Back to You : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
5.5

1. KenDavis
    Oct 4, 2007
    Funniest show I've seen in years!
  2. kingsXrulz.
    Sep 20, 2007
    As with ANY pilot episode, especially when it's a sitcom, the priority here was to introduce the cast of characters; this leads to scenes where the characters talk about who each other is. There wasn't enough time -- this time -- to allow them to fully interact; that won't be the case (or, it better not be the case) in future episodes. Anybody care to name a sitcom pilot As with ANY pilot episode, especially when it's a sitcom, the priority here was to introduce the cast of characters; this leads to scenes where the characters talk about who each other is. There wasn't enough time -- this time -- to allow them to fully interact; that won't be the case (or, it better not be the case) in future episodes. Anybody care to name a sitcom pilot that turned out to be one of the best episodes of the entire series? Also, insult humor (zingers, punchline jokes, pick your term) is a staple in classic comedies. The reviewer from the Hollywood Reporter is correct; this show is going to be a hit (it BEAT Kid Nation in the ratings and almost matched Deal Or No Deal). It may never be great, but I'm confident that it will be good. Expand
  3. JoshR.
    Sep 20, 2007
    Fantastic show!
  4. Diego
    Mar 13, 2009
    The sitcom era was so dead with each new one being killed that I had hope for this one. Kelsey Grammar AND Patricia Heaton; bring it on! And it wasn't so bad. Surely wasn't good but all sitcoms have generally sucked for the first few episodes, at least it was watchable. In the end it just didnt pick up the pace fast enough, hense the death of this show.
  5. DonaldS.
    Oct 30, 2007
    GREAT new show. Laugh out loud may time every week.
  6. BedfordO
    Sep 24, 2007
    Many of the jokes are stale and predictable, but there are enough glimmers of comic hope to keep me interested. The first show was just a set-up; hopefully the writing will rise to the ability of the actors as the show develops.
  7. MikeM.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Its more like a 7.5/10 but I have a felling this will get better as it goes along but it definitely wasn't worth a bidding war and it belongs on CBS or NBC or even ABC not FOX. Its not trashy enough for FOX.
  8. ThomasH.
    Feb 12, 2008
    Excellent, fresh, and imaginative. This show has definate potential. Good to see Kelsey Grammer back on the box :)
  9. BigJ
    May 4, 2008
    Very funny show. Much better now than at the beginning of the series
  10. MohammadArshadi
    Oct 11, 2007
    I absolutely love Patricia Heaton play and herself in person she's a very very great sitcom comedian, im giving this show a 10 since, it's the third show after Raymond and 'till death to be heart warming and really funny, looking forward to the future episodes and down-the-road 2nd season. It is hilarious and i LOVE it.
  11. MariaS.
    Sep 21, 2007
    Great show! I've missed Kelsey Grammer so much.
  12. StantinoH
    Sep 22, 2007
    Very clever, great interaction , great supporting cast. It's a keeper.
  13. C.B.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Surprisingly good. I'll watch again.
  14. EmmaG.
    Sep 21, 2007
    This is a classic sitcom like the old ones we all love. As I was watching the pilot I realise how much I've missed them.
  15. PatriciaG.
    Love it!

1. Whenever the action drifts away from Heaton or Grammer, the show starts to feel slack.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    I'd rather just watch Grammer and Heaton trade barbs in the newsroom. [21 Sep 2007, p.71]
  3. There's no such thing as a sure thing when it comes to new TV series, but Back to You is as close as it gets.