• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 26, 2007
5.2

1. RichardW.
    Oct 1, 2007
    A really great take on the cyborg ethical dilemma.
  2. SaraK
    Oct 4, 2007
    I could hardly wait for the series to start but it turned out to be a BIG disappointment. For one thing, they couldn't pick a worse actress than Ryan. Don't know exactly what else, but as soon as I flipped the channel, I channel, I forgot to come back to the show. Boring. Wish they release the original series on DVD already.
  3. AmirM.
    Oct 29, 2007
    I was greatly disappointed. The plot has so many holes in it you can't even go fishing with it... Some very bad cliches, too.
  4. GamerB.
    Sep 28, 2007
    Awful series based on an awful series. Completely emotionless acting, vacant stares, bad special effects, a 12 second sequence covering a two-hit "fight" and the turning of fan favorite Katie Sackoff into a Dick Tracey bad guy all conspire to make this complete dreck. I'll watch it again only when I start getting paid for my television time or it turns out this mess cures cancer.
  5. Todd
    Nov 20, 2007
    I've been trying SO hard to like this show. I *want* to like it. Unfortunately, I can't get passed the annoying-damn shaky cam and constant use of blurry obstructions in the foreground. PLEASE invest in a bionic tripod and rediscover the beauty and art of cinematography. I'll start watching the show again when you quit jerking the camera around and shooting from behind I've been trying SO hard to like this show. I *want* to like it. Unfortunately, I can't get passed the annoying-damn shaky cam and constant use of blurry obstructions in the foreground. PLEASE invest in a bionic tripod and rediscover the beauty and art of cinematography. I'll start watching the show again when you quit jerking the camera around and shooting from behind blurry objects in the foreground that always seem to get in the way of the focal point. Thanks. Expand
  6. BrianE.
    Oct 15, 2007
    Has makings of a good show... it will take some time for the characters to develop.
  7. BobH.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Terrible.
  8. TawnySueS
    Oct 5, 2007
    With the exception of Sarah Corvus, the characters are too flat and bland to be memorable. Michelle Ryan is a mediocre actress. Her voice, her mannerisms and her reasoning all make me think I'm watching a bionic girl, not a woman.
  9. markc.
    Oct 6, 2007
    Come on ONE bionic arm and only ONE leg, do we need a bake sale to complete the job.
  10. WestonT.
    Oct 6, 2007
    While it has all the trappings of an Alias/Dark Angel clone, the second episode really brought it home: This is an incredibly hackneyed, soul-crushingly written, poorly acted piece of TV crap that apparently wasn't supposed to make it past the pilot. The characters do not engage (not even Corvus,) the plot, as it were, does not even attempt an effort at believability, and the special While it has all the trappings of an Alias/Dark Angel clone, the second episode really brought it home: This is an incredibly hackneyed, soul-crushingly written, poorly acted piece of TV crap that apparently wasn't supposed to make it past the pilot. The characters do not engage (not even Corvus,) the plot, as it were, does not even attempt an effort at believability, and the special effects aren't just bad... they make one wonder if they actually have a budget for them. My wife was a big fan as a kid of the original series, but I'll be sitting out any further viewings, thanks. Expand
  11. ScooterM.
    Sep 26, 2007
    Even though I rarely like remakes, I thought this was at the least interesting, good action, plot line was a little week, but the action sequences were pretty good. Effects well left some to be desired from but, it's TV afterall.
  12. Liinker
    Sep 26, 2007
    It still needs some work, but it has some really interesting potential. I say, give it a chance to grow and let's see how it turns out. I kind of like it.
  13. JoeT.
    Sep 27, 2007
    The characters are non-descript and forgettable, but I did stick with the first episode until she becomes 'bionic'... but yeah... The pilot episode of 'Chuck' had waaay more character and promise (although I understand that show drops in quality after the first few episodes too...)
  14. keithw.
    Sep 27, 2007
    i thought i showed a lot of promise but they should have split the pilot over 2 episodes the rooftop fight was excellent
  15. JohnS.
    Sep 27, 2007
    Excellent popcorn fun. Forget the haters.
  16. Benl
    Oct 10, 2007
    The pilot of the this show got worse with every minute. Its like a corny Dark Angel. Tried to watch the second episode but gave up after about 10 minutes.
  17. SteveK.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Alias meets Heroes... except this show is terrible. A cool idea, but they managed to make it boring and utterly lifeless. I gave it a shot, wanted to like it, but it's a waste of time. And by the way, don't use a score with a saxophone during love scenes, it's very 80's.
  18. bob
    Oct 13, 2007
    It's still entertaining, even if it needs some work.
  19. RichardB.
    Oct 15, 2007
    Not really impress by the show.
  20. NickD
    Oct 23, 2007
    This show has some major potential if its done right. The ethical questions it raises are handled extremely well. With BSG ending this show definitely has the potential to fill that void.
  21. RobbieC
    Dec 6, 2007
    Horrendous.
  22. ScottM.
    Oct 31, 2007
    Better than what i was expecting from the show so far, hopefully they can keep the action pumped up and going. Michelle Ryan is a terrific actress.
  23. BrendanD
    Oct 4, 2007
    For the last time, TV executives, Ron Moore, not David Eick, is the genius half of "Battlestar Galactica!" Eick's remake of "Bionic Woman" isn't bad; it just isn't very good. We've seen the basic premise of this show done before. Mostly, it's been done better ("Dark Angel," "Alias" -- hell, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"). Superheroes only work when they have an For the last time, TV executives, Ron Moore, not David Eick, is the genius half of "Battlestar Galactica!" Eick's remake of "Bionic Woman" isn't bad; it just isn't very good. We've seen the basic premise of this show done before. Mostly, it's been done better ("Dark Angel," "Alias" -- hell, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"). Superheroes only work when they have an equally intriguing supporting cast. The only real intrigue in the "Bionic Woman" cast is in Katee Sackoff's Sarah Corvus. But then again, she's just awesome, period. Collapse
  24. BruceH.
    Oct 6, 2007
    I grew up on the the original 6 Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman, and while they were not top-grade television, this new 2007 version is a sad disappointment. A constant stream of lousy atmospheric music, ramped up bass, and over-saturated colors cannot make up for the poor acting and scripting. This show takes itself way too seriously and needs to lighten up. The props department also I grew up on the the original 6 Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman, and while they were not top-grade television, this new 2007 version is a sad disappointment. A constant stream of lousy atmospheric music, ramped up bass, and over-saturated colors cannot make up for the poor acting and scripting. This show takes itself way too seriously and needs to lighten up. The props department also needs to amp up their work - at least on my HDTV, many small prop items look like styrofoam or cheap plastic. In the most recent episode, graveyard stones, wall plaques and a laughable glass "war map" looked cheap and ridiculous. Tight and shaky camera work make all the fight sequences hard to follow. The producers attempt every cheap trick in the book but this this does not make up for the fact that, at least so far, this show is weak. Expand
  25. SpencerS.
    Oct 7, 2007
    Good TV.
  26. NatalieO.
    Oct 8, 2007
    It sucks. The acting is bad. The lead is just plain blah
  27. MattG
    Oct 9, 2007
    While the idea behind Bionic Woman is to create a modern-day remake, the execution is much more like merging the current Battlestar Galactica (which explains the two actors from that show in THIS show) and Alias. It's fun, the acting is solid, and it is clearly not comparable to any other Wed night show.
  28. PC
    Sep 26, 2007
    I seen the preview, and although this is a remake, it looks 100 times better than the old one.
  29. SaraC.
    Sep 26, 2007
    I threw up after the last 10 minutes because it sucked so bad. PP wasn't even that great either but at least it was watchable. Huge Disappointment.
  30. HlenF
    Sep 26, 2007
    The second episode is the biggest television mess of the year. Please do not waste your time on this crap.
  31. KevinM
    Sep 26, 2007
    Sickens me to write about it but I will. Hiring an English women to play an American hero. Bad casting.
  32. MichaellP.
    Sep 26, 2007
    This is pretty sad. Even I feel bad giving this buzzed yet horrible show something that will bring it from a 1.1 to something lower. Oh, well, the writing was crap as was the directing but the casting of an English women (Who come on I could hear the accent from across the atlantic.) was horrible. Sorry. Next.
  33. NicoleD
    Sep 26, 2007
    Glad it wasn't a movie and I didn't pay 12.50 for it cause it sucked!
  34. DavidW
    Sep 26, 2007
    Couldn't even tell what was going on.
  35. BigF.
    Sep 26, 2007
    If you can forgive the fact that the plot suffers because of the need to establish the characters in the first episode it looks to have a bit of promise about it so might be worth sticking with. Ironically Michelle Ryan is refreshingly un-plastic compared to so many leading actresses in American series.
  36. PaulL.
    Sep 26, 2007
    Wow...much better than the original '70s series. Viewers who like "heroes" and the new "Battlestar Galactica" will really like this one...there's lots of story-telling potential here, there hasn't been a drama/adventure series on the networks this good in a long time!
  37. IrfanB.
    Sep 27, 2007
    Pilot was a bit cliched and below par, but wouldn't rule this show out at all!
  38. ChrisH.
    Sep 27, 2007
    Once you accept the premise that secret technology can replace AND IMPROVE hearing, vision and limbs, you will find this show pretty entertaining. I liked Ryan in Jeckyll and I like her even more in this role.
  39. Eldon
    Sep 27, 2007
    First, I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised and relieved to see our new Jamie Sommers. Michelle Ryan is amazing to look at, and she can act. A stellar choice in my opinion. I also like that it isn't full of actors we all know and almost has a foreign film feeling to it because of that. But, alas, it does seem to have a few things going against it... I hope some of First, I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised and relieved to see our new Jamie Sommers. Michelle Ryan is amazing to look at, and she can act. A stellar choice in my opinion. I also like that it isn't full of actors we all know and almost has a foreign film feeling to it because of that. But, alas, it does seem to have a few things going against it... I hope some of these things can be worked though because I sense a lot of fun potential lurking in the dark shadows of Jamie's new world. For my part I will say that the younger sister thang bugs and is predictable. And I hate to say it because everyone just seems to love her but, Katee Sackhoff... I'm not a fan. I think she really stunk up the place over at BG and I like the series despite her. I just don't think she can act and she's gotten in over her head with this juicy role. Her casting is a head scratcher for me. But, I do remain open and hopeful that Bionic Woman will reach it's potentials... I hope. Expand
  40. robE
    Sep 27, 2007
    The show was slick and stylish with tight writing and a great cast. The fight scene in the rain brought back memories of Blade Runner. Well done, I can only hope the series keeps up this quality and momentum.
  41. katiep.
    Sep 27, 2007
    The pilot was decent. Seems like it may be a good show. Pilots are generally not that spectacular because of low-budget, etc. I will definitely be tuning i next Wednesday.
  42. GM
    Sep 27, 2007
    I had such expectations...none were met...this is a reallllllllyyyyyyy bad show!!!
  43. EmanuelC.
    Sep 29, 2007
    Looks like an updated version of Dark Angel. Anyone else notice that?
  44. StacyH.
    Sep 29, 2007
    I'm surprised at the low ratings. I'm in. I thought the premiere was great.
  45. DeanN.
    Sep 30, 2007
    The ending of the pilot episode was a little weird - it seemed like she wanted to become a super hero out of nowhere - but the truck accident scene was intense. All in all, I think this show has potential. The story is pretty interesting, and the fighting scenes shouldn't disappoint. I just hope the ball gets rolling a bit quicker than it did with fellow super hero show Heroes.
  46. LeeL.
    Jan 30, 2008
    Just wanna improve the rating - in fact, I give it a 7/10 rating. Yes, it's not the best show ever, but I like most of the characters - mainly Sarah Corvus - and episodes. Sadly, gotta agree it sucks sometimes, like in 4 or so episodes. Still, it's worth watchin; I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you're into great female character interaction, neat (but not very often Just wanna improve the rating - in fact, I give it a 7/10 rating. Yes, it's not the best show ever, but I like most of the characters - mainly Sarah Corvus - and episodes. Sadly, gotta agree it sucks sometimes, like in 4 or so episodes. Still, it's worth watchin; I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you're into great female character interaction, neat (but not very often displayed) fighting scenes and other things which I can't recall now. Just watch it like I did: when top favourites like Lost are not available and without much concern. ;) Expand
  47. CazG
    Mar 18, 2008
    This show had real potential - especially when the anti-Bionic woman was on screen - and should be given another chance with a stable writing/production team.
  48. JasonD.
    Mar 8, 2008
    I liked it , obviously it should get better if more episodes get made . Michelle Ryan was perfectly cast and played the part a little darker than the original. Fun family tv show which sure beats the hell outta reality tv .
  49. CraigB
    Oct 11, 2007
    Nothing exciting here. When the evil bionic woman is asked why she's attacking the the heroine, she says, "I don't know". Come on.. you need a reason. Don't waste your time with this one.
  50. MartinS.
    Nov 28, 2007
    I thought it was interesting until they added the romantic intrigue. The CIA dude is so smug it makes me want to puke.
    Oct 22, 2007
    wow! they're scrapin the bottom of the barrell....this show is proof that the writers are out of ideas.
  52. CindyT.
    Oct 24, 2007
    I love this show its great.
  53. JaneK.
    Dec 7, 2007
    This is one of those terrible shows we all love to watch. A guilty pleasure, if you will. The plot lines are loose, continuation between episodes is weak, the characters aren't as interesting as they could be... and yet, I admit to watching it every time its on. At first it was just for Katee Satchell. And now... who knows? The fight scenes feel forced, the main character seems like This is one of those terrible shows we all love to watch. A guilty pleasure, if you will. The plot lines are loose, continuation between episodes is weak, the characters aren't as interesting as they could be... and yet, I admit to watching it every time its on. At first it was just for Katee Satchell. And now... who knows? The fight scenes feel forced, the main character seems like a college student, not a bartending bionic woman... I don't feel there is any real threat to her or her sister, that there is no obvious threat from the outside... the first bionic woman is the only layered character, and I am hoping they will play with that angle more as a nemesis. Or just cancel this junk so I can turn the station. Expand
  54. KevinL.
    Sep 26, 2007
    The pilot of this series isn't so terrible with quite an intense plotline. Its premise seems to have such a huge ground to hold but "Bionic Woman" comes very short. I don't know what to say to this because it seems like everything just falls short in so many aspects. After the second episode, this show is meant to take the nose-dive, quality wise, because it is just a huge mess The pilot of this series isn't so terrible with quite an intense plotline. Its premise seems to have such a huge ground to hold but "Bionic Woman" comes very short. I don't know what to say to this because it seems like everything just falls short in so many aspects. After the second episode, this show is meant to take the nose-dive, quality wise, because it is just a huge mess afterwards. Expand
  55. JuddR.
    Sep 26, 2007
    Eww and disgusting. This could not have been worse. Wait it was. Directing writing and acting were horrible. And yes, the second episode went into a negative.
  56. NigelP
    Sep 26, 2007
    Kill me now. Horrible show. I was the biggest fan of Bionic Women but please,just kill me now!
  57. SaoriseC
    Sep 26, 2007
    Shoot me. I couldn't have predicted a more horrible looking (could you even see anything or anyone?) Plus the FX were horrible.
  58. PaulG
    Sep 26, 2007
    Worse than Private Practice. Disguisting. I could hear Michelle Ryan's accent to perfection, but she is pretty to look at.
  59. BrandonS.
    Sep 26, 2007
    A disappointing premiere, but it's hard to judge shows, especially those with far-out premises, by the premiere alone. Given that this comes from the makers of Battlestar Galactica, it certainly deserves checking out the next few episodes. Sometimes shows like this just need a few to get onto steadier ground. The potential's there.
  60. Mr.J
    Sep 26, 2007
    The pilot seemed pretty average to me. Some of the dialogue was cringe-worthy. Basically, I liked watching a hot girl run around, get in fights, and jump really high... but I still got bored.
  61. Rob
    Sep 27, 2007
    If you liked the new BSG - easily one of the best shows on television - you'll like the new Bionic Woman. I confess that I tuned in mostly to see how bad it would be, but surprisingly it's got real heft. Hopefully it will build on a strong start.
  62. danniellea.
    Sep 27, 2007
    I have watched the pilot and have to say i was pleasantly surprised. i believe Michelle Ryan played the part of Jaime Sommers with just the right amount of feeling. There was shy innocence at the start and a more expressive passion towards the end. I think her performance coupled with that of Katee Sackhoff was very powerful, and brought a wealth of emotions to the viewer. I think this I have watched the pilot and have to say i was pleasantly surprised. i believe Michelle Ryan played the part of Jaime Sommers with just the right amount of feeling. There was shy innocence at the start and a more expressive passion towards the end. I think her performance coupled with that of Katee Sackhoff was very powerful, and brought a wealth of emotions to the viewer. I think this show is well worth a second look and maybe a third. Expand
  63. CF
    Sep 28, 2007
    It wasn't too bad - I am not sure what everyone was expecting.
  64. RomanT.
    Sep 28, 2007
    What an incoherent mess. Lurching between two primary moods - murky and vague - there's far too little bionic thrills and far too much achingly-serious, self-important bluster.
  65. C.B.
    Sep 29, 2007
    blah. Michelle Ryan is hot, but the didn't do much to make me want to watch next week.
  66. CyndiC.e
    Nov 13, 2007
    It is boring!
  67. Oct 13, 2010
    Was good. I enjoyed it. Heaps better than the original series. Unfortunately the writers strike in the US resulted in it's axing before season one was completed. They did only eight episodes and never gave it a fair go.

Dim. Ryan is not to blame. Jaime, rebuilt after a horrific car accident, must live in a grim, punishing world and associate with joyless characters. Speedy Jaime can't outrun this train wreck.
  2. There's a distinct "Alias" overtone to her initiation into the dark side of the force. If I'd liked "Alias," this might have me all excited. But I didn't, so I'm not.
  3. Under Michael Dinner's steady directorial hand, it's dark, tense and conspiratorial, a far cry from the camp sci-fi tricks of its predecessor.