1.3

Overwhelming dislike- based on 13 Ratings

1. Jun 22, 2013
    I'm still bewildered.... How could the Discovery Channel be duped into thinking this comedy represents Oil & Gas exploration in the Appalachian Basin. I wanted to see a bit of reality in a proud industry, not a National Enquirer tabloid, WAY over acted farce of a show. FAIL on; accuracy, reality, entertainment value. Total garbage and a waste of time.
  2. Jun 24, 2013
    I'd been looking forward to this show airing for quite some time. What a disappointment. If Discovery was going to so heavily script the show then hire actors. Pumping up the dramatic music is not going to save this ship.
  3. Mil
    Jun 28, 2013
    How does the Discovery channel think this is even watchable!
    Just call it male mud wrestling between Cain and Able and you have the jest of the whole show.
    This family is in deep oil muck with the troubled oldest running the company.
    Won't watch again
  4. Jun 28, 2013
    I watch a lot of reality TV but this is pure garbage. What a bunch of drama queens trying to dupe the public into believing this is somehow a successful business. With a hothead like the lead character it was necessary to invent a few characters to go with his arrogance enter the college educated brother who has no get up and go, the sister who plays the part of the dumb blonde and the mother so supposedly controls the whole operation but relinquishes control to the head drama queen. Watched two episodes and that is enough for a lifetime. Collapse
  5. Jul 2, 2013
    OMG, what is up with American Television and all of these reality shows! I can't believe this is a "series"!!! My 8 year old can direct and 'act' better than these bozos. Is Discovery this desperate?!?!? Note to self, 1. Call DirecTV and see if I can remove Discovery channel, 2. Ignore any and all reality shows, 3. Stop reading WSJ since that "critic" who scored that series with a 70 is obviously related to CJ and if I can't do any of those, 4. Get a lobotomy!" BO is embarrassing, fake and a smelly joke! (have any idea what I think of this show?) Don't waste your time, go watch the grass grow or read a book! Expand
  6. Jul 11, 2013
    I watched the show last night and was very dissappointed. There's too much organic drama over the simplest of tasks. Example: Why wasany amount of my time wasted watching the tear down of a silo on their property, just not that big of an ordeal. Then the slow moding of random scenes/activity, what's the purpose of that? The concept of the show is great, just everything in the middle needs to go including CJ. Expand
  7. Jul 7, 2013
    cutters your dad was an enbaressment to the communtiy. telling everyone you are going to go bankrupt trying to compete in the oil game. your going to go under if cj really is that stupid. i think beth wont let that happen i really do hope this is so scripted because you come across like a bunch of idiots. but your the ones laughing the whole way to the bank. we are just laughing at you.
  8. Jul 9, 2013
    I've known CJ and the kids since they were born and the personalities portrayed on the show are not that far off. I also knew the "Old Man" (Chuck) for many, many years. He is rolling over in his grave......
  9. Jul 30, 2013
    I had to create an account just to review this show. It is probably the worst thing that has ever appeared on television. Whoever is responsible for this should be shot.

1. Reviewed by: Allison Keene
    Jun 18, 2013
    Despite a tension-building soundtrack and quick jump cuts and editing, nothing can help the show rise out of its tedium.
  2. Reviewed by: Nancy DeWolf Smith
    Jun 18, 2013
    It's a straightforward story of iron determination to succeed against the odds—the options for drilling are now risky, and a failure means the loss of half a million dollars. But it is, beside that, a picture of a family, a portrait limited in its detail but dramatic nonetheless in its evidence of the tense relationship between the assured and driven CJ and his younger, college-educated brother.
  3. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jun 18, 2013
    Blood & Oil almost feels more like a “Real Housewives” rolling family fight than a microcosm of our national quest for energy independence.