Beware the Batman : Season 1

6.7

1. Jan 3, 2014
    It is a Batman show with no class and no direction.

It is a Batman show with no class and no direction.

Where most recent CGI adaptations of comic book characters succeed, 'Beware the Batman' unfortunately fails miserably. The people behind the series don't understand the majesty of Batman and the dilemmas that should arise from certain conflicts, instead they focus on Action and end each episode with a fist fight that ultimately leads to no where and no character development.

I'm not even talking about the designs & animation which just happen to be the absolute worst of any incarnation of the character, I'm just basing my opinion on the poor storytelling and lack of tone in the series which is supported by mediocre writing! I appreciate the writers different take on the character and the focus on more obscure Batman villains but it has to make sense and 'Beware the Batman' does not.

It's sad because we already have our perfect example of a Batman TV Series in the form of 'Batman: The Animated Series' and to see these new writers get so many things wrong just accentuates the poor quality of this latest offering.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jul 9, 2013
    Continuing Warner Bros. Animation’s welcome strategy of aiming its DC-derived animation at comics-loving adults as well as tykes, the writing is crisp and even above-their-heads literate.
  2. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jul 8, 2013
    It’s a pretty good one--a kind of reset from Cartoon Network’s last Batman production, "The Brave and the Bold."