• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 11, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.3

1. Oct 22, 2012
    I Agree with this person, this remake is a disaster, these actors have no chemistry whatsoever, the peformances are awful, the story is convoluted it makes me sick, Who in the right mind want to remake this great classic from 1987 and the disney movie from 1991, cause this piece of junk is no where near as good as those two.

This remake is a joke, big thumbs down.
  2. Oct 12, 2012
    To be honest, I was expecting much more when I heard about the remake of this series but it just doesn't feel right. Couldn't feel connected to the pilot at any point. Let's see what is the future of this series.
  3. Jan 16, 2013
    Unbelievable! I can't believe I stuck around till episode 3! Not a hater here but it just reminds me of all three things, Law&order wannabe, Batman wannabe, Bourne legacy thing going on. Beast is not beastly enough and the tantrums aren't working. Beauty named Det. Chandler great fighting skills but bad detective work always asking someone outside of work for help. Yea, it's a failure show. Chemistry of cast just isn't there. Expand
  4. Nov 10, 2012
    There is only one reason to watch this show -- to look at Kristen Kreuk. That's not good enough. Maybe if she went undercover as a stripper or something, it would be worth it. But no.
  5. Oct 16, 2012
    Not a strong opening for a new series. Kreuk's lack of acting talent really shows here and she is definitely not ready to have a lead role and being miscast in this proves that. Ryan on the other hand is more experienced and often does steal the scene but doesn't do enough to make the premise believable. The true to form great music that the CW provides is a nod to the other great shows that the CW does have. The chemistry isn't there between these two and the supporting cast are average at best. I'll stick around for a bit more with this but don't think the show has much of a future unless the plot and characters connect at some point. Expand
  6. rah
    Nov 2, 2012
    This show moves extremely fast and forgets to establish any of the characters. The two leads also have no chemistry and the story is plain. I do not recommend this show.

1. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Oct 11, 2012
    Beauty and the Beast is, alas, also woefully crafted on every level.
    Beauty and the Beast's pilot is rarely more than competent, sometimes stubbed-toe clumsy. But if it can hang around for a while, devise a style that matches its story, and tap its stars' sincerity, it could become a cult hit: perpetually underrated but loved.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Oct 11, 2012
    The original Beast was a beauty. This one's a bust.