A to Z : Season 1

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 2, 2014
7.0

1. Oct 8, 2014
    I think this show is pretty funny. It has that HIMYM vibe with the whole "destiny" thing. For sitcom i always like the one with ensemble cast and this show totally has it. It is a story about Andrew and Zelda but the supporting characters are the ones that keep this show funnier and fresh. The bad is what will happen after 8 month+, it could go really really bad or good. So the writersI think this show is pretty funny. It has that HIMYM vibe with the whole "destiny" thing. For sitcom i always like the one with ensemble cast and this show totally has it. It is a story about Andrew and Zelda but the supporting characters are the ones that keep this show funnier and fresh. The bad is what will happen after 8 month+, it could go really really bad or good. So the writers need to be careful about this. Expand
  2. Oct 9, 2014
    The main point here is do you care enough about the characters to watch it again -- to see how their relationship develops. What's next? We got the first kiss. Now..(and do we have to jump right to sex?) How about learning about each other; not liking aspects of the other, but the feelings are strong; and does it end in marriage or break up. Good job with the pining -- but it could haveThe main point here is do you care enough about the characters to watch it again -- to see how their relationship develops. What's next? We got the first kiss. Now..(and do we have to jump right to sex?) How about learning about each other; not liking aspects of the other, but the feelings are strong; and does it end in marriage or break up. Good job with the pining -- but it could have been more. I think I care more about the gal's girlfriend then the leads actually. I'll watch it again (3 tastes) and I really hope it is successful. Lame they work across from each other and can see each other work. I'd be creeped out about that. Yet it is unique. He's a dreamer; she's practical. Expand
  3. Oct 24, 2014
    I don't know where all the hate is coming from, in people's reviews. I really enjoy this show. I don't think its the funniest "sitcom" on the air right now, but I think what it lacks in obvious humor, (which we've all seen a hundred times) it makes up for in charm. I will be really disappointed if this show gets cancelled. By the way NBC, I'm still hurting from "Go On" getting cancelled.I don't know where all the hate is coming from, in people's reviews. I really enjoy this show. I don't think its the funniest "sitcom" on the air right now, but I think what it lacks in obvious humor, (which we've all seen a hundred times) it makes up for in charm. I will be really disappointed if this show gets cancelled. By the way NBC, I'm still hurting from "Go On" getting cancelled. I'm right on the verge of boycotting you. Expand
  4. Oct 24, 2014
    Got into this show recently, my boyfriend made me watch it. I was hooked instantly. There's only 4 episodes aired right now, but I've seen each one of them 4 or 5 times. Love it!!!
  5. Oct 3, 2014
    Maybe I'm just not the target audience for this cloyingly cute romantic comedy. The humor was in short supply, overwhelmed by the saccharine dialogue and story. This could seriously use some subversive elements, otherwise it's like spending 30 minutes locked inside a Hallmark store with no escape
  6. lcb
    Oct 4, 2014
    I really wanted to like this show. The actors are appealing. But I was so bored during the first half of the show that I couldn't stick with it. It just seemed like a less funny and more poorly directed version of How I Met Your Mother. While the latter show went way beyond its expiration date this one seems destined to have an early one.
  7. Oct 14, 2014
    Insipid, trite, drivel...these are the nice things I can say about this show. Transparent acting, desperate writing, wholly unbelievable and not the tiniest bit entertaining, smart or funny. Like seriously unfunny. If you're first in line for a Nicholas Sparks movie you might like it as both seem to believe audiences, namely women, are dumb and desperate.
  8. Oct 13, 2014
    This show tries too hard to be cute. After about 15 minutes of watching this romantic sitcom with two stars that are trying extra hard to be adorable I just couldn't take it anymore and signed off. The only redeemng factor was that the show had no annoying laugh track.
  9. Oct 2, 2014
    I don't know what all the hoopla's about. But I found this show V-E-R-Y slow. It was like watching grass grow. The best thing about it was the narrator's voice. Katey Sagal's. But I s'pose I can give the show another try since everyone's raving about it.
  10. Jun 4, 2015
    3/5★ Cutesy. The entire ensemble is cutesy, the cast is cutesy and the writing is...well you get the picture. The casting is great, and Lenora Crichlow is an added bonus.
    All that cute aside, A to Z tries a little too hard. Sweetness in such large quantities leads to cavities, regrets and in this case, extraction.
    Verdict: Watchable but not for everyone.
  11. Nov 6, 2014
    I think 'A to Z' is a really sweet, cute show. Love this show! It's a cleaner show than most that's on tv at the moment. It's not laugh on the floor funny, but I still think there are cute funny moments. Looking forward to the next episode and where the season leads.
  12. Nov 17, 2014
    Andrew and Zelda was very, very cute. Their relationship is adorable. A to Z approchas How I met your mother but it's different too (yeah it's a little contradictory)
    The fate of this series is regrettable
  13. May 14, 2017
    Really good show. Too bad it ended early! First season look like it was building up the relationship while next season would be more dramatic and more challenges for the relationship. Sad to not know what exactly happens next.

1. Reviewed by: Melody Chiu
    Oct 3, 2014
    With many clichés coming straight from romantic comedy films, A to Z gets slightly cheesy at times, but Feldman and Milioti's easy chemistry makes their banter believable and, well, downright adorable.
  2. Reviewed by: Melissa Maerz
    Oct 3, 2014
    The writing can be smart and Feldman shows a real gift for playing neurotics whose grand flourishes will strike women as either romantic or totally creepy.
    A to Z glides, mainly because its stars, Mad Men's Ben Feldman and How I Met Your Mother's Cristin Milioti, are a flat-out great couple, with an understated screwball energy that Howard Hawks would've known what to do with.