• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.2

1. Feb 8, 2013
    As a porting from a comic I think is wonderful. Many people in these reviews either don't know the subject or know it too much, so the first make comparisons with Batman, others complains about not being enough true to the comic.

Green Arrow can actually be similar to Batman... it's a rich man that turn vigilante... but it's also very different because his alter ego is born from a desire for redemption (for being a careless playboy) and not revenge for the death of his parents. So it's a more "flamboyant" hero (his inspiration is Robin Hood), but is also a survivor and a "ex bad-boy" so has less moral ties than Batman (he has no problem killing villains). It's darker than Batman as setting, with more "city crime" (Italian, Chinese, Russian Mafia, white collars criminals, etc...) and less "freaky" villains.

The show is in the middle... this Ollie only pretend to be a playboy (the comic version character retains some of these traits) and the introduction on the show of (impossible?) love affairs keeps him away from the hill. And then there is relationship with the family, that make the series also more "family drama".

I think it's a good compromise, and I like it.

Amell has the right body and attitude for the playboy super-hero... maybe not (yet) the right acting skill... but he can improve... the others are good, especially the mother.
    I like also the flashback of his 5 years on the island... maybe all the show filmed in the city would be a little boring, and it help understand the character.

Good story and camera don't hurt either...
  2. Feb 12, 2013
    Arrow is not the best television show you will ever see, there are instances of pacing issues and certain action scenes are a tad disappointing but my word its great fun. The rebirthing of The DC Comic's character Green Arrow is rugged, stylish and swift and offers plenty of game characterisations. The acting is not groundbreaking but dedicated and charming. Arrow is plagued by the oddArrow is not the best television show you will ever see, there are instances of pacing issues and certain action scenes are a tad disappointing but my word its great fun. The rebirthing of The DC Comic's character Green Arrow is rugged, stylish and swift and offers plenty of game characterisations. The acting is not groundbreaking but dedicated and charming. Arrow is plagued by the odd filler episodes but it hits the target more often than not and I have great fun watching it every week. Reccomended. Expand
  3. Feb 22, 2013
    i gave it a chance and i am still watching it now that it's in their 15th episode. stephen amell's a decent actor but please, female cast.. do something with the acting. it might not be a really great series but it gets your attention that makes you want to see the next episode.
  4. Feb 24, 2013
    I went into this show while desperately looking for something replacing the feeling I had watching other hero/vigilante movies/series. I had to eat a lot of bad apples to find this one good one, but it was worth it.
    The story starts off a bit hard to follow, but when you know the characters it's just one amazing web of links between flashbacks, modern day-story and deep psychological brain-food.
    If you like action in between the typical 'I'm a rich guy I do what I want', there's no reason not to watch it. It's amazing and anyone who says otherwise just doesn't get the thoughts behind it.
  5. Mar 1, 2013
    they need to stick closer to the comic book series to make this show a success, leave out all this other stuff that way they might attract a much larger audience
  6. May 5, 2013
    Arrow's plot is so dull and repetitive I don't even need to mention how generic both the gunfights and the conversations between characters are. It took me 8 episodes to notice how every one of them are mostly the same with some alterations here and there.

Gave it a 3 because the scenes on the island are somewhat appealing, but for the most part it's obviously noticeable the series is pretty cheap.
  7. May 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i was very excited after the Trailer but with time the Arrow lost momentum and the flashbacks to the island where the only thing that kept me interesting. Manu Bennett managed to keep the show tolerable but after a while even he couldn't help.
    More about Arrow -
    coolreviewsrule.com
  8. Jun 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Arrow is a a fresh and new show with a different, and edgy theme. I think its dramatic, and action mix keeps us viewer on the edge of our seat, and restless for more. It fits in the trend of giving a twist to a story commonly told, and the plot is well sequenced. I truly think it is a show with a long and prosporous future Expand
  9. Jul 5, 2013
    This series is the best thing out there on TV to capture the spirit of Superhero. The casting is awesome.
    The story line concept is refreshing. You didn't give the Arrow a true eye mask. I found that refreshing. His back story is captivating. The writers, actors, director and producers have hit the mark on this show.
    My only complaint is that I found this show late and have had to
    My only complaint is that I found this show late and have had to wait out the first season. When you start out you need to give me the viewer more access to the product. episode 4 Is still hidden from the mainstream. I had to pirate this episode to move on. When you got a good thing, don't hide it!
  10. May 12, 2014
    When I first heard about this show, I said "A show based on the Green Arrow? Could be interesting." So when I finished the first season I was very satisfied. This show is very entertaining to watch, It may have a s**t ton of drama bombs which eventually just get hilarious and there are a lot of pop culture songs which may please you but I'm not a huge fan of. The best part was the fightingWhen I first heard about this show, I said "A show based on the Green Arrow? Could be interesting." So when I finished the first season I was very satisfied. This show is very entertaining to watch, It may have a s**t ton of drama bombs which eventually just get hilarious and there are a lot of pop culture songs which may please you but I'm not a huge fan of. The best part was the fighting in my opinion, They are very well shot and can be exciting to watch. In conclusion, Arrow is the CW's best show in my opinion, and I hope lots of people watch it. Expand
  11. Aug 30, 2013
    Arrow: A great example of how relatively not well known heroes can become popular. Stephen Amell does a great job as Oliver Queen/ Green Arrow and I'd personally like to see him in a justice league movie (eventually). Standouts include other DC characters appearing such as Huntress and Deadshot, but what really got me excited for this: Deathstroke. While they seem to have really messedArrow: A great example of how relatively not well known heroes can become popular. Stephen Amell does a great job as Oliver Queen/ Green Arrow and I'd personally like to see him in a justice league movie (eventually). Standouts include other DC characters appearing such as Huntress and Deadshot, but what really got me excited for this: Deathstroke. While they seem to have really messed around with Slade Wilson's past and the fact that he doesn't seem like him at all really gave a strange vibe in terms of whether or not the writers knew what to do with him. A great show that really proves that you don't need extreme drama or gore to make an entertaining series. 8/10. Expand
  12. Dec 25, 2013
    It's a well done series yeah. Actually it's better than I expected. And it's much more darker than I thought. It has flaws and bad things, but mainly it's a great show. Shoot the next season Green Arrow!
  13. Sep 9, 2013
    Arrow season 1 delivers a great back story, Stephen Amell is brilliant as Oliver Queen..there are a few episodes which are less entertaining in a way but that does not hold you from liking the series at all..right from the entertaining pilot to the epic finale..arrow is a winner all the way..excited for the second season.
  14. Sep 21, 2013
    There is a tremendous amount of glitz in this show. Stephen Amell is picture perfect. Unfortunately, it is pretty much like an 8x10 glossy: very pretty to look at and paper thin. The characters are two-dimensional and trite. The acting is worse and the script is about a stupid as it gets. Even Stephen Amell, as beautiful as he is, can't make this sow's ear into a anything but aThere is a tremendous amount of glitz in this show. Stephen Amell is picture perfect. Unfortunately, it is pretty much like an 8x10 glossy: very pretty to look at and paper thin. The characters are two-dimensional and trite. The acting is worse and the script is about a stupid as it gets. Even Stephen Amell, as beautiful as he is, can't make this sow's ear into a anything but a sow's ear. May it do us all a favor and rest in peace. Expand
  15. Oct 18, 2013
    Arrow is amazing! Perfect for a superhero TV series. It is perfect, Green Arrow/Oliver Queen is a perfect choice for a TV series, because he isn't as popular as Batman or Superman to go on the big screen so it's very good. It dramatically shows his origin story and it almost has no holes in the story so far. It has flash backs then there. It also has its twists and the dark DC touch to it.Arrow is amazing! Perfect for a superhero TV series. It is perfect, Green Arrow/Oliver Queen is a perfect choice for a TV series, because he isn't as popular as Batman or Superman to go on the big screen so it's very good. It dramatically shows his origin story and it almost has no holes in the story so far. It has flash backs then there. It also has its twists and the dark DC touch to it. My only criticism on it is not to "Nolanize it too much: meaning don't make the story too realistic add more "Comicbook" to it. That is why I am very interested to see flash in it. I highly recommend this to Comicbook fans and especially dc fans. Expand
  16. Oct 20, 2013
    Arrow is an adaptation of the DC comic hero Green Arrow on The CW. As a fan of the character of Green Arrow I have to say I was worried by the idea of making him a "real" person. I've seen the failures of other people to turn comic characters into "real" people. That said I have to say on the whole Arrow is a very enjoyable show.

The story as far as Season 1 goes the story was very

The story as far as Season 1 goes the story was very strong in my opinion. We see Oliver Queen, Green Arrow, attain amazing feats in order to get rescued off of what appears to be an uninhabited island, from there we meet interesting characters such as his family, friends and soon to be allies and enemies. From here we watch an intriguing mystery rise from the broken pieces of the past through flashback and secretive character interactions. The characters are interesting and seem to have personalities some more prominent than others but they have what appears to be the beginnings of real "character".

The second season has just started and from the looks of it we are looking at new but familiar characters, more secrets and a new Green Arrow.
  17. Nov 7, 2013
    Arrow is a good twist to the TV shows ive watched lately. Rare few catch my attention, as i'd much rather spend my time involved in story books and games, this show did. I love the Heroic vibe, without the drama of the classic "superman" style. All im lookin for is something to make me stoked, and Arrow does the trick just fine.
  18. Oct 31, 2013
    I'm only 10 episodes in, but this show is the If you can suspend disbelief for Batman swooping in and punching guys with machine guns, you should be able to afford the same suspension for Arrow. If you can't, you're honestly watching the wrong genre. Sure, it's a bit of a knock-off, and there's an excess of drama, but it's very entertaining. The show focuses on characters to the detrimentI'm only 10 episodes in, but this show is the If you can suspend disbelief for Batman swooping in and punching guys with machine guns, you should be able to afford the same suspension for Arrow. If you can't, you're honestly watching the wrong genre. Sure, it's a bit of a knock-off, and there's an excess of drama, but it's very entertaining. The show focuses on characters to the detriment of the plot, but there is a solid premise nonetheless. It's got a solid start; it's up to the writers whether it goes up or down from here. The Asus commercial built into every episode is getting a bit flagrant and annoying. Expand
  19. Nov 13, 2013
    I like big Hollywood comic book movies, but they should all be ashamed on the amount of money they spend on production compared to what this show accomplished in it's finale. It was phenomenal.
  20. Nov 29, 2013
    The Best Sci-fi Action Thriller........................................................................................................................
  21. Mar 31, 2014
    This show is just great! Great characters, story and drama. I really recommend this show it's the best i have ever seen. And i love the mix of superhero and just a normal guy.
  22. Feb 27, 2014
    Considering Arrow has been made on a TV show budget what they have created is very good. We are use to seeing superheros saved for the big screen with mega CGI and budgets but you won't see either here. The show has a very down to earth feel.

The idea to have both the island story and the return story in the same series is very clever, its almost like having an origin series and the original series running at the same time. The issue with having 2 main story arcs is that the series does have a slower pace and may not be for everyone.

The action scenes are very good and there are some appearances by other DC comic characters but thankfully not to many to keep the excitement of seeing new characters fresh. I have seen some of the comments claiming it is unrealistic that he can go through a room of machine gun fire with a bow and arrow and not get hit (episode 1) but this is a superhero show, so what do you expect! He is only human and he does get injured sometimes, but that is like batman, they did the same thing with him and he throws metal boomerangs!

Overall the series was enjoyable, the main story arc kind of finished as quickly as it kicked up a gear at the end of the series but it is definitely worth a shot. I am on season 2 now and that is definitely an improvement so something to look forward to.
  23. Apr 3, 2014
    People are correct in reviews below that state the show is totally farcical with bullets not even hitting him. That being said, I am a sucker for superheroes so I watch the show most of the time. Season 1 was definitely more solid than season 2, the show has now regressed. A big reason for that is the introduction of Sarah Lance, who's acting is awful. It also insults viewers intelligencePeople are correct in reviews below that state the show is totally farcical with bullets not even hitting him. That being said, I am a sucker for superheroes so I watch the show most of the time. Season 1 was definitely more solid than season 2, the show has now regressed. A big reason for that is the introduction of Sarah Lance, who's acting is awful. It also insults viewers intelligence where they expect you to believe that Sarah's own sister Laurel wouldn't recognize her when she saves her from bad guys, cuz she has a little mask covering her eyes! Come on, all you have to do is look at that butthole on her chin to know its Sarah. Weak! Expand
  24. Apr 21, 2014
    A brilliant first season with resemblance to that of Christopher Nolan's 'Batman Begins.' The enemies having accuracy of stormtroopers can be ignored due to a gripping story filled with brilliant characters. John Barrowman's performance I found to be a major highlight of the series. The shows beginning, although good enough, falls in comparison to the rest of the season as it takes a fewA brilliant first season with resemblance to that of Christopher Nolan's 'Batman Begins.' The enemies having accuracy of stormtroopers can be ignored due to a gripping story filled with brilliant characters. John Barrowman's performance I found to be a major highlight of the series. The shows beginning, although good enough, falls in comparison to the rest of the season as it takes a few episodes before the cast and crew really get a clear understanding of how to best present this otherwise fantastic show. Expand
  25. Apr 28, 2014
    I HATE SARAH. They need to kick her off. I saw the latest episode where she leaves, and everyone in my household was happy about it (more than 15 living here.) BTW WE ARE NOT MEXICANS, Just a big family. And Felicity and Oliver need to get together, they have great chemistry!!!!!
  26. Jun 3, 2014
    I really like this serial and i strongly recomand it..The story in my opinion is pretty good but always can be better .Hope 3rd season will come soon.
  27. Jul 4, 2014
    This is the worst TV series i ever seen, its so stupid that i cant understand how it can be so stupid. I remember one episode when he killed one man all guards so he could take him to the prison... or how blind you have to be to not notice that Oliver is Arrow? Hes from the island, same as Sara and her parents knows shes the vigilanty.. So 1+1 = 2... It's just completly out of sense dramaThis is the worst TV series i ever seen, its so stupid that i cant understand how it can be so stupid. I remember one episode when he killed one man all guards so he could take him to the prison... or how blind you have to be to not notice that Oliver is Arrow? Hes from the island, same as Sara and her parents knows shes the vigilanty.. So 1+1 = 2... It's just completly out of sense drama for teen agers or who wants to watch tv without thinking much. Expand
  28. Aug 10, 2014
    Would i say this is an entertaining show? Hell yes. It is. But is it worth "Universal acclaim"? Far from it. Not only is the dialogue terribly bland and flat, some of the actors on the show have the worst delivery i've seen. Every episode has the same elements: Oliver being this grieved and tortured soldier, uses his 5 years on the island as an excuse for his behavior, argues with a familyWould i say this is an entertaining show? Hell yes. It is. But is it worth "Universal acclaim"? Far from it. Not only is the dialogue terribly bland and flat, some of the actors on the show have the worst delivery i've seen. Every episode has the same elements: Oliver being this grieved and tortured soldier, uses his 5 years on the island as an excuse for his behavior, argues with a family member or close friend- the friend will say "I wish you died on that island" and they will apologize before the episode is over saying they're sorry for saying that. In addition, i feel they should have stuck to the source material for Oliver Queen's character instead of blatantly ripping off Bruce Wayne. The threatening "Hood" approach just doesn't work and comes across as laughable. With that being said, its not terrible. Expand
  29. Jan 18, 2015
    Arrow was one of the best TV series I have ever watch
    i mean the story line , the villains , it even tells you about origins of super-villains in future dc comics or shows
    If you are a DC fan or just wanting to watch something to past time
    THIS IS THE BEST SHOW I COULD RECOMMEND besides the flash
  30. Jan 24, 2015
    Swooowsh !!!.Here comes the ARROW !!!.The series is having a very gripping story line. The flashback story-telling is particularly very interesting (used best it could have been). What could have been a superhero story where good characters fight the bad guys, Arrow gives you something to look up to. The stories revolve around 'Oliver in the past with a particular event' and how it definesSwooowsh !!!.Here comes the ARROW !!!.The series is having a very gripping story line. The flashback story-telling is particularly very interesting (used best it could have been). What could have been a superhero story where good characters fight the bad guys, Arrow gives you something to look up to. The stories revolve around 'Oliver in the past with a particular event' and how it defines Arrow/Oliver 's decision in present which is the most fascinating..The fight sequences are very good seeing that it is a TV show. Stephen Amell is very good as Arrow and Oliver. He seems to have the depth in his understanding of the character Arrow. Felicity is very convincing with her fast paced dialogues and of course with her smile. Diggle, Roy, Lance have done a very good job as well. To me it is almost like a movie being shown in parts, with every portion explained - Well done Team Arrow !! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    The CW's best show since Gossip Girl.... it has a forthright narrative seriousness, a respect for the gobbledy-gook that makes up any superhero's backstory--and a game cast performing with the correct degree of seriousness. [19 Nov 2012, p.35]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Your interest in Arrow depends on how much you miss the troubled-in-love, conflicted-by-family heroics of Smallville--it mirrors that series' setup.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 10, 2012
    This slick action-drama is based on the comic book superhero Green Arrow. Prepare to quiver.