Young Adult

6.4

1. Feb 12, 2016
    Jason Reitman and Charlize Theron create a realistic insight into what happens to the popular high school student who can't adjust to the real world in Young Adult.

Watch this movie here for free http://www.watchfree.to/watch-29ad2d-Young-Adult-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
  2. Nov 19, 2015
    It's an interesting movie. It's sharp, authentic, and has a intriguing main character... but it can be boring at times. I liked the off kilter tone of the story, and the movie really comes to life in certain moments, but as I stated, it's not always as entertaining as it should be. That being said, Charlize Theron does give a really good performance, and the movie is all the better for it.It's an interesting movie. It's sharp, authentic, and has a intriguing main character... but it can be boring at times. I liked the off kilter tone of the story, and the movie really comes to life in certain moments, but as I stated, it's not always as entertaining as it should be. That being said, Charlize Theron does give a really good performance, and the movie is all the better for it. Seeing as this is another collaboration between Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody, it's inevitable that you're going to compare it to Juno while watching it. It's not nearly as good. It lacks Juno's constant liveliness and its interestingly quirky details. But, it does have enough going for it, including Theron's and Oswalt's chemistry, that I have to call it a solid little movie. It's just not great. Expand
  3. Sep 1, 2014
    Holstered by a notable performance from Charlize Theron, Diablo Cody proves her writing strength once more in this honest and smart comedy. No matter the expectations of the audience, they are sure to enjoy this one.
  4. Oct 27, 2013
    "Young Adult" is another triumph from the subtly engrossing style of Jason Reitman and the sardonically biting commentary of Diablo Cody, featuring a despicably delightful performance from Charlize Theron and a characteristically hilarious turn from Patton Oswalt.
  5. Jul 31, 2013
    Young adult is a story about an author who has just divorced and travels where she used to live to meet again her ex-boyfriend that she obviously still loves him. But her ex has made his life and he has a baby. The author wants to get him back and she tries many things. It is an interesting idea and a great plot for a comedy-drama film. Charlize Theron gave a great performance and i didn'tYoung adult is a story about an author who has just divorced and travels where she used to live to meet again her ex-boyfriend that she obviously still loves him. But her ex has made his life and he has a baby. The author wants to get him back and she tries many things. It is an interesting idea and a great plot for a comedy-drama film. Charlize Theron gave a great performance and i didn't know she was such a great actress. It has not have a happy ending which is something i like in these kind of films and in overall it is a good movie and easily watched with a great cast. Expand
  6. Feb 3, 2013
    Whilst it should be applauded that a movie so strange, unpredictable and unrepentant as Young Adult even exists, it doesn't change the fact that it isn't emotionally satisfying in any way. The film stands as a fantastically acted character study and an interesting curio but it's too unconventional and mean-spirited to make an impact beyond that.
  7. Jan 6, 2013
    This movie has no big animosity or even a great moral value but it did nothing wrong. Just because it did not revolutionize anything does not mean that it is bad. A well formulated script with above average acting and provocative ideas that lead to a well rounded film. Don't get me wrong it will not be the best movie in the world or rise to Oscar winning glory but it was solid. EverythingThis movie has no big animosity or even a great moral value but it did nothing wrong. Just because it did not revolutionize anything does not mean that it is bad. A well formulated script with above average acting and provocative ideas that lead to a well rounded film. Don't get me wrong it will not be the best movie in the world or rise to Oscar winning glory but it was solid. Everything was above average in my book even if I did think that she was crazy. Expand
  8. Nov 21, 2012
    Hahahahaha! I fing C. Theoron's acting so ridiculously funny as a depressed alcoholic somewhat-sociopathic ex-promqueen that it made the show for me. The rest of the show was great as well. Realistic too. This isn't the high school meanie returning to town vs the others, while she battles for her ex love with the current wife movie that were all expecting. The realities of this show wereHahahahaha! I fing C. Theoron's acting so ridiculously funny as a depressed alcoholic somewhat-sociopathic ex-promqueen that it made the show for me. The rest of the show was great as well. Realistic too. This isn't the high school meanie returning to town vs the others, while she battles for her ex love with the current wife movie that were all expecting. The realities of this show were much more honest than that, and it made so much sense that I wish other movies would do that. Oh, and they can't even make Charlize Theron look ugly even when there overdoing the look of the depressed alcolic. Can I type my name and number here in hopes that she calls me? Expand
  9. Oct 4, 2012
    charlize theron is the reason of me to watching this movie. she is rare beauty in hollywood without make ups or lighting effect. story and acting is suprisingly good and even though plot is not lengthy or clever, this movie made me think about what a life is.
  10. Sep 25, 2012
    This is a smart and unnerving movie, it can be seen as static at times but that is it's charm we see how it was possible for Mavis to remain as she was "the mean girl" it tethers close to empathy but laughs at it also as Therons Mavis . It is difficult to like because it touches on some home truth 1st if we can avoid growth while aging we will and 2nd people dont change really. Cody makesThis is a smart and unnerving movie, it can be seen as static at times but that is it's charm we see how it was possible for Mavis to remain as she was "the mean girl" it tethers close to empathy but laughs at it also as Therons Mavis . It is difficult to like because it touches on some home truth 1st if we can avoid growth while aging we will and 2nd people dont change really. Cody makes this a satirical comedy because the truth when told in it's volatile pathetic state is usually really funny. Oswald also seems stuck in his nit so glorious days which is both sad and annoying in that he forces us to come to grips with the fact that if you don't heal and move on you are a burden. It was a beautifully ridiculously honest portal of "just life" that hollywood seems to look down on. Expand
  11. Sep 5, 2012
    user score 6.2?? Seriously??
    This movie deserves 8/10 at least. I loved it. The screenplay is great and Charlize Theron is amazing as the ''psychotic prom queen **** Mavis Gary. The movie is a smart, original, cynical and funny dark comedy. 10/10.
  12. Aug 10, 2012
    90% of this film is Oscar-worthy, but the final ten minutes are dreadful and take away from a biting, witty script from Diablo Cody and wonderful performances from Charlize Theron and Patton Oswalt.
  13. Jun 27, 2012
    At first I felt bored, because it is a drama style of movie and it doesn't include action or comical situations or anything else that would be interesting for audience. But it has an amazing real life story, which is sad. You realise how difficult is to find your true love and how you would fight for it. The main character is doing a huge mistake if we judge her on ethical terms, but sheAt first I felt bored, because it is a drama style of movie and it doesn't include action or comical situations or anything else that would be interesting for audience. But it has an amazing real life story, which is sad. You realise how difficult is to find your true love and how you would fight for it. The main character is doing a huge mistake if we judge her on ethical terms, but she was just trying to be happy in her life. At the end she realised that she had been doing a mistake. This movie is also interesting because it shows us how we judge people by their appearance. Expand
  14. Jun 18, 2012
    Saw the film several weeks ago on the plane for the first time, due to fatigue and poor quality of the video, so I presumed a rematch is a jolly idea, especially a BlueRay version. This film marks a post-JUNO (2007) coalition from director Jason Reitman and screenwriter Diablo Cody.

Diablo's script has an rather earthy touch and incisive sharpness, which deftly captures an epitomized young adult's immature rite-of-passage. What's more rare and bold is our protagonist is a pretty unsavory sort, so the film literally risks losing its more generally appealing affinity by hatching a story of an obnoxious she-devil
  15. May 28, 2012
    Young Adult is a darkly humorous look into the life of Mavis Gary, the author of a once-bestselling series of YA novels. Upon learning that her high school sweetheart is happily married, she determinedly sets out to steal him back. Having enjoyed popularity in high school and fleeting fame in the subsequent years, Mavis has become self-centered and spoiled. The diction of her currentYoung Adult is a darkly humorous look into the life of Mavis Gary, the author of a once-bestselling series of YA novels. Upon learning that her high school sweetheart is happily married, she determinedly sets out to steal him back. Having enjoyed popularity in high school and fleeting fame in the subsequent years, Mavis has become self-centered and spoiled. The diction of her current novel, which doubles as the film's narration, offers an often hilarious glimpse at how she views herself, her past, and her current situation. This is a deeply disturbed character, but an endlessly fascinating one as well. Directed by Jason Reitman from a script by Diablo Cody, Young Adult is expertly handled. Reitman's heroes all have an abundance of confidence with films to match, and perhaps here, he has found the best combination. Cody's dialogue is concise and well written, lacking the all-too-knowing-ness of her previous work. Though occasionally the typical teen vernacular works its way into the movie, Cody makes good use of it. Charlize Theron is excellent as Mavis, in a simultaneously hilarious and horrifying role. Patrick Wilson does well as the high school sweetheart, who is indeed happily married but reluctant to be cruel. Patton Oswalt proves a surprisingly good choice to play Matt, a logical and sane counterpoint to Mavis's delusions. The film's success is dependent upon the performances; with less capable leads, it would sink under some of the weightier material. As things are Young Adult is an excellent character study with some wonderfully poignant moments. It may be too bleak for some and too caustic for others, but if you enjoy scathing humor and subtle wit, Young Adult is your kind of movie. Expand
  16. May 16, 2012
    Jason Reitman, son of fame director Ivan Reitman, is likely a better director than his dad, as evidenced by his last three movies before this one, namely 'Up In The Air', 'Juno' and 'Thank You For Smoking'. So, as you may well guess, him being the director of this movie was a big selection factor, but not as important as that of the lead actor, and Oscar winner, Charlize Theron.

The

The storyline and the trailers/previews are way misleading; this is a far better movie than either let on. It is also not a comedy nor a heavy drama, which you may easily have come to think; it is a character study of a woman with deep seeded problems, which problems are aggravated by alcoholism. As can be expected, Theron delivers her role with flair and professional excellence. The direction takes full advantage of all her talents and the use of close-ups in just the right measure and superb timing only enhance that performance.

Further enjoyment of the story comes from a narative by Theron/Mavis, writing and speaking only for the audience to hear when she is at her laptop, the words her alter ego character Kendell says in reflective style, in Mavis' book. That process of writing allows her to express vicariously through Kendell her personal feelings, and explain her desires through the literary figure Kendell. More interesting than straight dialogue, and so flexible, it allows her to spin in the best light, actions and moments that otherwise are not. Artistic license is precious, is it not?

Patrick Watson, a very busy actor, who impressed the hell out of me with his co-starring role in 'Hard Candy', only had a sort of supporting role here; he did a good enough job (opposite Theron, one would be outshined). The surprise I thought, and I like good surprises, was the role of, and performance by Patton Oswalt. He is also a busy actor but not one who we associate with dramatic roles; in this movie, he shines in a dramatic character role. What a delightful surprise. The writing, by Diablo Cody, a writer who is making a name for herself, was in good part the reason for Oswalt's performance. The critics were good for this movie and I'm obviously in agreement.
  17. Apr 25, 2012
    A brilliant as much as realistic depiction of modern society's fears and psychosis, especially for this part of the populace that had grown up in idyllic nineties. Sharp and cynic throughout, with a fantastic performance from Charlize Theron, one of the better actresses of her era, the film hasn't really a dull moment. It portraits the disillusion, to the point of madness of the previousA brilliant as much as realistic depiction of modern society's fears and psychosis, especially for this part of the populace that had grown up in idyllic nineties. Sharp and cynic throughout, with a fantastic performance from Charlize Theron, one of the better actresses of her era, the film hasn't really a dull moment. It portraits the disillusion, to the point of madness of the previous generation and scorns what we know as beautiful people, without losing touch with its comic side. It is scary realistic at times and I could really see myself in many moments of the film. Expand
  18. Apr 4, 2012
    This is the best movie of the year. Charlize Theron deserves an oscar for her performance. A funny and very sad story that is engaging to the last minute.
  19. Mar 14, 2012
    OMG! This is a new classic, and why is the reason? Is fantastic, have much interesting stories, with an excellent cast, the rhytm is great. Young Adult is not the best film of Jason, but is interesting, and funny.
  20. Mar 2, 2012
    Young Adult touches so close to home for me, not being able to let go. One can't help but to ponder and contemplate the supposedly glorious days of the past and reflect on our past mistakes, on what could've been and what should've been. The opportunity that we're given now in the present is all that matters. The past is in the past, we just have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves offYoung Adult touches so close to home for me, not being able to let go. One can't help but to ponder and contemplate the supposedly glorious days of the past and reflect on our past mistakes, on what could've been and what should've been. The opportunity that we're given now in the present is all that matters. The past is in the past, we just have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and get ready for what lies ahead. Our best years are still ahead of us, it's time to look into the future, start a new chapter. Life, here I come. Expand
  21. Feb 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Young Adult is a comedy like no other. It's well written with plenty of laughs and something we can all relate to. Mavis Gary (Charlize Theron) is a successful author of a young adult series who, after escaping her small hometown, lives in the city of Minneapolis. After receiving an email that her high school boyfriend, Buddy Slade (Patrick Wilson), who is married to Beth (Elizabeth Reaser), had a kid, she somehow she gets the idea of returning Mercury, Minn. and getting him back. While she's back in her hometown she also reunites and develops a weird relationship with her fellow classmate Matt (Patton Oswalt), who was involved in a hate crime his senior year.

Mavis is an alcoholic who is yes, somewhat crazy. The only person who seems to realize and understand this is Matt, played by Patton Oswalt who gives an exceptional performance. The relationship created between the two is unlike so many others and interesting to watch grow. Mavis is such an unlikeable character with an incredibly ugly personality who doesn't seem to learn from past mistakes or realize that she needs to grow up. Charlize Theron is at her best with every shot she takes down and every disgusted look on her face, she is fascinating to watch. Young Adult is definitely one of the best comedies of the year.
  22. Feb 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is nothing to like about Charlize Theronâ Expand
  23. Jan 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mavis Gary could easily pass for a much younger woman, but she gives herself away, soon after receiving a baby announcement from an old beau via e-mail, in the opening sequence of Young Adult. A person in their twenties, disdainful of old media, would be satisfied with keeping the image on the screen. Today's generation aren't as hands-on as prior ones, who were raised on Polaroids and Kodak. Mavis downloads the infant. She prints it out, because people of a certain age are tactilely-oriented; they like to hold things. Mavis goes outside on the patio with the papery child and reads the documented photograph like a text. She deconstructs. The fanciful woman reads between the lines, and against the grain, thereby deluding herself into believing an alternate narrative in which Buddy needs to be rescued from the domestic trappings of a small-town she surmises as being hell. Mavis is a searcher. Not for nothing does Young Adult evoke Native Americans through her old school's nickname. Mavis loathes the Mercury townsfolk, or in other words, Indians(formerly the "Injuns"), whom she abandoned so long ago. The filmmaker sees her as a John Ford cowboy; she's Ethan Edwards(John Wayne) and Buddy is her "Little Debbie"(Natalie Wood), the "hostage" that she's going to take home with her. 2011 is the new 1956. The MINI Cooper is her horse. Quite pointedly, the first line of "The Concept" makes reference to her outlaw image: "She wears denim wherever she goes." Later in the song, the lyric "says she likes my hair 'cause it's down my back," suggests the Indian in Mavis, since long hair for Indians is representative of a strong spirit. Her old flame's short hair, in a sense, empowers Mavis with the idea that Buddy will put up no resistance against such practiced feminine wiles. "The Concept" was the signature track off one of Buddy's old mix-tapes that Mavis plays repeatedly on her long drive back to the "reservation". He must have owned the album Bandwagonesque. Incidental or not, the root word "bandwagon", defined as "a wagon which carries a band of musicians in a parade," has connotations to the old west, through the traveling show "Buffalo Bill's Wild West", put on by William Frederick Cody, who also starred in The Scouts of the Prairie, an 1876 stage play that gave birth to the western myth. Mavis' bout of obsessive nostalgia over the Teenage Fanclub song not only has a harmful effect on her emotional development, but it also calls into question our affection for the past, a troubled history filled with unrepentant racism. As late as the early-nineties, this fictional high school used a racial slur to identify themselves. In The Searchers, Debbie, a full-fledged member of the Comanche tribe, is married to Scar, as are several other women. Beth, Buddy's wife, perchance, plays the drums(an instrument that is heavily prevalent in Native American culture), and wears a Breeders t-shirt(a "half-breed" reference), in an all-woman band that indirectly references the Comanche chief's wives. By covering "The Concept", Nipple Confusion steals the song back from the cowgirl, who appropriated it as the song of the "white woman" when she left Mercury. Now the song belongs once again to its rightful owners. Suddenly songless, the hopeless, albeit psychotic, romantic, perhaps, with some distance, now realizes that "The Concept" smacked more of being a break-up song. "I didn't want to hurt you," goes the refrain, which raises the question: Exactly why did Mavis leave her old stomping grounds? In The Searchers title song, the singer asks, "What makes a man to wander? What makes a man to roam?" At a baby-naming ceremony, we find out, when Beth spills red wine on Mavis' blouse(read: the Indian slays the cowboy), propelling the big-shot city girl to reveal that she had lost Buddy's baby, which casts this flinty woman in a whole different light. At 20, while still a young adult, Mavis was apparently ready to bear children, unlike Juno, or Mark Loring, the adoptive parent who flakes out on the titular teen. Uncannily, Mark just happens to be a perfect match for this thirty-something adolescent, with his comic book collection and rock star aspirations. To escape the pain of her personal loss, she fled. It's no accident that Mavis befriends Matt, "the hate-crime guy", upon her return from Minneapolis. She dovetails with the disabled survivor, because it should've been him, not the queen bee, who needed reinventing. Mavis could have gone on to rule Mercury beyond high school, in perpetuity, and be perfectly happy. The queen bee invented her ambition. Still grieving, Mavis doesn't realize that, by some standards, she's led a very successful life. But despite being a published writer, motherhood still haunts her. Playing a monster without the makeup, Mavis would have never given Aileen Wuornos the time of the day, but like the serial killer, all she ever wanted was to be loved. Expand
  24. Jan 22, 2012
    As a huge fan of both Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody, I definitely had high expectations for Young Adult. I was not disappointed in the slightest. Charlize Theron does a wonderful job as the film's disturbed and eternally dissatisfied lead. The movie is heavily sprinkled with hilarious quippy remarks and quirky details. The subtle trichotillomania scenes really got me. To be cliche, thisAs a huge fan of both Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody, I definitely had high expectations for Young Adult. I was not disappointed in the slightest. Charlize Theron does a wonderful job as the film's disturbed and eternally dissatisfied lead. The movie is heavily sprinkled with hilarious quippy remarks and quirky details. The subtle trichotillomania scenes really got me. To be cliche, this movie was a bit of an "emotional roller coaster". If you are a Jason Reitman/Diablo Cody fan, definitely go see it, it was, in my opinion, excellent. Expand
  25. Jan 9, 2012
    This film does not offer a clean-cut ending. You're left wondering whether Theron learned an important lesson or whether she's receding into the delusional life-style of the urban dream. It's certainly not a film that will appeal to the blockbuster crowd. HOWEVER, the acting is exceptional and the story is compelling. The character's motives are ambiguous, and intentionally so. Diablo CodyThis film does not offer a clean-cut ending. You're left wondering whether Theron learned an important lesson or whether she's receding into the delusional life-style of the urban dream. It's certainly not a film that will appeal to the blockbuster crowd. HOWEVER, the acting is exceptional and the story is compelling. The character's motives are ambiguous, and intentionally so. Diablo Cody has clearly graduated from Juno to a subtler level of film-making that a sympathetic (albeit perhaps pretentious?) crowd will appreciate. If you saw Hugo and absolutely loved it, this film is a perfect counterpart to take you back down to earth. Expand
  26. Jan 5, 2012
    A week has gone by since I have seen Young Adult and I still can't get this movie out of my head. Charlize Theron gives unarguably one of the best performances of the year that deserves Oscar attention. Patton Oswalt is superb in a supporting role but is a long-shot in a crowded field of veterans vying for a supporting Oscar nom. This is Reitman and Cody's most refined and mature piece ofA week has gone by since I have seen Young Adult and I still can't get this movie out of my head. Charlize Theron gives unarguably one of the best performances of the year that deserves Oscar attention. Patton Oswalt is superb in a supporting role but is a long-shot in a crowded field of veterans vying for a supporting Oscar nom. This is Reitman and Cody's most refined and mature piece of work, and I for one would like to see them work together more often. Theron gives such a savagely sad and at times **** performance that you can't believe this train wreck is unfolding in front of you, yet it's almost impossible to look away. She makes Mavis sympathetic and relatable and each scene is set up and executed in a delicate and realistic manner. The front-lawn scene is what makes the film, in my opinion and Theron NAILS it. Young Adult has all the makings to becoming a cult classic and I for one am thrilled about it. Expand
  27. Jan 4, 2012
    Young adult is a dark comedy done more than right. Delusional, diabolical, sad, are all characteristics that permeates through our flawed-hero, Mavis Gary (Charlize Theron), who is trying to rekindle a romance with her ex-boyfriend, who is now a family man. Reitman's direction is subtle and effective, but the real star here is Diablo Cody, who writes a pitch-black character study that goesYoung adult is a dark comedy done more than right. Delusional, diabolical, sad, are all characteristics that permeates through our flawed-hero, Mavis Gary (Charlize Theron), who is trying to rekindle a romance with her ex-boyfriend, who is now a family man. Reitman's direction is subtle and effective, but the real star here is Diablo Cody, who writes a pitch-black character study that goes outside conventional story telling. The other star is Charlize Theron, who delivers a convincingly "unlikable", cool, and complex performance. This is not the sort of film in which characters grow and change for the best, it takes a different route (for better or worse), which is why it boldly stands out from the rest. Expand
  28. Jan 3, 2012
    I always wondered what happened to that girl from high school. You know the one, her locker was right next to yours for four straight years, but she never knew your name. She spent more time staring into the pocket mirror attached to the inside of her locker than at any of her classmates. She was homecoming and prom queen, she was socially above the common man, and all she wanted to doI always wondered what happened to that girl from high school. You know the one, her locker was right next to yours for four straight years, but she never knew your name. She spent more time staring into the pocket mirror attached to the inside of her locker than at any of her classmates. She was homecoming and prom queen, she was socially above the common man, and all she wanted to do was see your small town in her rearview mirror as she escaped to the big city after graduation. Luckily for us, director Jason Reitman and screenwriter Diablo Cody have reconnected (they first worked together on Juno) to let us know exactly what happened to that girl from high school.

Mavis (Charlize Theron) is now 37, lives in Minneapolis, and is a ghostwriter for a young adult series (think Sweet Valley High) whose popularity is in severe decline. She wakes up every morning severely hung over from the night before, ignores her pocket-sized dog, and always has a dating website open on her web browser while she attempts to writer her next chapter just in case she gets a notification of a potential match. In other words, Mavis is not doing very well. An unexpected e-mail shakes her out of her stumbling stupor one morning when a birth announcement arrives from her long ago high school ex-boyfriend Buddy Slade (Patrick Wilson); he is now the father of a brand new baby girl.

Events are now set in motion as Mavis impulsively packs a suitcase, drives a few hours to her old and small hometown, and aims to break up Buddy and his wife Beth (Elizabeth Reaser). With no evidence whatsoever, Mavis just knows Buddy is unhappy in his marriage and longs to be rescued by the one girl he was meant to be with, Mavis. She considers the institution of marriage as a disease, a problem which can be cured through a quick divorce. Mavis also brings her old habits back to town with her; she continues to wake up slobbering drunk every morning, wears revealing clothes which would not only seem out of place in Minneapolis, but downright foreign in small town America, and whether intentionally or just plain out of habit, talks down condescendingly to anyone who never left town the way she did.

While guzzling one of her many double whiskeys at a local dive bar one night, Mavis runs into Matt (Patton Oswalt), a guy who she barely remembers from school. Matt reminds her his locker was right next to hers for four years and through a combination of proximity and drunkenness, Matt becomes Mavis
  29. Dec 29, 2011
    An all-too-real look into the life of a young adult struggling to find purpose and stimulation. This film is appropriately uncomfortable at times, as Charlize's character is so tragically beautiful as she not only lacks confidence but also direction. A very relatable film that is capable of giving proper perspective to the viewers who are brave enough to see a bit of themselves in the mainAn all-too-real look into the life of a young adult struggling to find purpose and stimulation. This film is appropriately uncomfortable at times, as Charlize's character is so tragically beautiful as she not only lacks confidence but also direction. A very relatable film that is capable of giving proper perspective to the viewers who are brave enough to see a bit of themselves in the main character. Expand
  30. Dec 28, 2011
    Young Adult is a film that ,at times, is both dramatic and comical, succeeding in both areas. Charlize Theron once again delivers a fantastic performance that alone helps to create an entertaining, albeit somewhat cringe-worthy, film about growing up and admitting one's faults.

1. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    Jan 30, 2012
    Smart, honest, sickeningly funny and supremely well judged in the writing, direction and acting.
    The movie spreads bad vibes like a virus.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Williams
    Dec 16, 2011
    Clear-eyed, fearless and ferociously funny, Young Adult is mature filmmaking.