• Network: CBS
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
6.4

1. Owl
    Sep 23, 2011
    Really, critics LIKE this show? The writing was lame. Obvious jokes and conflicts. The leads do have charisma, but they are being fed TERRIBLE lines. And the ethnic stereotyping borders or reaches, the offensive level. The Chinese-American character calls himself Bryce Lee?! Really? Sigh.
  2. Sep 27, 2011
    I chuckled at the pilot, and thought I'd check out episode #2. I'm done with this one already. This is just a typical sitcom with lame, forced jokes, an over-the-top laugh track and not one character worth caring about. Kinda sad to Garrett Morris just sitting there, being fed a weak line or two.
  3. Sep 19, 2011
    I loved this show. Kat is hot and fresh!
    The entire show was funny.....great cast was great. I watched Two and a half men and it was just ok.
    This show has a new perspective on comdey and I liked the interaction of the two girls.
    I am excited for next week!
  4. Jan 11, 2012
    The T.V. show is rough and it is sometimes a little perv, but it makes me laugh, indeed, it is ironic, funny, hilarious, but it fails in the lines. It makes you curious.
  5. Sep 22, 2011
    When I heard about this show I didn't expect much given the fact it stared Kat Dennings. I thought to myself "oh great, another formulaic CBS comedy staring one of my least favorite actresses". Well all of that was true and more.From the get go it was a failed attempt at humor. Kat Dennings was as annoying and lifeless as ever. Her jokes about hipsters were so excruciating I would have rather my eyeballs be gouged with rusty forks and my ears be hacked off by a dull knife. Not to mention that joke set up some glaring hypocrisies. For example when she got back to her apartment her unrealistic boyfriend's band mates were as equally as hipster as the two people in the restaurant (BTW have you even seen how hipster Kat Dennings is despite her attempts to refute that point). Then the shows premise was executed horribly, meaning the rich and poor stereotypes were atrocious. All of this could have been forgiven. The show could have displayed something to make me want to come back and watch it again but it didn't. The shows format is far from original as are all of CBS' shows. Series like Two and a Half Men and How I Met Your Mother can get away with this because they have the writing to back it up. However with 2 Broke Girls I saw another dud that I hope gets canceled but probably won't. Expand
  6. Sep 21, 2011
    I admit the brunette is very much like a younger version of my old roommate, so that felt real enough. But thank god I'm not an actor otherwise I'd have to constantly be an ethnic stereotype in order to live (and that's a little sad to me). The handful of sitcoms I normally watch aren't the standard/archaic format (Wilfred, Curb your Enthusiasm, Always Sunny), so I was instantly annoyed by the pace and the laugh track. I want to like it, but that's just not enough to call it good. Ultimately, it's not something I'll keep watching when there's so many other things to see an not much time to do it in. I've already lowered my standards on a couple other mid-range shows so this one's not going to make the cut. 5/10 because the writing had some snap and the brunette is fun to watch. Expand
  7. Sep 20, 2011
    The title "2 Broke Girls" is very appropriate because not only are the girls lacking money but they are also lacking substance. The only thing this show has going for it is Kat Dennings but with the predictable writing and forced jokes makes her seem less entertaining than golf. Just like every CBS comedy, with one exception, "2 Broke Girls" only gets its laughs be throwing 100 jokes at you and hoping for 5 to work. Due to it's unoriginality and lack of depth, I would be surpised if this show finishes season one. Expand
  8. Sep 24, 2011
    I couldn't sit through this train wreck long enough to meet the second broke girl! The jokes and the show itself were obnoxious . And kat dennings character didn't come across like a strong women, but more of a b'tch. Skip it, dont even bother watching the pilot. watch whitney instead!
  9. Sep 20, 2011
    i enjoy the first episode. interesting lead characters in my opinion. for the show,there are some funny moments and some not so funny moments. however, i see potential in this show. hopefully the writers can come up with some unpredictable jokes.
  10. Nov 15, 2011
    I absolutely adore this show. I never miss an episode. As a college student this show makes my Monday nights much more enjoyable and makes me laugh the entire half hour. I love it.
  11. Dec 30, 2011
    Personally I felt the apparent simplicity of the comedy was one of the best bits of the show. It's straight forward and to the point, and expertly delivered by the main characters; both of which are relatable and like able. I loved it. It's one of few sitcoms which I've watched because I enjoyed it as opposed to it being all that was on or merely ok.
  12. Apr 9, 2012
    One of my favorite sitcoms, the serie is really amazing, the cast, wow, awesome, Kat Dennings have an amazing performance as Max Black, and the relation between the two principal characters are amazing.
  13. Nov 1, 2011
    welll its a really good show funny and well written , there are a lot of things going on and its basically how the two girls react to being broke. its new yory and they are playing of all the broke jokes and well there is a horse in their house which is really dumb.
  14. Oct 20, 2011
    Don't know why the critics love this. It's crap! I couldn't watch for longer than 15 minutes before I just got up and left the room. Honestly...and I'm not joking. Spongebob is funnier...Spongebob, and I stopped watching that YEARS ago. I agree with Owl and Stuie on pretty much every word they said. The jokes are so crappy it's not even funny. Like honestly, even in sitcoms people don't talk like these girls, with a new joke or sarcastic/"witty" comment EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY OPEN THEIR MOUTH. Saying New Girl is not as good is practically vulgar. At least there is some intelligent and original humor there. Not jokes that we can see coming from a mile away that make me just want to scream at the top of my lungs. Expand
  15. Oct 20, 2011
    2 broke girls is fantastic. Ive watched every episode so far and ive loved every minute of every episode. This show is hilarious. You must watch it, its definitely worth a half hour of your monday night.
  16. Sep 26, 2011
    tried my hardest to make it to the first commercial, my wife loves Kat Dennings' since she was in Nick and Norahs infinite playlist, but this was terrible.

Simple formula, take 'friends', reduce cast to 2, have horrible forced and set up "jokes", pump laugh track = profit? they seem to think so, also she attempts to make fun of hipsters, has she seen herself?
  17. Oct 15, 2011
    Great thing about this new comedy show is that it got story structure for it to continue for at least em, to reach 4 seasons. Absolutely, the 2 lead characters got stunning charisma which enabled the show to enamour a huge audience. Some characters might need to develop more in order to become 'fully-functioning' characters but nonetheless Dennings and Behrs tandem is enough to solidify the show. With its new concept and promising lead characters, this show might be a frontrunner in comedy television. Expand
  18. Oct 25, 2011
    Going for every obvious joke in the book, the first season of Two Broke Girls provides light entertainment, but nothing more. Two charismatic lead actresses are the main advantage of an otherwise mediocre show which cannot hope to match established comedies like How I Met Your Mother or The Big Bang Theory, and even if it closely trumps Two And A Half Men, it is far from being a must-see show.
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    I can't believe this show is a massive hit. Figures, the idiots of America watch mindless crap like 2.5 Men, America Idol, and Dancing with the Stars. The girls are not that bad to look at but they are very annoying characters. The jokes are terrible. The sexual innuendos are not at all funny and so unoriginal----I heard all these jokes in high school. Example: Girl 1: "I need a good 9 hours of sleep." Girl 2: "It looks like you need a good 9 incher." Seriously, WTF! The show is filled with these types of horrible innuendos, racist remarks (particularly at the expense of Asians), and unfunny jokes about hipsters. Expand
  20. Apr 21, 2012
    This is one of my favorite shows. I loved how the personalities of the two characters. I loved their sarcasm. For me, this is way better than New Girl, that is also a good sitcom.
  21. Apr 23, 2012
    2 Broke Girls is a great show, i just started watching it and i think it is hilarious, so many of you people just seem to pick apart every bit of the show instead of just watching it the whole thing. Max has a hilarious personality and the things she says and does is because thats how her character is supposed to be, a sarcastic **** its funny. Zoeys new show New Girl is also another good show that started up, also really funny.. Keep then going! Expand
  22. Oct 4, 2012
    This show is just amazing! It's really funny, it reminds us of the 90's sitcoms (and in my point of view this is excellent!). It may be kind of shallow for those who dislike stereotypes but guys just face it! Life is full of stereotypes and this show makes pretty a big deal of judging them!!!!
  23. Sep 20, 2011
    Watched a four minute trailer of the pilot last week on YouTube. It was great. And as it happened to turn out, it also contained every funny joke from the entire pilot. This show has the potential to get a lot better if they can tighten up the writing. There's chemistry between the two leads and they're both fun characters in the classic Laverne and Shirley mode. Having them needing to save money for a cupcake business and showing the accumulated tally at the end of the episode seems like a fun little hook. Curious to see how this storyline plays out. However, the supporting characters are thin racial stereotypes who provided zero laughs (for me, at least.) That said, I'll keep watching for now, especially since the few new sitcoms that have premiered so far this year have been so lackluster. (Sorry NBC.) I'd love to see a multi-camera sitcom with the wit and intelligence of Modern Family. This isn't it. But here's hoping it can close the gap. Expand
  24. Oct 14, 2013
    Over a year ago I wrote a review and gave it a zero based on the pure trash and lack of of any originality. Watched 10 minutes tonight to see if any intelligence of any microscopic level may have found its way into the script. Still absolute crap. Actually blows me away that any major network is that desperate and short on alternatives.
  25. Jan 18, 2013
    When spoilt rich girl Caroline loses her fortune following her father's arrest for fraud she gets a job waitressing, much to the annoyance of struggling new co-worker Max who was hoping to claim the extra hours for herself. When Max realises that Caroline is sleeping in the subway she takes her in and the pair soon strike up an unlikely friendship, centred around raising enough cash to start up their own cupcake shop.

The last twenty years has seen the US produce some truly great sit-coms but unfortunately 2 Broke Girls is not one of them, in fact it is an example of pretty much all that is wrong with comedies aimed at a mainstream audience. At times I found this show almost painful to watch with jokes often forced into the script rather than evolving naturally from the situations that arise, one note characters based on nothing but racial stereotypes and an irritating laugh track that only further emphasises the many, many jokes that simply are not funny.

Do yourself a favour and give this one a miss.
  26. Dec 9, 2011
    Kat Dennings: the only reason to watch this show, an actress whose talent are wasted in this mediocre comedy. In fact she is the one who carries the show on her shoulders, because it wouldn't even be "mediocre" without her.

Writing is just horrible, are there any jokes that aren't deeply offensive and racist in this comedy? ...CBS seems to think that as long as you put a laugh track on
    it, it's funny.... But it's not Expand
  27. Sep 23, 2011
    New , Fresh , Hot , Funny , Crazy , Mad that's all a show needs to go on and 2 broke girls had these all. Different characters , Good Idea , Great Acting , With more funnier stories 2 broke girls have a long future !
  28. Sep 27, 2011
    I enjoyed the pilot episode but it definitely has some work to do. Kat Dennings makes for a great lead, there are some funny moments and its a show I could possibly root for!
  29. Sep 30, 2011
    I enjoyed the first episode. The second didn't live up. I'll give it a few more shots. Not as good as Raising Hope or Parks and Recreation (the best show on TV), but it fits in well with How I Met Your Mother.
  30. Sep 30, 2011
    A Quirky Chick Show that can appeal to both the male and female demographic. Even though the show has cliched plot points (Boyfriend Cheating,Breaking up with your BFF For A Day) the show is still satisfying. The Standout cast Member is Star Kat Dennings (Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist). Dennings is the quintessential Hipster Chick of a Hipster's Wet Dream. She's funny, clever, and the dialogue she spews out doesn't feel forced , yet genuine. Produced by Stand up Comedian Whitney Cummings, 2 Broke Girls unlike Whitney's Starring vehicle "Whitney" is actually funny. My Overall Grade is a STRONG 7.5/10. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Dec 8, 2011
    There's so much potential here it kills me--a deep female friendship, raw humor about class, and a show that puts young women's sexuality dead center, rather than using it as visual spice, as in some cable series about bad-boy antiheroes.
  2. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Oct 14, 2011
    It promises to be a journey that should draw plenty of viewers.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Sep 20, 2011
    It could be that, like a lot of sitcom pilots, Broke Girls is trying too hard. But when the jokes work, they're funny, so there's hope.