• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.2

1. Nov 14, 2012
    Yeah, I just couldn't get into the show. I gave it 3 episodes and it just wasn't that good. The lead actor isn't that good, The characters are incredibly generic, the "villains" are terrible, and there are so many pathetic and pointless twists and turns that they just seemed added in order to add interested thus making you keep watching to see what happens. Imagine Nolen's batman films butYeah, I just couldn't get into the show. I gave it 3 episodes and it just wasn't that good. The lead actor isn't that good, The characters are incredibly generic, the "villains" are terrible, and there are so many pathetic and pointless twists and turns that they just seemed added in order to add interested thus making you keep watching to see what happens. Imagine Nolen's batman films but poorly executed for television and that's what this show is. Expand
  2. Oct 13, 2012
    "Machine guns fired at him can't hit him!" This sums up the show. So if you like your shows to make sense, avoid this. Also, cheesy dialog galore. Typical TV trash.
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    The show starts quite soapy with a lot of family drama going on with Green Arrow being referred to by a variety of stupid names like 'that archer guy' and hunting down ordinary criminals one by one in a pretty uninteresting manner. After the first few episodes they stick to 'the hood' as his name and the city side of things develops a main plot and becomes very good. It doesn't drag thingsThe show starts quite soapy with a lot of family drama going on with Green Arrow being referred to by a variety of stupid names like 'that archer guy' and hunting down ordinary criminals one by one in a pretty uninteresting manner. After the first few episodes they stick to 'the hood' as his name and the city side of things develops a main plot and becomes very good. It doesn't drag things out like some shows would when it comes to telling people who he is and he gets a good team together and more comic characters show up. The island side of the story is pretty annoying early on, interrupting the action in the city stories and making you think 'I don't care about this, why are they still showing us the island' but it eventually develops a good plot of its own which ties in with the main city plot and even when there is a whole episode on the island its not unwelcome. It's taking a long time for Dinah to become Canary but given the shows caution with superpowers its understandable. Since Flash is getting an appearance which is apparently a back door pilot in season 2 it probably wont be long before she does find her voice. John Barrowman is great as Merlyn and the finale was awesome. Expand
  4. Oct 9, 2013
    A Television Series does not get much better than the CW's Arrow. It's got literally everything you could want a show to have, and it does it well. It's real, it's gritty, well-scripted, not over the top, has an attractive cast that is both unique, and likable and features action sequences that rival those seen in high budget majors films. At the moment, there is no other series on airA Television Series does not get much better than the CW's Arrow. It's got literally everything you could want a show to have, and it does it well. It's real, it's gritty, well-scripted, not over the top, has an attractive cast that is both unique, and likable and features action sequences that rival those seen in high budget majors films. At the moment, there is no other series on air like Arrow. It feels like a darker, more Comic-book oriented Smallville, with a higher budget, and a lot more death. Highly recommend this show to fans of Smallville, Nikita, and The Human Target Expand
  5. Nov 26, 2013
    I had no idea what to expect going in. While I am a comic book fan, Green Arrow was never one I followed. This show has made me regret not doing so. In many ways Arrow reminds me allot of Smallville, just with a darker tone. Nice to have a superhero that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. My only complaint is all the posing Stephen Amell does. Clearly every shot with his shirt off isI had no idea what to expect going in. While I am a comic book fan, Green Arrow was never one I followed. This show has made me regret not doing so. In many ways Arrow reminds me allot of Smallville, just with a darker tone. Nice to have a superhero that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. My only complaint is all the posing Stephen Amell does. Clearly every shot with his shirt off is there to rope in the female demographic and was almost as shameless in doing so as Twilight's Taylor Lautner. Still Shirtlessness aside, I like the show.

Overall:
    I really hope this series has a long future ahead of it and look forward to future seasons.

Side Note:
    While I get the series is taking some cues from Nolan's Batman, I wouldn't mind a little bit of a supernatural flair.
  6. Oct 12, 2012
    WOW! Good beginning for a superhero. Arrow really proved to be a better series than I thought it would be. It has that vibe, that potential and moreover, the storyline can be really good if written and edited properly. Although there were few mistakes in the pilot and editing sucked at times but I hope the future episodes will be better and well crafted.
  7. Jun 17, 2013
    This show has the full package. Action, mystery, thrill, romance, superheroes, a sight sense of humor, charm, hot characters, good actors, good music, good story lines, thrilling cliffhangers. One of my best shows in my list and let me warn u it is a very long list. Even though it deserves more than 9 I do not believe in a rating of 10.
  8. Oct 10, 2012
    I'm hoping that 'Arrow' follows the ranks of 'Supernatural' and 'Smallville' and becomes yet another comic book drama that's a hit for CW... It deserves it.
  9. Oct 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Those already familiar with the story of Oliver Queen will likely see familiar territory but to all others, it presents a mixed bag. The casting of Amell as Queen was a weird choice and though he is visually strong his acting ability isn't there yet. The pilot presented too many plot holes and often went in and out of dream sequences randomly. Then being hit by bullets without a scratch? It seems to be a take on Batman with a different name. I wonder why they didn't just make Batman. That being said, to have any kind of comic book hero back on screen is a good thing and hopefully after a few episodes, the show finds it footing and I'll continue to watch it. Hopefully. Expand
  10. Oct 17, 2013
    I really wished that the events Oliver had while he was still stranded on the island was a separate series. The status quo on Sterling City, the nonsense episodes sometimes, and the unnecessary hero-laden scenes were not pleasing. It was a 10 for the Lian Yu scenes and 2 for Sterling City. Making the score to 6.
  11. Oct 27, 2012
    I'm sure, this show works for a specific target audience, many of them being into the comic. I, however, gave up after two episodes. Fighting with a bow against a small army with machine guns and not getting a scratch is ludicrous. Being stranded on a lost island makes a regular guy a fighting machine and a skilled archer? Please! An arrow with a memory chip sucking data through the wallI'm sure, this show works for a specific target audience, many of them being into the comic. I, however, gave up after two episodes. Fighting with a bow against a small army with machine guns and not getting a scratch is ludicrous. Being stranded on a lost island makes a regular guy a fighting machine and a skilled archer? Please! An arrow with a memory chip sucking data through the wall onto the chip? Come ON!
    The B-Plot with Arrow's mother plotting things behind his back seems run of the mill to me. Too many plot holes and it requires too much suspension of disbelieve on my side. Thanks, but no thanks.
  12. Nov 21, 2012
    This superhero show is the CW's best show since Gossip Girl
  13. Nov 10, 2014
    Season 1 of Arrow is polarizing with a lot of strong episodes countered by a lot of weak ones. This show tries too be different from other shows, but with its similarity to Nolan's stellar Batman franchise + CW's forced love triangles, it just feels unoriginal. The flashbacks are far more interesting than the Starling City plot too. The season starts of episodic and boring but ends on aSeason 1 of Arrow is polarizing with a lot of strong episodes countered by a lot of weak ones. This show tries too be different from other shows, but with its similarity to Nolan's stellar Batman franchise + CW's forced love triangles, it just feels unoriginal. The flashbacks are far more interesting than the Starling City plot too. The season starts of episodic and boring but ends on a string of powerful episodes that sets up decently for Season 2. Expand
  14. Dec 29, 2013
    Enjoyed the hell out of the arrow, yet despite all the positive effects of the show (obviously the fact that it brings Green Arrow to the big screen with many other great DC cameos) the show is rather off putting due to rather dull, in my opinion HORRIBLE acting (all the characters fell so wooden, s2 acting is ALOT better, i mean Ollie half the time looks like hes got a big stick up hisEnjoyed the hell out of the arrow, yet despite all the positive effects of the show (obviously the fact that it brings Green Arrow to the big screen with many other great DC cameos) the show is rather off putting due to rather dull, in my opinion HORRIBLE acting (all the characters fell so wooden, s2 acting is ALOT better, i mean Ollie half the time looks like hes got a big stick up his ass or something) this is really my only big gripe and the fact that the marketing for this show made me believe that it was for Teenage girls, its not, it appeals to us guys as well, it just makes u feel embraced that ur watching the show.

Overall i really enjoyed the arrow, only having 2 big gripes i still believe that it is enjoyable and that the writing is very well done, on most eps.
    overall I recommend sitting down and watching the Arrow: 7/10, is good, not great, the 2 gripes really got in the way of my enjoyment
  15. Jun 18, 2013
    This is an outstanding show. DC Comic fans are given a show the almost entirely made for them and them alone. A very Smallville like show, Arrow follows the story of Oliver Queen, aka, the famous Green Arrow! The shows brings characters to life, such as the Huntress, Black Canary, Deathstroke, and Deadshot.
  16. Sep 25, 2014
  17. Oct 16, 2012
    Wow.. I wasn't expecting that! I know violence shouldn't be used to prop up a show but it works! People actually get shot and killed in full view. Yeah sometimes there's clever editing but Oliver Queen actually kills bad guys!? That's a first! (For TV any way). You have to suspend belief for a super hero show by the way... I see some reviewers complaining you see... If you call forWow.. I wasn't expecting that! I know violence shouldn't be used to prop up a show but it works! People actually get shot and killed in full view. Yeah sometimes there's clever editing but Oliver Queen actually kills bad guys!? That's a first! (For TV any way). You have to suspend belief for a super hero show by the way... I see some reviewers complaining you see... If you call for reality then a lot of human supers would die in issue 1 or episode one! And the Batman comparison... The character is from from the same universe! And also.. You could always say the Batman model of the last 20 years was stolen from ninja's no? There's a lot of Michael Mann in Nolan's Batman.. He ain't that original.. Face it a lot of things are going be like Batman.. It's freakin comic book world! When you are an edgy Green Arrow what else can you do? Back to the review... The acting is Smallville standard, everybody is hot and the pacing is good. Don't expect comic book Green Arrow though.. Just like how Smallville is different to comic book Superman.
    Anyway if you liked all the other super hero TV shows then you'd like this.
  18. Jan 31, 2013
    This is a show with so much potential and hopefully we can get a glimpse of how good it can get by the end of first season. The acting ranges from poor to average, the actors should start getting better by the end of the season, since they have been with these characters for a while now. The action is fun most of the time, but sometimes its very unexciting. The tone goes for a darker feel,This is a show with so much potential and hopefully we can get a glimpse of how good it can get by the end of first season. The acting ranges from poor to average, the actors should start getting better by the end of the season, since they have been with these characters for a while now. The action is fun most of the time, but sometimes its very unexciting. The tone goes for a darker feel, it does work, but it might be a little to over the top. The biggest problem is that there isnt one main villian and it hurts the show alot. We get brief appearances from some of the villians from the comic books, but they quickly leave the show and it gets messy at times. That will be the biggest problem for Arrow, is finding how to progress this story and its characters. Expand
  19. Nov 23, 2013
    At the beginning of season 1 i thought it sucked badly but it got a lot better quickly and i got really hocked on it. Now its a must see for me every week
  20. Oct 14, 2012
    this was dire, a cheap knock off of the batman franchise. I to found the hundreds of rounds fired at the hero with none managing to nick him unbearable by the end. To say you have to suspend disbelief is a gross understatement, his disguise is essentially heavy mascara and a scowl. Its targeted at a specific audience and if your past a certain age this is not going to be for you.
  21. Dec 8, 2012
    This is a well done take on the Green Arrow by the CW, though I must say I wish they'd have used Justin Hartley and kept it in the Smallville universe for cross overs (who wouldn't mind seeing Tom Welling kick some butt, right?). But then again, this is a great show on its own so I digress.

Stephen Amell is a great Green Arrow. He plays the arrogant, rich playboy quite well, and the action and atmosphere he creates in his scenes is quite true to form. The whole hiding your identity underneath some face paint and a hood thing is as ridiculous as super man's alter ego donning glasses and being unrecognizable, but overlooking that there's not a lot wrong with the show. If I really had to nitpick, I'd say that there's a bit too much going on away from the main plot (who cares about the billionaire best friend hitting on 'that one girl'? Not me...) and Willa Holland was dangerously under used. Other than that, this is my new Smallville equivalent super hero show. Not as good, but very good none the less.
  22. May 19, 2013
    This show starts off awesome. I was really drawn in. However, as the season unfolds, the curse of the lazy/overimaginative writer sets in and everything happens conveniently. Things don't fit in and people show up at just the right convenient moment. Very annoying show. Don't watch if unrealistic shows irk you.
  23. Nov 2, 2012
    One of the big problems and biggest strength is somehow that it is too much like Batman Begins. There are scenes in several episodes that remind me to a "t" of scenes from that movie. In episode one, the billionaire that just lost loved ones and found change and survival training is legally brought back from the dead, to find his city is in decay. It changes a couple things from the comicsOne of the big problems and biggest strength is somehow that it is too much like Batman Begins. There are scenes in several episodes that remind me to a "t" of scenes from that movie. In episode one, the billionaire that just lost loved ones and found change and survival training is legally brought back from the dead, to find his city is in decay. It changes a couple things from the comics to make it more believable, like the suit and a couple names which honestly weren't a big concern in that department, but so be it. Overall though, the character is fairly the same, and the island parts(that VERY closely resemble Green Arrow:Year one) are done well. The action is shot and choreographed well, and his vigilante scenes are generally interesting. The show is like if you mixed Dexter(The emotionless character who narrates as he hunts), Smallville(Unfortunately, the love triangles, some of the actors, the sets, and the shooting style), and as mentioned, Batman Begins(scenes and character traits). The main issue I have with it is that they shoot in a style that's very soap-opera-esque(over contrasted/slightly over-exposed shots), and the romantic sub-plots reach those levels too. Expand
  24. Oct 19, 2014
    A Great CW show with a lot of good villains and story arcs, a bit similar to Batman in some ways but still worth a watch. The show is in season three and might take you a while to catch up but it's worth it
  25. Feb 14, 2013
    The last episode (14) was unwatchable because of the flashbacks (ad nauseam), Too bad. Most of the show was our Arrow boy hurt or showing how he became tough. Non of this added to the story even though it is a comic...
  26. rah
    Nov 1, 2012
    First and foremost, this is a comic based tv show, and one I find hugely entertaining. It is not an exploitation of batman, it is a separate series that has been established for decades. It does however ask us to suspend our disbelief, but that is what all great comics do. Arrow is able to hold my attention from beginning to end and gives me something to look forward to week after week. IFirst and foremost, this is a comic based tv show, and one I find hugely entertaining. It is not an exploitation of batman, it is a separate series that has been established for decades. It does however ask us to suspend our disbelief, but that is what all great comics do. Arrow is able to hold my attention from beginning to end and gives me something to look forward to week after week. I highly recommend watch this incredible tv show. Expand
  27. Apr 22, 2014
    When i saw the first 3 episodes, i thought this show was amazing. Then, the story became boring and repetitive. If you're looking for something to blow you away, then watch another series.
  28. Sep 27, 2014
    I will review all the episodes here, on Metacritic:

I will review all the episodes here, on Metacritic:

Episode 1: Well, this was not a good start. I know that the episodes have to be short, but this is too damn rushed. The narrative flows throughout the pilot in a way so rushed that it's almost impossible to swallow all the information they're giving to us, and if it wasn't enough, the episode also suffers from too much exposition. All those flashbacks, it seemed so freaking unnecessary to tell the story in one episode. Fortunately, it has made a worthwhile as the cast and the action sequences stood out for this jumbled mess of episode. I think I'll should tell you that if you're a fan of Arrow, you will probably be excited for this chapter. It's not bad, but it's not very good either. I hope the show doesn't repeat the same stupid mistakes they did with Pilot. 5/10
  29. Oct 16, 2014
    The last few episodes of this season were amazingly intense.
    The progress of the plot was...... wow. This is what actually made Arrow the best show CW has had in years, save Flash (for later!)
  30. Feb 4, 2013
    This is the best show I have ever watched in my life. It is an amazing new way of looking at Green Arrow and its many twists and turns continue to make the even more awesome with each passing episode.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    The CW's best show since Gossip Girl.... it has a forthright narrative seriousness, a respect for the gobbledy-gook that makes up any superhero's backstory--and a game cast performing with the correct degree of seriousness. [19 Nov 2012, p.35]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Your interest in Arrow depends on how much you miss the troubled-in-love, conflicted-by-family heroics of Smallville--it mirrors that series' setup.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 10, 2012
    This slick action-drama is based on the comic book superhero Green Arrow. Prepare to quiver.