• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 6, 2001
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8
8.7

1. Nov 18, 2010
    Easily the greatest event, season, and story to have ever been placed on air. There is nothing anyone can say to explain it, it is just the most spectacular show that will leave your American souls begging for more.
  2. Jul 1, 2012
    You'll never roll your eyes as much in 24 hours. No joke. There was a lot of hype when 24 was out back in 2001. I don't understand why. It must be past its expiry date because it stinks. The writing is absurd and there's so much of it, that trying to cram it all into a 24 hour time period just makes it even more ridiculous.
  3. Mar 27, 2011
    "I'm Federal agent Jack Bauer. Today is the longest day of my life." The split-screen. The countdown clock. The Bauer. So many iconic things have been incorporated into TV, and its all thanks to this one show. 24 is the tale of CTU (Counter Terrorism Unit) agent Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), who's recently reunited with his wife Teri (Leslie Hope), and his daughter, Kim (Elisha"I'm Federal agent Jack Bauer. Today is the longest day of my life." The split-screen. The countdown clock. The Bauer. So many iconic things have been incorporated into TV, and its all thanks to this one show. 24 is the tale of CTU (Counter Terrorism Unit) agent Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), who's recently reunited with his wife Teri (Leslie Hope), and his daughter, Kim (Elisha Cuthbert). Jack is assigned to work on a case, which involves the possible assassination of Presidential candidate David Palmer (Dennis Haybert). Also along for the ride are fellow agents Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard), Nina Myers (Sarah Clarke) and Jamey Farrell (Karina Arroyave). Right now, I am trying to not spoil anything about this show, because it is much better to go in cold when watching 24. The show is jam packed with twists, turns, gunfire, deaths, threat and Jack Bauer shouting that it's better to watch the events unfold before you rather than spoil yourself. Jack's storyline involves protecting Palmer, yes, but there's also the search for a possible mole within CTU who's working for the enemy, and trying to find his daughter, who has been kidnapped. With Kim, I will say that her storylines when she isn't kidnapped aren't very much interesting, but she's not a terrible character, she's just the typical teenager, granted one who has to deal with being kidnapped, so it's forgivable. David Palmers storyline involves him running for president, but also finding out that things aren't as perfect as he believed with his family, when he finds out his son, Keith, is responsible for the murder of a guy who raped his sister 7 years ago. His wife, Sherry, seems to play the Lady MacBeth type of character, she wants to get her husband into the white house so badly just so she can be First Lady, not caring what lines she has to cross. 24 is the kind of show which is perfect for watching on DVD, as the entire season is set over the course of on single day, which each episode only equalling an hour of time. You may wonder in disbelief how so many things can happen in the course of one single day, but you'll be too drawn into the show to actually care. Trust me, once you start this show, you WILL be sucked in. The shows creators have managed to set up cliffhangers at the end of each episode, and sometimes at the end of each commercial break, that you'll want to come back and see how it's resolved. It happened to me, and it'll happen to you. Collapse
  4. Apr 28, 2014
    To me, a show cannot be suspenseful if events don't feel natural. If the invisible hand of the writers is present in every episode of the season, we already know the biggest spoiler of all: the show has writers. These writers want people to keep watching the show, so they will make every episode as suspenseful as possible. If you KNOW there will be suspense, the suspense is no longerTo me, a show cannot be suspenseful if events don't feel natural. If the invisible hand of the writers is present in every episode of the season, we already know the biggest spoiler of all: the show has writers. These writers want people to keep watching the show, so they will make every episode as suspenseful as possible. If you KNOW there will be suspense, the suspense is no longer suspenseful, because it's expected. In 24, the pen truly is mightier than the sword (and terrorists, and bombs, and logic/reason, and physics, etc.).

Jack won't die; we know this. So when someone holds a gun to Jack's head, we think, "Well, he's going to get out of this somehow." Jack won't stay in the same place for one hour without saving the real-time day, so if things look calm for him, it's going to get bad very soon.

More signs that the show is written. Basically no one talks about how tired they are, even though everyone has been up for 36 hours or so. Multiple times, backup will take half an episode or more to get somewhere, but then the characters will get back to base between episodes (so, in zero seconds). Everyone gets kidnapped pretty much constantly, and it is not always the same people doing the kidnapping.

But my biggest complaint, by far, is that there are good guys and bad guys. (If a character was born outside the U.S., there's basically a 100% chance that they fall in the bad guy category.) No one is really grey, and grey characters are, of course, the most interesting because we live in a grey world. 24 is a show to watch if you want to escape reality for a while. Where you ask, "Are they good or bad?" and you might not know the answer yet, but at least you know there IS an answer.

Well sorry 24, but I don't like turning my brain off when I watch TV. I want shows I watch to resonate with me after I've finished them. I want shows to challenge my beliefs, or to make me think deeply, or to present me with interesting analogies. I don't care if any of your characters die, because they are obviously not real people. I know you think we can stay together for another week, 24, but that's just not going to happen.
  5. Jun 16, 2011
    This is the best tv show of the world because of the events that occur on real time,the plot and the action will grab you until the end of this wonderful season
  6. Jul 12, 2012
    Awesome show! Every episode holds an exciting thrilling feature, one of the best action t.v shows there is. Gives you that rush of adventure and energy that's put into it. Every episode will bring you back for more!
  7. Aug 2, 2014
    Season 1 of 24 introduces unique techniques to add to the action formulae while still following the recipe for a fun, engaging and twisty action series.
  8. May 7, 2014
    24, the mother of all ADHD-TV series. There is nothing more to say. I do not know what many like about this series. I find it unbearable. A actionistic action hunting the next. Only Kiefer Sutherland remains true to itself and, as always, consistently unsympathetic.
  9. Mar 4, 2012
    One part shouts and explosions, one part gruffly-whispered soap opera, mostly unbearable tension, all crypto-fascist masturbatory fantasy. Fox's most embarrassing indulgence.
  10. Feb 5, 2013
    The executive who decided it was time to can this show should be tortured,shot,thrown off a bridge and shot again by Jack Bauer.Sheeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!
  11. Jul 1, 2013
    the best tv show in the world! its the only show i can really put myself in characters and understand them.
    all actors play efficiently, thanks to directors.
  12. Jun 24, 2014
    A great first season to a show that will become an american icon. Jack Bauer is a such a boss and the ending and final twists are some of the most shocking ever in TV history
  13. Jul 25, 2013
    ''Right now, terrorists are planning to assassinate a presidential candidate. My wife and daughter have been kidnapped... and people that I work with may be involved in both. I'm Federal Agent Jack Bauer, and this is the longest day of my life.''. That intro sums up the plot of the first season of 24.

Having an entire season of a show take place over the space of a day in real time was a terrific idea and it makes for a fantastically entertaining show. The show moves at a breakneck speed, full of action, tension and unpredictable twists and turns around every corner. That makes it very addictive.

This first season isn't perfect, a couple of plot points are recycled a little too much for my tastes and some of the subplots in the second half of the season to keep Bauer's wife and daughter relevant are not on a par with the main plot but the rest of it is just so good that this doesn't matter. Kiefer Sutherland and Dennis Haybert both light up the screen and help make the stories of Jack Bauer and David Palmer so gripping.
  14. Aug 10, 2013
    Si señor. Donde todo empezó. La primera temporada, Jack Bauer comienza sus vivencias. En cuanto a la serie, la mejor que he visto en mi vida. Muy adictiva, ves un capitulo y automáticamente tenes ver 4 mas, al menos.
  15. Nov 22, 2014
    24 is one of the best first season for a tv series ive seen.The storyline and the action of 24 are the strongest thing of this series, and jack bauer is one of the best characters in tv ive ever seen as well.
  16. May 23, 2014
    One of the most creative, intense, action packed, and best shows. The story and character development are done so well. Not only was there 8 great seasons, but years after the supposed ending they revive it for a special 12 episode 9th season. Talk about a successful show. Easily one of the most addicting shows of all time.
  17. Jun 8, 2014
    This television show is great! Action drama and it always keeps you guessing. Overall it’s a great show to get into and will keep you on the edge of your feet. However, I sometimes have to go back to a look up the characters to remember their prior experiences together. So for someone new coming into the show it maybe a little harder to get into, but definitely with the time to do.
  18. Nov 10, 2014
  19. Nov 5, 2014
    This show has to be one of my favorite and one of the best that I've seen in my years of watching TV. I have gotten a few people into the show, and while I know it can start off a tad slow, it's because you're not familiar with it. Take the time out to watch this show, and I promise that you won't be disappointed. This show has non-stop action and twists that you'll never see coming. I'mThis show has to be one of my favorite and one of the best that I've seen in my years of watching TV. I have gotten a few people into the show, and while I know it can start off a tad slow, it's because you're not familiar with it. Take the time out to watch this show, and I promise that you won't be disappointed. This show has non-stop action and twists that you'll never see coming. I'm very sad to have seen it come to an end and honestly I wish that this show went on and on because it was always interesting. You should definitely take the time to get into this show and see it through to the end because it's great. Expand

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Jun 28, 2013
    The most distinctive, addictive new TV series this season. As an old-fashioned thriller, it's relentless, tense and deliciously paranoiac, with more twists than a Twizzler. But it's also boldly different.
  2. Reviewed by: Terry Kelleher
    Jun 27, 2013
    The makers of 24 needn't overuse the split-screen technique to emphasize the onrush of events. Viewers can feel the suspense start to build without seeing the seconds tick off on a digital clock. Give the gimmicks a rest. We're hooked without them.
  3. Reviewed by: Phil Rosenthal