Accidentally on Purpose : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 21, 2009
6.2

1. kaitlinw
    Feb 1, 2010
    "Accidentally on Purpose" is a breath of fresh air in the modern comedy. Its not super clever, and it doesn't try to be. What it does is recognize a new trend in the modern family dynamic, that of a fantastic older women and a sexy younger man. Instead of being "sultry" or "naughty" as portrayed in shows like "Desperate Housewives", she show simply celebrates an awesome older women/ "Accidentally on Purpose" is a breath of fresh air in the modern comedy. Its not super clever, and it doesn't try to be. What it does is recognize a new trend in the modern family dynamic, that of a fantastic older women and a sexy younger man. Instead of being "sultry" or "naughty" as portrayed in shows like "Desperate Housewives", she show simply celebrates an awesome older women/ younger man relationship. Jenna Elfman is her usual funny, adorable, quirky self as Bille, a very self confident, sexy, "fantastic" woman in her 30s that gets pregnant after hooking up with a younger guy. Jon Foster is sexy young Zach who is determined to do the right thing by Billie, and ends up being blown away by "the coolest girl ever". This show is smart snappy, and very self aware. Its a simple, sweet, refreshing modern comedy, and a delicious addition to CBS's Monday prime time line up. I highly suggest everyone to watch this show that celebrates a sexy, funny, self confident woman. Expand
  2. DanielleJ
    Mar 1, 2010
    I love this show! i missed seeing Jenna Elfman an di am excoted to see her back on the air! what i lvoe best is that she is REALLY pregnant!
  3. LenaS
    Mar 22, 2010
    From the first episode i just could not stop watching. This show has to keep on going.
  4. HaroldR
    Mar 8, 2010
    Funny show, not great...Fits nicely in the Monday night line-up.
  5. RetaO.
    Apr 20, 2010
    This show makes me laugh like no other and I find it very heart warming.
  6. AkiF
    Apr 9, 2010
    I have to disagree with the critics. I find 'Accidentally on Purpose' humorous and entertaining! I just love to watch it every week. This sitcom should continue, and people who think that this sitcom's as dull as they are then they have no taste at all.
  7. JudyF.
    Sep 30, 2009
    Love the show - very cute!
  8. GeoH
    Jan 14, 2010
    This show is great! I love the humor, it's light, funny and the characters are convincing. Keep this show on!
  9. sadyj
    Feb 15, 2010
    I love!! this show its really cute and hilarious!! the characters are amazing. i really HOPE that this show isn't canceled!! any time soon.
  10. RD
    Mar 3, 2010
    I love this show. I find it funny and entertaining. The acting is ok not the best but the stuff they come up with is very interesting. Its nice clean fun to watch, the tv has to many shows like the crud family guy that just have to deal with 1. sex 2. drugs 3. violence and 4. racial attacks. I watch this show with my family and I hardly ever have to worry about what is going to be on.
  11. LoriD
    Nov 4, 2009
    I really like this show. I think it is hilarious and I even set my dvr to make sure I don't miss it. You people that don't like it just have no sense of humor!
  12. MartinR
    Dec 8, 2009
    Its freakin' hilarious. That is if you get past its out dated and formulaic design. But lets be honest. Elfman never fails to deliver a line and the writing is really sharp.
  13. laydenp.
    Sep 24, 2009
    I thought at first it was moving a little too fast but you have to work with what you have in 22 minutes.. but i didnt really think the acting was bad; it has potential.
  14. tonyac.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Very easy to enjoy, no violence, no gore, just plain, light fun.
  15. emoore
    Jan 13, 2010
    I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! It is hilarious and fun and the characters are great!!!! I REALLY REALLY hope this show keeps on going strong!!!! I have shared it with so many friends and they love it too!!!!
  16. KateF
    Jan 22, 2010
    The best show since "Friends" went off the air, this show must go on for a while, the writers are amazing and each week gets better than the week before. I can't say enough about how wonderful this show is. Jenna Elfman and Jon Foster are wonderful together, and Nic Wright always makes me laugh, I can't wait eacch week to watch it even if its a re-run. I have every episode on my The best show since "Friends" went off the air, this show must go on for a while, the writers are amazing and each week gets better than the week before. I can't say enough about how wonderful this show is. Jenna Elfman and Jon Foster are wonderful together, and Nic Wright always makes me laugh, I can't wait eacch week to watch it even if its a re-run. I have every episode on my ipod. JUST LOVE IT!!!! Expand
  17. PaulM
    Feb 22, 2010
    Jenna Elfman and Jon Foster are irresistible. Sexy yet sweet, sarcastic yet good-natured, they capture in their screen personalities the contradictions of today's culture. Regardless of plot, they are utterly winning and compellingly charming. The 2010 version of feel-good entertainment.
  18. NicholeE
    Mar 15, 2010
    Love this show! I was totally bummed when it was replaced and I was worried it got canceled. I'm glad it didn't and I'm looking forward to it coming back on March 31st!
  19. SarahP
    Nov 24, 2009
    I thik this show is very cute and will get better and better as time goes on.
  20. JPower
    Dec 28, 2009
    Amazing show, It's great to have another simple idea for a show alot of sitcoms in recent years have been to complex but this is great. Jenna Elfman is awsome!
  21. CharlesB.
    Sep 22, 2009
    A funny show with characters I care about. Potential for the shows growth is excellent. Funny and well written. I enjoyed it very much.
  22. OliverW.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Get rid of the laugh track, tone down Jensen character a bit and you've got a hit. I loved the chemistry between the two main characters and will tune in next week.
  23. PaulaI.
    Nov 27, 2009
    Funny. After a day's work, finally something to relax to, to laugh about, to have fun, period.
  24. JuliaB
    Dec 15, 2009
    This show is great! I love the humor and the cast mix. We watch it second now (right after we watch Big Bang) on our DVR. My husband and I are both big fans! Please keep it...it's so nice to watch something that isn't "heavy" or drama...
  25. Oct 23, 2010
    Hilarious is how I describe this show. It's a shame it was cancelled early, because I thought it was intelligent and hilarious. I loved it. R.I.P A.O.P

1. Reviewed by: Randee Dawn
    This is an utterly predictable comedy (what, you don't think Zack and Billie will fall in love in Season 2, right after he starts dating another chick and Billie has an epiphany?) that's got a few fun lines.
    Accidentally on Purpose doesn't have the smarts to be the salvation of a genre, but neither does it look like the torpedo to sink the ship. Not great, but nothing heinous.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Accidentally feels like a show that's nearly been focus-grouped into oblivion--with lines, beats and a cultural resonance that's so familiar you can almost see the baseball bat of predictability descending upon your head. So be it. Elfman's fine, as usual. This could be worse.