• Network: Nickelodeon
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 14, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.5

1. Jun 24, 2012
    This show is so awful compared to ATLA I almost don't know where to begin. 1) Korra is a completely cliche static character-- headstrong, feminist and obnoxious. She never changes, never learns, and yet everything is handed to her throughout the show.
    2) No suspense-- the protagonists are captured dozens of times and they always escape. It's like watching a James Bond movie with idiotic serial villains who never achieve anything.
    3) Character inconsistencies -- Amon's character is completely altered at the end of the season for a haphazard conclusion. This is just one of many.
    4) There are a great number of plot inconsistencies to the point that it becomes very jarring. I can't go into detail without spoiling anything. 5) The love triangle that persists throughout just stalls the story and never resolves or ties in.
    The visuals and voice acting were good, however. Not much of a bonus, nut the initial setting was very interesting and had a lot of potential.
  2. Jul 4, 2012
    Had I not absolutely loved the first series I wouldn't have made it through this one.

Minor spoilers, nothing plot related per say. The tech vs fantasy just didn't click; it felt bland despite my initial excitement. There were many inconsistencies as well. One scene shows several firebenders casually using lightning to charge a generator (?), already established as being extremely

Minor spoilers, nothing plot related per say.

There were many inconsistencies as well. One scene shows several firebenders casually using lightning to charge a generator (?), already established as being extremely difficult for even masters to achieve. One of these is a main character who barely does anything impressive all season, he even casually redirects lightning without any training whatsoever. In the last series lightning actually killed the Avatar (although he was brought back to life via special means).

Korra is also supposedly a master of 3 elements, yet cannot metalbend, barely can defend herself from a group of 5 non-benders, and doesn't even actually defeat ANYONE the entire series. She never develops as a person and basically has her goals handed to her; she earns nothing at all.

Pro-bending was a cute background idea, a whole arc on it was tedious and boring, absolutely nothing impressive happened all season.

The characters are bland cardboard cutouts of previous characters.. without the depth. (Although I do like Tenzen, the older airbender) The romantic stuff was way too rushed and made no sense aside from infatuation.

Bo Lin was disturbingly upbeat and one-dimensional in particular. Did he have brain damage? I wanted to like him; root for him as an interest, however after the 2nd episode it became clear he was meant to replace Sokka... but without sarcasm, wit, or intelligence.

Also, supposedly metal-benders cannot bend platinum because it is 'too pure' or some rubbish.
    Platinum is a malleable metal when in a purified form, No damn way you could make walking robots out of that **** without the parts fusing together. (Yes.. mecha's.. pointless.) Not to mention they would need a power source.. never discussed.

I liked the art. Bought the series in HD on iTunes.

Pleaaaaase get the old writers back and either move on to another avatar, or fill in the gap between this and the first series. There was plenty of space to develop the characters as they age and resolve some of the hanging threads. (Zuko's mother..)
  3. Jun 9, 2012
    One of the best shows I have ever seen. When The Legend of Korra was announced I was tremendously excited because I was a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender. But also, I was afraid that they might ruin the franchise. I was dead wrong. This show even surpasses the original in terms of action, animation, and even story sometimes. When I said that this is one of the best shows I have everOne of the best shows I have ever seen. When The Legend of Korra was announced I was tremendously excited because I was a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender. But also, I was afraid that they might ruin the franchise. I was dead wrong. This show even surpasses the original in terms of action, animation, and even story sometimes. When I said that this is one of the best shows I have ever seen, I don't mean by cartoon standards, I mean this show is one of the best i have EVER seen. As season one is coming to a close. The voice acting is phenomenal and just like its predecessor, even though there is action and seriousness, there is always a feel-good value the show ends up delivering and I really like that aspect. The show is extremely creative and at the end of every episode, I end up wanting even more. This show is superb and I think everyone should be watching it. Expand
  4. Jun 15, 2012
    Not nearly as good as The Last Airbender, but this new series is definitely superior to many new animated series' and is emotionally involving and greatly written as well.
  5. Jun 24, 2012
    I went into The Legend of Korra with tempered expectations. I was a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender and wasn't convinced that anything could top it. I was completely wrong, Korra blew away all my expectations and has taken the place of TLA as my favorite television series of all time. The writing is intelligent, clever and keeps the audience on their toes (sites such as Reddit wereI went into The Legend of Korra with tempered expectations. I was a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender and wasn't convinced that anything could top it. I was completely wrong, Korra blew away all my expectations and has taken the place of TLA as my favorite television series of all time. The writing is intelligent, clever and keeps the audience on their toes (sites such as Reddit were a-flurry with theories between every single episode). It is the perfect balance of action, drama, intrigue and humor that keeps an audience captivated & coming back week after week. You watch these characters evolve, hit extreme highs and devastating lows, all the while you're falling more in love with each and every one of them. The show does have a few shortcomings, though. It is clear that the writing staff, though brilliant, only had 14 episodes to work with and did their best to cram as much as they possibly could into one season, which makes things feel a bit rushed at times; but the writing is still fantastic. For brevity's sake, I'll wrap things up here.
    If you enjoyed TLA, this show comes as an incredibly easy recommendation.
    If you have never seen the original series, I believe you will still enjoy this show for its stellar characters, well written stories and rich universe. Though I suggest watching TLA, don't feel obliged - you'll still adore Korra.
  6. Jul 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sure The Legend of Korra looks nice, but from a storytelling perspective this show does everything wrong. This spinoff has shallow characters, terrible pacing, and wretched, god-awful dialog. Most importantly, the season finale is the worst conclusion to a story I've ever witnessed, in ANY storytelling medium. If you don't know what I'm taking about, here's how the chapter ends: After losing most of her bending powers, Korra is visited by her past lives, who, in the last MINUTE of the series, restore all of her powers. They also give her the power to give everyone else their bending back. How this is possible is never explained. In fact we're never given a clear explanation of how Amon was able to remove those abilities in the first place.

It frustrates me that people are happy with this. Is this really all it takes to please a fanbase? Why should the writers even try to improve when their broken story is heralded as one of the greatest animations of all time? I don't care about what you think of the rest of the series, everyone has their own tastes. But the ending is nonsensical and cheap no matter how you look at it. It just doesn't work.

The fact that this show is getting so much praise is proof that people don't expect enough from what they watch on tv. If this is a masterpiece in storytelling then I don't want any more stories.
  7. Jun 9, 2013
    This was terrible compared to ATLA. I think Nickelodeon made another installment because they think this would be as amazing as ATLA. Think again. It was rushed, and very cliche. Nothing was really good except for the animation, that was it.
  8. Jun 7, 2012
    Mike and Bryan have done it yet again. The Legend of Korra is one of the greatest animated series of all time much like its predecessor;with its sharp writing,beautiful animation,breathtaking action sequences it is sure grab you from its very first episode! Episode 8 is my favourite so far and i can't wait to see all the old characters and also see where the story is headed after our BookMike and Bryan have done it yet again. The Legend of Korra is one of the greatest animated series of all time much like its predecessor;with its sharp writing,beautiful animation,breathtaking action sequences it is sure grab you from its very first episode! Episode 8 is my favourite so far and i can't wait to see all the old characters and also see where the story is headed after our Book 1 Finale which im sure will be amazing! Expand
  9. Jun 15, 2012
    If I had one gripe with the original Avatar series, it was the frequent location changes. I know the idea was built into the premise, but I wanted to see Team Avatar become involved in a specific cast of characters. Korra feels like a love letter. Everything is more grown up, from the animation to the setting to the Avatar herself, the world feels more like a place and the problems itIf I had one gripe with the original Avatar series, it was the frequent location changes. I know the idea was built into the premise, but I wanted to see Team Avatar become involved in a specific cast of characters. Korra feels like a love letter. Everything is more grown up, from the animation to the setting to the Avatar herself, the world feels more like a place and the problems it faces cant be solved purely with force. Korra is a masterful companion to a brilliant show. Expand
  10. Jun 18, 2012
    Better than A:TLA, Korra is very cool and the story is very very good, it will be interesting to find out who/what Amon is in the Finale and if Korra will enter the Avatar State, much more grown up, so more to my age now (16), very good, I was of the right age to watch A:TLA (in that it is what they said kids should be to understand all of it properly) and that was amazing, but this is 70Better than A:TLA, Korra is very cool and the story is very very good, it will be interesting to find out who/what Amon is in the Finale and if Korra will enter the Avatar State, much more grown up, so more to my age now (16), very good, I was of the right age to watch A:TLA (in that it is what they said kids should be to understand all of it properly) and that was amazing, but this is 70 steps above that :) (like this if you get the reference!!) Expand
  11. Jun 28, 2012
    When I first watched the series, I thought to myself. The creators of this show must be mad. The amount of Nazi references and injecting political views and ideals into this Nickelodeon show is astounding. This has to be one of the most mature children shows out there. It teaches them to deal with decision making, dealing with loss, sacrifice and how to deal with another Hitler in case oneWhen I first watched the series, I thought to myself. The creators of this show must be mad. The amount of Nazi references and injecting political views and ideals into this Nickelodeon show is astounding. This has to be one of the most mature children shows out there. It teaches them to deal with decision making, dealing with loss, sacrifice and how to deal with another Hitler in case one pops up in the future.

I also liked its not a 'Hey, we are the heroes, so lets get rid of what we perceive as wrong because we are always right.'like most kids shows. Legend of Korra gives strongly made backstory of the villains and heroes alike. They gave strong reasons to why the villains are rebelling and why the heroes are going against it. Its not those cliché 'I want to take over the world.' like the first series.

For anyone who does not consider watching this because its a cartoon, its from nickelodeon and its main character is not a slender and well toned skinned hottie. Well let me tell you, this cartoon is like watching a Nickelodeon and Chinese version of the Games of Thrones. Its heart wrenching, blood boiling and a tear jerking show. I'm surprised this is for kids.
  12. Jul 2, 2012
    Definitely a good show, no doubt, although there were many more problems with this than in Avatar: The Last Airbender. Couple of things I feel need to be pointed out:

Whereas in A:TLA most of the main characters were kids, they're all teenagers, probably about 15-16, in this one. At first, the little kids thing is kind of a turn off in A:TLA, but you grow to appreciate them even more for it, and they tend to act either mature or goofy-childish depending on the situation. It really comes off quite well. In the Legend of Korra, though, the true main characters are just obnoxious, tedious and annoying. Petty squabbles and a pointless, uninspired love triangle pair together for a group that can, at times, be painful to watch. Worse yet, beyond the minor changes within the first five episodes, any and all character development for the main characters in nonexistent. Completely. I felt cheated, especially given the massive transformations presented in A:TLA, which I consider to be one of the best parts of the show.

Honestly, when it comes down to it, only the adult, secondary characters interested me at all. I liked Toph's daughter, Lin Bei Fong, because she was so reminiscent of her mother yet owned her own personality. Tenzin, Aang's son, is also fairly interesting, with a character carefully constructed of equal parts Aang and Kataara. Aman, the villain, is also interesting, mostly in the way that he's powerful and mysterious, possessing seemingly impossible abilities that allow him to overcome Benders with perfect efficiency. His powers are adequately explained at the end in a fairly satisfying manner, pulling together ideas from earlier episodes that seemed out of place until then. Regardless, it was somewhat haphazardly rushed together at the end, and Aman's character seemed to change without any true rhyme or reason.

Aside from the characters and the much more politically-inspired storyline (as opposed to the battle of good vs. evil in A:TLA, this is more of a battle where you can't say for certain who's right and who's wrong because both sides have valid and invalid points), it turned out to be a very satisfying sequel to its predecessor. Stunning visuals and effects, a beautiful, well-crafted setting and a technological revolution that transforms the world we know and love into something different. Different, but in a way that is neither better nor worse. The storyline, although somewhat rushed and containing little of the suspense of A:TLA, was simple and satisfying, bringing most parts together adequately although not to the extent of A:TLA.

In conclusion: For those who have seen A:TLA, this is a show you really shouldn't miss. For those of you that haven't... well, check it out first, and hit this one up as an afterthought.
  13. Jul 22, 2013
    I never thought I'd say this, but Avatar: The Legend of Korra is superior to the original series. Everything about it is just awesome. Korra is a far more interesting character than Aang, the setting is cooler, and the story is shorter and sweeter. It takes everything great about the original series and just amps it up, creating one hell of a show.
  14. Jul 22, 2013
    The best TV show to grace Nickelodeon ever since The Last Airbender. Animation is superb and gorgeous with hand drawn backdrops. Can't wait for Book 2.
  15. Dec 2, 2013
    Decent cartoon, but I can not get as enthusiastic about this show as I did about the last air-bender. The update is pretty and somewhat original, but the main character is so annoying it tends to overshadow that. It seems that whoever wrote the character was so afraid of getting accused of writing a "weak" female lead that they just made her a brute in a skirt. She's an angry teenager whoDecent cartoon, but I can not get as enthusiastic about this show as I did about the last air-bender. The update is pretty and somewhat original, but the main character is so annoying it tends to overshadow that. It seems that whoever wrote the character was so afraid of getting accused of writing a "weak" female lead that they just made her a brute in a skirt. She's an angry teenager who just wants to punch everything. And infuriatingly, it works out for her. Where ATLA was a story of a young boy searching for enlightenment to overcome his problems (which I thought was an interesting story, and made me want to see more because I wanted to follow his growth) Korra seems to live in a world where might makes right, and while there is some small development, it seems accidental and out of focus. I specifically loved the long-term developments in ATLA, and that is mostly missing in "Korra". Expand
  16. Jul 2, 2014
    At this point you can really feel the narrative dilution within the plot of LOK, as a result of the initial limitations the show. It is like reading a shonen manga with all the tropes, except instead of physical power as the main source of character growth. You have these poorly written emotional sub plots.

Another aspect of the show that is meh, is the overhanded approach to

Another aspect of the show that is meh, is the overhanded approach to introducing moral problems. I think that the setting and the tone of the show as a whole, painted the narrative into these preordained corners. That or they are just grasping at straws trying to find away to make money by keeping the show alive.

What meaningful character growth that was saw in the first season has been devalued by the repetition of this theme in different variations. If anything the show would have been better without the avatar, and focusing on the side characters development.

Sadly, the only things that are keeping the show alive are the art style, strong voice acting, and action animations. So basically LOK feels like something akin to a shonen. If that is your fancy all the more too you, but if you are looking for the depth that was in ATLB look elsewhere.
  17. Jan 28, 2013
    Comparing it To the first Avatar cartoon while inevitable is I think doing a disservice to both shows. The original show stared out very light and the setting aside it was fairly standard fare for the time. It was only after they stared fleshing out the world and characters that it really came in to its own. I believe that Korra has just as much potential but that it was ill served by theComparing it To the first Avatar cartoon while inevitable is I think doing a disservice to both shows. The original show stared out very light and the setting aside it was fairly standard fare for the time. It was only after they stared fleshing out the world and characters that it really came in to its own. I believe that Korra has just as much potential but that it was ill served by the decision to make the first season 12 episodes rather than 22 or even 20 as Avatars first season was. All in all I quite enjoyed it and am looking forward to the second season but it is a very different show than the original, that isn't a bad thing but it is something that needs to be taken in to account when deciding to watch it. Expand
  18. May 30, 2014
    The story is interesting enough to keep me watching and there are a few likable characters but other than that, Season 1 has been a huge struggle. Korra is an incredibly unlikable character who is far too generic (as another review said she is very obnoxious) and the numerous jokes are generally a massive swing and a miss (99.9% of them really).

I think the show would be a lot better if

I think the show would be a lot better if they cut back on the poor jokes and turned it more into a drama. Also, The lack of quality main characters really hurts the show as well. What made season 1 of the original Avatar so good is that they had the Fire Nation/Fire Lord as the great villain but the primary villain of the season (Zuko) was a great character. I think the lack of villains will definitely determine if this show sinks or swims.

Overall, It's not bad, The story does keep me interested enough to keep watching but if it doesn't end strongly, I don't think I will continue with it.
  19. Dec 6, 2013
    As others have said, if this weren't connected to Last Airbender then I probably wouldn't have bothered to stick with Korra. A lot of the Pro-Bending stuff wasn't really used that well considering the amount of screen time it took up. Amon and Tarrlok gave them a chance to deal with a lot of complex questions and maybe try to propose answers some of them, but they just kinda dropped it allAs others have said, if this weren't connected to Last Airbender then I probably wouldn't have bothered to stick with Korra. A lot of the Pro-Bending stuff wasn't really used that well considering the amount of screen time it took up. Amon and Tarrlok gave them a chance to deal with a lot of complex questions and maybe try to propose answers some of them, but they just kinda dropped it all on the floor and did nothing with it.

Compared to where Last Airbender Season 3 left the series as a whole, Korra s1 is a season of disappointment.
  20. Jul 8, 2012
    The story of season 1 is an interesting exploration of a coming-of-avatar story against the backdrop of a reimagined sino-american progressive era city in the midst of counter-culture insurgency. Korra is certainly as good as the last airbender, possibly better, and I absolutely love this show. The story is wonderful; full of so many lessons for young Korra. The quality of the animationThe story of season 1 is an interesting exploration of a coming-of-avatar story against the backdrop of a reimagined sino-american progressive era city in the midst of counter-culture insurgency. Korra is certainly as good as the last airbender, possibly better, and I absolutely love this show. The story is wonderful; full of so many lessons for young Korra. The quality of the animation is superb; it's one of the few shining examples of anime made for an American audience. The attention to detail of the fighting scenes is astonishing; for example, it's clear the animators spent a studied many hours choreographing fight scenes with a wing chun artist guiding them- as if Donnie Yen himself were looking over their shoulders while they storyboarded. Expand
  21. Aug 4, 2012
    when i first heard of a sequel to one of my all time favorite cartoon series, i wasn't expecting much out of it but wow did it exceed my expectations. On first thought this series does have its flaws, such as the character development, i admit that i did like the new team avatar but it seemed to be formed way too quickly, and at some times in the season korra acted like a stereotypicalwhen i first heard of a sequel to one of my all time favorite cartoon series, i wasn't expecting much out of it but wow did it exceed my expectations. On first thought this series does have its flaws, such as the character development, i admit that i did like the new team avatar but it seemed to be formed way too quickly, and at some times in the season korra acted like a stereotypical "icarly" character. other then that i did like the story and the mature themes that were mixed into the show such as political views and amon's back story. Expand
  22. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the whole season 2 was good for the avatar mythology story telling about the Avatar Wan and the sprits was really good but the whole story telling about the season was bad and fast. It could be better. and shameful season finale for the Legend and i think it was really poor finale not just for being an episode inside the Avatar franchise and also really bad script for its own and side- characters was not necessary for the whole season I m talking about asami,mako and bolin If they were focus on Tenzen, Bumi, Kya, Jinora and Korra since the beginning ,and they were get the story telling slow down at the first time maybe the spin off has been good but it was a poor story I hope this legend will be good again and has a good story telling just like the old 4 book. There is still hope inside of the story Expand
  23. Nov 25, 2013
    LOL
    RANT TIME...
    Season Two Episode 14. What happened? (Seriously, She did what?) Are we stealing Ideas From DBZ? (Bryan, Michael) Since the 'motion picture' 'The Avatar' franchise has lost ground with fans. (I hope you are 'really' reading) Nothing beats Book 2 Earth. (Witness the full stop) The layers were there. (Observation) The ending to THIS season IS Garbage. (.)
    LOL
    RANT TIME...

Season Two Episode 14. What happened? (Seriously, She did what?)
    Are we stealing Ideas From DBZ? (Bryan, Michael)

Since the 'motion picture' 'The Avatar' franchise has lost ground with fans.

(I hope you are 'really' reading)

Nothing beats Book 2 Earth. (Witness the full stop)
    The layers were there. (Observation)

The ending to THIS season IS Garbage. (.)

The best idea from the bubbling pot that IS but some how LOST the plot in the Korra season 2 finale is the presence of the spirit world in the physical world and its good and bad effect and pressure put on the population, not the views and stand points of main characters.

Any good fight scenes? (We all witnessed the LOL)

TO PICK UP PACE....

RE DO The motion picture. Not the parallel smurf action flick.
    ( I hope you were reading )
    Compress trilogy, to comprise of two books per picture.

Boy trapped in iceberg freed by star crossed love, grows and frees the world. Or just ba-sing se.)

If you can't get that film approved your a ducebag.
    The Avatar production teams needs a Varrick to spur things on.

A Blind girl protected from the outside world by her parents in the upper society of ba-sing se, learns to use her earth-bending abilities in her few hours she is outside a day, to sense vibrations of the earth beneath her to see her surroundings.

Writing like that is what we expect.nothing less.

What in the last two seasons compares to the scene where Toph was kidnapped and locked in a metal box on the back of a wagon with no sight and no connection to the ground, became the first metal bender.

The story of the first blood bender imprisoned by the dictators of the fire nation, with nothing but the rats she was imprisoned with learnt to bend the water in blood to secure her freedom.

The best thing about the transition to the future (Korra Saga) is the politics of the new age, the fact that Aang lived a full life and the presence of his legacy in this new age. The advancements of technology and the adaptations of the world population due to his legacy and the characters of the time.

I personally really like the pro-bendng championship but the fire ferrets is not a cool name. Chi blockers. Cool.

The introduction states Earth. Fire. Air. Water.

My conclusion is Book Air was a lose avatar remake to please fans and push for more motions pictures when a simple motion picture redo is needed.

Spirits tries to please fans more. Ario. But falls short of the layers of intricacy needed to form a leading character. Even now I doubt the new Team Avatar can, in an opening scene, ride into a fortified ba sing sa military compound, outnumbered and out gunned, fend off the occupying army untill face to face with the president himself.

RANT..
    OVER...
    Or is it....
  24. Jun 21, 2012
    Visually it is breathtaking, and the plot is clever and original. This is one of the few shows that I have cried in one scene and in the next wanting more. Nickelodeon has outdone its self again. Although it will never be as good as the original, Korra is pretty damn close!
  25. Jul 14, 2012
    The Legend of Korra is incredible, it's not Aang anymore. With that tight plot, world paradox, could bear uneven parts. Let me tell you this, don't make M. Night Shyamalan ruin this.
  26. Jun 27, 2012
    A:TLA was virtually flawless from episode to episode, and this isn't quite the case with Korra. However it's still definitely worth a watch. The animation is much improved from the original, and it's much darker in tone than the original series (I can't believe how Nick let some of the stuff in the show slip pass) The show is constantly engaging and extremely intense, with the cliffhangersA:TLA was virtually flawless from episode to episode, and this isn't quite the case with Korra. However it's still definitely worth a watch. The animation is much improved from the original, and it's much darker in tone than the original series (I can't believe how Nick let some of the stuff in the show slip pass) The show is constantly engaging and extremely intense, with the cliffhangers at the end of each episode leaving you wanting more. However, this season really needed more episodes since there was a big lack in character development, the love triangle was insipid and the ending is just too convenient. By the time the smoke clears though, it's a worthy follow up to original series. Expand
  27. Sep 6, 2013
    Legend of Korra is not Avatar, there I said it.
    This series should be taken on its own merits and not compared to the original series, it's a wonderfully entertaining first series expansion of the Last Airbender universe, which up to now we've not seen anything else(discounting the comics, which are brilliant btw) it shows what happens after saving the world.
    As of now Season 2 is just
    Legend of Korra is not Avatar, there I said it.
    As of now Season 2 is just around the corner, so catch it on DVD or any local available download service, it's worth it.
  28. Jun 24, 2012
    This show has struck me as an even more powerful storytelling show than the original series. I always adored the original series as a visual marvel and this one is no different. Its pure art.
  29. Jun 24, 2012
    I was a huge fan of the The Last Airbender series and this one just blows me away. If you haven't watched this, go and do so now. It is the best animated series on television. I can't wait for season two.
  30. Nov 20, 2012
    It will take a bit of time to get your head around just how.... different everything is. So different it almost doesn't remember Avatar at all, but that is somewhat the point. The more I watched the more I liked the storyline and plot and while it still didn't answer some of the questions left from The Last Airbender, I think it was a wise move to progress things with a different groupIt will take a bit of time to get your head around just how.... different everything is. So different it almost doesn't remember Avatar at all, but that is somewhat the point. The more I watched the more I liked the storyline and plot and while it still didn't answer some of the questions left from The Last Airbender, I think it was a wise move to progress things with a different group rather than being stuck in the box of trying to think up of more story and action for the original group that doesn't quite justify itself. Collapse
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    May 22, 2012
    Visually, Korra is striking. It's full of little tricks and nuances that only true fans will notice and savor, but nothing prevents civilians from enjoying it as well. The same holds for the mythology.
  2. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    May 22, 2012
    When her Airbender training is postponed, Korra travels to Republic City, where Aang's son Tenzin lives, so he can teach her. And that's when the fun begins.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    May 22, 2012
    Mostly, the intrigue in the half-hour pilot proves a trifle head-scratching, but there's a fair amount of action and an impressive look.