• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 17, 2013
  • Season #: 1
8.5

1. Nov 18, 2013
    Very good. Solid acting, great visual effects, promising story. And most important thing that there was no good TV series in this cyberpunk climate till now. Looking forward to next episodes
  2. Nov 17, 2013
    Is it original? That's arguable. With all of the garbage on TV these days, this is extremely refreshing. Futuristic type shows usually don't do well but I have to say, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Karl Urban is one of my favorite actors and is pretty good in this too.

I really hope that this around for a while but futuristic shows don't seem to last long. Fingers crossed.
  3. Dec 22, 2013
    Really enjoying this series so far. It doesn't take itself too seriously. The writers have tried to create interesting story lines with technologically advancement issues that they think may be problematic in the future. Karl Urban delivers a solid performance throughout along with most of the cast.
  4. Nov 18, 2013
    Been waiting for such for a very long time. Judge Dreddish Deus Ex with some great effects, acting and even better music. Hope the story is going to be just as good.
  5. Nov 27, 2013
    all i can say is Perfect such a great perfect show ,great cast and great idea ,finally something new in television who can't see that means they should change their jobs because they aren't good as critics
  6. Dec 3, 2013
    This show is by far the best thing to hit the TV this fall. Special effects are Top notch for a television show. Karl Urban is great as usual and I really like the chemistry him and his android partner are developing. If you are looking for something with action, humor and a good sci-fi storyline.....watch this show!!!!!!!
  7. Dec 10, 2013
    Love this fast paced show. The banter between the two leads is extremely well written and the chemistry between these two actors is amazing. The other thing I like, this show isn't a remake nor a spinoff. It's unique and so far, completely entertaining.
  8. Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah I know it has a few classic sci-fi cliches but I actually like the relationship between Karl Urban & Michael Ealy which makes up for a lot. Give it a few episodes and they will grow on you
  9. Dec 23, 2013
    A great show, JJ Abrams has another winner. Neat character personalities. Michael Ealy is a smart, really likable character. The Sci-Fi content is well done.
  10. Feb 3, 2014
    This is the type of show that I could live off of for years to come.
    This may seem silly, but the show brings me into its world and out of this one, which is plagued by depression and symptoms of PTSD.

As a Marine combat veteran, I approve this show!!

It's greatness and multifaceted content is what we need. There is nothing else like this on TV.
  11. Nov 29, 2013
    A derivative show that is done extremely well. I will admit that the pilot left me a bit cold but I decided to stick with the show for a few more episodes. Episode three, "Are you Receiving", was particularly well written with well-paced action and suspense. I know, you can imagine Bruce Willis lurking around every corner, but this episode was excellent nonetheless.

The leads, Karl

The leads, Karl Urban as the human detective and Michael Ealy as Dorian, the robot detective have matured very well into their parts. Particularly, I think Mr. Ealy has done a remarkable job of putting the "human" into "Almost Human".
  12. Feb 10, 2014
    I only hope FOX see sense and keep this gum on the air, to many shows have been cancelled before they have time to shine. Let this one be a win for us sci-fi nerds out there.
  13. Nov 22, 2013
  14. Apr 25, 2014
    PLEASE renew Almost Human for a Season 2. Any networks out there listening this show has a huge fan base and there are no other shows close to this story line. There are so many Vampire, Werewolves, Supernatural and your regular cop crime shows, but none that are really futuristic working with robots as their partners. The characters are strong, acting excellent, story lines great andPLEASE renew Almost Human for a Season 2. Any networks out there listening this show has a huge fan base and there are no other shows close to this story line. There are so many Vampire, Werewolves, Supernatural and your regular cop crime shows, but none that are really futuristic working with robots as their partners. The characters are strong, acting excellent, story lines great and it is action packed, This show is far from boring and deserves a second chance at a season 2! I'm going to be really disappointed if FOX doesn't renew Almost Human :( PLEASE!!! Any Almost Human fans out there get the word out, rate or write a review lets get ourselves heard. Expand
  15. Nov 17, 2013
    Pretty good. Its set in a not so distant future where androids are common place. Great visuals and plenty of potential. Interested on where they will take the show.
  16. Nov 18, 2013
    A lot of cliches but done in compelling way. Solid acting, fair CGI and very good music so far (by Crystal Method). Not a big fan of Fox but even I have to raise my hat for their new tv-series this season.
  17. Nov 18, 2013
    Very entertaining first episode. Great visuals and likable characters. Some cheesy dialog at times but nothing too bad. Some funny exchanges as well. Overall, a refreshing show. I'll keep watching for sure.
  18. Nov 20, 2013
    The 2-day series premiere was fantastic and looks very promising. The show is very original and creative because theres no shows on right now that is set in a cyborg-type universe. The special FX were fairly good but needs some improvements. Karl Urban does a great acting job and very much fits the series. Overall great show and I look forward to future episodes.
  19. Nov 25, 2013
    When you can make an android that is convincing as a robot and/or a human you have success to me. Show combines the realism of cops and criminals with ideas from today, with technology you wouldn't always think about from the future. Very enjoyable so far.
  20. Dec 7, 2013
    This show is the only show I am currently watching and I love it. I love the whole concept and the combat and action. I wasn't a fan of Ep. 2 where it was just too much sci-fi for me and not enough action but besides that its a great show and I've loved every single episode so far. I think it has great potential.
  21. Dec 20, 2013
    Really like it. It's just what I've been wanting for a sci-fi TV series. It oddly reminds me of Stargate SG-1 but with only Teal'c and Colonel O'Neil, which is pretty sweet from what I can tell so far. There's the hard ass tough-cop-on-the-edge with his almost indestructible almost all knowing android partner with a soft side. Great combo. 10/10
  22. Jan 27, 2014
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. Didn't even see the first four episodes, and was still hooked. The story lines are interesting, but I love the chemistry of the all the actors. It's very funny too.
  23. Mar 12, 2014
    Very good show that i can only hope gets a real chance to show its potential. It's got great characters, comedy and action. I really hope Fox keeps this going and look forward to the future of Almost human.
  24. Apr 7, 2014
    Great cast, story and graphics. One of my top favorite series. I am looking forward to many new episodes. I would be greatly disappointed in FOX if they cancel it.
    The Critics are wrong as usual.
  25. Jun 3, 2014
    I never watched sci-fi shows before, but I decided to watch Almost Human. And I loved the characters, plot, visual effects, actors... Michael and Karl have an amazing chemistry on screen! It has action, drama, romance (John and Stahl) and also comedy. Almost Human is funnier than some comedy shows...

Favorite episodes of season one: Skin and Beholder.
  26. Jan 6, 2014
    Great show, and a solid metaphor of how technology is both a blessing and a curse for the current culture. Acting is solid, and the writing is promising. It has a nice blend of both comedy and drama, and Karl Urban and Michael Ealy play off each other perfectly.
  27. Mar 4, 2014
    The critic rating of this show is sinful and exposes a deep divide between viewers and critics. If you don't like sci-fi because it's sci-fi, then you won't like this show. Otherwise read on. It starts out a bit shaky and plastic, but by mid season is in full stride and it's charm begins to shine through. It doesn't break any real new ground in terms of science fiction lore - but notThe critic rating of this show is sinful and exposes a deep divide between viewers and critics. If you don't like sci-fi because it's sci-fi, then you won't like this show. Otherwise read on. It starts out a bit shaky and plastic, but by mid season is in full stride and it's charm begins to shine through. It doesn't break any real new ground in terms of science fiction lore - but not everyone can be Greg Bear - and honestly, mass consumption may not be ready for ground breaking sci-fi (take the end of A.I. for example - which left most of the audience confused or angry because they thought aliens came). Also, at the end of the day, good sci-fi knows that it's only time that it's changing - the rest, the people and the drama, is the same. There are some mistakes made - for example one episode centers around bionic transplants while another features an organic printer . . . (they make some weak mention of organs not being printable. . but seriously we're already printing organs) . The script is well put together in terms of character depth and dialogue. The mood is light and bright. the over-all experience makes you feel good without being too optimistic. I personally appreciate that the writers seem to be staying clear of any overt messages and are taking a more altruistic approach. If you're a fan of sci-fi you know that this is difficult and should be applauded. Finally - my gripes:
    1. Please get the episodes to be serialized.
    2. Please get off of the "case by case" formula. You've got a smart audience - use it.
    3. Please stop the CSI plastic aesthetic. The future will look like people live there. There need to be more props, more clutter and more to look at on the sets. Cops are pigs - or rather - they're very busy and underfunded.
    In other words, this show mixed with "The Killing" would be my favorite thing ever.

One last note to a previous reviewer - people will be using ballistic weapons for a very long time. This show does a very good job of accurately dating the tech - a very difficult thing to do - if you can accept mass produced androids with souls as being just 30 years out that is.
  28. Feb 4, 2014
    This is a good show period. It has a big time hollywood quality main actor, great special effects, intruiging action that isn't over the top, an extremely well done aproximation of what the near future could look like, and it has a great dynamic on screen relationship / interaction between the main character and his android partner.

Between the high quality of the show and the way it

Between the high quality of the show and the way it approaches things with just the right amount of action, long term story arch mixed with single episode plots, character development and discussing "AI vs. soul" issues a la Ghost In The Shell, this is one of the best shows I have come across in a long time.

If you like things, watch this show. If you like stuff, you should watch this how. And if you like things, stuff AND Sci fi, then you should definitely watch this show. :P
  29. Jan 7, 2014
    The show is still in its infancy. There's certainly a lot of potential here. It's a little bit weak at times but it has a lot of very awesome aspects to it.
  30. Mar 20, 2014
    Almost Human might be America's most Sci-Fi, Sci-fi series not taking place in outer space to date, much like Canada's Continuum and the UK's Primeval. Almost Human is very much like an I, Robot or Surrogates (2008) TV series, taking place in the near-far future where police are required to partner up with an MX android. Accurate, precise, super strong, expendable and stupid. The showAlmost Human might be America's most Sci-Fi, Sci-fi series not taking place in outer space to date, much like Canada's Continuum and the UK's Primeval. Almost Human is very much like an I, Robot or Surrogates (2008) TV series, taking place in the near-far future where police are required to partner up with an MX android. Accurate, precise, super strong, expendable and stupid. The show focuses on detective John Kennex (Karl Urban) who becomes partenered with an older model android, the DRN (Michael Early). the DRN, Dorian, belonged to a line that was discontinued due to emotional unstability. Unlike the MX's, incapable of original thought, the DRNs are fully humanoid androids, capable of philosophical thought and intellect that surpasses their human counterparts.

The series has extremely strong character development which is a strong point of the series. It boasts amazing CG, a strong budget, good action choreography and isn't afraid of dark plotlines. It is a procedural drama, bringing a new case each week touching on highly interesting technology related crimes. A must see for any sci-fi fan out there.
  31. Jan 7, 2014
    Almost Human consistently delivers as a new twist on the buddy-cop genre. The show is smart, funny, and not afraid to spend money for decent special effects. The only downside of the show is Minka Kelly- who is pretty but terribly boring.

I'm really curious to see where this show goes.
  32. Jan 30, 2014
    It is now January 30 and this show gets better and better. The repartee between the fabulous leads is a riot and the plots clever enough with nice special effects. I hope Fox gives this show a chance to develop, perhaps with more characters to have primary rolls (like Alias and Fringe). I save this show for nights I want to be entertained, laugh a bit, and engrossed enough to escape theIt is now January 30 and this show gets better and better. The repartee between the fabulous leads is a riot and the plots clever enough with nice special effects. I hope Fox gives this show a chance to develop, perhaps with more characters to have primary rolls (like Alias and Fringe). I save this show for nights I want to be entertained, laugh a bit, and engrossed enough to escape the realities of the day. Not excessively violent like Blacklist which is refreshing too. Collapse
  33. Jan 7, 2014
    The second episode was not the greatest, but since then I've really enjoyed it! It's creative, funny, interesting and exciting! Love the new show. Give it a solid chance if you like syfy or similar shows.
  34. Feb 4, 2014
    Almost Human has all the makings of a great show, if Fox is smart enough to let it hit its stride. It's already leaps and bounds above most regular TV programming, and it hasn't fallen into the pit of taking itself too seriously to be depressing or boring, while still providing us actually interesting storylines for each episode that REALLY USE the technology of the future! One thing thatAlmost Human has all the makings of a great show, if Fox is smart enough to let it hit its stride. It's already leaps and bounds above most regular TV programming, and it hasn't fallen into the pit of taking itself too seriously to be depressing or boring, while still providing us actually interesting storylines for each episode that REALLY USE the technology of the future! One thing that most sci-fi shows end up doing is writing themselves into the corner and having to figure out how to solve crimes without all their hi-tech, while this show really invests in world building and using the futuristic technology that it created- All while managing to actually come across as feasible and realistic. Ealy and Urban have amazing chemistry to boot and make a great team. I'm very excited for this show to continue, but with Fox altering the airing schedule just like they did with Firefly it's no wonder that it's going to be a sleeper hit. Here's to hoping that people see it for what a gold mine it is before it's too late! Expand
  35. Feb 25, 2014
    I haven't enjoyed a sci-fi show like this in a long time. The acting is solid and you can really connect with the main characters in the show. Looking forward to each new episode. Together with the walking dead it's the only TV time I'm setting aside right now (until GOT restarts) everything else seems so beat/boring.
  36. Feb 27, 2014
    This is the best show I have seen in a long time. Had to create an account to dispute the critic ratings, they are way off the mark here. Its a brilliant exploration of cyber morality, modern day and looking to the near future, which is very relevant to today's societ.y..

Its viewed through a very heavily Philip K Dick styled lens (if you dont know he was more a writer, but Bladerunner, Scanner Darkly are a couple movies based on his books, and Total Recall was heavily influenced by him as well). The execution is near perfect, great connection with the main characters completely, very high production value.

Its not a futuristic shoot-em-up (though plenty of that) its an examination of important moral issues that may come to pass with tragic consequences, with great acting.

Best show since "the wire".
  37. Mar 4, 2014
    This is literally the best show ever!! I am so addicted to it!! It is unbelievably unique and intriguing. I really hope this incredible show does not get cancelled!!
  38. Apr 24, 2014
    I am so hooked on this show. Love the casting,,directing everything about this show. cannot wait till the next episode.. please do not cancel this show. Love the future aspect and they idea of human cops working with robot cops that look human.. it is really cool.
  39. Aug 20, 2014
    for those who love AI, androids and awesome tech - in a reachable future setting, will love this sci-fi serie.
    Just a great serie, with a dash of humanrobot emotions. This is the best serie I've ever seen.

1. Reviewed by: Vicki Hyman
    Feb 13, 2014
    The pilot (only the first hour was sent for review) is well made with strong leads and several intriguing hooks. Almost Human is almost there.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Nov 18, 2013
    Urban and Ealy are competent in their roles, damaged spirits destined to become brothers of a sort, not if, but only when.... While some viewers will be oblivious to the show’s racial politics, others will struggle to find a point. Somebody at Fox short-circuited.
  3. Reviewed by: Lesley Smith
    Nov 18, 2013
    If the premise intrigues you, watch or rewatch Blade Runner instead, and offer Almost Human the all-too-human body swerve.