• Network: CBS
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
6.5

1. Owl
    Sep 23, 2011
    Really, critics LIKE this show? The writing was lame. Obvious jokes and conflicts. The leads do have charisma, but they are being fed TERRIBLE lines. And the ethnic stereotyping borders or reaches, the offensive level. The Chinese-American character calls himself Bryce Lee?! Really? Sigh.
  2. Sep 27, 2011
    I chuckled at the pilot, and thought I'd check out episode #2. I'm done with this one already. This is just a typical sitcom with lame, forced jokes, an over-the-top laugh track and not one character worth caring about. Kinda sad to Garrett Morris just sitting there, being fed a weak line or two.
  3. Sep 19, 2011
    I loved this show. Kat is hot and fresh!
    The entire show was funny.....great cast was great. I watched Two and a half men and it was just ok.
    This show has a new perspective on comdey and I liked the interaction of the two girls.
    I am excited for next week!
  4. Jan 11, 2012
    The T.V. show is rough and it is sometimes a little perv, but it makes me laugh, indeed, it is ironic, funny, hilarious, but it fails in the lines. It makes you curious.
  5. Sep 22, 2011
    When I heard about this show I didn't expect much given the fact it stared Kat Dennings. I thought to myself "oh great, another formulaic CBS comedy staring one of my least favorite actresses". Well all of that was true and more.From the get go it was a failed attempt at humor. Kat Dennings was as annoying and lifeless as ever. Her jokes about hipsters were so excruciating I would haveWhen I heard about this show I didn't expect much given the fact it stared Kat Dennings. I thought to myself "oh great, another formulaic CBS comedy staring one of my least favorite actresses". Well all of that was true and more.From the get go it was a failed attempt at humor. Kat Dennings was as annoying and lifeless as ever. Her jokes about hipsters were so excruciating I would have rather my eyeballs be gouged with rusty forks and my ears be hacked off by a dull knife. Not to mention that joke set up some glaring hypocrisies. For example when she got back to her apartment her unrealistic boyfriend's band mates were as equally as hipster as the two people in the restaurant (BTW have you even seen how hipster Kat Dennings is despite her attempts to refute that point). Then the shows premise was executed horribly, meaning the rich and poor stereotypes were atrocious. All of this could have been forgiven. The show could have displayed something to make me want to come back and watch it again but it didn't. The shows format is far from original as are all of CBS' shows. Series like Two and a Half Men and How I Met Your Mother can get away with this because they have the writing to back it up. However with 2 Broke Girls I saw another dud that I hope gets canceled but probably won't. Expand
  6. Sep 21, 2011
    I admit the brunette is very much like a younger version of my old roommate, so that felt real enough. But thank god I'm not an actor otherwise I'd have to constantly be an ethnic stereotype in order to live (and that's a little sad to me). The handful of sitcoms I normally watch aren't the standard/archaic format (Wilfred, Curb your Enthusiasm, Always Sunny), so I was instantly annoyedI admit the brunette is very much like a younger version of my old roommate, so that felt real enough. But thank god I'm not an actor otherwise I'd have to constantly be an ethnic stereotype in order to live (and that's a little sad to me). The handful of sitcoms I normally watch aren't the standard/archaic format (Wilfred, Curb your Enthusiasm, Always Sunny), so I was instantly annoyed by the pace and the laugh track. I want to like it, but that's just not enough to call it good. Ultimately, it's not something I'll keep watching when there's so many other things to see an not much time to do it in. I've already lowered my standards on a couple other mid-range shows so this one's not going to make the cut. 5/10 because the writing had some snap and the brunette is fun to watch. Expand
  7. Sep 20, 2011
    The title "2 Broke Girls" is very appropriate because not only are the girls lacking money but they are also lacking substance. The only thing this show has going for it is Kat Dennings but with the predictable writing and forced jokes makes her seem less entertaining than golf. Just like every CBS comedy, with one exception, "2 Broke Girls" only gets its laughs be throwing 100 jokes atThe title "2 Broke Girls" is very appropriate because not only are the girls lacking money but they are also lacking substance. The only thing this show has going for it is Kat Dennings but with the predictable writing and forced jokes makes her seem less entertaining than golf. Just like every CBS comedy, with one exception, "2 Broke Girls" only gets its laughs be throwing 100 jokes at you and hoping for 5 to work. Due to it's unoriginality and lack of depth, I would be surpised if this show finishes season one. Expand
  8. Sep 24, 2011
    I couldn't sit through this train wreck long enough to meet the second broke girl! The jokes and the show itself were obnoxious . And kat dennings character didn't come across like a strong women, but more of a b'tch. Skip it, dont even bother watching the pilot. watch whitney instead!
  9. Sep 20, 2011
    i enjoy the first episode. interesting lead characters in my opinion. for the show,there are some funny moments and some not so funny moments. however, i see potential in this show. hopefully the writers can come up with some unpredictable jokes.
  10. Nov 15, 2011
    I absolutely adore this show. I never miss an episode. As a college student this show makes my Monday nights much more enjoyable and makes me laugh the entire half hour. I love it.
  11. Dec 30, 2011
    Personally I felt the apparent simplicity of the comedy was one of the best bits of the show. It's straight forward and to the point, and expertly delivered by the main characters; both of which are relatable and like able. I loved it. It's one of few sitcoms which I've watched because I enjoyed it as opposed to it being all that was on or merely ok.
  12. Apr 9, 2012
    One of my favorite sitcoms, the serie is really amazing, the cast, wow, awesome, Kat Dennings have an amazing performance as Max Black, and the relation between the two principal characters are amazing.
  13. Nov 1, 2011
    welll its a really good show funny and well written , there are a lot of things going on and its basically how the two girls react to being broke. its new yory and they are playing of all the broke jokes and well there is a horse in their house which is really dumb.
  14. Oct 20, 2011
    Don't know why the critics love this. It's crap! I couldn't watch for longer than 15 minutes before I just got up and left the room. Honestly...and I'm not joking. Spongebob is funnier...Spongebob, and I stopped watching that YEARS ago. I agree with Owl and Stuie on pretty much every word they said. The jokes are so crappy it's not even funny. Like honestly, even in sitcoms people don'tDon't know why the critics love this. It's crap! I couldn't watch for longer than 15 minutes before I just got up and left the room. Honestly...and I'm not joking. Spongebob is funnier...Spongebob, and I stopped watching that YEARS ago. I agree with Owl and Stuie on pretty much every word they said. The jokes are so crappy it's not even funny. Like honestly, even in sitcoms people don't talk like these girls, with a new joke or sarcastic/"witty" comment EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY OPEN THEIR MOUTH. Saying New Girl is not as good is practically vulgar. At least there is some intelligent and original humor there. Not jokes that we can see coming from a mile away that make me just want to scream at the top of my lungs. Expand
  15. Oct 20, 2011
    2 broke girls is fantastic. Ive watched every episode so far and ive loved every minute of every episode. This show is hilarious. You must watch it, its definitely worth a half hour of your monday night.
  16. Sep 26, 2011
    tried my hardest to make it to the first commercial, my wife loves Kat Dennings' since she was in Nick and Norahs infinite playlist, but this was terrible.

Simple formula, take 'friends', reduce cast to 2, have horrible forced and set up "jokes", pump laugh track = profit? they seem to think so, also she attempts to make fun of hipsters, has she seen herself?
  17. Oct 15, 2011
    Great thing about this new comedy show is that it got story structure for it to continue for at least em, to reach 4 seasons. Absolutely, the 2 lead characters got stunning charisma which enabled the show to enamour a huge audience. Some characters might need to develop more in order to become 'fully-functioning' characters but nonetheless Dennings and Behrs tandem is enough to solidifyGreat thing about this new comedy show is that it got story structure for it to continue for at least em, to reach 4 seasons. Absolutely, the 2 lead characters got stunning charisma which enabled the show to enamour a huge audience. Some characters might need to develop more in order to become 'fully-functioning' characters but nonetheless Dennings and Behrs tandem is enough to solidify the show. With its new concept and promising lead characters, this show might be a frontrunner in comedy television. Expand
  18. Oct 25, 2011
    Going for every obvious joke in the book, the first season of Two Broke Girls provides light entertainment, but nothing more. Two charismatic lead actresses are the main advantage of an otherwise mediocre show which cannot hope to match established comedies like How I Met Your Mother or The Big Bang Theory, and even if it closely trumps Two And A Half Men, it is far from being a must-see show.
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    I can't believe this show is a massive hit. Figures, the idiots of America watch mindless crap like 2.5 Men, America Idol, and Dancing with the Stars. The girls are not that bad to look at but they are very annoying characters. The jokes are terrible. The sexual innuendos are not at all funny and so unoriginal----I heard all these jokes in high school. Example: Girl 1: "I need a good 9I can't believe this show is a massive hit. Figures, the idiots of America watch mindless crap like 2.5 Men, America Idol, and Dancing with the Stars. The girls are not that bad to look at but they are very annoying characters. The jokes are terrible. The sexual innuendos are not at all funny and so unoriginal----I heard all these jokes in high school. Example: Girl 1: "I need a good 9 hours of sleep." Girl 2: "It looks like you need a good 9 incher." Seriously, WTF! The show is filled with these types of horrible innuendos, racist remarks (particularly at the expense of Asians), and unfunny jokes about hipsters. Expand
  20. Apr 21, 2012
    This is one of my favorite shows. I loved how the personalities of the two characters. I loved their sarcasm. For me, this is way better than New Girl, that is also a good sitcom.
  21. Apr 23, 2012
    2 Broke Girls is a great show, i just started watching it and i think it is hilarious, so many of you people just seem to pick apart every bit of the show instead of just watching it the whole thing. Max has a hilarious personality and the things she says and does is because thats how her character is supposed to be, a sarcastic **** its funny. Zoeys new show New Girl is also another good2 Broke Girls is a great show, i just started watching it and i think it is hilarious, so many of you people just seem to pick apart every bit of the show instead of just watching it the whole thing. Max has a hilarious personality and the things she says and does is because thats how her character is supposed to be, a sarcastic **** its funny. Zoeys new show New Girl is also another good show that started up, also really funny.. Keep then going! Expand
  22. Oct 4, 2012
    This show is just amazing! It's really funny, it reminds us of the 90's sitcoms (and in my point of view this is excellent!). It may be kind of shallow for those who dislike stereotypes but guys just face it! Life is full of stereotypes and this show makes pretty a big deal of judging them!!!!
  23. Sep 20, 2011
    Watched a four minute trailer of the pilot last week on YouTube. It was great. And as it happened to turn out, it also contained every funny joke from the entire pilot. This show has the potential to get a lot better if they can tighten up the writing. There's chemistry between the two leads and they're both fun characters in the classic Laverne and Shirley mode. Having them needingWatched a four minute trailer of the pilot last week on YouTube. It was great. And as it happened to turn out, it also contained every funny joke from the entire pilot. This show has the potential to get a lot better if they can tighten up the writing. There's chemistry between the two leads and they're both fun characters in the classic Laverne and Shirley mode. Having them needing to save money for a cupcake business and showing the accumulated tally at the end of the episode seems like a fun little hook. Curious to see how this storyline plays out. However, the supporting characters are thin racial stereotypes who provided zero laughs (for me, at least.) That said, I'll keep watching for now, especially since the few new sitcoms that have premiered so far this year have been so lackluster. (Sorry NBC.) I'd love to see a multi-camera sitcom with the wit and intelligence of Modern Family. This isn't it. But here's hoping it can close the gap. Expand
  24. Oct 14, 2013
    Over a year ago I wrote a review and gave it a zero based on the pure trash and lack of of any originality. Watched 10 minutes tonight to see if any intelligence of any microscopic level may have found its way into the script. Still absolute crap. Actually blows me away that any major network is that desperate and short on alternatives.
  25. Jan 18, 2013
    When spoilt rich girl Caroline loses her fortune following her father's arrest for fraud she gets a job waitressing, much to the annoyance of struggling new co-worker Max who was hoping to claim the extra hours for herself. When Max realises that Caroline is sleeping in the subway she takes her in and the pair soon strike up an unlikely friendship, centred around raising enough cash toWhen spoilt rich girl Caroline loses her fortune following her father's arrest for fraud she gets a job waitressing, much to the annoyance of struggling new co-worker Max who was hoping to claim the extra hours for herself. When Max realises that Caroline is sleeping in the subway she takes her in and the pair soon strike up an unlikely friendship, centred around raising enough cash to start up their own cupcake shop.

The last twenty years has seen the US produce some truly great sit-coms but unfortunately 2 Broke Girls is not one of them, in fact it is an example of pretty much all that is wrong with comedies aimed at a mainstream audience. At times I found this show almost painful to watch with jokes often forced into the script rather than evolving naturally from the situations that arise, one note characters based on nothing but racial stereotypes and an irritating laugh track that only further emphasises the many, many jokes that simply are not funny.

Do yourself a favour and give this one a miss.
  26. Dec 9, 2011
    Kat Dennings: the only reason to watch this show, an actress whose talent are wasted in this mediocre comedy. In fact she is the one who carries the show on her shoulders, because it wouldn't even be "mediocre" without her.

Writing is just horrible, are there any jokes that aren't deeply offensive and racist in this comedy? ...CBS seems to think that as long as you put a laugh track on it, it's funny.... But it's not
  27. Sep 23, 2011
    New , Fresh , Hot , Funny , Crazy , Mad that's all a show needs to go on and 2 broke girls had these all. Different characters , Good Idea , Great Acting , With more funnier stories 2 broke girls have a long future !
  28. Sep 27, 2011
    I enjoyed the pilot episode but it definitely has some work to do. Kat Dennings makes for a great lead, there are some funny moments and its a show I could possibly root for!
  29. Sep 30, 2011
    I enjoyed the first episode. The second didn't live up. I'll give it a few more shots. Not as good as Raising Hope or Parks and Recreation (the best show on TV), but it fits in well with How I Met Your Mother.
  30. Sep 30, 2011
    A Quirky Chick Show that can appeal to both the male and female demographic. Even though the show has cliched plot points (Boyfriend Cheating,Breaking up with your BFF For A Day) the show is still satisfying. The Standout cast Member is Star Kat Dennings (Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist). Dennings is the quintessential Hipster Chick of a Hipster's Wet Dream. She's funny, clever, and theA Quirky Chick Show that can appeal to both the male and female demographic. Even though the show has cliched plot points (Boyfriend Cheating,Breaking up with your BFF For A Day) the show is still satisfying. The Standout cast Member is Star Kat Dennings (Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist). Dennings is the quintessential Hipster Chick of a Hipster's Wet Dream. She's funny, clever, and the dialogue she spews out doesn't feel forced , yet genuine. Produced by Stand up Comedian Whitney Cummings, 2 Broke Girls unlike Whitney's Starring vehicle "Whitney" is actually funny. My Overall Grade is a STRONG 7.5/10. Expand
  31. Dec 13, 2011
    Really bad!! This show is pure crap, not one funny joke. I have watched it twice to try and give it a chance and NO just awful!!!!

Just like 2 and 1/2 men take it off the air!!!
  32. Dec 15, 2011
    This show could be so much better than it is. But unfortunately it just isn't. The two leads do a good job with what they are given, and have great chemistry. But unfortunately, the jokes are ALL about hipsters (outdated), and sex. Also, the laugh track is PAINFUL and as outdated as the hipster jokes.
  33. Feb 3, 2012
    This show is ok but once after 10 minutes the show goes downhill i kinda like it but its awful dont watch this show if u dont want to wast ur time.....
  34. Jan 10, 2012
    I am seriously surprised anyone likes this show. Without even getting into the way that the show leans very heavily on weird ethnic stereotypes, there are some fundamental problems. The dialogue is so unnatural; people do not talk exclusively in the form of setups and punchlines. These characters basically do, with some breaks to deliver dialogue intended to bypass the requirement ofI am seriously surprised anyone likes this show. Without even getting into the way that the show leans very heavily on weird ethnic stereotypes, there are some fundamental problems. The dialogue is so unnatural; people do not talk exclusively in the form of setups and punchlines. These characters basically do, with some breaks to deliver dialogue intended to bypass the requirement of actual character development by having the characters simply state their motivations and backgrounds. "I went to Wharton." This show breaks the rule of "show, don't tell." It's just badly written. The jokes aren't funny either, but that's more subjective. But c'mon, how many jokes about how the rich girl doesn't know how to do ordinary things, or the poor girl is sassy and feisty (with a vagina), or the Asian guy is Asian, or how Brooklyn is full of hipsters, etc. etc. do we need to hear? They are so unsubtle about it. These characters and premises are one dimensional, and the writers don't know how to make them real. And neither do the actors, who seem disinterested at best (with the exception of the blonde girl, who is at least trying, albeit with nothing good to work with). It feels like actors standing around reading lines that they are embarrassed to read. Really, it is just lazy all around. Lazy writing, lazy acting, lazy direction. Expand
  35. Jan 30, 2012
    I love the show! The girls are both funny and entertaining! Great job on a new sitcom! I wish it was longer and started earlier! I can't wait to see the 2nd season!
  36. Mar 22, 2012
    Just like New girl, I was expecting this to be good but it really isn't. It takes the "tell 100s of 'jokes' and hope some of them are actually funny" approach but too few of them are, and the laugh track is over the top. Its all just too forced. None of the characters are good, and its treatment of the Chinese guy is so close to actual racism I'm surprised the actor didn't throw down theJust like New girl, I was expecting this to be good but it really isn't. It takes the "tell 100s of 'jokes' and hope some of them are actually funny" approach but too few of them are, and the laugh track is over the top. Its all just too forced. None of the characters are good, and its treatment of the Chinese guy is so close to actual racism I'm surprised the actor didn't throw down the script and leave. Expand
  37. Mar 24, 2012
    What makes this series entertaining is the opposing personalities between the two main characters. "2 Broke Girls" is filled with one-liners that actually make you chuckle, outrageous situations, and a story line to each episode that actually plays into the comedy. The supporting cast also pleasantly adds to the humor.
  38. May 30, 2012
    Potentially the worst show I have ever seen. Writing is horrible and appallingly uncreative and the acting is just too bad for me to take this show seriously at all. Avoid at all costs.
  39. Apr 23, 2012
    Channel 4 is running this in the UK at the moment. It seems like we've only just finished watching 'The Simple Life' and now the lead character in this sitcom is a thin blonde slumming it for a few bucks. So a fat zero for originality and another zero for being less funny than the original. Not wasting any more time on it.
  40. Apr 18, 2013
    This is one of the most horrible and cliched shows I have ever seen. It bothers so much I had to post here. It is unbelievable it got a 66 here. Shocking even. And the major ongoing theme is CUPCAKES. Lord bless,
  41. Jan 17, 2013
    I love this show, people keep complaining about the sex jokes but i think that they are what give this show **** edge. The pilot and the finale are imparticularly good episodes!
  42. Feb 27, 2013
    Surprisingly it's better than I thought it would be. I can sense that the two girls are having fun while taping the show, which carries over onto their acting. Sometimes it's a bit too "pervy" for me, but that's just part of the show, in general it's a good show to watch and the two main characters make it work. THE only negative thing about it...is the Polish lady.....they need to get ridSurprisingly it's better than I thought it would be. I can sense that the two girls are having fun while taping the show, which carries over onto their acting. Sometimes it's a bit too "pervy" for me, but that's just part of the show, in general it's a good show to watch and the two main characters make it work. THE only negative thing about it...is the Polish lady.....they need to get rid of her, she's annoying as hell and for some reason write her part up to enter as if she's the star of the show? Hello, did I miss something there? Expand
  43. Jun 22, 2013
    The chemistry and contrast between the two main characters is certainly what makes the show what it is, yet there are too many common stereotypes (eg. the short Asian) and occasional racial slurs.
  44. Nov 9, 2013
    This show is very funny and entertaining, however one can only take so many Han short jokes. I like the different adventures the Caroline and max go on, however I feel the plot line is very repetitive.
  45. Jan 31, 2014
    Uncomfortably racist and shockingly dumb. This show seems deluded by the idea that humour is proportional to how loud the delivery is. Is this the worst CBS comedy to date? This reviewer thinks so.
  46. May 15, 2014
    This is a horrible show, nothing about it is funny. the one liners are rubbish, the entire set is typecast characters that don't have the personality of a single human being if you rubbed them together.

The actors don't bring anything to this show, although with the script they have I doubt they have the chance too. Similarly this show doesn't bring anything new to sitcom's. why anyone would want to watch this show when they could re-watch Friends or Coupling instead is beyond me.
  47. Aug 1, 2012
    I have only managed to watch small parts of this. The major turn off has to be the voices of the 2 girls, the combination of both really does grate on me. That and the terrible story.
  48. Jun 13, 2013
    My girlfriend likes this show, and as a result I've seen several episodes. It's not bad, but many of the jokes feel forced and the laugh track is overused. Coupled with the fact that the blonde is a Paris Hilton clone with less intelligence, and the whole show comes off as more annoying than funny.
  49. Mar 30, 2013
    Basically 2 actors who can't act for make un-neccesary dirty jokes that aren't even funny. It's not clever or funny at all and no one in the entire show can act. And the jokes and witty comments are so bad and the characters are so cliche: The horrible pervert guy, the stupid rich blond chick and then there are other characters that I can't figure out like Kat Dennings' character, theBasically 2 actors who can't act for make un-neccesary dirty jokes that aren't even funny. It's not clever or funny at all and no one in the entire show can act. And the jokes and witty comments are so bad and the characters are so cliche: The horrible pervert guy, the stupid rich blond chick and then there are other characters that I can't figure out like Kat Dennings' character, the writers keep changing her personality first sh was a proud strong woman, then she turned into a complete b!tch and one episode she was apparently the high school slut "I have a very good wrist, just ask all the boys I went to high school with," Come one seriously?
    If you watch this show then you will probably be robbed of your brain cells.
  50. Feb 10, 2013
    If you are thinking in starting to watch 2 Broke Girls, please be aware. It's more of the same, laugh-tracked multi-camera sitcom. It giggles? Sometimes. But never entertains.
  51. Apr 4, 2014
    It's like a live action Family Guy/South Park show, joke wise. It's either like it or hate it. The acting is good, interesting story's, perfectly insensitive jokes, and most of all, the 2 leads actually have charisma.
  52. Apr 29, 2013
    This show is not a good representatation of the economy today. It is superfical and not a good representation of the job market and makes it such a laughing matter that it is not funny! Not a fan of this series and not funny in the least. Lots of other shows that were much better. Very disappointed.
  53. May 25, 2013
    Cette série est juste excellente, certes je vis en France mais j'adore la regarder!! Continuez faire des séries telles que celle-ci Les deux protagonistes forment un excellent duo
  54. Jun 4, 2013
    2 Broke Girls is a very funny show. I love the cast, the plotlines, everything. So happy it's going to season 3. I have watched every episode of this show and find it hysterical.
  55. Sep 28, 2013
    I think these girls from williamsburg are very funny. i just bought season1 on dvd and i just can not get enough. You must check it out mondays at 9pm on cbs
  56. Jun 15, 2014
    2 Broke Girls has to be the worst 'comedy' ever created and possibly one of the worst TV shows I have ever seen. At times it is painful to watch and you have to feel sorry for the actors and actresses having to perform such simple and basic lines that aren't even remotely funny.

I have watched many episodes of this over the last few years and have tried in vain to get into it as I am a massive fan of US comedy. Each episode is riddled with the most simplistic and cliched dialogue which is delivered in painfully annoying fashion by Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs. Other cast members are an oddball bunch of equally irritating characters who provide some cringeworthy scenes that aren't funny in the slightest.

The basic premise of this show is two girls women to make it big with their cupcake business but are always poor and have to look at ways to make money. After 70+ episodes and having not laughed once; I am astonished that they have managed to keep this dreadful excuse of a comedy going as there has been no real cast development or story expansion to drive it forward into new areas. The Big Bang Theory has grown significantly with new and suitable characters opening future storylines making way for further laughs but 2 Broke Girls is extremely simple and one-dimensional and fails on every level.

When you look at the people who have worked on getting this show to air; I cannot believe how bad it has turned out. Terrible scripting, cheesy and pathetic acting and a real lack of a story to keep people engaged has ultimately left this show and its actors laughing stocks for all the wrong reasons.
  57. Jan 12, 2014
    2 Broke Girls is an incredibly bad sitcom. Honestly, it is surprising, even upsetting, that this show has survived this long with such great publicity when so many other good sitcoms get cancelled so quickly. Nothing about this show is good, or even decent. The actors are terrible at delivering jokes, but the writing is so bad it would not make much of a difference if they were good. Worse2 Broke Girls is an incredibly bad sitcom. Honestly, it is surprising, even upsetting, that this show has survived this long with such great publicity when so many other good sitcoms get cancelled so quickly. Nothing about this show is good, or even decent. The actors are terrible at delivering jokes, but the writing is so bad it would not make much of a difference if they were good. Worse still, the two characters on the show that are the center of the entire series are the worst written and the most horribly acted. The only positive note I can add is that so many other people agree with me, it reaffirms my faith in the taste of the general public. Expand
  58. Jan 6, 2014
    2 Broke Girls has become one of my favorite TV sitcoms ever. I give it a rating of 9 instead of 10 because I also wish they would leave out the racial jokes. Other than that it's a great show.
  59. Jun 4, 2014
    Kind of fun...reminds me of older sitcoms back when they were funnier-like a 70's show. Good ensemble acting from all involved and some of the jokes are actually funny. Good when you don't want to go out and deal with the dirty & noisy urban world outside. Haven't seen it for a while....maybe they have taken a hiatus. Wonder if they actresses playing the less have ever done standupKind of fun...reminds me of older sitcoms back when they were funnier-like a 70's show. Good ensemble acting from all involved and some of the jokes are actually funny. Good when you don't want to go out and deal with the dirty & noisy urban world outside. Haven't seen it for a while....maybe they have taken a hiatus. Wonder if they actresses playing the less have ever done standup comedy-they would probably be good at it. Expand
  60. Sep 26, 2014
    ¿Dónde está la gracia de esto? Las dos protagonistas no tienen ni pizca de humor, son tediosas y los chistes de la serie no tienen nada de gracia, siempre se recurren a cosas muy típicas y las risas de fondo están exageradas. No hay ni un secundario (¡ni uno!) que me guste. Una serie horrible.
  61. Aug 3, 2014
    It's a CBS show but I will say this about it: it's not a Chuck Lorre show, Kat can be charming when she isn't whining, yelling, complaining, screeching, moaning etc.

After 5 mins though it's an automatic PASS. CBS is where comedy goes to die a slow and painful death.
  62. Dec 1, 2014
    Automatically liked this show, Max and Caroline are a perfect antagonistic friendship and both are superb in their roles, the rich spoiled girl and the tough rude poor girl, without stop being smart. It fits great the kind of Max's boyfriend and especially Caroline's horse!
  63. Sep 23, 2014
    The Wantonly Queer (tm) agenda propagandizing had not reared its vile head in this season. The initial white trash contrast with socialite society had its appeal.

#WantonlyQueer

2 Broke Girls would be a 9 if the humor would be other than base.
  64. Oct 17, 2014
    Only three words to describe it:Funny Dirty Fantastic.That show is so real, people live in the pressure,we need money,we need friendship,we need sex..
  65. Nov 10, 2014
    A very good show overall, but what makes it so unique is the undeniable chemistry between the two main characters. It may have lost some of its charm by the third season, but recovered nicely just before the season's finale.
  66. Nov 13, 2014
    this show should have stopped after season one!!! Watched the episode this week and it was so awful we couldn't finish watching it!!! It's never funny, one never laughs more of an eweeee!
  67. Dec 13, 2014
    I can understand why some people may dislike this show as it can be a bit immature or stereotypical at times, but overall this is one of my favorite shows of all time. It makes me laugh and it certainly helps that there are two beautiful girls as the lead roles. :)
  68. Dec 14, 2014
    i loove this show. it somehow shows me what friendships, relationships are. and also the real deal about business, and lame economies. Kat and Beth really rocks it. i dont care you people who dont understand jokes. i love this show. salute

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Dec 8, 2011
    There's so much potential here it kills me--a deep female friendship, raw humor about class, and a show that puts young women's sexuality dead center, rather than using it as visual spice, as in some cable series about bad-boy antiheroes.
  2. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Oct 14, 2011
    It promises to be a journey that should draw plenty of viewers.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Sep 20, 2011
    It could be that, like a lot of sitcom pilots, Broke Girls is trying too hard. But when the jokes work, they're funny, so there's hope.