• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.5

1. Oct 20, 2011
    This season was mind blowing. It's slow at the beginning, but which season isn't? The ending is so amazing, but somewhat predictable. But that's ok! For once, you get what you expect! Amazing season, amazing show and amazing televison.
  2. Aug 18, 2011
    tense , expertly written , brilliant cast , stunning locations , if you have not seen this , watch now , best drama EVER , the only criticism i have is that its only 60mins long
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    Brilliant show. The writing on this is the best I have ever seen, and nothing in this genre comes close. Amazing casting with fantastic performances from the entire cast. The suspense is crippling at times and the show leaves you breathless on many occasions. It is hard to tackle this subject material without being corny, pretentious, or dull but they execute flawlessly. Cranston has taken a character and made it his own to the point you forget him being Malcom's dad. Its dark, gritty, but also has moments of real comedic genius. The way the show is shot reminds me a lot of the early work of Sam Mendes and they do so on a much smaller budget. I tell everyone to watch this show because it is some of the best work ever to be on television. Expand
  4. Jul 17, 2011
    A brilliant episode to showcase the return of one of the best dramas that have ever surfaced in t.v. history. You're on the edge of your seat the entire time wondering what's gonna happen next and when that one scene happens, whether you were expecting it or not, your mouth will be on the floor. A powerful showcase from Cranston and the other cast, but Paul really shines in this episode despite not speaking a word for 75% of the episode. It's definitely the best premiere to a show, ever. Expand
  5. Nov 2, 2011
    I don't get the love for this show. Yeah, it's well made and well acted, but everything about it is forced and not really edge-of-seat dramatic for me.
  6. Nov 14, 2011
    Its the best reviewed season for a reason. This season is amazing from start to finish. We watch Gus devolve from a calm buisness man to a cold hearted killer, The writing is still great, and the acting is suprisingly even better (I thought it was perfect to begin with). I love it.
  7. Jul 18, 2011
    Marvelous show. Excellent writing. Equally great acting. The story is always hinged on reality and such intense human drama that you cannot help but remain fascinated even when things are either anti-climactic or unresolved. As are many instances of life itself. The 4th season premiere was long overdue and culminated with a brutal display of blood spilling out to illustrate the inevitable brutality of those who are outside the usual playing field. Those who believe that the universe is indifferent and that absolution is the key to survival. The only downside is that the pause between last season's closer and season 4's premiere may have subdued some of the drama that lingered on and it would be wise to see them back to back.... And Amc's ultra loud bang boom presentation of its show makes you feel as though you're about to watch the super bowl. Expand
  8. Jul 17, 2011
    Great premier, i'm very excited to see the next episode and the rest of the season. If your thinking about watching Breaking Bad don't hesitate, it's stupendous. Best show on television!!
  9. Jul 18, 2011
    After (literally) a full year's wait and aching suspension, this premiere was obviously going to be under a lot of scrutiny and it didn't fail in terms of revelations. It was however, slightly predictable - which isn't usually the case with BB - and drawn out in places which is fairly disappointing.
    The episode appears to have laid out its key plots for the season, all of which look set to
    stun and as always the episode's cliffhanger was impeccable. Expand
  10. Oct 11, 2011
    I was very much impressed and entertained by/with the plot, excellent writing, acting, etc., etc., etc., with the first 3 seasons; however, I'm very disappointed in the poor "lame-ass" writing, lame plots, and desperate (over) acting, etc., etc., in Season 4! I guess "success" can be a liability! Or, maybe it was time restraints and the pressure to maintain the previous successes of seasons 1, 2, & 3! But still, with this disappointment, I'm pulling for a come-back to the excellence (writing, plot, acting, etc.) of previous seasons, and looking forward to season 5! After all, Mike is alive and hopefully well, maybe he can show some "Machiavellian" pragmatism; and, he, Walt, Jesse, and Saul can come to a friendly, favorable, and profitable consensus, and pull things back together and create an "All-American" Cartel!!! Food for thought?! (Writers and Producers!). Expand
  11. Jul 17, 2011
    AWESOME season four opener tonite!! Looks like this season will continue the suspense, drama, and brilliance of the first 3 seasons. Gus was especially chilling in tonite's episode. Bravo!
  12. Jul 18, 2011
    Sorry guys, but count me out. Looks like nothing left of first two seasons. :((((
    It's still deep, still promising, but looks like they should have stopped at the right time. Another brilliant idea sinks in channel-needs-ratings swamp.
  13. Oct 5, 2011
    I finally bought into all the hype and starting watching breaking bad on Netflix..... best decision I've ever made. This show has everything. It's dark, funny, and engaging.
  14. Jul 21, 2011
    Strong as ever, Breaking Bad returns for its fourth season. The premiere once again delivered prove that you will have a hard time finding a show that has lighting, score and cinematography as beautiful as this. The writing is still meticulous and anything but shallow. And Bryan Cranston might have just won himself another Emmy. Absolutely astonishing what he can do with an expression on his face alone.

Needless to say, this looks to be another great season.
  15. Aug 8, 2011
    This show is one of the best creations in television history. But I wonder why you don't include the reviews from New York Magazine in the 'Critc Reviews' - they're very good, and you include NY Mag movie reviews in the 'Movies' section!
  16. Aug 25, 2011
    Best show on Tv right now. This show is really amazing and has incredible writing and brilliant actors. As the seasons progress all of the actors continue to grow and step their game up to the level of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul. It's to the point now where you never see any of them acting, they are the characters they play. The writer's keep you constantly guessing too on what is going to happen next, and every time I think I know what's coming up, I'm wrong. It's not only the writing and actors that make this show great though, it's everything else as well. The cinematography is exceptional and the landscape and silhouette shots are breath-taking. The music and sound effects are also very good. Subtle, yet abrasive when they need to be with very good use of the less is more theory. I also really like the fact that this year they writers and producers are delving into the world of the meth users more and how scary and unpredictable that world is. I didn't think that there was enough of that in the first 3 seasons, so I'm glad that they are showing the meth game from all points of view; the producers and dealers , the police, and the users.

Breaking Bad and The Wire are my two favorite drama's of all-time. I definitely recommend checking both of them out if you can stomach the graphic scenes and the harsh realities of the drug game.
  17. Oct 1, 2011
    I tried to keep my review until the end of the season, but from what I've seen so far, the season is perfect. absolutely flawless. It's actually scary how well this TV show is made that it makes me fear for Walter and his family. Extremely powerful show with flawless writing, acting, and directing.
  18. Sep 29, 2011
    Its back on track again. I thought the third season was beginning to lose its way but it has gotten back its edge in this season. Excellent tense scenes. Best show around.
  19. Oct 8, 2011
    This season is amazing, Breaking Bad is getting better season after season while other series go the opposite. I'm longing for the last episode of S4 !
  20. Sep 5, 2011
    Great season. Especially the premier and the 8th episode "hermanos." i have a sneaky suspicion that we are all in for a treat with the last 5 episodes.
  21. Dec 17, 2011
    Seasons 1,2,& 3 were brilliant, but Season 4 is poor. It is overcooked, the whole thing is melodramatic. The writers have lost their mojo. The "formula" (forgive the pun) for the success of the earlier seasons was tossed out as they have gone for mainstream methodology. Sadly, it's an inferior batch this time ... by far. Pull your socks up .. I wont watch more than one or two more episodes in S5 and if the same crap as this season gets doled out ... then that's it for me. Expand
  22. Oct 4, 2011
    The writers of this show are incredible. Just when you think you can predict something will happen or have a theory, the writers will tease you and then do something you didn't see coming at all. It's just amazing how this show improves every season and goes to increasing levels. Season 1 you thought this would be another Weeds + Dexter type show (main character with an alter ego/living a double life). But by season 4, it has evolved into an emotionally gripping show that looks into human morality and the consequences of our actions, sprinkled over a captivating rags to riches drug business storyline. I can never say enough about the acting. It's like a competition between the actors as they try to top each other every episode. Collapse
  23. Oct 5, 2011
    Breaking Bad Season 4 gets a full 10 out of 10, but that doesn't really do it justice. This might be the best season of television ever. Not an exaggeration, it is just that good. The writers' patience and interest in pacing might be the most striking part of the whole series, and what really sets it apart. There is no need to rush from plot point to plot point, the focus instead is on the characters' reactions to even the most mundane moments in life as they respond to the jarring things that have happened to them. This is a dark show that deals with trauma in a very measured, realistic, and believable way. Unlike a show like 24 (not hating, just an example), a character shoots somebody and then spends half of a season slowly coming to grips with they have done. Breaking Bad brings television to whole new level, which is not something that many shows can actually say. Expand
  24. Oct 8, 2011
    Breaking Bad season 4 has not only been the best season of Breaking Bad so far, but one of the best seasons of any TV show to have aired on TV. Breaking Bad keeps its viewers on the edge of their seat throughout the whole season, leaving us wondering who will die in this episode, or what will happen next. Breaking Bad manages to do what most TV shows fail to do: ongoing drama, unexpected twists and turns -- and most importantly, keeping it very realistic throughout the ongoing drama and not becoming too ridiculous. Expand
  25. Nov 8, 2011
    I hate 'Breaking Bad'. I really do.
    Because I can't pull myself away from it. Each and every episode is strong on it's own, but when looked from the perspective of the series, it gets even better.

Definately the best series out there right now.
  26. Dec 16, 2011
    the best breaking bad season and possibly the best season of any show ever. the acting and writing are genius. the drama is so intense and acting so perfect that even a uncultured Spartacus fan could enjoy it.
  27. Oct 8, 2011
    this show is just brilliant. everything is looking realistic, writers doing a helluva job and the acting is fabulous. it is probably for me gusto, the best contemporary show on the planet. it's sad tho that the show has to end after the 5th season.
  28. Oct 9, 2011
    This season for me has been absolute perfection in TV drama - one of the best series of any show I've ever seen, I would not change a thing. Every episode is well paced and leaves you on the edge of your seat. It's also still fresh and unpredictable. Very satisfying season!
  29. Jul 28, 2011
    by far the best acted, and best written television show that you will get. Even after two seasons, Breaking Bad keeps me hooked episode to episode.
  30. Jul 22, 2011
    What an outstanding show this is! No other show out there can instantly mesmerize you from the very first scene. The first episode starts off perfectly, answering a few questions from the end of the last season and ending with a real bang. "Box Cutter" ends very violently to say the least (you are warned, if you are squeamish), but it provides great character development. Jesse and Walt have changed soooo much throughout this show. Best show on television! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Aug 1, 2011
    The visual style pours as much emotional juice into the boiling, moody brew that Gilligan cooks up as his actors' searing performances do.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Holcomb
    Jul 20, 2011
    This is one of the rarest finds on television: a show where cast and character are so perfectly matched by a creator who understands exactly what journey he wants take his audience on.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jul 18, 2011
    None of these twists are for the faint of heart, which is why Breaking Bad is a smart, thought-provoking TV show that elevates the artistic achievements of the medium.