• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.2

1. Aug 30, 2013
    Arrow: A great example of how relatively not well known heroes can become popular. Stephen Amell does a great job as Oliver Queen/ Green Arrow and I'd personally like to see him in a justice league movie (eventually). Standouts include other DC characters appearing such as Huntress and Deadshot, but what really got me excited for this: Deathstroke. While they seem to have really messedArrow: A great example of how relatively not well known heroes can become popular. Stephen Amell does a great job as Oliver Queen/ Green Arrow and I'd personally like to see him in a justice league movie (eventually). Standouts include other DC characters appearing such as Huntress and Deadshot, but what really got me excited for this: Deathstroke. While they seem to have really messed around with Slade Wilson's past and the fact that he doesn't seem like him at all really gave a strange vibe in terms of whether or not the writers knew what to do with him. A great show that really proves that you don't need extreme drama or gore to make an entertaining series. 8/10. Expand
  2. Dec 25, 2013
    It's a well done series yeah. Actually it's better than I expected. And it's much more darker than I thought. It has flaws and bad things, but mainly it's a great show. Shoot the next season Green Arrow!
  3. Sep 9, 2013
    Arrow season 1 delivers a great back story, Stephen Amell is brilliant as Oliver Queen..there are a few episodes which are less entertaining in a way but that does not hold you from liking the series at all..right from the entertaining pilot to the epic finale..arrow is a winner all the way..excited for the second season.
  4. Sep 21, 2013
    There is a tremendous amount of glitz in this show. Stephen Amell is picture perfect. Unfortunately, it is pretty much like an 8x10 glossy: very pretty to look at and paper thin. The characters are two-dimensional and trite. The acting is worse and the script is about a stupid as it gets. Even Stephen Amell, as beautiful as he is, can't make this sow's ear into a anything but aThere is a tremendous amount of glitz in this show. Stephen Amell is picture perfect. Unfortunately, it is pretty much like an 8x10 glossy: very pretty to look at and paper thin. The characters are two-dimensional and trite. The acting is worse and the script is about a stupid as it gets. Even Stephen Amell, as beautiful as he is, can't make this sow's ear into a anything but a sow's ear. May it do us all a favor and rest in peace. Expand
  5. Oct 18, 2013
    Arrow is amazing! Perfect for a superhero TV series. It is perfect, Green Arrow/Oliver Queen is a perfect choice for a TV series, because he isn't as popular as Batman or Superman to go on the big screen so it's very good. It dramatically shows his origin story and it almost has no holes in the story so far. It has flash backs then there. It also has its twists and the dark DC touch to it.Arrow is amazing! Perfect for a superhero TV series. It is perfect, Green Arrow/Oliver Queen is a perfect choice for a TV series, because he isn't as popular as Batman or Superman to go on the big screen so it's very good. It dramatically shows his origin story and it almost has no holes in the story so far. It has flash backs then there. It also has its twists and the dark DC touch to it. My only criticism on it is not to "Nolanize it too much: meaning don't make the story too realistic add more "Comicbook" to it. That is why I am very interested to see flash in it. I highly recommend this to Comicbook fans and especially dc fans. Expand
  6. Oct 20, 2013
    Arrow is an adaptation of the DC comic hero Green Arrow on The CW. As a fan of the character of Green Arrow I have to say I was worried by the idea of making him a "real" person. I've seen the failures of other people to turn comic characters into "real" people. That said I have to say on the whole Arrow is a very enjoyable show.

The story as far as Season 1 goes the story was very

The story as far as Season 1 goes the story was very strong in my opinion. We see Oliver Queen, Green Arrow, attain amazing feats in order to get rescued off of what appears to be an uninhabited island, from there we meet interesting characters such as his family, friends and soon to be allies and enemies. From here we watch an intriguing mystery rise from the broken pieces of the past through flashback and secretive character interactions. The characters are interesting and seem to have personalities some more prominent than others but they have what appears to be the beginnings of real "character".

The second season has just started and from the looks of it we are looking at new but familiar characters, more secrets and a new Green Arrow.
  7. Nov 7, 2013
    Arrow is a good twist to the TV shows ive watched lately. Rare few catch my attention, as i'd much rather spend my time involved in story books and games, this show did. I love the Heroic vibe, without the drama of the classic "superman" style. All im lookin for is something to make me stoked, and Arrow does the trick just fine.
  8. Oct 31, 2013
    I'm only 10 episodes in, but this show is the If you can suspend disbelief for Batman swooping in and punching guys with machine guns, you should be able to afford the same suspension for Arrow. If you can't, you're honestly watching the wrong genre. Sure, it's a bit of a knock-off, and there's an excess of drama, but it's very entertaining. The show focuses on characters to the detrimentI'm only 10 episodes in, but this show is the If you can suspend disbelief for Batman swooping in and punching guys with machine guns, you should be able to afford the same suspension for Arrow. If you can't, you're honestly watching the wrong genre. Sure, it's a bit of a knock-off, and there's an excess of drama, but it's very entertaining. The show focuses on characters to the detriment of the plot, but there is a solid premise nonetheless. It's got a solid start; it's up to the writers whether it goes up or down from here. The Asus commercial built into every episode is getting a bit flagrant and annoying. Expand
  9. Nov 13, 2013
    I like big Hollywood comic book movies, but they should all be ashamed on the amount of money they spend on production compared to what this show accomplished in it's finale. It was phenomenal.
  10. Nov 29, 2013
    The Best Sci-fi Action Thriller........................................................................................................................
  11. Mar 31, 2014
    This show is just great! Great characters, story and drama. I really recommend this show it's the best i have ever seen. And i love the mix of superhero and just a normal guy.
  12. Mar 29, 2014
    A great show when there arnt too many filler episodes and when its not too "days of our lives" . Gets a 7/10 just because of the wholly unentertaining soap opera parts that must be there for a target demographic im not part of.
  13. Feb 27, 2014
    Considering Arrow has been made on a TV show budget what they have created is very good. We are use to seeing superheros saved for the big screen with mega CGI and budgets but you won't see either here. The show has a very down to earth feel.

The idea to have both the island story and the return story in the same series is very clever, its almost like having an origin series and the original series running at the same time. The issue with having 2 main story arcs is that the series does have a slower pace and may not be for everyone.

The action scenes are very good and there are some appearances by other DC comic characters but thankfully not to many to keep the excitement of seeing new characters fresh. I have seen some of the comments claiming it is unrealistic that he can go through a room of machine gun fire with a bow and arrow and not get hit (episode 1) but this is a superhero show, so what do you expect! He is only human and he does get injured sometimes, but that is like batman, they did the same thing with him and he throws metal boomerangs!

Overall the series was enjoyable, the main story arc kind of finished as quickly as it kicked up a gear at the end of the series but it is definitely worth a shot. I am on season 2 now and that is definitely an improvement so something to look forward to.
  14. Apr 3, 2014
    People are correct in reviews below that state the show is totally farcical with bullets not even hitting him. That being said, I am a sucker for superheroes so I watch the show most of the time. Season 1 was definitely more solid than season 2, the show has now regressed. A big reason for that is the introduction of Sarah Lance, who's acting is awful. It also insults viewers intelligencePeople are correct in reviews below that state the show is totally farcical with bullets not even hitting him. That being said, I am a sucker for superheroes so I watch the show most of the time. Season 1 was definitely more solid than season 2, the show has now regressed. A big reason for that is the introduction of Sarah Lance, who's acting is awful. It also insults viewers intelligence where they expect you to believe that Sarah's own sister Laurel wouldn't recognize her when she saves her from bad guys, cuz she has a little mask covering her eyes! Come on, all you have to do is look at that butthole on her chin to know its Sarah. Weak! Expand
  15. Apr 21, 2014
    A brilliant first season with resemblance to that of Christopher Nolan's 'Batman Begins.' The enemies having accuracy of stormtroopers can be ignored due to a gripping story filled with brilliant characters. John Barrowman's performance I found to be a major highlight of the series. The shows beginning, although good enough, falls in comparison to the rest of the season as it takes a fewA brilliant first season with resemblance to that of Christopher Nolan's 'Batman Begins.' The enemies having accuracy of stormtroopers can be ignored due to a gripping story filled with brilliant characters. John Barrowman's performance I found to be a major highlight of the series. The shows beginning, although good enough, falls in comparison to the rest of the season as it takes a few episodes before the cast and crew really get a clear understanding of how to best present this otherwise fantastic show. Expand
  16. Apr 28, 2014
    I HATE SARAH. They need to kick her off. I saw the latest episode where she leaves, and everyone in my household was happy about it (more than 15 living here.) BTW WE ARE NOT MEXICANS, Just a big family. And Felicity and Oliver need to get together, they have great chemistry!!!!!
  17. Jun 3, 2014
    I really like this serial and i strongly recomand it..The story in my opinion is pretty good but always can be better .Hope 3rd season will come soon.
  18. Jul 4, 2014
    This is the worst TV series i ever seen, its so stupid that i cant understand how it can be so stupid. I remember one episode when he killed one man all guards so he could take him to the prison... or how blind you have to be to not notice that Oliver is Arrow? Hes from the island, same as Sara and her parents knows shes the vigilanty.. So 1+1 = 2... It's just completly out of sense dramaThis is the worst TV series i ever seen, its so stupid that i cant understand how it can be so stupid. I remember one episode when he killed one man all guards so he could take him to the prison... or how blind you have to be to not notice that Oliver is Arrow? Hes from the island, same as Sara and her parents knows shes the vigilanty.. So 1+1 = 2... It's just completly out of sense drama for teen agers or who wants to watch tv without thinking much. Expand
  19. Aug 10, 2014
    Would i say this is an entertaining show? Hell yes. It is. But is it worth "Universal acclaim"? Far from it. Not only is the dialogue terribly bland and flat, some of the actors on the show have the worst delivery i've seen. Every episode has the same elements: Oliver being this grieved and tortured soldier, uses his 5 years on the island as an excuse for his behavior, argues with a familyWould i say this is an entertaining show? Hell yes. It is. But is it worth "Universal acclaim"? Far from it. Not only is the dialogue terribly bland and flat, some of the actors on the show have the worst delivery i've seen. Every episode has the same elements: Oliver being this grieved and tortured soldier, uses his 5 years on the island as an excuse for his behavior, argues with a family member or close friend- the friend will say "I wish you died on that island" and they will apologize before the episode is over saying they're sorry for saying that. In addition, i feel they should have stuck to the source material for Oliver Queen's character instead of blatantly ripping off Bruce Wayne. The threatening "Hood" approach just doesn't work and comes across as laughable. With that being said, its not terrible. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    The CW's best show since Gossip Girl.... it has a forthright narrative seriousness, a respect for the gobbledy-gook that makes up any superhero's backstory--and a game cast performing with the correct degree of seriousness. [19 Nov 2012, p.35]
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Your interest in Arrow depends on how much you miss the troubled-in-love, conflicted-by-family heroics of Smallville--it mirrors that series' setup.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 10, 2012
    This slick action-drama is based on the comic book superhero Green Arrow. Prepare to quiver.