Lionsgate | Release Date: August 23, 2013
7.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 232 Ratings
Watch Now
MikefromAngusFeb 12, 2014
The movie started off extremely slow, but I kept on watching hoping it would get better. But it didn't. The movie has no scares, only laughs. watching this movie, it remind me of home alone and then at the end turns into a Rambo!
EludiumQ36Jan 19, 2014
Slow pacing at the beginning forced me to FF alot until the killing began and then it was a soul-numbing blood-bath of psychotia. This type of film may work for some but not for me.
bigfoot6463Sep 27, 2013
This movie has a great plot, I will give it that. But there was nothing to look forward to since the whole plot was revealed so soon in the beginning of the movie. Plus the fact that the acting was terrible. If you have money to waste andThis movie has a great plot, I will give it that. But there was nothing to look forward to since the whole plot was revealed so soon in the beginning of the movie. Plus the fact that the acting was terrible. If you have money to waste and time to kill, go watch it. Then you will see that this movie could have been a classic if it had much better actors in it and the plot was not given away so soon. So in short, the movie needs totally revamped. This is nothing more then a B rated movie gone wrong. Expand
csw12Jan 3, 2014
The movie is a complete joke. It reveals itself so early in the film, that the last half hour is nothing more than a bunch of gruesome deaths. The acting was actually scarier than the film and the entire premise was foolish.
StriderKiwiAug 26, 2013
Bad editing. Bad writing. Bad cinematography. Bad acting. Bad musical score. Bad "plot twists" Bad character development. Bad comedy. Bad mood.

Bad movie.
BrianMcCriticJan 15, 2014
This is just another cheap slasher film that tries to add a slight twist and a little style but overall it fails to add any new ground. The main female character saves this film from an F. D-
Batman97Sep 26, 2013
It is actually criminal that reviewers gave this garbage a good review this is one of the worst movies i have ever seen predictable plot and characters you don't give two about, and come on are guys with goat masks in janitor costumes scary
Now-Hear-Me-OutAug 24, 2013
“It’s a piece of s*** that, from a distance probably looks like a chocolate bar, but when you get closer, you got to come to the terms of fact that this is a f****** piece of s***.”

– Brad “The Cinema Snob” Jones
ramzyx2Aug 27, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay. Let's get this outta the way. This is a Redbox rental...at best. Maybe something you stumble upon searching through Netflix one night. This is definitely not a movie ticket purchase. It's so damn full of cliche and just dumb moments that we've all seen before. I just kept hoping it would turn into something more the entire time, but was disappointed. Some horror movies can be....meh, but at least it was a good time, this wasn't even that. ***SPOILERS START*** What you see in the first scene is pretty much the entire tone of the movie. Period. I mean, the killers' calling card of "You're Next" doesn't even make sense or really apply to anything. It's not like this crew has been on a killing spree and this is their M.O. Just some punks in masks who get hired for a job. The motive for it all is....money? C'mon!!! ***SPOILERS OVER***. Apologies, for not giving a spoiler-free review, because I hate those too, but this movie doesn't deserve the time or effort to be vague. At the end of the day, make your own decision, but I think you should trust my humble opinion and wait for that $1.50 rental. Til next time! Expand
MisterBlackAug 29, 2013
This is by far the Worst movie I have ever seen. I couldn't figure out if it was a Comedy or a Horror movie. The previews you see on tv make it look like its going to be this scary movie and I was so disappointed. Seriously when I readThis is by far the Worst movie I have ever seen. I couldn't figure out if it was a Comedy or a Horror movie. The previews you see on tv make it look like its going to be this scary movie and I was so disappointed. Seriously when I read reviews I say to myself "Oh, everybody is different, I will give it a try" I'm telling you from a person that loves movies, SAVE your money, or wait till you can get it on DVD of you must punish yourself. The name of the movie should be "You're next Sucker, got your money". Expand
MsDefibrillatorAug 17, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terrible acting. Decent plot. The characters continuous screaming and yelling gave me a legit headache and made me want to turn it oft but i needed to see if it got better. Thank god i didn't spend the money to see it in the theatres or i may have left.

The mother obviously had some psychological problems which lead me to feel bad for her, and why would you leave her alone if that's the case!? Anyways, that was taken care of quite fast. One less screaming baby.

The plot was decent, somewhat thought out but there are already so many movies with the same 'twist and turns' the exact same plot. A little frustrating to say the least. Glad i saw it but wouldn't watch it again.

Shut the F up, stop screaming and doing idiodic things.
adamjneveAug 18, 2015
This is the sort of movie that makes you miss MST3K.

This is the sort of movie that makes you miss MST3K.

It's basically Home Alone but with extra screaming, lots of blind panic, and no children. The dialogue (when it isn't just screaming) feels like it was written by someone who had never had a conversation in real life, but desperately wishes he could. The performances brought to the movie feel like they could have been accomplished with a few mannequins, some piano wire, and a PA system. Every piece of writing in this story has been done before and in better movies. Watching it is like opening a container of sour cream that you KNOW has gone bad. You know there's going to be mold, and a stench, and you just want to get it over with so you can throw it in the trash with a clean conscience.