• Network: NBC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.1

1. James
    Oct 12, 2006
    Terrible. Just awful. I don't understand for a second what all the fuss is about. I laughed more at Studio 60 than I did at this. It feels like a really long, really unfunny SNL sketch. To compare this show to The Office is simply an insult to the hard working (and FUNNY) people on that show. Truly and utterly disappointing.
  2. AlyA.
    Aug 23, 2007
    I can't believe they kept this show over Studio 60!
  3. MattH
    Oct 22, 2006
    This was really disappointing. I got all of the jokes; I've just heard them all before. I think Tina Fey is a great writer, so the show we'll turn around, if she isn't being controlled by the studio.
  4. Jan 21, 2012
    I have not watch 30Rock since they attempted to make a joke out of the Kent State shooting. I was there it was not funny, not funny at all. Very disappointed in the writing from Tina. Alex was never funny, just a self center person.
  5. Erak
    Oct 12, 2006
    The show completely lost me not when Alec Baldwin spent 5 minutes pitching the new GE oven, but when a commercial aired 15 minutes later revealed to me that it was real. Oh, and the show itself just isn't funny. I'm told by the reviews the second episode is much better, but the blatent product placement in this one is more than enough of a deal breaker.
  6. BrandonS
    Oct 14, 2006
    Awful, awful, awful. After ten minutes, my wife and I couldn't take it anymore. Disastrously unoriginal and unfunny.
  7. DavidK
    Oct 21, 2006
    Alec Baldwin doesn't belong in a comedy, he's just not that funny. Tina Fey is very talented but it doesn't show here. The show has a few moments, but overall is DOA. No chance on making it past the first year. Feels like a bad SNL skit after a while. Very strange that NBC has this and Studio 60 in the same year. I'll take Studio 60 over this for the quality of the actors.
  8. PeterJ
    Oct 29, 2006
    Very disappointing. Why won't Alec Baldwin just go away already?
  9. Ann
    Nov 1, 2007
    I only watched it because Seinfeld was on. It was boring. Could barely get through the end.
  10. SeeFeel
    Oct 11, 2006
    This is the worst piece of steaming trash that has been put on TV since Cop Rock. Tracey Morgan is awful in everything he does, Tina Fey delivers a shallow character I could care less about and Alec Baldwin is miles away form his brilliance and Glen Gary Glen Ross. Take a bunch of burnouts, castoffs and combine them with writers that can't write comedy and you get 30 Rock. One of the This is the worst piece of steaming trash that has been put on TV since Cop Rock. Tracey Morgan is awful in everything he does, Tina Fey delivers a shallow character I could care less about and Alec Baldwin is miles away form his brilliance and Glen Gary Glen Ross. Take a bunch of burnouts, castoffs and combine them with writers that can't write comedy and you get 30 Rock. One of the worst sitcoms of all time. Critics that are raving about this show must be getting paid nicely by the producers. Expand
  11. GerarseF
    Dec 26, 2006
    I really don't get what all the excitement is about. I laughed at Sports Night, really enjoy humor that requires thought, but in three episodes of 30 Rock I have yet to find much humor in it. I guess I will have to watch it since it is stuck between Scrubs and ER, I was just hoping for more.
  12. KyleJ
    Dec 31, 2006
    Tine Fey sucks, she ruined SNL, speaking of SNL this show is like a really long bad SNL sketch
  13. Feb 11, 2012
    When I first heard about this show I was really excited because I heard it was a sitcom with Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan. Unfortunately, it's 30 minutes of Tiny Fey dating men out of her league, expressing Democratic opinions, and behaving in immature ways. 30 Rock is the perfect example why you can't give lead roles to tv writer turned "actor's".
  14. Apr 21, 2015
    The first season is passably, 30 rock hits it's stride in the 3rd season and peak's in the 4-5 seasons. Definitely keep up with the show as it builds the characters out

One of the zaniest - and most savvy - workplace comedies in years.
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    For all the show's cartooniness, its gender-conscious take on the TV business is actually more sophisticated [than Studio 60's].
  3. The standard caution is relevant -- debut episodes tend to be highly polished. All the more reason to enjoy the hilarious scenes and fine ensemble cast here.