• Network: ABC

Jan 3, 2007
    GRRRREEAATTT Show!
  2. Pants79
    Nov 28, 2006
    This show is really fresh, funny, full of great characters; saw it a few months back, what a fun show! everyone should check it out
  3. NealS.
    Jan 17, 2007
    Not many good comedies on anymore. This one is clever, unique and at times amusing. No, it is not Seinfield or even Two and a Half Men. But it is not bad.
  4. ChristieW
    Jan 21, 2007
    I think this show is really funny show with great casting and good writing. I am wondering where did it go? I hope that ABC will let it go the distance and gain viewers with time. Not everything is an overnight hit and takes time to catch on. REmember seinfeld was almost canceled.
  5. MikeL
    Jan 2, 2007
    WARNING: This show is painfull to watch. I can't think of ANYTHING nice to say about this show. Mix bad soap opera acting with Malcom in the Middle'esque slapstic, and add numerous borrowed [or stolen] elements from a handfull of other "dumb but cute" movies, and the end result is one of the most painfully unfunny television shows you will ever see. Or if you're lucky you WARNING: This show is painfull to watch. I can't think of ANYTHING nice to say about this show. Mix bad soap opera acting with Malcom in the Middle'esque slapstic, and add numerous borrowed [or stolen] elements from a handfull of other "dumb but cute" movies, and the end result is one of the most painfully unfunny television shows you will ever see. Or if you're lucky you won't see it at all. The characters are all horribly hollow typecast chiches, and if that's not bad enough, the actors who play the characters just outright suck. The absolute worst character: Miriam Schor as "Becca." She's supposed to be this cleptomaniac goth girl, but her terrible acting skills mixed with her "younger side of age 36 looks" don't exactly cut it for the role she's supposed to play. Expand
  6. ajklarkson
    Jan 29, 2007
    Best show ever
  7. saidb
    Jan 5, 2007
    Its pretty good it just has to go a different way if there is more than one season
  8. BryanC
    Feb 18, 2007
    Awesome! Hilarius. Hope they air the final episode or release it on DVD. Another season would be great too.
  9. CJBurkart
    Mar 29, 2007
    This show is the funniest comedy on television currently. It different and very clevery, something that is drastically missing from television these days. If ABC cancels this show, its a disgrace. Give it time. None of my family or friends have even heard of it.
  10. TimB
    Dec 12, 2006
    I really had no plans to watch this, but the TV was on, it came on, and so I started watching. My mistake. The characters were truly and genuinely unlikeable, the situations that arose were annoying, and the comedy---well it just wasn't funny. I know I have high standards, but funny is something I generally demand out of something presented as "comedy." Bad.
  11. AmyC
    Dec 12, 2006
    I love this show; I only wish it was on for a full hour. It is light, it makes me laugh; a nice change from all the crime dramas (which I love as well).
  12. francescad
    Mar 23, 2007
    Great show!
  13. ElizabethH
    Nov 29, 2006
    Critics are brutal, absolutely brutal. What is everyone so angry about. They hated Friends, Seinfeld, Scrubs, and nearly every other hit on television. For ten or more years these shows stayed on no matter how little they still had to say. For crying out loud ER is STILL on the air. Yet so many clever shows are cancelled. Committed, another of Josh Cooke's shows was slam-dunked. Did Critics are brutal, absolutely brutal. What is everyone so angry about. They hated Friends, Seinfeld, Scrubs, and nearly every other hit on television. For ten or more years these shows stayed on no matter how little they still had to say. For crying out loud ER is STILL on the air. Yet so many clever shows are cancelled. Committed, another of Josh Cooke's shows was slam-dunked. Did anyone watch it? It was brilliant. Stop whining and just think about the hard work that goes into these shows. All the crew, the actors, everyone working so hard just to make some miserable people laugh. Give it a try, laughing is a pretty good way to pull those sticks right on our of your asses. Big Day is funny and clever. So sorry it isn't offensive and poorly acted to keep the likes of you entertained. Expand
  14. PaulS
    Dec 11, 2006
    Bad copy of the BBC's "Worst Week of My Life" (right down to the best man sleeping with the sister).

1. Big Day has no likable characters. [1 Dec 2006, p.72]
  2. Husband-and-wife team Josh Goldsmith and Cathy Yuspa pack the half-hour with oddball characters, zany circumstances and loads of physical comedy, but it's all grounded in enough reality to be utterly believable and irrepressibly funny.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Big Day should be retitled "The Longest Day," as it spends an entire season showing us how many dreadfully unfunny complications can spoil a single wedding day.