Alphas : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 11, 2011
Season #: 1, 2
7.2

1. Jul 16, 2011
    What was advertised as a gripping new Sci-Fi series is in fact a very low budget and rather dul series of events that we just don't care about. Often the pilot is about setting the scene and introducing the characters, so when the scene is just not realistic and you don't care about the characters, it does rather make you wonder what they were trying to do. Ok, I will give it one moreWhat was advertised as a gripping new Sci-Fi series is in fact a very low budget and rather dul series of events that we just don't care about. Often the pilot is about setting the scene and introducing the characters, so when the scene is just not realistic and you don't care about the characters, it does rather make you wonder what they were trying to do. Ok, I will give it one more episode but there is much better TV out there, so why waste your time? Expand
  2. Aug 24, 2011
    Oh dear, I had high hopes of this but I gave up after watching 3 episodes. The premise is interesting, the writing, direction and special effects are good but the annoying minor actors (minor to me) are just too much to bear with their endless childishness - I suppose some are supposed to be childish but i just don't want to watch them sniping all the time.
  3. Sep 10, 2011
    The plot seemed really interesting but the actual show leaves more to be desired. Worth a watch right now since there isn't much on tele but I wouldn't put this on my all time favourites listing just yet ;)

1. Reviewed by: Mike Lechevallier
    Aug 1, 2011
    Even as tropes arrive in full force, exceptions to boilerplate good-versus-evil scenarios make occasional appearances.
  2. Reviewed by: Nancy Franklin
    Jul 29, 2011
    Their take on human nature may develop, but right now it's cartoonish in the worst way and too reminiscent of similar shows.
  3. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Jul 11, 2011
    As an origin story, Alphas hits some notes too hard and lacks a certain subtlety, yet there's potential in this tale, especially if it delves into the psychological cost of being extraordinary.