About A Boy : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Feb 22, 2014
Season #: 1, 2
7.6

1. Mar 5, 2014
    I was determined not to like this. I was pleasantly surprised. The kid is adorable abd Mimi Driver bright and sassy. She is a strange off kilter Mother that works. So far, so good.We will see if the writers will keep the show hopping and not redo each week the same show.The neighbor is a hunk with a heart he can't hide. A good start to a whacky, but potentially cute series.
  2. Feb 24, 2014
    Feel-good show reminiscent of "Calvin and Hobbes" among other "buddy stories." The pilot was well-done, and the show has a lot of potential to grow into something even better.
    "About A Boy," as well as "Growing Up Fisher" are two of the new shows on NBC worth getting excited about!
  3. Feb 23, 2014
    Great pilot, Walton is no Hugh Grant but he is more then adequate and Minnie Driver lights up the screen. Only problem I can see is that the pilot was a synopsis of the movie, can the second episode build on that? Are the writers up to the task? Warm funny not too mushy, so far so good.
  4. May 14, 2014
    Happy to read that this show is being renewed for the Fall 2014 line up. The cast is awesome!! Stories are funny, heartwarming, and clever. I look forward to the show's return!!
  5. Apr 28, 2014
    Wonderful new show, great acting, always a moral regarding friendship at the end of the show. Good chemistry with all main characters. Hope the show is around for a long time.
  6. Feb 25, 2014
    This is cute, corny, a bit cliche, but overall entertaining and much better than most of the competition. I will be tuning in and hoping the writers can keep it fresh.
  7. Apr 21, 2014
    I had to remake this review because i had some different feelings on the show . turns out about a boy is not funny But Jason Katmis created a good show. About a boy star Benjamin Stockham is a complete embarrassment to the series . Grade A
  8. Apr 8, 2014
    Simply heartwarming and funny show! The new take on the old formula has proven to be even friendlier than the movie, thanks to the sharp direction, easy-going but concise scripts, as well as charming performances of the new Marcus, Will and Fiona. Favorite comedy currently.
  9. ang
    Apr 15, 2014
    Clever writing which does not dumb down the viewer. Minnie Driver is pitch perfect and all the cast work well together. I've seen all shows, look forward to it each week and was pleasantly surprised that it has remained entertaining.

1. Reviewed by: Lily Moayeri
    Feb 25, 2014
    With Jason Katims (Friday Night Lights, Parenthood) as creator and producer, About a Boy could very well be the next universally appealing family show.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Feb 24, 2014
    He [David Walton] and About a Boy are at its best in those disarming moments when Will lets down his guard and faces his grown-up responsibilities to teach Marcus how to enjoy the "total exuberance" of boyhood.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Feb 24, 2014
    This About a Boy is as subtle as a chain saw.