• Network: Syfy
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 13, 2014
Season #: 1, 2
7.0

1. Feb 8, 2015
    if you truly want to see what this show is like, smoke just a tiny bit of cannabis(0.4g) and you will see how **** this show really is................
  2. Jan 5, 2015
    Possibly the worst show ever, Bitten is a supernatural series about Werewolves who live in a house together and argue over who stole who's **** It's the most pointless, teen-angsty lovey-dovey horrific series I've ever seen. How on EARTH did it get a second season? It's literally like this;

What? I'm a wolf now? Oh no! Now I have to go live in a house with my wolf family because they need me for my super sensitive nose and abandon my husband and my wonderful life. What should I do? I guess i'll go hookup with my old wolfy ex who lives in the house and have mixed emotions. Every episode.
  3. Aug 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I truly and deeply hate this show. I'm on episode 8 on Netflix and I am done. I tried to like it but I can't. It went from boring to bad to downright disgusting. Sick of seeing people being tied up and tortured. I hate ever single main character and I want all of them to die - especially Clayton who love brutalizing, torturing and killing everyone he can.

The writing stinks and the acting stinks even more.
  4. Jul 13, 2014
    Ok so this show was just awful... let me apologize first for all Torontonians who are foced to cringe at the constant shout outs made each time this show airs. Let me also apologize for the terrible casting job done by this show. I assure you not all actors here in the great white north are this terrible.

So I watched this with a group and needless to say we all felt the need to blast it. Yes the show is mostly garbage and complete festering dog doo. But there are a few tiny gems. Jeramy isn't casted badly and is a cool actor, clay can be decent when he isn't forced to stoop to the female leads **** acting abilities. Never read the books myself so I can't really judge how its following the series. Only that this is a pretty god awful show and needs to be revamped or something to not make me want to gouge my eyes out. Originally from a small town and no girl looks like that, has a house that geared up, or guys look that Nicklebacky.

Though watching a girl who is supposedly supposed to be on the run from a band of serial killers and kung fu master constantly wear heels is pretty funny and entertaining. I mean like seriously man? Whatever just fap to her later right? -_-
  5. Jul 13, 2014
    Just watched this with my friend and so disappointed. I am a girl and to think that we would be so easily swayed by this twilight, soap opera, girly mush. Is just pathetic ladies are smart enough to know when they are being sold a bag of goods. Read the books and was soooooooo excited to see how it would be portrayed way to let me down. This show is nothing but buzz words, marketing sheetJust watched this with my friend and so disappointed. I am a girl and to think that we would be so easily swayed by this twilight, soap opera, girly mush. Is just pathetic ladies are smart enough to know when they are being sold a bag of goods. Read the books and was soooooooo excited to see how it would be portrayed way to let me down. This show is nothing but buzz words, marketing sheet dribble, poor female casting. I mean come on did you even try and read the books when making this show?

The cast looks like they are more out of a Vogue catalogue then a pack of wolves. If we girls want sex in the city or girls we will watch sex in the city or girls. But if we want werewolves and action with dashes of romance then give the viewers what they want. Seriously guys stop treating us like consumers and least try and start seeing us ladies as someone with half a brain. Because a half brained chic would be able to tell whats **** and whats not. Yuk!!!!

Ps to all you social media ppl who wrote positive reviews on here or critics who were paid for their quotes where the heck is your journalistic integrity?
  6. Jul 13, 2014
    What a steaming pile of flaming **** The female lead asks like a whiny teen or 20 year old when she should be like 30+. The casting for the most part is just awful for the female cast. As someone from Toronto, read the books and is Male. This is just an over-hyped trashy way to get a hold of that twilight girl based target market.

Here is a fun fact guys and girls like good plot

Here is a fun fact guys and girls like good plot lines, realistic casting, thought provoking dialogue and realistic plot/ character progression and development. When will tv stations learn to keep marketing and demographic sheets out of television. Because good television sells a hell of a lot more than marketed television. Arrow learned that in the second season gradually moving away from the tween- young adult market and more to the 20-25+ market. Orphan Black, Defiance, Suits all more content driven and less driven by statistics.

Content drives views and ratings don't believe me? Look at the best vlogs, blogs and shows on TV. We live in a more enlightened age. So stop trying to sell us on the show and start trying to give us a compelling product we can't help but not miss.
  7. Jun 3, 2014
    This is an awesome show! I love it already and there has only been one season so far. I can't see what is going to happen next! this show is not the typical teen werewolf drama. i find my self always wanting more! Fantastic show. I definitely recommend it
  8. May 22, 2014
    I wasn't able to watch this show on TV but I did watch it on Netflix. Once I started watching I couldn't stop until I watched it all. I am hoping it gets renewed so that all of us can continue to watch. One of the things that I loved about it was how it continued where each episode left off.
  9. May 21, 2014
    I just love this show, Clayton and Elena are so very awesome. the story plot is fairly close to the book. Once you start watching, it becomes so very additive.
  10. Apr 21, 2014
    I loved the book this tv series was based on and i gotta say, i love the tv shows as well! i thought that maybe the tv show would go waaay off track and start making stuff up that wont appeal to me, but the changes they made were needed and wonderful! the suspense, even though i knew how the season would roughly show, still got to me and i loved loved loved the flash backs
  11. Apr 9, 2014
    its a have to see show it has a lot of action and u never know what will happen next! I enjoy the show so much there are so many twists and turns and to see what the pack will do next i cant wait Elena is going to have a lot on her plate long with Logan a lot has happened it is a very suspenseful show. And for all the haters out there just cause it's not your type of show does not make itits a have to see show it has a lot of action and u never know what will happen next! I enjoy the show so much there are so many twists and turns and to see what the pack will do next i cant wait Elena is going to have a lot on her plate long with Logan a lot has happened it is a very suspenseful show. And for all the haters out there just cause it's not your type of show does not make it bad i think all the characters look and act great and clay definitely should not shave his face im sure that was from a guys point of view the show is great would change a thing. Expand
  12. Apr 7, 2014
    Here's the problem, I've read the books. I get they move away at some point from the way it was written, which is fine, but if you move away from the actual character of the book you have a big issue. Elena isn't so outright soft. She's conflicted, internally. She's pissed at Clay, externally. She's a hard ass, strong, smart, creative, out of the box thinking and feeling female of theHere's the problem, I've read the books. I get they move away at some point from the way it was written, which is fine, but if you move away from the actual character of the book you have a big issue. Elena isn't so outright soft. She's conflicted, internally. She's pissed at Clay, externally. She's a hard ass, strong, smart, creative, out of the box thinking and feeling female of the 20th century. She is NOT a weak willed, easily controlled, brat. Shame that the people who write and direct this show don't read comments written by those who aren't critics. Cause there's enough of us that could help point them in the correct direction.

My issues aren't with the changed plot, or event the way they set up and ran with the show... all of my issues are with the character development. Most of which is off point. Clay on the other hand is PERFECTLY done. Probably the only one I don't have an issue with.
  13. Apr 7, 2014
    I love it. At first I wasn't so sure due to its shaky start, but now I'm dying to see more. It's a keeper! Clay is a little more civilized in the show then the books, and he's definitely a little sweeter. I do like the fight scenes, oddly enough. Clay is good! Elena kicks butt herself. Just get past the beginning of the series and try not to compare it to the books so closely andI love it. At first I wasn't so sure due to its shaky start, but now I'm dying to see more. It's a keeper! Clay is a little more civilized in the show then the books, and he's definitely a little sweeter. I do like the fight scenes, oddly enough. Clay is good! Elena kicks butt herself. Just get past the beginning of the series and try not to compare it to the books so closely and wham, and enjoyable series! Expand
  14. Apr 6, 2014
    This show is quite addictive! It's not the average crap you see on television these days. It's a good series for both males and females. It's a well written and i firmly believe that it must be renewed for a second season. It totally deserves it! Laura Vandervoort is an awesome actress and she deserves an award for her performance!
  15. Mar 31, 2014
    There are a lot of good show around at the moment, but this is the one I fear may get cancelled. I love the show and look forward to every episode. I think it deserves a second season but needs a bit more of a push from the network. this stands up against vampire diaries and the originals but not many people have heard of it. another great show cancelled because of bad scheduling and notThere are a lot of good show around at the moment, but this is the one I fear may get cancelled. I love the show and look forward to every episode. I think it deserves a second season but needs a bit more of a push from the network. this stands up against vampire diaries and the originals but not many people have heard of it. another great show cancelled because of bad scheduling and not enough media attention. Expand
  16. Mar 31, 2014
    For a werewolf TV show, I think it's trying pretty hard at trying to get it in a modern context and I think it's nailing it so far!

I really hope this gets a second season. It's definitely got loads of potential!
  17. Mar 30, 2014
    this show gets more amazing as each episode progresses
    it might not be to everyone's taste but i think it will appeal very much to its target audience
    for those who don't like werewolf shows, don't watch it. it has done very well in terms of character building as we get insight into how the characters lives were like before. some of the actors are good, some of them aren't... i'll
    this show gets more amazing as each episode progresses
    for those who don't like werewolf shows, don't watch it.
    some of the actors are good, some of them aren't... i'll leave you to figure out which ones fall into which category.
    the show has done its job by making me tune in each week, and i've grown an attachment to the show, which is the goal for any show i guess,
    watch out for the end of episode 12, something we believed to be a solid fact and the truth, turns out to be completely wrong...(not going to say anything else)
  18. Mar 25, 2014
    For a Canadian show its pretty good. There seems to be a lot of werewolf and vampire shows airing since the Twilight series. It's not one of best shows out there right now, but it is watchable. I like that the show separates packs from mutts it adds a lot of confrontation, war, backstabbing etc.., You just don't know what the mutts are going to do next, they seem to be doing pretty goodFor a Canadian show its pretty good. There seems to be a lot of werewolf and vampire shows airing since the Twilight series. It's not one of best shows out there right now, but it is watchable. I like that the show separates packs from mutts it adds a lot of confrontation, war, backstabbing etc.., You just don't know what the mutts are going to do next, they seem to be doing pretty good for themselves so far. Also, I like the fact that it takes a strong special woman to become werewolf its kinda kewl! If you like werewolf shows watch TEEN WOLF on MTV, now that's an AWESOME werewolf series! Expand
  19. Mar 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before I start, let me clarify, I am a filmmaker, an avid reader and a fantasy geek... So Bitten... When I first heard that they were adapting one of my favourite book series for tv I thought fab, this is going to be good... Then I saw the trailer, and thought ok, this is looking ok, I thought the CGI was a little rough, but maybe they were playing a little teasing it out to intrigue people. Then came the big day, I sat down, tuned in and watch the pilot episode. Now, every show takes a little while to get going sometimes, get into the swing of things, cast are often still finding their feet and their characters, getting used to working with the director and producers, so though I was not overly thrilled by the pilot, I thought, ok lets give it a few episodes. By week three you should really be settled. How wrong I was!

Elena is constantly going backwards and forwards between Toronto and Stonehaven, which is totally stupid. The whole point is that she gets caught up by the world of Stonehaven, too much to think about talking much to Phillip. Also the whole Phillip's mother hating Elena thing? Cut it out, please!

Clay? Well, he hardly sounds that southern does he! And he needs to get rid of the facial hair please!!!! Not good for him, also blond curls, ripped abs, muscular body, the actor looks nothing like Clay, did the casting director really not read the books before they started!!!

Nick, well if they got something right, it was Nick. People tend to ignore him a bit more as he has less of a role, but the whole point is Nick is the go between for Elena and Clay who is his best friend. He makes her see sense when Clay has done something irrational, however, he is a follower not a leader.

Jeremy... Where to start!!! Jeez, they got him wrong haven't they? Jeremy is meant to be part Asian due to his heritage with the Kitsune, revealed in a later book plot... But it starts here with his 6th sense for noticing when his family is in trouble. But does he have that... No, neither is there any mention of it what so ever! The actor is general fairly strong in other series, I have heard, but in this there is no Alpha in him whatsoever.

Antonio ***SPOILER ALERT*** They killed him off instead of Logan!!!!!! Seriously???? Why??? Logan is meant to die, for Elena to see why she has to stay at Stonehaven and help track and kill the mutts.

While we are on the subject of Logan ***SPOILER ALERT*** His girlfriend is pregnant??? With a boy? Why? Why cause this controversy?? Also, he's a lawyer not a psychologist and is not based in Toronto nr Elena... Also he would never have been able to fight of Karl in the latest episode (yes I am still watching, because I want to see it succeed but it probably won't) anyways... He would never have been able to fight of Karl as he is a seasoned werewolf and a pro and Logan is only young.

Onto the mutts, all I can say is they are completely weird it is unclear at times how Daniel found them. Karl is most definitely portrayed the closest to what he is in the book, though this may be through the actors doing rather than the writers. Daniel feels choppy and bringing a girl into the situation didn't help one bit. The torture scenes by Clay and their aftermath are stupid in my opinion. Clay never regrets what he done, he protects the pack above all else and this is missing from his character.

Ohh and the awful attempt at a love triangle with Phillip! Not the Vampire Diaries guys, please, come on, had enough of people fighting over the same girl!!!

Sort it out, fire your writers, bring in some stronger ones and remake the whole thing with a better budget and more concentration on the book. Set the characters in this series, then you can start to pick the storylines apart like they did with TrueBlood. Notice how they stuck to the books fairly regularly changing it here and there for specific needs for putting it onto the tv. Why couldn't they have done this!!!???

A full review will be posted on my tumblr after the series has ended! Til then have fun and watch a stronger show PLEASE and dont let this get a second season til they have sorted out their problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. Mar 23, 2014
    It was slow at first, but now I'm loving it and can't wait to see the next episodes!!. The plot has thickened, the fight scenes are awesome and Clay is super hot! I have been bitten by Bitten!
  21. Mar 23, 2014
    For a show that concerns this type of genre, I am sitting on the fence. There is a fine line between a good show and a bad show and I am not sure about this yet.
    I want something that keeps me on the edge of my seat or at least wanting more once the episode has finished, I find the story predicable and the characters look like they should be on an American beach surfing, rather than a pack of wolves. For me the series so far lacks depth and could do with some more development to take this to a level we haven't seen, so much missed potential.
  22. Mar 21, 2014
    A disaster. Who writes this boring, generic, stereotypical garbage? If it wasn't for the hyped TnA, I would have never tuned in for Episode One. Seriously, does anyone watch this?
  23. Mar 18, 2014
    I never knew the show before, a friend told me about the books, and I'm addicted. So likewise, I'm addicted to the TV series, especially Clay! I look forward to coming home to see the show every Monday. I'm wondering how they're going to incorporate the rest of the story?
  24. Mar 16, 2014
    I love the Other World book series and I am excited at how the producers have adapted the first book into the TV series. I am excited for more and pray they continue on doing so with the rest of the book series!
  25. Mar 16, 2014
    Why all the negativity,,,, a Canadian show which actually supports the book plus is great on tv. Always takes time for shows to get a foot start. Been a fan of shows like this for years and like a great relationship it takes a bit to get going. The show is great on transformation effects and is getting stronger in it's acting as relationships develop. So give it a chance and like a goodWhy all the negativity,,,, a Canadian show which actually supports the book plus is great on tv. Always takes time for shows to get a foot start. Been a fan of shows like this for years and like a great relationship it takes a bit to get going. The show is great on transformation effects and is getting stronger in it's acting as relationships develop. So give it a chance and like a good relationship let the show prove it's self. Being Human and even True Blood took a bit to get it where it is now. Support Canadian Actors and watch it unfold..... I know I've been bitten and look for my fix weekly. Expand
  26. Mar 15, 2014
    The only thing I knew about this show when I turned on the pilot was: something about werewolves. I had no hopes invested in this show, but it sounded interesting and I went in with an open mind. This show is horrible! I couldn't even stomach finishing the pilot. The show opens with a sex scene and from that moment on it felt like I was watching "soft" porn made for syfy. The acting wasThe only thing I knew about this show when I turned on the pilot was: something about werewolves. I had no hopes invested in this show, but it sounded interesting and I went in with an open mind. This show is horrible! I couldn't even stomach finishing the pilot. The show opens with a sex scene and from that moment on it felt like I was watching "soft" porn made for syfy. The acting was horrible, the writing was horrible, the story was uninteresting and my final impression was: They hoped to make a sad werewolf copy of "True Blood" and actually flat out failed! Who are these writers/directors/actors/producers? AND WHY would anyone EVER wast money on letting shows of this quality get on the air? Expand
  27. Mar 11, 2014
    I'm a fan of the books, so it took a few episodes for me to get comfortable. I'm a 44 year old intelligent woman, who prefers action and sic fi to the typical stuff offered up to my gender. Okay, now you know where I'm coming from. This series isn't going to set the world alight - most shows don't - but it is is good, certainly worth a second season. Humans are peripheral in KelleyI'm a fan of the books, so it took a few episodes for me to get comfortable. I'm a 44 year old intelligent woman, who prefers action and sic fi to the typical stuff offered up to my gender. Okay, now you know where I'm coming from. This series isn't going to set the world alight - most shows don't - but it is is good, certainly worth a second season. Humans are peripheral in Kelley Armstrong's 'Otherworld' so the perspective is interesting, and I always enjoyed the acceptance of the alternative moral code of the werewolves. The acting's good, the script falls down once and a while to be sure, and most book fans have issues with certain plot twists - one in particular - but I look forward to it each week. Expand
  28. Mar 11, 2014
    what's with all the hate? i am loving this show - the first one in a long time. it's fresh, it's syfy for adults (for a change), it keeps the storyline and it has enough breadth to make it super interesting and hooked. It's goofy, it's sexy, and explores the psyche of a "parallel" society in a very gripping parallel to the "human" way of living. i have avoided the SyFy channel like awhat's with all the hate? i am loving this show - the first one in a long time. it's fresh, it's syfy for adults (for a change), it keeps the storyline and it has enough breadth to make it super interesting and hooked. It's goofy, it's sexy, and explores the psyche of a "parallel" society in a very gripping parallel to the "human" way of living. i have avoided the SyFy channel like a disease - sharknadoes? really?
    people who are complaining about how "different" it is from the books should understand that NO ONE wants to watch something they already read.
    i like the writing - it's a good mix of romance, syfy, intrigue and duality - which is, bottom line, the whole point.
    seriously - don't spoil it for the rest of us: if you don't like it, go on watching face off or the SAME movies over and over again - and leave the show alone so the rest of us can continue to enjoy it.
  29. Mar 10, 2014
    This show contains the most loathesom, dislikable protagonists on any TV show I have ever seen air on syfy. I can't sympathize with any character. The main protagonists are hateful, spiteful, sadistic, torturerers. I liked that the werewolves take on the form of actual wolves but that is about it.
  30. Mar 5, 2014
    This series is exciting and different with a female lead role. It follows the books very closely and is developing the essence of each individual character as the series progresses.If you were entranced by the entire Bitten book series, you will see each week how well the story line flows as the pack becomes more cohesive. It started out slowly, but is unfolding the hidden talents of eachThis series is exciting and different with a female lead role. It follows the books very closely and is developing the essence of each individual character as the series progresses.If you were entranced by the entire Bitten book series, you will see each week how well the story line flows as the pack becomes more cohesive. It started out slowly, but is unfolding the hidden talents of each pack member as they struggle to hide their true natures in a human world. Given the chance Bitten will build a base of followers. It is a blast. Expand
  31. Feb 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the books, and so I've been giving the show a chance in spite of my reservations about the inconsistencies between the show and the books. For example, Elena is not a photographer, she is a journalist, which is just ONE small detail but there are so many more. The slow release of the character backstories has been a bit frustrating, especially for people who haven't read the books. People I know and who I have recommended to watch the series but hadn't previously read the books have stopped watching because they can't get in touch with the characters, they feel the acting is poor but truthfully the acting isn't the problem - it's the dialogue and the slow dribbles of the back story that are smattered so randomly and miserly throughout the program that they don't generate any empathy for the character. For example, in the book Elena was sexually abused by her stepfather - there is a huge back story there but the introduction of this pedophile's character on the show was crudely and poorly done with very little explanation of why his character is relevant to Elena. I'll be surprised if this show makes it to a second season, which is frankly unlikely. And really, for a show with this much potential, it's very unfortunate. Expand
  32. Feb 26, 2014
    Love it! For an adaptation to the books, its very well written! The character are fitting to their rolls very nice now, which in the begining not so much. Wanting more! COME ON SEASON 2!!!!
  33. Feb 26, 2014
    Ok first things first, I have read the books and am a huge fan, and like every book fan we get excited to see a series we love become something on screen, but when its done right. With that being said I'm disappointed in the way the direction the tv series is headed. I'm aware that when converging something written into something on screen some changes need to be made in order for theOk first things first, I have read the books and am a huge fan, and like every book fan we get excited to see a series we love become something on screen, but when its done right. With that being said I'm disappointed in the way the direction the tv series is headed. I'm aware that when converging something written into something on screen some changes need to be made in order for the show/movie to flow better. Yet what I don't understand is why would the producers change too much of the book. The fan base of the series itself fell in love with the series because of the way the story was written so its not a big surprise that fans are going to be disappointed if the producers don't follow the books as much as possible.

Besides the fact that they are veering away from the original story, which again is very disappointing and frankly irritating, the acting or the way the characters are portrayed isn't something to be congratulated in the least. The actors them selves look the part but when it comes to actually becoming the part they fall short.

Elena's character is somewhat played decently but there is some room for improvement.

Clay's character is suppose to be more in tuned with is instincts, have disgust or little to no tolerance when it come with dealing with humans, and the way he acts with Elena is suppose to be somewhat playful.

Jeremy is Alpha for a reason, he has complete control over his wolf. He can think logically, and not let his instincts rule over his thought process. He is reserved, graceful, confident, yet powerful. In the show he lacks confidence, and leadership. Not to mention he is suppose to be the one who consuls everyone and gives them direction, not Antonio.

Anyways the point I'm attempting to get across is that the show really needs to re-evaluate the way its going. If they want to stay as close to the book as possible then they should actually do it instead of saying that they are and then just doing something completely different. They should also try to improve the way the characters are coming across. Make the actors read the series, talk to the author herself in order to comprehend the characters better. Doing that would only increase their acting skills and make the fans like them that much more.

The show could also use an improvement in the graphics, because as of now the way the wolves look and more is well laughable. Yet because It is also just the first season, I wont judge on the graphics too much.

As a HUGE fan of the book series, I'm truly disappointed in the way it is being modified, but I can only be hopeful that the producers and writers try to revamp the show.
  34. Feb 24, 2014
    The writers, directors, and producers are ruining this entire series. I can't believe that a show based on a book wouldn't actually use the books more as reference to the characters. The character's backstories, descriptions, and instincts are all wrong! Having read the entire series three times just because of the chemistry between all the characters and how their plotlines interchangeThe writers, directors, and producers are ruining this entire series. I can't believe that a show based on a book wouldn't actually use the books more as reference to the characters. The character's backstories, descriptions, and instincts are all wrong! Having read the entire series three times just because of the chemistry between all the characters and how their plotlines interchange just doesn't seem to be coming to fruition in this show. This show is killing Armstrong's work, doesn't make any sense why she wouldn't be included. Expand
  35. HLP
    Feb 14, 2014
    This is a fantastic show. It keeps me counting down till the next episode. It is the perfect fangirl experience. Warning that the acting isn't all that perfect, but you can definitely get lost in the story. I sincerely hope that it gets picked up for a second season.
  36. Feb 11, 2014
    I'm really enjoying this show. I think the acting is strong and the storyline is sticking close to the books(which I appreciate) even what changes they make are acceptable. One of the biggest draws of this show for me is there is no teen angst. It's annoying and does nothing for the story. I like that the show doesn't feel the need to have CGI heavy graphics and nonstop action. I alsoI'm really enjoying this show. I think the acting is strong and the storyline is sticking close to the books(which I appreciate) even what changes they make are acceptable. One of the biggest draws of this show for me is there is no teen angst. It's annoying and does nothing for the story. I like that the show doesn't feel the need to have CGI heavy graphics and nonstop action. I also enjoy that the show isn't trying to teach the audience a lesson or force their politics on the audience. It's just straightforward fantasy story telling. It's the escapism that you would want in a tv show. It's a nice breather from every other show that's been trying to force their cause on the audience. It's a new show so I'm sure that the cast is still coming together and there may be some small tweaks to be made but all in all it's a very enjoyable show. This is the first time in a long time that I couldn't wait for the next episode. Fingers crossed for more seasons to come! Expand
  37. Feb 10, 2014
    As someone who has avoided the Syfy channel like the plague due to their normally bad cgi and rip off shows and movies, I didn't have high hopes for this before watching. I was so, SO wrong—this program blows me away. It's my absolute favorite thing on television, and I find myself counting down the days until I can get my next fix. It follows the storyline of the books so closely thatAs someone who has avoided the Syfy channel like the plague due to their normally bad cgi and rip off shows and movies, I didn't have high hopes for this before watching. I was so, SO wrong—this program blows me away. It's my absolute favorite thing on television, and I find myself counting down the days until I can get my next fix. It follows the storyline of the books so closely that even the few changes they make are acceptable. I'm hoping and praying it gets picked up for a second season. Expand
  38. Feb 10, 2014
    For the most part I think they are doing an okay job with the show, I have some complaints as a die-hard Women of the Otherworld fan, first and most importantly they made Elena really pathetic. its like no one actually read the book for her character which is sad cause that is who the first 2 books are about. they have her hate all the killing which is not true she actually likes killingFor the most part I think they are doing an okay job with the show, I have some complaints as a die-hard Women of the Otherworld fan, first and most importantly they made Elena really pathetic. its like no one actually read the book for her character which is sad cause that is who the first 2 books are about. they have her hate all the killing which is not true she actually likes killing mutts she even plays clay for the right to do it herself i.e. chapter 7. Secondly and this probably bothers me the most Clay is SOUTHERN he is supposed to have an accent i quote a southern drawl, now i know its starting and they probably dont have a huge budget but really its just a language coach its part of his character one of the things that makes him even more different from the others in the pack, seriously i think that you need to read the books cause it doesnt seem like anyone has Men of the otherworld is a great backround for the directors and the actors so they can get the right essence. Another thing is they got Logans job wrong he is a lawyer it says so in the book just like Elena is a journalist!
    I am watching cause I feel like it is getting better but its just not up to the extreme detail of the books which I understand since Kelly Armstrong didn't get involved, its just disappointing because I want to like the show I really do but its not good enough. I think there is a standard that needs to be reached because the books are so well written and its just not there.
  39. Feb 7, 2014
    The Otherworld series of books by Kelley Armstrong is told in the first person. This provides a great deal of information to the reader. To bring these kinds of books to the screen, the writers either have to be Very Good at getting much of that self talk across without a narrator. Bitten is good, not great, largely due to the writing and dialog. Whenever a large cast is involved, it'sThe Otherworld series of books by Kelley Armstrong is told in the first person. This provides a great deal of information to the reader. To bring these kinds of books to the screen, the writers either have to be Very Good at getting much of that self talk across without a narrator. Bitten is good, not great, largely due to the writing and dialog. Whenever a large cast is involved, it's important for the audience to get to know each one sufficiently that each character is recognizable as the action unfolds. Bitten is only partially successful on that account. I would have liked to see the entire first episode unfold with Elena remaining in Toronto, perhaps with flashbacks telling the story of how she came to be and what her relationships are with Clayton and Jeremy, or a parallel story centered on Stonehaven. However, I am watching it and hoping the overall quality will improve. Expand
  40. Feb 5, 2014
    I really wanted to like this show, but in the end gave it two episodes before throwing in the towel. The good: Laura Vandervoort is fantastic as secret werewolf Elena Michaels. She's a great actress and very beautiful. The bad: Unfortunately any good acting on Ms. Vanderhoot's part gets bogged down with bad writing. Good fantasy shows pull the viewer into a complex and thoroughlyI really wanted to like this show, but in the end gave it two episodes before throwing in the towel. The good: Laura Vandervoort is fantastic as secret werewolf Elena Michaels. She's a great actress and very beautiful. The bad: Unfortunately any good acting on Ms. Vanderhoot's part gets bogged down with bad writing. Good fantasy shows pull the viewer into a complex and thoroughly captivating world. I can't help but compare Bitten to Sleepy Hollow, and in comparison Bitten feels shallow. It's hard to care about the plot or the characters because there is no character development. This show is basically the caliber of the tween Twilight-esque shows with more sex scenes. Also, the CGI of the wolves was distractingly bad in comparison with the werewolves on True Blood. All in all I rate the show a "2". There are much better shows on television, so don't waste your time. Expand
  41. Feb 4, 2014
    After a disastrous premiere episode, I'm delighted to say the show has improved steadily. The actors are doing a good job of bringing the characters to life, and it's a treat to see Elena, Clay, Jeremy and the whole pack on TV. Differences between the series and the books are not distracting me for now. The CGI however IS distracting from my enjoyment and there is far too much telling theAfter a disastrous premiere episode, I'm delighted to say the show has improved steadily. The actors are doing a good job of bringing the characters to life, and it's a treat to see Elena, Clay, Jeremy and the whole pack on TV. Differences between the series and the books are not distracting me for now. The CGI however IS distracting from my enjoyment and there is far too much telling the story rather than showing. With such a rich well of mythology to draw from, I hope the show lasts long enough to develop its potential. Expand
  42. Feb 3, 2014
    I love shows like these and when I saw the ads saying it was coming I couldn't wait...boy was I disappointed. I don't mind sex scenes when they make sense in the plot, but these are completely gratuitous...especially in the first show. The actor who plays Clay speaks as low and monotone as possible, makes for horrible acting. This show tries too hard to be something it's not. ThereI love shows like these and when I saw the ads saying it was coming I couldn't wait...boy was I disappointed. I don't mind sex scenes when they make sense in the plot, but these are completely gratuitous...especially in the first show. The actor who plays Clay speaks as low and monotone as possible, makes for horrible acting. This show tries too hard to be something it's not. There should've been more of a back story instead of choosing to bring us in where they have. The scenes with Elena and her boyfriend in Toronto do not seem sincere, and now that I think about it could be said with any scene between any actors in any scenes.
    You don't have any feelings for any of the characters and this show doesn't really try to make you like them. They do let you know that no one in the town likes them and they over dramatize this point whenever the come into contact with the townspeople. So annoying. I will try and watch this show to give it a chance, but it's so HOKEY. I don't know how much longer I can be bothered watching it.
    I know people are complaining that it's another werewolf show, but that doesn't bother me anymore than there being another cop show, those never seem to end. There's at least one new one per major network every season. I love this genre, but this show does not do anything positive for it. It doesn't really hold my attention. I'm watching it as I type this and I really don't care that I'm barely following the "plot".
    I do like to give shows a chance to find it's groove, but I'm not going to hold my breath with this one. There is just something 'off ' about this show. The idea of the show isn't bad, but the directing, script and acting are really bringing it down. :(
  43. Feb 2, 2014
    This show is so amateur and boring being human UK and USA trumps this piece of crap show, i saw the first episode and literally fell asleep watching it , though i kept watching out of curiosity and hope this show will start to pick up and get better but unfortunately i don't think it will.
  44. Jan 31, 2014
    total failure

The series is a pure disappointment. In episode 1, it's all about the love life. This is just too little for a successful series. In terms of story you have to improve a lot. Disappointing across the board are the performances of the actors and the CGI. It is to see far better in the old series. If the series at the level of the pilot episode it is sold quickly how to
    total failure

The series is a pure disappointment.
    If the series at the level of the pilot episode it is sold quickly how to "werewolf" can say.
  45. Jan 26, 2014
    I liked the first three episodes, its not the typical teen werewolf drama. The leading actress is portrayed strong and not weak, what i like. It has much potential with different story lines. As i said earlier, it is not the typical teen drama. It´s a more mature approach to the subject. Everyone should give this show a chance, because it can develop to something good.
    I must admit some
    I must admit some sex scenes were unnecessary but they were okay.
  46. Jan 20, 2014
    Though seeing Super-girl exited me, somehow this show managed to make me hate it. Starting off the makers of the movie involve a sex scene, a bold move, i imagine in their minds, but it was unnecessary, kinda vulgar and set a tradition of showing naked men every chance they get. I mean they go out of their way to get rid of straight male audience. Did i mention that they involved a clicheThough seeing Super-girl exited me, somehow this show managed to make me hate it. Starting off the makers of the movie involve a sex scene, a bold move, i imagine in their minds, but it was unnecessary, kinda vulgar and set a tradition of showing naked men every chance they get. I mean they go out of their way to get rid of straight male audience. Did i mention that they involved a cliche dream scene? to add to it Clayton starts to finger Elena...who's sex fantasy was that, it was so unnecessary, it was painful. Then there is Clayton, probably the most annoying werewolf ever put on TV, oh wait Jacob exists; second most annoying werewolf ever put on TV. His acting is "okay" at best, his character is boring and the actor easily manages to make his fighting choreography look stupid. The transformed werewolves are just plain cartoonish wolves made of bad CGI. It's bad. I can't help but feel thankful for Teen wolf's portrayal of werewolves, MTV saved our werewolves, as weird as that sounds. The whole show feels like a twillight ripoff, not as bad but still very bad. If you are looking for a love story, watch TVD or Teen wolf, both are miles better than this piece of twillight. Practically Super-girl is the only thing this show has going for it, the three points I gave are solely due to her...so beautiful. Expand
  47. Jan 19, 2014
    While the pilot lacked in some areas, I chalked that up to first episode jitters. The second episode improved greatly in many areas including acting and writing. I was particularly happy to see certain lines and scenes I remembered from the books make it into the second episode. While I wasn't convinced after the pilot, episode 2 may have sold me on this show.
  48. Jan 14, 2014
    First episode didn't manage to keep my attention all the time. If this show is like all other shows with werewolves, this is not good. I would say that it is gonna be very boring and predictable. My first impression is that CGI must be better, acting must be improved and first of all story has to be much better.

1. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Jan 13, 2014
    Bitten is mildly diverting while also being pretty goofy in spots--even for a werewolf drama.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Jan 13, 2014
    If you are curious about the show, tune into the last 10 minutes of the hour, and you’ll learn everything you need to know. Right now, Bitten is a nibble of a show.
  3. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jan 13, 2014
    Bitten seems aimed more at a mainstream audience than the hard-core werewolf/vampire crowd, which is okay. Probably smart, in fact.