Youth Without Youth

6.2

1. Nov 14, 2010
    What is life? Life is a dream that you can sometimes wake up from and then it is not, there is no dream there is nothing but life, how do you define what you are doing or how you are living by simple means? How do you define where you go, what you do, or whom you meet? What is life but a fleeting thing that begins one moment and then ends the next? However, out of death, there is life andWhat is life? Life is a dream that you can sometimes wake up from and then it is not, there is no dream there is nothing but life, how do you define what you are doing or how you are living by simple means? How do you define where you go, what you do, or whom you meet? What is life but a fleeting thing that begins one moment and then ends the next? However, out of death, there is life and out of life, there is death. There are no clear paths in life except for the ones that we make for ourselves, we try to comprehend the dire state of the situation that we are in, but we do not know the real troubles that this life holds for us. So I ask you if you had the chance to live your youth over again to do it all right to make better choices to change the unchangeable to undo the undoable to make your life something more than what it has turned out, would you?

Francis Ford Coppola's "Youth Without Youth" is a deep, morbid, highly complex, enthralling and mind bending films I have ever seen Coppola has crafted a movie that not only works as a piece of experimental film making but as a piece of expressionism and deep rooted meaning about the true nature of life. How this film plays with the many different emotions is astounding. Throughout the film, there are many questions that Coppola presents for the audience to answer. One of those questions asked is what is there to life and why do us as humans make the choices we do. "Youth without Youth" is an ingenious mix of genres that blends the bleakness of the morals of humanity with the dark and morbid reality of the limitations of life. This film is a fascinating portrayal of how age can be the enemy of our greatest achievements while we may find ourselves loved by millions or have won some prestigious award that makes you famous in time, our accomplishments and the person who achieved them are all but forgotten. In the case of seventy year old, Dominic Matei (Tim Roth) life has seemed to pass him by as a young man he had all the time in the world but now that he has just turned seventy years old it seems like there is no time for anyone or anything. After a lightning bolt strikes the elderly professor, he somehow returned to the days of his youth and given a second chance to rediscover all that time has taken away from him, to rediscover himself, to rediscover love and to finish the work he started so long ago. This film's story and premise so convoluted and disjointed that to try to describe this film would be all but impossible. It is kind of like describing the plot of â
  2. ZakiyaK
    May 3, 2009
    This is one of the most intriguing movie I have ever experienced. It was so immense and captivating. I was drawn into the storyline and felt each scene as unfold.. Professor Dominique's character was so immmensed and realistic. I loved this movie so much! Thank you Francis Coppola.> This was a masterpiece creation.
  3. HenriqueL
    May 28, 2008
    A enormous work, hard shoting, maybe too long, explendid dry flowers, starring Alexandra Maria Lara.
  4. RezG.
    May 12, 2008
    I think The Visual version of this novel which written by Caplavoro Di has done , I'm not a fan but I learned so many things from this Production .
  5. zeynep
    Mar 23, 2008
    It is a film which you cannot fully comprehend while watching it but for me it made sense after visiting the website and reading Coppola's comments on the symbols , the dual personality and the choice of love over knowledge. I believe Coppola has made a very universal theme complicated, artful, not so easily comprehended by just seeing the film. It made me think which i mostly like It is a film which you cannot fully comprehend while watching it but for me it made sense after visiting the website and reading Coppola's comments on the symbols , the dual personality and the choice of love over knowledge. I believe Coppola has made a very universal theme complicated, artful, not so easily comprehended by just seeing the film. It made me think which i mostly like in movies.There's a very smooth story line and i loved the fact that veronica realized laura's wish of helping him finish his work of a lifetime but again he chose love over knowledge. With all his supernatural abilities which may lead to the realization of his dream, he chose love. That is a lesson itself.It is a very simple theme shot so artistically. Depressed it is but I don't believe it's vague. Expand
  6. Enrique
    Feb 21, 2008
    An essentially playful cinematic work of art. I noy totally convincing, it provides an unforgettable cinematographic/visual experience. If you want action, go see another flick.

1. How's this for a ringing endorsement: Watching Youth Without Youth, Francis Ford Coppola's first film in nearly a decade, is like taking a philosophy exam. A really tiring philosophy exam, where the questions are elegantly phrased but damn confounding and not really conducive to right answers.
  2. Unfortunately, "Youth" becomes so lost in its own conceptual, convoluted vortex, it becomes virtually incomprehensible. Coppola proves that even the best of our film artists can lose sight of what this medium is all about: entertaining, enlightening and including its audience.
    Tt is a comeback, and if it leads the director to better work, it can be forgiven as a warm-up.