• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.5

1. Aug 19, 2010
    I've never seen anything like it, refreshingly original and brutally logical. Brilliantly cast and acted all around. It manages to stay unpredictable with absolutely no hint of jumping the shark. Just watch it.
  2. Aug 17, 2010
    Wow, can I say about this great show?

This is easily the best show on television right now, and season 3 is keeping the pace going. While Vince Gilligan and the crew did have some slower establishing episodes early on, the episode "Mas" blew the doors off the barn. Such great writing, great acting, mind-blowing cinematography, gorgeous audio and painstaking attention to detail go into every single shot. Expand

3. Aug 12, 2010
    Absolutely the best show on television. Season 3 kept me on the edge of my seat each Sunday night and kept me counting the days in between. Vince Gilligan has created a brilliant, unique show that keeps me begging for more. Can't wait until season 4...
  4. Oct 15, 2010
    Just keeps getting better as the seasons go on, not many shows can manage that. Tonally it's like No Country for Old Men was turned into a TV show. Not saying anything that hasn't been said before but why can't more shows be shot this well?
  5. Dec 24, 2010
    All I can say is this - Half Measures' final scene.

For me, this is the scene that wraps up the entire show. This is why Season 4 of Breaking Bad is the only thing that is keeping me alive.
  6. Nov 9, 2012
    Bracing, urgent, and, at time, even funny. Cranston and Paul are still perfect and play off each other better than any current TV team.
  7. Dec 1, 2012
    It doesn't get any better than this. Best season by far. The twins were absolutely amazing. The main characters were developed. It was a treat to watch Walt. Gus was awesome in the calm manner in which he deals with things. And what an ending to the season!
  8. Dec 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is by far the best tv show on at the moment. nothing comes close. the only reason i give it a 9 is because i only give 10s for the best thing ive seen. (wait till you get to season 4 and 5). i would give it a 9.5 if i could. the acting is still amazing, proven by the emmy wins for cranston and paul for best actor and best supporting actor respectively. the addition of gus fring makes this season even better than the last two. the season finale 'full measure' is simply awesome, especially the scene where gale is shot by jesse, one of the most emotional scenes on television. the show is brilliantly told and the character development of ww is simply mind-blowing. Expand
  9. Sep 11, 2010
    This show has really gotten serious in a flash, making the show **** more awesome than Brian Cranston's first career, on Malcolm in the Middle. Excitement leaving you on your seat, anticipation that can keep you on the couch long enough waiting for the next episode, and humor that makes you laugh your ass off. I would recommend this TV show to someone who loves cliff- hangers, violence, the chemistry of meth, and hilarious characters, with a absolutely perfect storyline. Can't wait for season four!! Expand
  10. Jan 2, 2012
    This season, has the most deaths compared to the first two. You see some pretty amazing things. There is a lot of good dialogue. Walter get's very dark here, but he is still himself. A great and lengthy season to an unstoppable show!
  11. Apr 12, 2011
    Few shows get stronger with each passing season. A true testament to the strength of the writers and cast. With every new episode they introduce some new plot twist or a character trait that never fails to surprise. Kudos to AMC.
  12. Sep 29, 2011
    How the **** do they continue to better themselves? The only thing that could be worthy of juxtaposition with this would be The Wire. **** all the other TV shows. Breaking Bad is the greatest goddamned show on.
  13. Jan 10, 2014
    Overall season 3 runs triumphant. The show verges on the edge of perfection as emotions run high and lies slowly find some daylight, if a bit muddled. The cast turns superb performances and, with the exception of a slower episode or two, proves to be the best Breaking Bad season so far. This show is on a huge upswing at this point.
  14. Nov 3, 2010
    This season might have had a few slow episodes but it remained high quality and the ending, what an ending. How cruel for them to leave us hanging like that. Season 4 cannot come soon enough.
  15. Mar 24, 2011
    I can't decide which show is better... This one or "Mad Men." They are both basically perfect. There is not much I need to say about the show except for WATCH IT. You will not be disappointed. A brutally human and emotional show. Does anyone else wonder what happened to that guy Walt killed in the first season? Can't wait to find out.
  16. Nov 10, 2010
    Stage a marathon watching if you haven't caught this gem yet. Best show on TV, the best ever produced imho. Season 1 was pretty good, season 2 uneven but good overall, season 3 breathtaking. I'm still counting the days until season 4 premiers. Aaron Paul earned his Emmy!!! I wish I could shake his hand and give him a thank you hug/kiss. I love the writers and directors, they are brilliant.
  17. Jul 20, 2011
    This shows plot flows like the storyline of an enticing book. Not quickly as to miss something, but not slow as to become boring. It's slow, methodical plot is barely seen in any form of media. Its delivery is perfect, and its season finale will have you grasping for more.
  18. Jan 13, 2011
    Breaking Bad is what great television should be. It doesn't give you the simple satisfaction of conflict and resolution packaged into an episode like so many other television shows do. It is produced as a artistic masterpiece with with each episode being a brushstroke of complex and compelling storyline all amassing to that final episode where everything comes together and you get the magnificent payoff of all of the long hours you have put into the show. Many would be put off by the slow start that each season has, laying the foundation for the series finale, but if one puts in the time it, similar to The Wire gives one of the most rewarding payoffs i have received from a television show. Expand
  19. Jan 19, 2011
    Wow, this show just keeps getting better. Dexter now has a rival for my favorite tv show , Breaking Bad is that good. Mad Men is so boring and overrated that Breaking Bad never really interested me that much, but i downloaded the pilot on itunes and subsequently went out and got the dvds. I watched all 3 seasons in like 2 weeks and can't wait for season 4
  20. Mar 2, 2011
    If there was ever a series that deserved a full 10, this would be it! The script is sharp, the acting is top notch and the story is engaging. I am blown away with how good every single actor in this series is. Clever, fun and moving.
  21. Apr 22, 2011
    I'm not ready to call this the greatest television show ever created, but that's only because it's only been three seasons (and the strike shortened 1st season isn't as good as the 2nd and 3rd). But Season Three included one of the top 5 gun fights ever filmed (from 'One Minute'). That includes movies and television. That scene - and two others (from 'Half Measures' and 'Full Measure' - were three of the most suspenseful scenes ever to appear on television. I hate to quote AMC's self-congratulatory commercials, but this show is changing the way television is filmed. The days of 3 cameras (or a single camera) are quickly coming to an end. The production values and cinematography of this show are better than anything else on television - including shows with budgets that far exceed the fairly heft $3 million per episode that AMC shells out for Breaking Bad.

The only thing negative that I can say about this show is that it will probably only last 5 or 6 seasons. The ratings are fine, but it seems unlikely that this story can continue credibly for more than that many seasons. Then again - I thought they'd written themselves into a corner after Season 2, but they escaped brilliantly.

If you don't watch this show because it's "too odd" or "too depressing", then I guess "Criminal Minds" might be more up your alley. Stay safe. Wouldn't want a "drama" to make you feel something! That would be tragic!
  22. Jul 21, 2011
    I just reviewed season 1 and 2 because I discovered this great series later than most. And I will say what I have said twice before. This is the greatest show on tv, period. This season, specifically, is even better than it's previous seasons. I just can't believe how they can keep making this masterpiece of a television series. A movie cannot bring you the feeling you get when you watch this show. There are 33 episodes after season 3's end. each episode is 45 minutes. That is hours of character development, intense scenes, breathtaking action and suspense, and fantastic cinematography. This show is the greatest entertainment I have ever scene. No other movie or show has made me so excited when something crazy happens in the show. No other source of media has made me feel hopeless for a character as much as Breaking Bad. This is one of the best forms of entertainment, period. This show deserves the awards and deserves the praise it has received. In my opinion, this is the best season yet. The episode "One Minute" is hands down my favorite episode in the entire series. I can never explain how much I enjoy this show. I say that if you haven't seen this show yet, do it ASAP! It's a masterpiece. Brilliance. Expand
  23. May 24, 2013
    Anyone thinking of watching this will already know what Breaking Bad is about so I will just say that while the first two seasons were absolutely fantastic this third season is the best yet.

Everything from the writing to the directing to the acting continues to be spot on and a host of truly unexpected scenes will keep you on the edge of your seat. If you only watch one show this year
    make sure it is Breaking Bad. Expand
  24. Jun 29, 2011
    The pain on Jesse's face when the door opened at the end of this season's finale will always haunt me. As emotional and heartbreaking as virtually anything ive come across in my trek across the TV landscape. The true manifestation of Walters's creation, since he had first laid eyes on that pile of money whilst watching the news during his birthday celebrations back in season one, was there in all its horrific and tragic repugnancy. The fact that it came literally five seconds after what could arguably be described as the coolest 'high five' moment of the show to date, just represents what a masterclass Breaking Bad really is. Season 3 is raw, it's nasty, it's dark, and it's terrifying. Laughs are still there, and aplenty (Saul's 'Kevin Costner' chat up line springs immediately to mind)... but there is no turning back for our two beloved protagonists now. Lines have been crossed, lives have been changed, and people's very souls have been stained forever. The best show on TV keeps getting better, all while the competition sits in its shadow tirelessly trying to figure out how to dethrone a juggernaut of immeasurable proportions. Ten days ago I hadn't seen one single episode of Breaking Bad, and was of the opinion that 'Mad Men' was TV's current finest hour. Ten days later have I changed my opinion? You bet ya a*s I have... yo! Expand
  25. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made.
  26. Aug 23, 2011
    I agree with metacritic when they give it a 10 out 10.
    I never thought they could of made the show better than season 2, seeing how damn well amazing season 2 was. This season like most of the breaking bad begins off GREAT! There's a small jump in time,
    and begins off with A LOT of guilt, that Jessie and Walt both feel on their shoulders.
    The season like all the others is great throughout
    and builds up to extreme heights and continues to picks up at the end of the season with intense action. Breaking bad is like meth for television viewers.
    I've never seen a bad episode of Breaking Bad.
    The Intro's are original and meaningful and always related, as you will find out later in the season.
  27. Sep 5, 2011
    The most intense and nerve fraying show currently on TV. A great season filled with plenty of surprise twists and turns. The strength of this show is it's storytelling and it's fantastic actors. Both are on full display in season 3
  28. Jul 11, 2012
    This is where the show goes through the roof, the season that MADE this show. Just when you think it couldn't get any crazier or unpredictable without seeming impossible, the 3rd season delivers a more shocking story than the 1st two combined.
  29. Dec 20, 2011
    Just keeps getting better and better. The show is great this season and the addition of Gus finally gives the show an amazing villian that makes you want to watch it even more. Cranston still is the heart of the show though and his performance once again is untouchable.
  30. Jun 8, 2014
    Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When people ask me to recommend good TV, they never seem to have heard about it. Yup, Breaking Bad is that series.
  2. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    The bleakness is a little relentless for my taste, but you have to marvel at the series' dark vision. Odenkirk is working with the best of the best, and he knows it.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Breaking Bad has, in short, everything you could want from an hour-long show: suspense, laughs, danger, and poignance.