• Network: A&E
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 13, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
7.6

1. Feb 11, 2011
    Love this. I'm not usally into these type of shows but, I was wrong. When I first saw it, I watched all the episodes aired so far and I don't regret it. I love this show.
  2. Dec 30, 2011
    This show is just so stupid imo. Taking kids (from 12-18) into prison in a pathetic attempt to scare them straight. The worst the kids have done was do drugs, drink, and fight. Nothing major, Well nothing worthy enough to be brought to a prison in an attempt to scare them. I just really dont see the point in this show at all. Its not a bad show but its simply one of those shows where you like it or you dont and I dont. Expand
  3. Oct 25, 2013
    In a world where teens are becoming more and more rebellious, the only way to reform them is to...scare them straight. Each one-hour episode "focuses on a different inmate-run program in the US, and follows four or five at-risk teens before they attend the program, throughout their day inside the prison, immediately afterwards, and then follows up with them one month later to see the lasting impact of the experience on their lives. I love this show, but I think the kids are not pushed hard enough; they need to teach them a lesson. While it certainly feels dramatized a bit, yelling at teens in their faces and bullying them seems to be quite an efficient method of reformation (although studies say otherwise). Entertaining, to say the least!

If you liked this review, read my other ones on a wide selection of movies and TV shows and mark this review as helpful.

1. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Jan 26, 2011
    You see no skepticism in Beyond. No analysis. No thinking. Just a lot of truly scary people yelling at very young kids.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Jan 13, 2011
    Arnold's Beyond Scared Straight hews to the premise of the original and proves to be just as gripping.
  3. Reviewed by: Catherine Fuentes
    Jan 13, 2011
    Maury Povich? Eat your heart out.