• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.3

1. Dec 7, 2011
    While 1st season was just good and current ~85% score reflects well my opinion, but thanks to 2nd season this series jumps to my my TOP 2 favourite tv series (along with Breaking Bad)

fantastic plot, great GREAT acting, colorful characters. It has simply everything and i cant understand why it is rated so low - even awful TWD season 2 has a better score.

10+/10.
  2. Oct 28, 2011
    So far so good. You don't know who to root for! Everybody is great in their roles and the story rocks back and forth in character fortunes and misfortunes. Season 2 is better than 1 for now.
  3. Nov 30, 2011
    Season two of Boardwalk is rich in characters, story telling and setting. It's effortless unlike the first season which at times felt like it was dying to live up to hype season two absolutely deserves. Exquisite tv on every level period. I find each episode is worth watching twice.
  4. Oct 8, 2011
    The first season was fantastic Steve Buscemi is one of my favorite actors and he does a phenomenal role once again. This series is going to go far, too bad its only available for HBO members. I wish everyone could experience the magic that happens in this show. 10/10
  5. Nov 8, 2011
    BE started out as a fabulous saga/ongoing movie. This season has too many plots twists and turns. It has lost some of its initial greatness. Less plots & build the existing characters .( too bad you had Mrs. Schroeder in bed W/ the help and Jimmy needs to be fiercer in his role )
  6. Dec 31, 2011
    Operatic, great television

The first series promised much, the second series delivered the goods. There is no match for this on television, Mad Men included. The ensemble cast is the best (especially Michael Shannon and Steve Buscemi), the scripts continue to shock with the story unfolding at its own pace, the direction firm and consistent, and the production up to the best film
    standards. The second season rivals the the first Sopranos series - and the resolution episodes (11 and 12) were the best yet, pulling rabbits out of hats at alarming speed.

Can they do a third series anywhere near this?
  7. Apr 18, 2014
    This season of the always great Boardwalk Empire has more sex, violence, bunga-bunga and unbeliavable events, that it makes Berlusconi look like Pope Francis.
  8. Oct 13, 2011
    A start to a season which eclipses the finale to the previous one. If the ending to the last season left you feeling a bit cold then the beginning of this one will leave you begging for more, really fast paced start to this and can only bode well!
  9. Nov 16, 2011
    First-rate acting, production, writing, direction, cinematography--what else do you want in a TV drama series? As the series has progressed I especially like the representation of how the different political/ethnic/racial groups interacted during the time period (Prohibition in the US). In that regard the black character of Albert "Chalky" White is particularly well developed (and actor Michael Kenneth Williams is superb), as is the obsessive federal agent Nelson Van Alden. Yes, sometimes you have to take notes to keep all the characters and plot lines straight, but as a period drama this is another in a series by HBO that really hits the mark, like Deadwood, and another of its drama series that catches and holds one's attention week after week (as with The Sopranos, The Wire, Six Feet Under, Treme). Maybe not quite up to the highest levels of these other HBO creations, but often pretty close. Expand
  10. Nov 18, 2011
    ignore the bad reviews on here (mainly m505753a who is clearly an idiot - reviewing a program that he has never seen after disliking the first season). Broadwalk empire is fantastic and is appreciated by the masses!!!! Genuinly believe this could go on for many more series!!!!
  11. Nov 24, 2011
    I don't know, something seems "off"....

Compared with last year (season 1), this new season seems very slow paced and has thus far, not installed any memorable moments in us which is strange as this time last season, the story was going very fast at this stage. Great talent, I just don't think they're using them to the best of their abilities...it seems like a waste of money for everyone
    to continue like this.....

With only a few episodes left in this season, we need to get the story going full steam or else Boardwalk Empire may not have a long term slot on our TV's. I'll reserve judgment until the season finale.
  12. Dec 13, 2011
    Great characters with excellent actors playing them. A plot that may twist and turn a little more than it should but it keeps the story from being too predictable and therefore uninteresting. Production and settings are top notch almost mystical.
  13. Feb 4, 2014
    Puede que esta temporada para algunos no este a la altura de la primera, pero en mi punto de vista, esta temporada es genial y igual que grandiosa que la primera, eso si esta temporada la senti mas como protagonista a Darmody que a Nucky, ademas que Jimmy Darmody es y sera mi personaje preferido de la serie.
  14. Jul 20, 2014
    Season two of "Boardwalk Empire" is as fantastic as the first one (If not even better; episodes 5-8 are the most amazing stretch of episodes I've seen in any show), it is just criminally underrated by upset fans.

1. Reviewed by: Marisa Carroll
    Oct 4, 2011
    The Oedipal quagmire only enhances the political treachery.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Oct 4, 2011
    It's essential viewing. All of the promise of last season looks to be realized with impressively deft storytelling, beautiful cinematography and impeccable acting.
  3. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Oct 4, 2011
    Boardwalk Empire is doing what I wish Prohibition had done--it's tempting me to stick around for one more.