• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 5, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.2

1. Oct 8, 2014
    Is American Horror Story: Asylum as good as Murder House? No. However, Asylum is full of surprises and full of dark, terrifying moments that force you to look away from the screen. The writing is good; damned good actually, and the talent backs it up 6,000 percent. My only complaint is that the plot comes together very strangely, and in a lot of cases it fails to make sense, but that's only with a small handful of characters. Expand
  2. Sep 30, 2014
    Второй сезон на фоне первого - большой шаг вперед. Мрачная атмосфера Брайерклиффа заставит любого почувствовать себя психом и в этом главное достоинство второго сезона.
  3. Sep 24, 2014
    The second season is the best, really, the first is too weak and the third is to confused, i hope now with freakshow That We have other best season, cause this season all have to be the BEST
  4. Aug 31, 2014
    This is the season where everything clicks. Very few shows can pull off comedy, drama and suspense. American Horror Story: Season 2 does all of this flawlessly and adds horror to the mix. I was taken on a journey that comes just a few times in life.
  5. Jun 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season ( compared to season 1 ) is heavy.
    I absolutely loved it, so many things i didn't expect at all!
    The casting is amazing, great actors, all of them...
    American horror story is my favorite series ever.

The season is totally different from the first one, at first there's a lot of things confusing me, but when finishing the season it all comes clear perfectly.
    I do have to say that Lana turned out completely different than how I imagined, and that what she did in the last episode to johnny, i didn't think she should've done that...

Anyway, i loved the season, and altough it was familiar to a lot of different movies and series, i think the concept idea was great
  6. May 5, 2014
    I watched all 12 episodes of AHS season one and like a good book,i couldn't putt down.
    But was I ever disappointed in season two.
    I want Violet back! and the housekeeper!
    There was never anything close to the originality of season,two,but after buying only2 of AHS Season 2,I won't buy anymore nor watch anymore.
    Season two is a horror in itself.Shame on you for cheap old used tricks!
  7. Apr 19, 2014
    This season, on my opinion, is tied with Coven in terms of quality. It is a fun ride that I was completely on board with the entire time
    The concept is ones again rather cliché, as tends to be the case with American Horror Story. This being said, the magnificent cast does a lot to make it come alive. Jessica Lange makes an insane nun really come alive, and her character's interactions
    with James Cromwell's Doctor Arden are some of the highlights of the early season. Sarah Paulson takes a huge starring role when compared to the pervious season and completely pulls through. Lily Rabe and Zachary Quinto steal the show, though I won't say why as that could be a minor spoiler. Along with this, Evan Peters and Lizzie Brocheré nail there roles.
    The plot of the season is strong. It is a tale of corruption and violence, with human elements mixed throughout. One of the best things this season does is have both modern and past timelines (with the focus being on the past), drawing parallels that created a strong overarching story arch. This season is not always as outright horrific as the first season in content, but is amazing in how tense the atmosphere constantly is. Though it seems slightly cheap, the season gives itself an easy out/justification that becomes apparent rather quickly within the show, though it is done with enough grace to be valid.
    This season is the most disturbing in terms of content, thought that does not always mean outright horrific. Still, this is one of the best casts that the season has ever had and the plot makes sure to bring the audience along for one amazing roller-coaster.
  8. Apr 19, 2014
    This season is more about being scary than anything else. There is a good story with great characters and plot, but it feels like they're trying to scare you more than telling a good story. The season also ends with plot holes and unanswered questions, but still a great season overall.
  9. Feb 9, 2014
    Extremely well directed and creepy. The only problem is that there are certain plot elements that seem unnecessary and do nothing more than muddle what is happening in the season. However the directing is perfectly dark and the atmosphere is never lacking in creepiness. The acting is phenomenal as well!
  10. Feb 8, 2014
    Season 2 was way better than season 1. It was really captivating and wasn't "scary." There are some creepy parts, but nothing that would give somebody nightmares.
  11. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Love, Love this show it manges to capture a dark side of me the first season 7/10 the rest 10/10 the story lines are amazing and the quality of acting is great the current season 3 covers the true story off Mrs Delphine LaLaurie as cruel vile woman who is famous in New Orleans for her torture and cruelty towards slaves and the ancestors of her captives seeking revenge upon her the writer need to keep up the good work i learned a small piece of history watching this, the actors need to stay and continue the amazing job WATCH THIS NOW ! its booth entertaining and intriguing . Expand
  12. Dec 29, 2013
    I do not have much detail to give about this review but I was compelled to write a review. It hit me very emotionally and the characters felt real. I do not watch television/movies very often because I have never been very impressed but this season changed it for me. It made me feel different about my life after watching it, I felt legitimately happy and sad during parts. I cried during the last episode; it tied the whole season together VERY well. This is my all time favorite display of media; books, movies, stories, all of it. It can be very graphic but it adds to the realism of the story. I felt though as I had watched a movie or read a book, but I understand why it is a TV series. The emotion could not be captured in simply two hours. Expand
  13. Dec 22, 2013
    Halfway through this season and I'm scared outta my mind. The friggen beginning is scary too lol.
    Super good and amazing actors. The horror, gore, twist and turns, it's "insane" pun intended.
    Very good and crazy show.
  14. Nov 19, 2013
    While the cinematography is better than the inaugural season, Asylum is less consistent and gets a little bit too twisty at times. I love twists, but this season keeps too many things hidden for too long that it gets a little bit frustrating to wait for the next episode each week. What I love from the show is its efforts on mixing facts up with fictions that some conspiracy-junkies out there might actually think that the show is solely based on true events while it really is just making references to popular culture. Expand
  15. Nov 17, 2013
    For a seasoned horror fan there is nothing new here. Many concepts used throughout the season are recycled from the 80s horror classics. If your new to horror, this season will provide some thrills and chills. The fundamentals of this new season are based around a 1960s asylum. This is a great theme. It is such a disappointment that there was no new concepts to really define and give the series its own identity. It felt like every horror theme used in this series always seems exhausted and worn out.

When the series comes up with new Horror concepts I ll be more interested. Seasoned horror fans will be bored. New folks to horror will find this series very dark and chilling. The whole Nazi, alien and wearing dead skin themes have really been exhausted.

Hopefully season 3 will be much more refined and unique, that is what this series needs Identity. It wont keep hardcore fans by running recycled themes episode after episode. So boring.
  16. Sep 16, 2013
    Cómo la web me pide un mínimo de 150 caracteres, y necesito hacer el review para poder tenerla archivada en mi perfil, pues suelto este rollo y mi votación es de 8. Un saludo.
  17. Aug 25, 2013
    Evan Peters's performance is awesome! The rest of the casting too, but Peters 10, the expression of the face, the naturalness, the 1st chapter too :P. I'm so excited to see the 3rd season.
  18. Jun 26, 2013
    Asylum is scary and disturbing, walking on the same tone of complex and fantasy, mixes science fiction with horror which is great, it is ten times scarier than the first, but less funnier, and short on the slow parts.
  19. Jun 18, 2013
    I loved this season a bit more than the first one (which I rated as 8 out of 10). The actors delivered perfectly, the story was thrilling up until the two final episodes where it got a little confusing. But the whole thing made me grin so many times and it was so fun that I had to give this season 9 point. And the final line was creepy and amazing at the same time, making the finale absolutely memorable. Expand
  20. Jun 12, 2013
    Much better that the first season. Plot amazing. Actors fabulous. Sarah paulson gorgeous. Jessica Lange does have my respect. This season is really in an other level than the first one. It is scary, entertaining and sexy in the same time. A good one. A must-watch
  21. May 18, 2013
    It is highly disturbing and anti-religious in some scenes, it is of coarse very scary, sexy and clever, it is so intense and creepy, recommended and one of the greatest
  22. May 18, 2013
    An overcomplicated, and rather tedious followup to a fun and intriguing first season. I hated season two of this show. The acting is still good, and there are some scares here and there, but this season never manages to lift off the ground. The story is schizophrenic, and has no real vision of what it is trying to be. I know I am in the minority here, but seriously this season left a bad taste in my mouth. I won't watch season three. Disappointed. Expand
  23. Apr 29, 2013
    Just like the first season this is a solid Horrr series, and while I think the first one has the upper hand it's only slightly as both are fantastic. Great to see a number of cast members back, and playing different roles also! It got slightly disjointed towards the end but I think it had a great final episode. Overall very impressive and I'm really looking forward to Season 3!
  24. Apr 28, 2013
    When Season 2 started, you just knew that this would be fun. The show was already up to its standard bearings as the craziest, most psycho show on television. Then it kind of went off the deep end. They started telling the story with good intentions, but soon fell off. They didn't give me a reason to even care that Bloody Face's son was even his son. Why should I have cared? I shouldn't have, and I didn't. But, throughout the show they kept cutting to meaningless scenes with him. I got it, he's messed up because his father was a serial killer and his mother tried to abort him. And then the common theme of the season was pregnancy. And I noticed this with Season 1 as well. Why? Why are they giving birth? And why are they having them all together, it seemed. And another thing that brought the show down was aliens. The belief of Aliens. You could have just kept it there all in Kit's head, but no. Expansion was your game. And you played it. You played this season down into the ground. It literally became, one of the greatest shows on TV to one of the most boring, dull, shows of all time. Hopefully they strike fire and do good with the fresh start with Season 3. Expand
  25. Apr 18, 2013
    Asylum is definitely better than Season 1. Unfortunately, I don't find this season to be scary at all. It has a compelling and thrilling storyline but the scare tricks do not work for me. But it has a good mixture of demons, aliens, and Nazis in its crazy subplot. Lange and Cromwell's performance are irresistible. I'm definitely stoked for this show and cannot wait for more!
  26. Apr 5, 2013
    American Horror Story:Asylum was a very fun,thrilling ride.I enjoyed it thoroughly and overall the season delivered in the thrills,the horror,the violence and dark imagery.The show sets such a dark,horroifying tone this season and the Asylum is very atmospheric and mysterious.A multitude of twisted characters inhabit this world including an ex-Nazi,a devil-possessed nun,and a mysterious killer by the name of "Bloodyface". The acting was very consistant this season and Jessica Lange was as great as she always is.The supernatural forces at play was kicked up this season with angels,devils,aliens being thrown into the mix.But in the end,it all works perfectly.Very unpredictable show,and enough to satisfy any Horror Fan or fan of great TV shows.If your a fan of classic horror and shows like "Tales from the Crypt" definitely check out American Horror Story:Asylum.Very fun,entertaining show to watch. Expand
  27. Mar 8, 2013
    one of the most surreal crazy tv show.... got every horror genre in it, alien, ghost, creatures, mad scientist, demons yet somehow, everything is kept tight..... looooooove it....
  28. Mar 6, 2013
    Si la primer temporada te gusto esta te va a encantar. Ahora es mucho mas psicológico metiendo a extraterrestres y un final no esperado a pesar de no tuvo tantos giros como la primer temporada pero su historia y personajes hicieron de "Asylum" una gran temporada.espero con ansias la tercer temporada.
  29. Feb 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. American Horror Story is back and there is more horror than ever! Instead of following in the footsteps of the Harmon family like the first season, which was brilliant, we are now taken to a 1960s Briarcliffe; a dark and cruel mental asylum where this year's horror is now taking place. This season shows us many horrors such as aliens, nazis, serial killers and demons, but it faces human problems like racism and other problems. The writing in this season is top-notch and is constantly unpredictable; you expect the season to go one way and it takes you into another. The acting is, as always, brilliant, especially from Jessica Lange and Frances Conroy, who are always fantastic at whatever role they portray. Lily Rabe's Sister Eunice was by-far my favourite character in the series; she had the ability to be completely unlikable and utterly lovable at the same time, and also was menacing and hilarious at the same time as well. Speaking of menacing, Zachary Quinto's Thredson (SPOILER! Who is later revealed to be Bloody Face; one of the main horrors this season) was utterly frightening and disturbing and whenever he made his presence on screen, fear as well as a grin will be brought out from viewers. All together; the acting and the characters were both great. All together, American Horror Story: Asylum is fantastic horror TV that outdoes the last amazing season; though viewers be warner this season will provide grotesque, graphic and shocking moments that will break the boundaries of TV...and that is why American Horror Story is amazing. Looking forward to the next season. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Nov 1, 2012
    Does it add up to a coherent whole? Impossible to say so far. Asylum is, in its opening episodes, more energetic and impishly funny than its predecessor.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 25, 2012
    It's dark, big-top sadism, and we wait for a story to emerge. [5 Nov 2012, p.41]
  3. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Oct 17, 2012
    Like a good scare? How about a bad scare? Or a thousand scares, good and bad and crazy? Season 2 of "American Horror Story," subtitled Asylum, is for you.