• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 11, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.6

Nov 7, 2008
    Well after being told that this is the next Arrested Development I decided to give this show a chance. Unfortunately, the critics seem to be watching something else. I watched the first half of one episode and at some point in time I had a revelation. I realized that it was a comedy and not one joke had been made. Maybe I didn't give it time. I am betting the show is politically Well after being told that this is the next Arrested Development I decided to give this show a chance. Unfortunately, the critics seem to be watching something else. I watched the first half of one episode and at some point in time I had a revelation. I realized that it was a comedy and not one joke had been made. Maybe I didn't give it time. I am betting the show is politically charged and is overrated. The only thing this show has in common with AD is the ratings. The difference is AD had low ratings due to its different pacing and terrible marketing. 30 Rock meanwhile has low ratings because its boring. I am trying to find the next Arrested Development, I have not found it yet and I dont think I ever will, but I know this is not it. Expand
  2. AtticusM
    May 28, 2009
    Brutally unfunny.
  3. Jul 5, 2011
    This is the most overrated show on tv. This show is absolutely horrible, it's unfunny and the plots suck. The Office is 1000 times better than 30 Rock could ever be.

1. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Even the most ardent fans of 30 Rock will concede that it doesn't look its sharpest as its third season opens. Only the most churlish will be much put out by this, though. A relatively flat episode of Tina Fey's backstage farce is still the fizziest thing in prime-time comedy.
  2. Two episodes NBC made available to critics prove this series is ready to scale even higher comedic heights and that the brightest spot on the planet is not the light atop the Luxor but the writers' room of 30 Rock.
  3. The show's droll and mostly apolitical humor fits the exaggerated characters well, it's still got a good fast rhythm, and the five major players work well as an ensemble.