1600 Penn : Season 1

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 17, 2012
5.3

1. Jan 24, 2013
    I like the limited premise of this show.....but after 4 episodes, I am bored. I wonder if NBC realized how limited the premise would be. OK, the son "f''s" something up again.....the daughter/mother dynamic....we get it. I don't have to watch the rest of the season to know what will happen next...its already been done.
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    This show seemed to be a slam dunk - original director of Modern Family, a great premise, funny stars. The pilot was a huge faceplant, however. The third act was the President of the US playing tennis against a foreign dignitary and the crowd chanting, "USA"!?!? If this show is going to succeed it has to have some grounded plotlines and let the humor come from the character dynamics. It'sThis show seemed to be a slam dunk - original director of Modern Family, a great premise, funny stars. The pilot was a huge faceplant, however. The third act was the President of the US playing tennis against a foreign dignitary and the crowd chanting, "USA"!?!? If this show is going to succeed it has to have some grounded plotlines and let the humor come from the character dynamics. It's already asking a lot of the audience to believe this family is in the White House, the president is Romney-looking Bill Pullman (with a Black Chief-of-Staff?). I don't think I can stomach another watch. Someone let us know if it gets any better. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    May 29, 2013
    Cute, initially, the bull-in-a-china-shop premise wears a little thin until you realize there are others in the family capable of embarrassing dad, too.
  2. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Jan 11, 2013
    All in all, Skip, an unkempt ball of puppyish energy to whom the writers feed a wealth of good material, is by far the best thing about this show. Jenna Elfman is all right as first lady and the rest of the cast hovers around the edges not making much of an impression.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jan 10, 2013
    The broad comedy in 1600 Penn derives from familiar sitcom clich├ęs being magnified by the Oval Office fishbowl. It's a gimmick that may have trouble holding up to a second term, though the cast is certainly game.