8.1

1. Feb 11, 2011
    Great zombie comedy/horror film besides Shaun of the Dead. Jesse Eisenberg is great and Woody Harrelson is funny.
  2. Jun 1, 2012
    More Funny Than Scary!
    Still A Really Good Movie!
  3. Feb 10, 2014
    If you like Shaun of the Dead then you'll love Zombieland. It is the best zombie-film yet and as well as being filled with horror, gore and action it is also filled with comedy.
    One great thing about the film which really stands out is the writers choice of characters. For example the main charcter, Columbus, (Jesse Eisenberg) is a very good charcter because he's scared of loads of things like the rags people use to clean tables. These silly fears that Columbus has make him seem weak and keep the viewer wondering if he'll survive Zombieland. Little Rock (Abigail Breslin) and Wichita (Emma Stone) are also great characters who keep you interested because they're not very trustworthy, which makes you wonder which is harder for the last survivors of Zombieland to trust eachother or for them to survive the flesh-eating zombies?
    The film also shows you the personality of these charcters in a very unique and entertaining way. It shows the personality of Columbus in a funny and action-packed scene which ends with him being chased by a zombie. This chase scene is not only action-packed but also funny and very gory. The film also shows the personality of Little Rock and Wichita in a very unique and funny way which tells us what they used to do before the world got taken over by zombies. This scene is funny but there is no action or gore in it which the viewer might be expecting after they've seen the gory way Columbus' personlity was introduced. So this scene is funny but it can leave the viewer feeling unsatisifed.
    The film's plot is also quite simple which stops the viewer from feeling confused and lost. The plot is that the world has been taken over by zombies and Columbus is one of the last survivors. Soon Columbus finds Tallahasse (Woody Harrelson) who is also a great character because he is seen as a man who is hell-bent on killing zombies and also has a big weakness. Together they find Little Rock and Wichita just after an exhilirating fight scene between Tallhasse, Columbus and three hungry zombies, who are trying to get to a place which is rumoured to have no zombies in it.
    But one bad bit of the film is shortly after the scene where the gang decide to live in Bill Murray's house. After this scene the film gets very slow and starts to lack action. Although during these scenes the film does try to keep the viewer entertained by throwing in a few funny jokes.
    On the other hand the end scenes of the film more than make up for this boring mistake. During these last scenes the viewer is kept on the edge of their seat by the thrilling chase scenes which are made even better by the magnificent special effects. These scenes re-emphasise how dangerous Zombieland is and leave you wondering if the four will survive.
    I would give this film 9/10 and I defintely would recommend it to fans of Shaun of the Dead and other horror/comedy films.
  4. Oct 24, 2010
    The greatest comedy of the decade!! Forget the Hangover. I've never seen a zombie movie before, but after watching this, I've become addicted to them!! A fun blast, this movie has many awesome factors. Right from the start, it plunges you right into the simple but hilarious plot. After explaining the hilarious rules, it shows some of the best slo mo I've ever seen. Then, it shows you theThe greatest comedy of the decade!! Forget the Hangover. I've never seen a zombie movie before, but after watching this, I've become addicted to them!! A fun blast, this movie has many awesome factors. Right from the start, it plunges you right into the simple but hilarious plot. After explaining the hilarious rules, it shows some of the best slo mo I've ever seen. Then, it shows you the characters and launches you into the story. First off, the cast is brilliant. The badass Woody Harrelson, the nerdy Jesse Eisenberg, the smoking hot Emma Stone, and the sassy Abigail Breslin all bring comedy and heart to this movie. Second, the script and dialouge are witty and hilarious. Third, the gore and action are great. The ways they figure out how to kill the zombies are original and hilarious!! Overall, standing out as its own movie rather than just a Romero tribute, Zombieland features a great cast, a great script, and great action than makes it a total blast!!! Expand
  5. Aug 19, 2010
    World taken over by Zombies, surviving teenager gets ride from Zombie killer, goes after Twinkies, meet some girls, Zombiefest!
    Very well done comedy horror (people are calling it the US Shaun of the Dead) with an excellent script, great set pieces and OTT gore.
    Never takes itself seriously, moves at a decent pace, killer cameo & has a tremendously good soundtrack.
  6. Oct 9, 2010
    The humor in this movie makes up for the lack of a plot and therefore i give it a 9 because the humor is everything in a movie and i love it but i deducted a point because the plot wasn't very good and i gave it a 9 because Tallahassee is awesome and i love columbus he is a nerdy little spit *#%$ and i love him for that and the humor in this movie is really good
  7. Jan 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Zombieland: A darn good zomcom From the opening moments, you know this film is gonna be one fun ride. Zombieland shows the ongoing zombie apocalypse, from the point of view of four characters. Nervous Columbus is the typical unlikely hero, but he and his list are entertaining to watch, especially when the many items pop up at various places throughout the movie. Woody Harrelson basically steals the film as gun-toting, Twinkie loving Tallahassee. His dialogue sparks. The revealation that he lost his son really makes you feel for the character. The sisters, Little Rock and Witchita, run cons on the two males many times through the movie, with them stealing the boys trucks three times. Their chemistry really sparks, and you believe that these two could be sisters, as they set off through the zombie wasteland to visit the theme park they enjoyed back in happier times. And the cameo! Bill Murray appears, scaring Tallahassee and Witchita as he pretends to be a zombie. His cameo was seriously genius, making you laugh throughout all of his scenes. Tallahassee going all geek boy during meeting him is funny as, with them smoking from a bong, to dressing up as ghostbusters. Shame Columbus accidently shoots him, thinking he was really a zombie. To be honest, if Zombies do infest the world, there should be a lot more. Especially running to Tallahassee when hes unloading bullets after finding the redneck truck. Also, some of Columbus' early dialogue had me cringing a bit. The finale: Fighting zombies at the amusement park, from Talahassee on the rollercoaster to locked in the booth whilst surrounded, this ranks up there with the best film zombie fights. Gotta love when the zombies chasing after Columbus get hit by the swinging ride (dunno its name). And the zombie clown. Win! All in all, this was a brilliant zombie film. If it wasn't for Shaun Of The Dead, this would be the best zombie comedy film. Oh well Expand
  8. Dec 13, 2010
    This movie is a must see for any and all zombie fans. There is wonderful camera work, chemistry between the actors and some fantastic zombie effects. Let's not forget the generous nods to great horror flicks of old, and a very special cameo. It's fun and witty, and is one of my new favorite films. Go see this, it is worth every bit.
  9. Mar 9, 2011
    While it misses some opportunities to be funny, it's still a fantastic zombie movie do to the actors, they actually are believable because they act like real people (except maybe Tallahassee), this is still one of my favorite zombie movies, and a must see for fans of the genre.
  10. Dec 27, 2010
    Maybe if comedy movies are like this, critics will respect its genre and can get a highly positive review. Every elements in this movie is perfect. All casts ensemble each character in a great way. The zombies were funny and scary. Its very different to all zombie movies, maybe because it is comedy. No thanks to movies of Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer because its kinda rough andMaybe if comedy movies are like this, critics will respect its genre and can get a highly positive review. Every elements in this movie is perfect. All casts ensemble each character in a great way. The zombies were funny and scary. Its very different to all zombie movies, maybe because it is comedy. No thanks to movies of Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer because its kinda rough and stupid. "Zombieland" is better than "The Hangover", I can say. I hope the sequel will still average the goodness of its predecessor. Expand
  11. Feb 26, 2011
    ZOMBIES! What else do you need to know? Has to be one of the best zombie flicks out there. AWESOME music, AWESOME cast, AWESOME effects. Dont get much better then this. If you like blood and zombies then this is purely right down your alley.
  12. May 2, 2011
    Twinkies, zombies, Woody Harrelson playing a total badass and two hot chicks. Plus a nerdy computer geek. What could possibly go wrong. When I first saw the trailer back in 2009, I thought it was just another dumb comedy movie, but instead I was given eye candy every minute, and loved it enough to include it in my countdown of my top favorite movies of all time. Ruben Fleischer shouldTwinkies, zombies, Woody Harrelson playing a total badass and two hot chicks. Plus a nerdy computer geek. What could possibly go wrong. When I first saw the trailer back in 2009, I thought it was just another dumb comedy movie, but instead I was given eye candy every minute, and loved it enough to include it in my countdown of my top favorite movies of all time. Ruben Fleischer should receive a medal. In the words of Tallahassee, time to nut up or shut up! Expand
  13. May 15, 2011
    hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah funny movie. Jesse eisenberg is great. woody harrelson always will be great. Bill Murray was hilarious.
  14. Jul 30, 2011
    Completely innovative and refreshing using a completely stale and unimaginative setting -- a Zombie Apocalypse. The character development was satisfying and the comedy was very entertaining. This is still one of my favorite comedies in my 22 years of living. The chemistry between Harrelson and Eisenberg is one that I hope to see again in the near future.
  15. Sep 17, 2011
    All I can say is, firgin hilarious!!!! Very quotable. I find myself accidentally reciting lines from this movie all the time. Good flick to own and enjoy more than once.
  16. Aug 18, 2012
    A great zombie movie, who knows comedy and horror merge in the right dose, no words to describe, everything fits perfectly in this film, you want excitement? watch this movie, you want comedy? watch this movie, you want to terror? watch this movie!
  17. Mar 31, 2013
    Finally something has come along to rival the brilliance of Shaun of the Dead. Zombieland stars Jesse Eisenberg, Wood Harrelson, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin as they embark on finding a safe zone away from their post-apocalyptic nightmare, but all the trouble isn't necessarily from the undead.
    Eisenberg narrates an ingenious script, outlining different ways to stay alive, such cardio, in other words out-running the undead, all these 'rules' run throughout the film and are simply hilarious, another being to enjoy the little things of there no longer being any rules on earth.
    Each character is never properly named in the film, instead being named after where they are from or going to, Eisenberg is Columbus, who runs into Tallahassee (Harrelson), a larger than life man who appears to have been anticipating such an occurrence, he is longing for a Twinkie, and will not stop bashing the heads of obese zombies until he finds one.
    They run into Wichita (Stone) and Little Rock (Breslin) who are con artists, and quite good at it. They manage to steal the two mens truck, but it is short lived and they all end up embarking on a journey to Pacific Playland in LA, allegedly free of zombies.
    Zombieland combines all the apocalyptic elements of a zombie film but sweetens the film with excellent comedy and wonderfully timed acting.
    Harrelson is brilliant as Tallahassee who is endlessly searching for the one Twinkie, but he also holds a different secret that is torturing him inside. The only performance to rival is brilliant and comedic turn was that of Bill Murray, who has an out of this world cameo as himself, it is just laughter perfection.
    It raises the barrier and takes away the doom and gloom for a while and almost seems to fulfil a bucket list type film that shows what people would like to think they would do when the world was plunged into chaos, wreck shops, steal cars etc.
    The film doesn't change anything in regards to the genre itself, but its brings forward a ver welcome attempt to humorously describe how different people may react to such an occurrence.
    Definitely one of the standout comedies in a while, one that has the heart and soul of characters but with a very surreal genre of how this development comes around, and of course a wonderfully funny Bill Murray cameo.
  18. May 28, 2012
    this movie was awsomely funny it deliverd in every way possible. im glad i payed to see this movie. it had action, comedy, and cutegirls how could any other movie be this good.... beside the Scream Franchise
  19. Jun 9, 2012
    I love the idea of the movie, it is definitely aimed for teenagers and that's what I am. This is the best zombie comedy out there (I don't take this as a horror movie) with it's stereotypical faces and outstanding storytelling (I fell in love with the style).

I didn't wait this movie to be so good when I first time saw it, actually I was shocked about how good it was, I'm an old school zombie movie fan, I mostly watch Romero's movies, but when you have watched them, there's no helping it. And another plus is the rewatching bonus it gives, this is a movie you can watch alone, with friends or even with family, and it does always give good laughs.
  20. Aug 25, 2012
    A phenomenal film which belongs in the same league as Shaun of the Dead when comparing horror/comedies. Woody Harrelson was fantastic as was Jessie Eissenberg. They complement each other very well and obviously are juxtaposed to Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin. I thought that the pacing as well as the emotional arc suffered by a few of the characters really suited the film. This will surelyA phenomenal film which belongs in the same league as Shaun of the Dead when comparing horror/comedies. Woody Harrelson was fantastic as was Jessie Eissenberg. They complement each other very well and obviously are juxtaposed to Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin. I thought that the pacing as well as the emotional arc suffered by a few of the characters really suited the film. This will surely become an all-time classic. Expand
  21. Nov 23, 2012
    In my opinion this is the perfect film. There is comedy, action, sadness, romance and bromance all rapped up with a well acted believable cast with a well thought out plot to entertain anyone that isn't a complete idiot. I understand that everyone's taste in films is different but anyone who puts rates this film any less than a 7/10 clearly has some personal issues with somethingIn my opinion this is the perfect film. There is comedy, action, sadness, romance and bromance all rapped up with a well acted believable cast with a well thought out plot to entertain anyone that isn't a complete idiot. I understand that everyone's taste in films is different but anyone who puts rates this film any less than a 7/10 clearly has some personal issues with something associated with the film and needs to be ignored because the film itself has very few flaws. I'm not going to list flaws because if I do you will just spend the whole film looking for them and you won't be able to enjoy it properly. I'm not usually one for watching films more than once or twice unless they are very good but I've watched this one at least a dozen times which shows that this is truly the most entertaining film you will see for a long time. Expand
  22. Nov 28, 2012
    Utilizing a killer blend of exceptional humor and eye-catching violence, "Zombieland" is an immaculate modern comedy featuring some utterly lovable characters.
  23. Apr 7, 2013
    A solid comedy blended nicely with Horror to make one heck of a film! I've seen it quite a few times now but it never gets old and it is thoroughly entertaining despite only really featuring four characters, all whom do a great job. There is enough clever comedy in there to keep you laughing, as well as watching out for the zombies ready to give you a good jump! It won't be a film forA solid comedy blended nicely with Horror to make one heck of a film! I've seen it quite a few times now but it never gets old and it is thoroughly entertaining despite only really featuring four characters, all whom do a great job. There is enough clever comedy in there to keep you laughing, as well as watching out for the zombies ready to give you a good jump! It won't be a film for everyone, but I think it's one that most would find it hard not to enjoy! Expand
  24. Jul 9, 2014
    Zombieland is a very funny horror comedy similar to Shaun Of The Dead. The movie is America's version
    of Shaun Of The Dead basically. The cast is fabulous in their roles and the movie never hits a dull or
    uneven moment. Definitely one of the best horror comedies in years.
  25. Apr 12, 2012
    With Zombieland's incredible cast, and its cool, visual style, and Zombieland managing to be funny, scary, and a great action movie. Zombieland brought life back to the Zombie genre. I give this movie 96%.
  26. Sep 21, 2010
    One of the most entertaining movies i've seen in a long time. Along with a great cast comes a simple yet very funny and spectacular plot. Continuous laughter and fun. Very good movie.
  27. Jun 2, 2011
    A little cliche? Sure. But Zombieland is one hell of a good time, in fact, one of the best comedies I have seen in a long time. Thanks to a strong cast and characters, awesome action, awesome dumb slapstick as well as smart dark humor, it is ingenious and entertaining. See it
  28. ScottE
    Nov 8, 2009
    A lot of fun.
  29. RaoulC
    Feb 8, 2010
    Very funny and great movie aswell with the best cameo ever! Woody really is at his best as a but-kicking cowboy meats zombieslayer. If you like black comedy, you're gonna love this!
  30. DanielF.
    Oct 13, 2009
    This movie succeeded at being what it was trying to be, which is something that no one else was trying to be. Its funny, with an adequit dose of gore toward the beginning, and a simple flowing storyline. Did I mention it was funny? Zombieland will be remembered for its hilarious cast of characters and a very impressive cameo toward the middle. I would suggest this to anyone who thinks This movie succeeded at being what it was trying to be, which is something that no one else was trying to be. Its funny, with an adequit dose of gore toward the beginning, and a simple flowing storyline. Did I mention it was funny? Zombieland will be remembered for its hilarious cast of characters and a very impressive cameo toward the middle. I would suggest this to anyone who thinks themselves a fan of zombie movies or anyone who wants a laugh that will stick with them. Expand
  31. zach
    Oct 4, 2009
    This was a lot better than i was expecting. This movie has its jump outs but this movie is flippin hilarious! My favorite zombie movie.
  32. AzmodeusB
    Oct 5, 2009
    Well done, highly enjoyable zombie fun. The whole theater was having a great time, including myself.
  33. KevinD.
    Oct 8, 2009
    I went in with very moderate expectations. Happily every expectation was exceeded. This movie is beautiful, funny, and dripping with style. While Jesse Eisenberg often felt like he was trying to invoke Michael Cera, he did a great job. Woody H. was brilliantly cast and performed the role flawlessly. There isn't a single thing I would change about this movie. Go see it! Best I went in with very moderate expectations. Happily every expectation was exceeded. This movie is beautiful, funny, and dripping with style. While Jesse Eisenberg often felt like he was trying to invoke Michael Cera, he did a great job. Woody H. was brilliantly cast and performed the role flawlessly. There isn't a single thing I would change about this movie. Go see it! Best comedy-zombie film since Shaun of the Dead. Expand
  34. PatG.
    Oct 9, 2009
    Great Movie! Downloaded a crappy version of it and could not wait to see the awesomeness of this film in the theater. Even better!!! Highly recommend.
  35. EricW
    Oct 14, 2009
    Truly a great experience for any zombie enthusiast. I never grew tired of it's comedic moments and the action parts were pretty solid for a zombie film. This movie sits up there with Shaun of the dead on my list of favorite films.
  36. chelseam
    Oct 2, 2009
    Ok when i saw the commercials for this movie i half expected it to be so horrible it was funny but i had to see it. I'm glad i did i really love the movie. I laughed through out the whole thing and so did my dad and everyone else in the crow. Definitely a movie ill have to buy when it comes out.
  37. tibetanpunk
    Dec 8, 2009
    This is one of the only movies I have paid the over-priced entry fee into a cinema to see in recent years were I have come out not feeling ripped off. That's all I have to say.
  38. ChadS.
    Oct 3, 2009
    If the best thing about "Zombieland" was the zombies, and the gross-out factor of the cannibalism practiced by the walking dead, this latest entry in the horror subgenre(popularized by George Romero), would be just another ripoff, another brainless brain-eating spectacle. Billed as a comedy, thankfully, the laughs that this rollicking film generates aren't always edgy laughs, an If the best thing about "Zombieland" was the zombies, and the gross-out factor of the cannibalism practiced by the walking dead, this latest entry in the horror subgenre(popularized by George Romero), would be just another ripoff, another brainless brain-eating spectacle. Billed as a comedy, thankfully, the laughs that this rollicking film generates aren't always edgy laughs, an audience's audible stamp of approval emanated out from violent situations, a nihilistic nonchalance over the loss of human(and zombie) life. Although there is some of that, conveyed through the hero's list of rules for survival(during the title sequence), "Zombieland" settles down after it sheds the requisite amount of gore to meet the genre minimum, and achieves transcendency(read: a zombie film for non-zombie fans) from its wide-ranging efforts. That's because a lot of the laughs derive from recognizable human interaction. Anchored by, holy mad cow, an interesting lead, the aptly named Columbus(because this Internet explorer discovers America) nearly relegates the zombies to the sidelines. Columbus discovers people: Tallahassee(Woody Harrelson), Wichita(Emma Stone), and Little Rock(Abigail Breslin); he discovers love(Wichita). One more film with the suffix "-land" in it(the first wasGreg Mottolla's "Adventureland"), and Eisenberg will have completed a coming-of-age trilogy. In those opening moments of "Zombieland", Columbus shows us the ill effects that stem from his reclusive conduct, as he narrates dispassionately about the fallibility of man(too fat, too stingy, too careless) while being victimized by a predatory evil dead onslaught. Late in the film, Columbus comes of age when he learns the value of human life, and amends the "don't be a hero" rule by becoming one. This is the most humane zombie movie ever made. Expand
  39. ThuyT
    Oct 7, 2009
    Best comedy/horror I've seen all year. Tons of hilarious parts and tons of parts that scare you. Great mixed movie.
  40. ShaneA.
    Oct 7, 2009
    Very Good! Funny as well , especially when they go to Bill's house!
  41. Cole
    Oct 8, 2009
    Definitely in my top five favorite movies. I was laughing from beginning to end.
  42. BobS
    Oct 9, 2009
    Not as good as Shaun of the Dead. However that was such a funny movie, that doesn't really matter. The only thing Zombieland is lacking is the zombies themselves. But that isn't a bad thing either. Woody Harrelson's character comes off as a Mr. Burns type, but he develops into a sensitive one. Jesse Eisenberg is funny as a Star Trek nerd, Emma Stone gives a good Not as good as Shaun of the Dead. However that was such a funny movie, that doesn't really matter. The only thing Zombieland is lacking is the zombies themselves. But that isn't a bad thing either. Woody Harrelson's character comes off as a Mr. Burns type, but he develops into a sensitive one. Jesse Eisenberg is funny as a Star Trek nerd, Emma Stone gives a good performance, and I don't quite remember her name but the other girl is great too. The ending is very generic, but the rest isn't. The funniest movie of the year so far, it's very much worth the 10 dollars to get in. Expand
  43. Landonw
    Feb 3, 2010
    Great Horror movie & Comedy too! I like Good Rated R movies, and thier are not many good R Rated movies anymore but pg-13 movies to target family night out. Was a great zombie movies but only flaw was they took the best of the other zombie movies but of course during the movie the cast shot at chest or put themselves in trapped enclosures time & again & youre thinking are they careing Great Horror movie & Comedy too! I like Good Rated R movies, and thier are not many good R Rated movies anymore but pg-13 movies to target family night out. Was a great zombie movies but only flaw was they took the best of the other zombie movies but of course during the movie the cast shot at chest or put themselves in trapped enclosures time & again & youre thinking are they careing about thier lifes? Great Rental and Own if you Like Horror & good script! Expand
  44. AlanR
    Mar 18, 2010
    funny well cast entertaining romp and for any one who thinks its cliche THATS THE POINT its making fun of basically every other zombie movie.
  45. Mr.M
    Oct 10, 2009
    Went to see this today, walked out, bought 11 packets of noodles. I think that says enough but this is one hell of a film, rarely do you find a film of this quality, funny, great action moments and a great plot. Simply amazing.
  46. Keltik
    Nov 20, 2009
    Think Shaun of the Dead, but more like an American comedy than a British one. That's Zombieland in a nutshell. Excellent movie, and definitely worth buying once it comes out.
  47. omegokuo.
    Oct 13, 2009
    Excellent movie. Funny, not too long or drawn out. Best movie I've seen in months.
  48. RickS
    Oct 22, 2009
    Its not just the amazing cast that makes this work - its the fact they dont bother with the boring social commentary - its like watching House of the Dead overkill with extra comedy.
  49. FeliciaN.
    Oct 3, 2009
    Non-stop fun. We laughed out butts off through the whole movie. The cameo was awesome, the action was awesome, the humor was awesome. Worth seeing.
  50. PaulJ.
    Oct 4, 2009
    I love zombie movies. I have to say This is the best zombie movie i have ever seen. I have watch pretty much watched all zombie movies and this is just the best hands down.
  51. JohnL
    Oct 5, 2009
    I don't buy movies when they come out to DVD/BR but if I did this would be at the top of the list. One of the few movies I actually paid to see in theaters and would probably go see again with friends.
  52. ChristinaR.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Great movie. It is for zombie fans and non zombie fans alike. Must see.
  53. AnonymousMC
    Oct 5, 2009
    This movie is terrific. If you have ever seen Shaun of the Dead, you will love this movie. This is more of a Comedy than a Horror movie. Woody Harrelson is FANTASTIC in this movie. He is portraying one of the most memorable characters in years, and you never learn his true name. The character development is fantastic and the plot develops very well. I could shower this movie with praiseThis movie is terrific. If you have ever seen Shaun of the Dead, you will love this movie. This is more of a Comedy than a Horror movie. Woody Harrelson is FANTASTIC in this movie. He is portraying one of the most memorable characters in years, and you never learn his true name. The character development is fantastic and the plot develops very well. I could shower this movie with praise for hours, but I must end this. The only bad thing I have to say bad about this movie, is that it is pretty short. But besides that, this movie will pretty much guarantee to put a smile on your face. Expand
  54. BrandonZ.
    Oct 5, 2009
    This was the best horror comedy since Sean of the Dead. It's just full of comedy action and gore, I enjoyed every second of it.
  55. Natalie
    Oct 7, 2009
    Joy and sunshine wrapped in zombies.
  56. JohnS.
    Oct 7, 2009
    This movie was downright hilarious from start to finish. If you are looking for a great horror movie this is not it. It really is a satirical comedy on the zombie genre. Woody's character suits his acting talents like it did in No Country for Old Men. In this film though he is much more about bravado and humor. If you saw Eisenberg in Adventureland or whatever that movie was called This movie was downright hilarious from start to finish. If you are looking for a great horror movie this is not it. It really is a satirical comedy on the zombie genre. Woody's character suits his acting talents like it did in No Country for Old Men. In this film though he is much more about bravado and humor. If you saw Eisenberg in Adventureland or whatever that movie was called with him being employed at an amusement park then you will be extremely familiar with his performance from the start. The action scenes where zombies are slaughtered by the characters are few and far between. But the filmmakers are creative and polished in making them entertaining and satisfying. I thought the movie was a nonstop entertaining laughfest from start to finish. Expand
  57. JB
    Oct 7, 2009
    Seriously, a magically perfect & well crafted (story & characters) piece of work that will keep you laughing all the way till the end of the movie.
  58. CodiT.
    Oct 8, 2009
    The best zombie comedy ever.
  59. JACE
    Feb 1, 2010
    Rick rhymes with? What was your fave film, Shelock Holmes?! Any why do you idiots fell it necessary to ruin what is possibly one of the greatest cameos ever?!
  60. JoseF.
    Feb 23, 2010
    A very entertaining movie. My fiance begged me to put something else on before the movie started. She ended up loving it.
  61. ConnorK
    Feb 24, 2010
    I don't know what movie you guys were watching, those who rated it so low, but this is a great movie. It's funny and sorry all you fat people that are ticked off by this movie, but yes you would be the first to go. The cast is awesome and Woody is a beast. I loved this movie.
  62. ConnorM
    Feb 5, 2010
    PPL that R8 this 3 or below R either comedy H8ers or lil kids that don't understand jokes that adults understand.
  63. MikeZ.
    Feb 7, 2010
    LOVED every minute of it. very well done. it was funny, with scary parts, but thrilling from start to finish. would love a sequel
  64. AznanN
    Mar 22, 2010
    Most people that negatively rate this film doesn't get it. Its not a zombie movie per se, its a satire about 4 strangers dealing with each other in a post-apocalyptic world which cause happens to be zombies. The comedy in it is how these 4 characters relate to each other so much despite consciously distancing themselves from each other i.e. using places as names. It seems disasters Most people that negatively rate this film doesn't get it. Its not a zombie movie per se, its a satire about 4 strangers dealing with each other in a post-apocalyptic world which cause happens to be zombies. The comedy in it is how these 4 characters relate to each other so much despite consciously distancing themselves from each other i.e. using places as names. It seems disasters pose a strange effect on people with no blood-relations. The force of similar experience causes them to band together like a family. There's also plenty of comedy to be had from Columbus's rule in surviving Zombieland, the zombie themselves and the surprise cameo. This is certainly on par with Shaun of The Dead, if not better. Expand
  65. BenM.
    Nov 10, 2009
    If Shaun of the Dead and Superbad had a baby, it would be Zombieland.
  66. BillE
    Oct 11, 2009
    This was just a fun, escapist movie, that delivered on the promise. I had a smile on my face the whole time. It was exactly what I expected and sometimes that isn't bad thing.
  67. BuckmanB
    Nov 1, 2009
    Best zombie movie ever made! If you like zombie movies, this will be your favorite, hands down. Keep in mind this is not a horror movie, this is a comedy movie.
  68. ChrisR.
    Oct 12, 2009
    Brilliant, just brilliant. Probably the best zombie movie ever. If you like zombies, you'll love this!
  69. JoshF
    Oct 13, 2009
    Nothing short of fantastic. One of the most entertaining and hilarious films I've seen since Tropic Thunder.
  70. TL
    Oct 13, 2009
    Kept me and my friends entertained. One of my favorites of the year definately. Kind of short and got just a little boring during the middle but for the most part it was great. Best American horror/comedy of the year I'd say. The actors did a darn good job and the characters were likable. Grats to the movie makers and thanks for talking of a sequel!
  71. StevenA
    Nov 6, 2009
    I find that quality of a comedy multiplies when it is mixed with another genre. For example, Hot Fuzz mixed comedy with action and it was great. Shaun of the Dead mixed comedy with horror and it was also really good. Zombieland does this, as well. It's a comedy that is mixed with a little bit of horror and a little bit of action. It worked really well with this movie. I will admit I find that quality of a comedy multiplies when it is mixed with another genre. For example, Hot Fuzz mixed comedy with action and it was great. Shaun of the Dead mixed comedy with horror and it was also really good. Zombieland does this, as well. It's a comedy that is mixed with a little bit of horror and a little bit of action. It worked really well with this movie. I will admit it's not as good as Shaun of the Dead, but it does come close. And coming from a western attempt, it should the amount of effort put into it. I would definitely recommend watching it. I want to see it again. Expand
  72. StephenG
    Oct 18, 2009
    Zombieland is really good. I recomend seeing it.
  73. Esme
    Oct 2, 2009
    Awesomely entertaining and funny.
  74. DavidF.
    Oct 2, 2009
    I usually don't like these kind of movies, I mean shawn of the dead was okay but really not all that funny. That said this movie was great, a perfect balance of novel ways to kill zombies/humans and running jokes. The "love story" was not over done and serves to compliment the overall movie without attempting to steal the spotlight.
  75. WadeG.
    Oct 2, 2009
    ZOMBIELAND IS SOOOOO AWESOME! Seriously after I saw Shaun of The Dead I didn't think there would ever be a zombie comedy that could top it but Zombieland blows the door down with a double-barreled shotgun full of awesome. Seriously every scene in the movie leaves you thinking "HOLY S**T" "THAT WAS AWESOME" or "THATS F****N HILARIOUS". [***SPOILER***] And I will not spill the beans ZOMBIELAND IS SOOOOO AWESOME! Seriously after I saw Shaun of The Dead I didn't think there would ever be a zombie comedy that could top it but Zombieland blows the door down with a double-barreled shotgun full of awesome. Seriously every scene in the movie leaves you thinking "HOLY S**T" "THAT WAS AWESOME" or "THATS F****N HILARIOUS". [***SPOILER***] And I will not spill the beans about Bill Murrays part in the movie but I will say its one of the most awesome I cant believe my eyes moments in the whole movie. Honestly if you don't go see this movie you are missing a classic that will be talked about 20 years from now. Collapse
  76. AshtonS
    Oct 2, 2009
    Amazingly well written and put together. Entertaining humor that doesn't get old. There are some awesome one liners. The cameo is fricken hilarious! I would definitely see it again. I will purchase the DVD for sure. It was well worth the $9 ticket. I left the theater happier than when I say Inglorious Basterds, which was an awesome movie too. I enjoyed it more than Shaun of Dead, and Amazingly well written and put together. Entertaining humor that doesn't get old. There are some awesome one liners. The cameo is fricken hilarious! I would definitely see it again. I will purchase the DVD for sure. It was well worth the $9 ticket. I left the theater happier than when I say Inglorious Basterds, which was an awesome movie too. I enjoyed it more than Shaun of Dead, and that is hard to top.. Expand
  77. ChrisS
    Oct 22, 2009
    Zombieland is one of the best movies of the decade. I would recommend seeing it.
  78. MicksK.
    Oct 3, 2009
    Simply amazing, this is the zombie parody people have never expected to be so good.
  79. ChrisG.
    Oct 3, 2009
    Best Zombie film I've seen in 5 yrs. Director sets a nice pace and it flows very well. All the actors had great screen presence and chemistry with one another. Not to mention it is one of the most original zombie screenplays ever written.
  80. MattY
    Oct 3, 2009
    I came into this movie expecting something of a boring, dry comedy; commonly overdone and more reliant on the JUST killing zombies than anything else. Instead this movie blew that right out of the water with an outstanding representation of comedic desperation by Eisenberg and a lesson is ass-kicking by the ever immortal Woody Harrelson . I don't even like zombie movies but this film I came into this movie expecting something of a boring, dry comedy; commonly overdone and more reliant on the JUST killing zombies than anything else. Instead this movie blew that right out of the water with an outstanding representation of comedic desperation by Eisenberg and a lesson is ass-kicking by the ever immortal Woody Harrelson . I don't even like zombie movies but this film rocked; easy recommend. Expand
  81. RicardoWizard
    Oct 3, 2009
    A great movie to see in theaters and to have a fun night out. The action is awesome, the comedy is outright funny and the cameo is one of the best cameos of the entire year. My favorite movie of the year so far.
  82. HollyS.
    Oct 3, 2009
    Better than Shaun of the Dead. Funny from frame 1 until the end!
  83. TylerR.
    Oct 4, 2009
    A hilarious movie with it's share of amazing action sequences. It's gruesome, funny, full of action, and best of all: True to what the Zombie Scenario is like. As you meet each character, they add a new unique personality to the movie, all drawing to it's final epic conclusion. Anyone who loves gore, comedy, action and/or zombies will definitely be thrilled by this movie. A hilarious movie with it's share of amazing action sequences. It's gruesome, funny, full of action, and best of all: True to what the Zombie Scenario is like. As you meet each character, they add a new unique personality to the movie, all drawing to it's final epic conclusion. Anyone who loves gore, comedy, action and/or zombies will definitely be thrilled by this movie. I'm thoroughly disappointed with it's metascore on here. It deserves better. I give this 2 thumbs up and recommend it for anyone (Who can handle lots of gore). Expand
  84. JasonN.
    Lots of fun!!!
  85. MattB.
    Never got boring.
  86. OscarF.
    Unimaginably Funny!!!
  87. Mel
    Oct 5, 2009
    The over-the-top gore had me worried at first, but this movie actually had some great character development and a fun sense of humor!
  88. DougT
    Hilarious. Simply that.
  89. JackC.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Works on pretty much all levels. A hilarious script with four great performances and plenty of cool action/horror sequences.
  90. KeithP.
    Oct 6, 2009
    I like Zombieland. This movie is funny. I laughed a lot when I watched it. I give it a 10 out of 10.
  91. KainD.
    Oct 6, 2009
    You enter the theater with intentions of seeing a hilarious romp through a zombie infested world, and that's exactly what you get. Flawlessly well done.
  92. Adam
    Oct 6, 2009
    nut up or shut up, the funniest movie this year.
  93. AndrewT.
    Oct 7, 2009
    This film the best teen to very young adult oriented romantic comedies I have ever seen. And being from Texas, I can confirm that Garland, Texas really does look like that! Well done Ruben Fleischer!
  94. KenS
    Don't think; just laugh.
  95. SamH
    Jan 17, 2010
    This movie rocked. It's the perfect comedy. It's got zombies, so its a bit scary at some parts, but its also got a lot of humor, and even some romance. This is honesty one of my favorite comedies. It's the right kind of funny with not too much references to sex, like most recent comedy movies.
  96. NickT
    Jan 27, 2010
    This has got to be the best Horror/Comedy film yet. It was mainly a spoof, but didnt go too far with it. Great visual effects, awesome camera angles, and the perfect cast. If only it was just a little more longer.
  97. BillyC
    Feb 12, 2010
    I knew nothing of the movie going in, loved it after "Double Tap". 9 instead of 10 because it was a bit slow in places, but most of the scenes were great.
  98. NathanielD
    Mar 22, 2010
    Brilliant film, homages and paradys at the same time. Some miss jokes but enough brilliant hits to make it up.
  99. MichaelM.
    Oct 11, 2009
    This film is a lot of fun. I'll admit the plot is rather thin, but the goal here is laughs, and they deliver. By the way, Miles L. with his extended vocabulary needs to write a formal essay with examples, because I am racking my brain and I don't know what the fuck he's talking about.
  100. EthanC.
    Oct 12, 2009
    This was one of the most entertaining movies ive seen in forever. It was hilarious and was just fun to watch. Its not the best movie i have ever seen but let me tell you it was very, very entertaining, and like i said before, just fun! So watch it and anybody who doesnt like this movie needs to get a stick out of their ass.

1. Falling closer in tone to "Shaun of the Dead" than "28 Days Later" or the George Romero movies, Zombieland has its tongue planted firmly in its rancid cheek while still delivering the visceral goodies.
  2. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    Benefiting from the very different but very appealing comedy styles of Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg even when the script's wit runs thin, this should be catnip to jaded genre fans.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    Fitfully amusing romp directed with little ambition and even less distinction by first-timer Ruben Fleischer.