• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 25, 2013
  • Season #: 1
5.7

1. Oct 4, 2013
    My DVR has recorded at least one episode of most of the new comedy shows. I watch that initial episode with the goal of either recording more of the series or simply dropping the show. I was pretty sure that "Back in the Game" was a dropper. I am surprised to admit that I did enjoy the show. James Caan, dancing around the edge of overdoing it, has produced a somewhat interesting character. I don't know who plays the daughter but she provides an acceptable anonymous foil for Caan. Is the show great? No. Is the show worth a few more tries? Yes. Expand
  2. Oct 8, 2013
    Pilot was a rocky start, but Back in the Game really shown during the 2nd episode. James Caan and Maggie Lawson make me want to keep watching this show, which I'm sure will continue to please.
  3. Nov 2, 2013
    Not quite as hilarious as the other shows such as Modern Family or The Middle, but it still manages to be clever and provide enough laughs to be watchable.

1. Reviewed by: Michael Starr
    Oct 3, 2013
    I don’t know if Back in the Game will have a long shelf life, or if it will turn Caan into a prime-time star (like son Scott on “Hawaii Five-O”), but I do think it’s worth a half-hour of your time.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Sep 26, 2013
    Caan is perfectly cast here.... As it so often does, it comes down to the writing. I just don’t care. And I just don’t find it funny.
  3. Reviewed by: Lily Moayeri
    Sep 26, 2013
    Nothing groundbreaking, but every so often a sports-themed show is de rigueur