Arrow : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.1

1. Jan 9, 2017
    Arrow bides it's time and it's worth it with a great cast brilliant development and heavy drama all while using awesome action arrow hits the bullseye in its first season
  2. Oct 18, 2016
    The Arrow

The Arrow

The Arrow focuses on a billionaire who was shipwrecked on an island. His boat is destroyed by a storm and a saboteur. While floating in a lifeboat hundreds of miles from civilization his father gives him a list of people that have destroyed Oliver’s home town. When he reaches the island he is the only still alive as his father killed everyone else including himself so he would have enough food. The Island holds many dangers and enemies, but it also contains a few friends that make this man into a survivor with many traits of a very highly trained soldier. His name was Oliver Queen, but now he best known as “The Vigilante.” When he gets rescued he takes the list his father gave him and he deals with those people through whatever means necessary. At first he easily kills or discourages these people but he eventually runs into complications that make the show more exciting. The Arrow is a very interesting and exciting show that uses unrealistic and impossible scenarios to envelope the viewer.
    This show is very similar to other superhero shows and movies where the hero is able to dodge bullets and catch arrows. Like in many other superhero movies, the Arrow in this case is unable to shoot straight when facing a super villain but is able to do fantastic things and never miss while facing against regular people. This show is very cheesy so you need to turn your brain off while watching it if you want to enjoy it. There are many plot holes and impossible scenarios in this show that you must ignore. In season three a main character who trained with Oliver reveals her identity but no one even glances at Oliver which is unbelievable because some main characters were already suspecting that he was the arrow. Many people would say that it is too unrealistic to enjoy but the action scenes make up for the unrealistic situation they are in.
    While it is as believable as a pig flying a plane, the show can be very exciting. Every episode has many action scenes and they constantly flash back to Oliver’s death defying time on the island. The flashbacks show him getting tortured, killing terrorists, becoming an assassin, and making some very dangerous enemies. I found myself enjoying the flashbacks much more thane events because the flashback is possible and believable, however unlikely, at least for the first two seasons. Many of the episodes are repetitive but the there are still many fantastic surprises.
    While the show still goes on, the writers seem to be struggling with more ideas to add. The show is becoming sporadic and using things that contradict information they give the viewer in a previous season as if they have simply forgot. In one season they have a criminal fight off hundreds of soldiers with only a sword and bow but later have the same criminal get knocked unconscious in a prison brawl. The viewers are left to wonder, will the writers find more inspiration or will the show fall apart?
  3. May 18, 2016
    With movie-like action sequences, amazing character development, and top-notch dialogue, Arrow succeeds as a great comic-book TV Show! The complex and interwoven motives and backstories of the characters make this show a must-watch for anyone interested in comic book action/adventure TV Shows.
  4. Mar 29, 2016
    Rich white guy with daddy issues tries to save his city by fighting crime in a costume. No this isn't Batman. Based on DC's Green Arrow, CW has created a superhero show for a slightly more mature audience. If you don't like superheroes who kill, this season is not for you. Season one has a fantastic story arc and Stephen Amell, David Ramsey and Paul Blackthorne really standout among anRich white guy with daddy issues tries to save his city by fighting crime in a costume. No this isn't Batman. Based on DC's Green Arrow, CW has created a superhero show for a slightly more mature audience. If you don't like superheroes who kill, this season is not for you. Season one has a fantastic story arc and Stephen Amell, David Ramsey and Paul Blackthorne really standout among an overall solid cast. Expand
  5. Feb 6, 2016
    The flash backs are wonderful, all the hints and easter eggs are so much fun, the cast is great, real life hero would make the comic arrow proud! I love all the spin offs, but this is my favorite of the shows. I love felicity, the constant introduction to loved comic characters, and the tone of the show. Added bonus of mocking "arrow cave" and "arrow mobile" when the comic got started, andThe flash backs are wonderful, all the hints and easter eggs are so much fun, the cast is great, real life hero would make the comic arrow proud! I love all the spin offs, but this is my favorite of the shows. I love felicity, the constant introduction to loved comic characters, and the tone of the show. Added bonus of mocking "arrow cave" and "arrow mobile" when the comic got started, and the shows roots similar to batmans. (: Expand
  6. Jan 29, 2016
    I believe this show accomplishes what it was intended to do, appeal to a wide audience and have a balance of action, adventure, explosions, love stories, sex, drama, etc. This series is every bit as a soap opera as it is a super hero show. It executes it all in a satisfactory balance.
    For some it will be too dramatic and corny with all the emotions and soap operas. That person will have to watch another show if emotion and human conflict bother them.
    An excellent show that has moments of being lame. As with life, this show becomes extremely better once you accept the BS and focus on what makes it worth it.
  7. Jan 22, 2016
    This show has good villains and actions. But I am really tired of their bullsh*t relationship problems. Characters are just so weak always complaining, whining about their life. Specially Laurel Lance.
  8. Dec 6, 2015
    Easily the show's best season, even if its finale does fall flat. Watching Oliver Queen dole out vigilante justice in a morally gray manner makes for great television. It has its weaknesses no doubt, but as a fun, if at times repetitive, action series, Arrow does a good job. Unlike the later seasons, this one gets the formula just about right, properly balancing the action and primaryEasily the show's best season, even if its finale does fall flat. Watching Oliver Queen dole out vigilante justice in a morally gray manner makes for great television. It has its weaknesses no doubt, but as a fun, if at times repetitive, action series, Arrow does a good job. Unlike the later seasons, this one gets the formula just about right, properly balancing the action and primary conflict with just the right measures of human subplot and moral debate. Expand
  9. Nov 5, 2015
    I love superheroes and Arrow is one of the best superheroes ever !!! The Story is exciting. There are cool characters and cool Villains and Stephen Ammel fits well to Arrow. Thanks WB for this awsome TV show.
  10. Sep 18, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the better shows at character building, the flashback sequences are the gold here, showing the main character Oliver's progression into becoming what he is. This is proper character progression and development at its finest and worth the watch for that alone. Expand
  11. Jul 27, 2015
    All Arrow seasons are at least great, this is a very good TV show and I recommend to every one who likes TV series and Heroes.
    This is the rating for each seasons to this point:
    season 1: 8
    season 2: 10
    season 3: 9
  12. Jun 16, 2015
    An epic and gritty take on The Green Arrow, this show draws a lot of inspiration from The Dark Knight trilogy. Brining to life many of your iconic and favorite heroes and villains such as Deathstroke, Malcolm Merlyn, Count Vertigo, The Huntress, The Atom, Speedy, Deadshot, The Suicide Squad, and so many more. Filled with gripping action, suspense, mystery, some comedy, and plenty of DCAn epic and gritty take on The Green Arrow, this show draws a lot of inspiration from The Dark Knight trilogy. Brining to life many of your iconic and favorite heroes and villains such as Deathstroke, Malcolm Merlyn, Count Vertigo, The Huntress, The Atom, Speedy, Deadshot, The Suicide Squad, and so many more. Filled with gripping action, suspense, mystery, some comedy, and plenty of DC lore, this is a show recommended for DC fan boys! And don't forget to check out its little sister spin-off, The Flash! Expand
  13. May 28, 2015
    The first season of Arrow was great. it offered interesting characters, with a very powerful story of a man who's experiences on an island change his life. The writing is really good, but it is re-hashed for most of the series. But the formula is good, so it works for the most part. Other than the killing, the character of the Green Arrow is very faithful. And he is very well acted. TheyThe first season of Arrow was great. it offered interesting characters, with a very powerful story of a man who's experiences on an island change his life. The writing is really good, but it is re-hashed for most of the series. But the formula is good, so it works for the most part. Other than the killing, the character of the Green Arrow is very faithful. And he is very well acted. They try to turn him into Batman, but there are enough new ideas here to keep it fresh. A very good start to the series. Expand
  14. May 24, 2015
    After searching for an action packed TV series for a while, I cam across Arrow. I had my reservations to begin with as it did not sound like something I would normally watch. I'll tell you now, it's no Game of Thrones but it stands alone with its own entirety. Everyone says it, but there is never a dull moment. Berlanti, the writer of the series, combines violence and action neatly with aAfter searching for an action packed TV series for a while, I cam across Arrow. I had my reservations to begin with as it did not sound like something I would normally watch. I'll tell you now, it's no Game of Thrones but it stands alone with its own entirety. Everyone says it, but there is never a dull moment. Berlanti, the writer of the series, combines violence and action neatly with a unique story which intertwines with other series. The sign of a good action series is when it inspires you to tone your body to resemble to protagonist and since starting this series I have been intent on becoming like Oliver Queen! Expand
  15. May 15, 2015
    Good show Good fight scenes and getting better each season.Can't wait for Season 4 as it should be a good one going by the why there getting better, each season brings its own bad guy.
  16. May 14, 2015
    So, I thought I would laugh and point at the latest comic book TV series (not even a movie haha!) and I was totally rebuffed by the performance of Stephen Amell. He has completely made his careerr in this series. An amazing performance and cast.

Felicity Smoak is a great character also, played by Emily Rickards and she does a great job with it. I'm giving it a 9/10 for the

I'm giving it a 9/10 for the performances alone.
  17. Apr 23, 2015
    Started off poorly but has quickly become one of my favorite shows to watch. I've grind watched this season rather quickly and can't wait to jump into season 2.
  18. Feb 23, 2015
    We grow up with different comics on this side of the Atlantic so I'm not as familiar with the DC characters as most. So this was a treat. Nice adaptation. Everyone is hot or handsome which is easy on the eye.

They can act too, especially ,Steven Amell, the lead who is excellent. Some of the supporting cast are a little slight but overall considering the budget this is very good and very addictive.
  19. Feb 19, 2015
    Great first season which just gets better in the second. The action is on par with shows like the walking dead and 24. The acting gets better with every episode.
  20. Jan 24, 2015
    Swooowsh !!!.Here comes the ARROW !!!.The series is having a very gripping story line. The flashback story-telling is particularly very interesting (used best it could have been). What could have been a superhero story where good characters fight the bad guys, Arrow gives you something to look up to. The stories revolve around 'Oliver in the past with a particular event' and how it definesSwooowsh !!!.Here comes the ARROW !!!.The series is having a very gripping story line. The flashback story-telling is particularly very interesting (used best it could have been). What could have been a superhero story where good characters fight the bad guys, Arrow gives you something to look up to. The stories revolve around 'Oliver in the past with a particular event' and how it defines Arrow/Oliver 's decision in present which is the most fascinating..The fight sequences are very good seeing that it is a TV show. Stephen Amell is very good as Arrow and Oliver. He seems to have the depth in his understanding of the character Arrow. Felicity is very convincing with her fast paced dialogues and of course with her smile. Diggle, Roy, Lance have done a very good job as well. To me it is almost like a movie being shown in parts, with every portion explained - Well done Team Arrow !! Expand
  21. Jan 18, 2015
    Arrow was one of the best TV series I have ever watch
    i mean the story line , the villains , it even tells you about origins of super-villains in future dc comics or shows
    If you are a DC fan or just wanting to watch something to past time
    THIS IS THE BEST SHOW I COULD RECOMMEND besides the flash
  22. Jan 14, 2015
    Having moved away from its Dark Knight feel, "Arrow" simply gets better and better with each season. Gone are the concerns about keeping the flashbacks going, in comes deeper characterisation and more interesting villains. Well played by the cast and a series that's first on the weekly list to watch.
  23. Dec 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Me-surpreendeu, pois não esperava algo tão bom, principalmente para uma primeira temporada, mas aqui estamos já na terceira temporada e cada vez melhor! Não é a toa que está fazendo em grande sucesso. Parabéns pessoal da (The CW). Expand
  24. Dec 23, 2014
    Despite my disregard for most of DC Comics’ products, I was expecting something out of this TV show, and surprisingly enough, it was actually a well put together show. Some episodes were more rewarding than the others, but what it counts, is the average rating of all them. Let me start pointing out that I simply loved Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen. He kinda looks like Bruce Wayne inDespite my disregard for most of DC Comics’ products, I was expecting something out of this TV show, and surprisingly enough, it was actually a well put together show. Some episodes were more rewarding than the others, but what it counts, is the average rating of all them. Let me start pointing out that I simply loved Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen. He kinda looks like Bruce Wayne in Nolan’s trilogy, to be honest. The rest of the cast is solid, and what it’s more satisfying is that they portray richly intriguing characters. Example: Slade Wilson (aka Deathstroke). You only see him through flashbacks and believe me, this show partly focuses on events that happened on the island, and they’re pretty interesting. Once the story unfolds, the show starts presenting new characters, and new subplots. Before I start analyzing this series, let’s see the plot summary below.

Oliver Queen and his father are lost at sea when their luxury yacht sinks, apparently in a storm. His father dies, but Oliver survives for five years on an uncharted island and eventually returns home. But he wasn't alone on the island where he learned not only how to fight and survive but also of his father's corruption and unscrupulous business dealings. He returns to civilization a changed man, determined to put things right. He disguises himself with the hood of one of his mysterious island mentors, arms himself with a bow and sets about hunting down the men and women who have corrupted his city.

The first issue I had with the first episode, the “Pilot” episode is that it relied on so many flashbacks and it was too damn that rushed that ultimately felt like an expository installment. Thankfully, the show improved, and kept showing more and more interesting characters. One of my favorite characters in this show is, of course, Oliver Queen himself. The character (played by Stephen Amell) is a playboy millionaire who once seemed like a nice guy until he cheats Laurel (his love interest) with her sister Sarah on a boat trip. Unfortunately, the boat just happens to be sabotaged and Sarah dies, along with Queen’s father, Robert, who kills himself to challenge his son: He needs to survive on the island. This story seems rather captivating, but it's weighed down by a somewhat questionable dialogue. Luckily, for the show, the performances are excellent. Not only from Amell, but for its supporting cast. Moira Queen, Oliver’s mother, is a selfish woman whose purposes are still unknown, and Malcom is the father of Tommy, Oliver’s best friend. Another thing that I didn’t like that much is Arrow’s little screen time in some episodes. Yes, I know that the episodes have to be short and there’s a story to tell, but good God, at least give the Hood a chance to shine even more.

When Arrow shows up, however, is awesome. The action sequences suffer from some shaky cams, but they are well choreographed and intense. The final battle in the last episode was nothing special, though. They focused more on the Glades’ destruction. As I was saying, the battle scenes are short just like Arrow’s screen time but they are very well served.

Final Score to Arrow (Season 1): 7.5/10. This is a solidly entertaining super-hero TV show that not only benefits from its strong cast but also benefits from great action scenes, even if the dialogue could use some work. If you’re a fan of Arrow or even super-heroes in general, you won’t pass this out. I’m sure of it.
  25. Dec 19, 2014
    I agree that this show is far from being realistic, especially the bullets never hit him. This being said, I watch it with my girlfriend and we like the story, the cast and the fights. It's a good simple and fun show to watch.
  26. Oct 19, 2014
    A Great CW show with a lot of good villains and story arcs, a bit similar to Batman in some ways but still worth a watch. The show is in season three and might take you a while to catch up but it's worth it
  27. Oct 16, 2014
    The last few episodes of this season were amazingly intense.
    The progress of the plot was...... wow. This is what actually made Arrow the best show CW has had in years, save Flash (for later!)
  28. Sep 26, 2014
    HONESTLY this season started off as a crap CW romance show with a DC comics character, with more "action" then well the fighting kind of action. But then Slade Wilson appeared on the island and the show went up hill from there. The season finale was brilliant. HONESTLY it redeemed itself in the later half.
  29. Sep 26, 2014
    AWESOME AND AWESOME such a realistic approach to a superhero show and superb acting and action sequences make this show a must watch Stephen Amell Caity lolz are awesome as Arrow And Canary recommended show hope this show goes on forever :)
  30. Jul 21, 2014
    DC comics are is the best comic company in the world and with this release of Arrow it gladly stabilises it the show is so good at portraying a man on a mission at making him seem oblivious to his families problems and only concentrates at the task at hand. The CW have done an amazing job of bringing green arrow to life and I hope they keep this up

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    The CW's best show since Gossip Girl.... it has a forthright narrative seriousness, a respect for the gobbledy-gook that makes up any superhero's backstory--and a game cast performing with the correct degree of seriousness. [19 Nov 2012, p.35]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Your interest in Arrow depends on how much you miss the troubled-in-love, conflicted-by-family heroics of Smallville--it mirrors that series' setup.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 10, 2012
    This slick action-drama is based on the comic book superhero Green Arrow. Prepare to quiver.