisingly similar they are still great films. I think Carrey can be genius and why can we not celebrate his genius we he repeats his genius? Harrison Ford plays the same guys in two of America's most popular sagas and we love him for it. If you do something well then do it. On another note I was totally annoyed at the sex scene with the elderly neighbor. That scene was absolutely not necessary. It made everyone uncomfortable. I don't think a "Yes Man" audience is going to think that is funny. I also believe that is a subconscious reason why a vast majority of critics didn't give it the "it wasn't deep but it was funny card". Because when you think back on watching the film there was something annoying in the film and it was that scene. It reminds me of "Over her dead body". There were some great lines in that film but it was really hard to get past Eva Longoria watching and commenting during love scenes. I just walked away saying yeah I don't need to see that again. Anyway....Yes Man made me laugh really hard in some scenes but it was totally ruined by one lame scene. Expand
  32. Aronj
    Jan 14, 2009
    Its definitely not Jim Carrey's funnist work, not enough physical comedy for him. But i hate how people look past rhys darby, he has such a different sense of humor that I've never seen before, it shines in the show flight of the conchords.
  33. BobbyB
    Jan 13, 2009
    Absolutely incredible! Hilarious, great message, and Jim Carrey and Zooey Deschanel turn in cute, quirky, realistic performances. Highest marks!
  34. CarolS
    Jan 13, 2009
    I walked out of this movie and I haven't done that in a very long time. I found it tiresome, not that funny (Carey's schtick is getting worn out). Only reason to give it a one was his co-star, Zoey. She's fresh and brought a bit of life to this dog.
  35. DorianS.
    Jan 9, 2009
    The film is so hilarious that my friends and I couldn't stop laughing. I would definitely see it again.
  36. James
    Jan 5, 2009
    It was alright.... From the reviews I've read the biggest problem people have with it is that "it's just another Jim Carrey movie." "Same old same old" And before I saw the movie I found no reason to fault that. I've liked most of his movies I've seen in the past, and I'd watch them again, so how could I go wrong? The problem lies in the fact that although it is It was alright.... From the reviews I've read the biggest problem people have with it is that "it's just another Jim Carrey movie." "Same old same old" And before I saw the movie I found no reason to fault that. I've liked most of his movies I've seen in the past, and I'd watch them again, so how could I go wrong? The problem lies in the fact that although it is another standard Jim Carrey movie... its not a very good one. The humor is rather predictable, and there are plenty of moments in the film where you just go, "That wouldn't happen. That's stupid." And something about it reminded me more of Failure to Launch than Liar Liar. Really not the most impressive comedy on his resume. It's a typical Jim Carrey comedy, without the typical Jim Carey comedy. Expand
  37. JeffL.
    Jan 4, 2009
    Good escapist comedy and entertainment for when you need a good laugh!
  38. Jack
    Jan 3, 2009
    Awesome movie. Couldn't stop laughing.
  39. Rosa
    Jan 3, 2009
    Very funny movie. Me and my family all loved it and couldn't stop laughing. If you have a sense of humor go watch it.
  40. AngeloM.
    Jan 1, 2009
    Funny and slightly enlightening, but its message is a little late. Had this been released in the uptight 80's or even the 90's I'm sure it would have been a epic splash. Nonetheless, the blatant sexual overtones broke the upbeat and positive tune that it had going for it. I don't care what passes for mainstream humor, the whole sex with the elderly woman just disgusts Funny and slightly enlightening, but its message is a little late. Had this been released in the uptight 80's or even the 90's I'm sure it would have been a epic splash. Nonetheless, the blatant sexual overtones broke the upbeat and positive tune that it had going for it. I don't care what passes for mainstream humor, the whole sex with the elderly woman just disgusts me, as it should for the idiots who let it pass as PG-13. Expand
  41. DavidP
    Dec 30, 2008
    Ignore the miserable idiots who are giving it a zero. Yes Man is good fun for the festive season, with some great character roles that add to the story in the same way as Groundhog Day. Overall my girlfriend and I had a fun evening and laughed out loud throughout - what more do you need from a comedy?
  42. stevep
    Dec 29, 2008
    Yes Man is a very hard film for me to review because it one of those films where the part of me that fancies myself a intellectual film critic tells me I should hate it, and the part of me that is just some suburbia kid that went to see a movie on Friday night tells me I should love it. The reason I
  43. JoeB.
    Dec 27, 2008
    Pretty enjoyable, you know what to expect from carrey, and frankly it is getting a bit old, but he's a class act in my book....
  44. SteveM.
    Dec 26, 2008
    This movie had me laughing all the way through, it is a must see!
  45. KenS
    Dec 26, 2008
    This movie seems to be the hilarious, feel-good movie of the year. The movie is put together very well with no apparent holes in the plot and it has a perfect cast with each star playing his/her role excellently. Anyone who can give this movie a 0 isn't rating this movie and just doesn't like Jim Carrey.
  46. Dave
    Dec 25, 2008
    One of the funniest movies I ever seen.
  47. KenS.
    Dec 23, 2008
    This is a wonderful movie. I laughed all the way through. If movies with a heart mesage interect you this is great for you. SEND THE KIDS TO THIS ONE!
    Dec 23, 2008
    Hey, it's not the best movie ever, nor the funniest comedy in recent memory, but it's entertaining from beginning to end. While there are more hearty chuckles than deep belly laughs, there are very few jokes that fall flat. Also very well done is the love story. The chemistry between the two actors is great, and very believable. All in all, this is a fun movie to see with Hey, it's not the best movie ever, nor the funniest comedy in recent memory, but it's entertaining from beginning to end. While there are more hearty chuckles than deep belly laughs, there are very few jokes that fall flat. Also very well done is the love story. The chemistry between the two actors is great, and very believable. All in all, this is a fun movie to see with friends or with a date, which I did last night, and found myself quite enjoying. Expand
  49. RyanD.
    Dec 22, 2008
    This movie was absolutely wonderful. I was laughing all the way through, and I couldn't agree more with the message.
  50. Janet
    Dec 22, 2008
    Another flop from Jim Carrey. Who reviews his scripts.
  51. ChadS.
    Dec 21, 2008
    "Yes Man" resembles former NYC mayor Rudy Giuliani, both movie and man like to bring up 9/11, regardless of time or place, regardless of the context. The FBI think they might be terrorists: Carl(Jim Carrey) and Allison(Zooey Deschanel) fly to Lincoln, are nabbed in Lincoln, bringing their Jack Kerouac-like adventure to a crashing halt, and in the process, crashing the film. "Yes Man" "Yes Man" resembles former NYC mayor Rudy Giuliani, both movie and man like to bring up 9/11, regardless of time or place, regardless of the context. The FBI think they might be terrorists: Carl(Jim Carrey) and Allison(Zooey Deschanel) fly to Lincoln, are nabbed in Lincoln, bringing their Jack Kerouac-like adventure to a crashing halt, and in the process, crashing the film. "Yes Man" isn't big enough for terrorism; it's just a modest romantic comedy about living life to the max, and more importantly, caving in to your impulses. The man who invites Carl to the seminar throws a brick into the bank's plate glass window. Instead of making the allusion to terrorists being the ultimate yes men as an obstacle for the couple to overcome, the film should have eschewed the tackiness that comes along with dredging up the fallen towers, and showed how saying "yes" all the time, slowly becomes a hazard to Carl's life, and for those who orbit it. "Yes Man" should have treated Carl's single-minded tendency to say "no", then "yes", as an outgrowth of OCD, or better still, manic-depression. Saying "yes" as a descent into madness, but that's too ambitious for a film like "Yes Man", whose populist sensibility makes allowances for Carl's period of answering in the negative, a result of his lingering feelings for the ex-wife. The scene in which Carl overcaffeinates himself with Red Bull, hints at what a more ambitious "Yes Man" would look like. Expand
  52. jD
    Dec 21, 2008
    Trite, boring jim C vehicle. High point is zoey D. She grounds the run away train & adds a sweetness to the flick that really is the only consistent positive. Overall a flop of a film. Wait for DVD.
  53. Richie
    Dec 21, 2008
    Don't spend you hard earned money on this sappy crap.
  54. Lolita
    Dec 21, 2008
    Time for JC to ride off into the sunset. He plays the same character in every film. Enough already as it's no longer funny. Grow up.
  55. Darwin
    Dec 21, 2008
    It's the end of the line for Jim Carrey. It's almost as if he's stuck in a time warp back in the 90's. He needs a script with new material to salvage his once superstar career. Too many bad movies to suit me.
  56. JasonG.
    Dec 20, 2008
    Good funny movie. Had me and my family in stiches.
  57. ParkerN.
    Dec 20, 2008
    Awesome movie, there were long segments of time where I didn't stop laughing. The adult's Liar Liar.
  58. SaraP.
    Dec 19, 2008
    This was the best (funnyest) carrey movie ever. It wasnt a deep movie but it got good laughs.

1. Carrey's most satisfying live-action effort since "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Genial but slim, picture is certainly a light-hearted alternative to weighty year-end awards bait, but the conceit isn't realized fully enough.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    Yes Man is nothing more than warmed-over holiday seconds, a repackaged best-of for those who already own the hits.