• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.7

1. Mar 30, 2015
    Each episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show withEach episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show with their extraordinary performances. This season is a fitting conclusion to the series. It ties up all loose ends imaginable and confirms Breaking Bad as the greatest television show of all time. Expand
  2. Mar 29, 2015
    Wow look at these scores, both critic and user. I don't disagree. It's just a testament to how great this show is/was. As soon as I saw that first episode I knew I'd like this show. And as the story unfolded I was drawn in even more. Each character was carefully drawn, and each actor was perfectly cast. Walt was most certainly an anti-hero. You quietly cheered for him, even though heWow look at these scores, both critic and user. I don't disagree. It's just a testament to how great this show is/was. As soon as I saw that first episode I knew I'd like this show. And as the story unfolded I was drawn in even more. Each character was carefully drawn, and each actor was perfectly cast. Walt was most certainly an anti-hero. You quietly cheered for him, even though he committed the most despicable acts of violence.

We are in a Golden Age of TV, and Breaking Bad is up there at the top with quality writing, acting, and production.
  3. Mar 28, 2015
    Although I didn't buy Walter's resolution with Uncle Jack and his crew- nor the ease with which he got to Skylar at the end- I enjoyed this season more than the rest.
    The suspense generated with each episode lends itself to eager binge watching. Several very clever twists and plot devices.
    This show is often fanatically spoken of by its fans along with The Wire as the best ever yet the main difference between the two is clearly their final season,
  4. Mar 28, 2015
    Indisputably: The best series of all time .
  5. Mar 27, 2015
    I have just finished the last episode, and while I'm writing I feel that remained melancholy for having concluded one of the best adventures ever.
    Simply the best tv show ever!!
  6. Mar 23, 2015
    Hooked. Absolutely hooked. One of the best shows I've ever watched, and one of the best ever made. It will be years and years before another show comes even close to what Vince Gilligan and other achieved here
  7. Mar 10, 2015
    Walter White: "I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really...I was alive".

This is one of the greatest finales ever made to TV, I mean Breaking Bad and Dexter ended at the same time and Dexter finale was rubbish, but Breaking Bad knows how to end a brilliant show. Am a bit sad that the fact is they is no more Breaking Bad episodes and the thing that hurts me to say the show has ended, but am happy with the finale and how it ended.

Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn and rest of the cast did a flawless in this episode and the whole seasons.

Heisenberg will live on, in are hearts and souls
  8. Mar 1, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 5 of Breaking Bad was one of the best seasons of any show I've ever seen. The intricate parts, the movements, the acting, the backdrop, the story, the tension. It all builds into a remarkable finale that you'll never forget. X-FIles veteran Vince Gilligan creates a symphony of television masterwork, and it is one hell of a ride.

I really enjoyed how they showed Hank putting all the pieces together. He cannot remain blissfully in the dark anymore, and after the end of Part 1. As a viewer, you can really feel the epiphany going off in his head in the Bathroom Scene. The scene where Hank confronts Walt about knowing he is Heisenberg is so tense, its almost difficult to watch, you feel the wrath of both sides as they escalate the encounter to drawing blood. As things escalate, Hank makes it personal and this is his own downfall.

As things further escalate in Part 2 everyone starts showing their true colors. Hank hides his findings from the DEA. Skylar tries to convince Walt to kill Jessie. Jessie betrays Walt by working with Hank and Gomez's investigation (after realizing Walt was the one who poisoned Brock). Todd makes a power-play, Everyone except Walt and Saul show drastic changes in character. They all display negative character traits that they did not possess at the start of the show (or maybe they never knew they were capable of). The only ones who are trying to do the right thing is Walt and Saul. Walt has complete 180'd in light of his crumbling empire. Perhaps due to desperation. Everyone is trying to do the wrong thing, while Walt is trying to make things right. And that leads me to my final points.

To'hajiilee and Ozymandias. One of the greatest two-episode arcs I've ever seen. Its almost indescribable how intense these two episodes are. The analogy of Ozymandias and the symbolism of the crumbling empire, resonate in a way that makes it almost difficult to watch. Knowing that Hank won't walk away, Walt comes to his climax as a character. He 180s and is willing to give up everything he's worked for to save his brother-in-law, a stark contrast to the ruthless "Heisenberg." So Walt has orchestrated a scenario where "doing the right thing" is really doing more damage than it would if he had just been ruthless in the first place. More people get hurt because of his semi-change-of-heart than would have if he'd been the level-headed heavy-handed "Heisenberg" that build the empire. His humanism seals his downfall.

In the finale, Felina, Walt goes out on his own terms. Knowing that escape is improbable (and even as he tries to leave, he cannot leave his affairs unfinished). He puts an end to everything he's created, coerces his old colleagues at Grey Matter Industries to make sure his family gets his blood money, and reconciles with Jessie by giving him an opportunity for vindication.

I love how this season brought out the evil in the "good" characters, and the "good" out of the "evil" characters. It shows the true scope of what something like this would really do to the people involved. It isn't just pointless character drama, it serves a purpose and drafts a moral-convolution that only a Clint Eastwood western would rival. Walter wasn't the evil one in the end, he was the one who tried to undo everything. It was everyone else who because of either their lack-of-faith in Walt or newly-found hatred of Walt all suffer the consequences of their actions. The moral-convolution creates an environment where its difficult to decipher who exactly has the moral high ground, and who is the true villain.

Breaking Bad brings a new meaning to the phrase "doing the right thing for the wrong reasons" or "doing the wrong thing for the right reasons." Everyone is capable of evil, and even the most tyrannical are capable of compassion.
  9. Jan 28, 2015
    There are people who love this show and people who hate it, but for no apparent reason, everybody knows its the best of the past 10 years if not of all time. People will be discussing the resons of this greatness for a very long time. I am not a lover or a hater, im just a TV fan and i know that heisenberg's story is the best ever told. And that's the bottom line WHAT? Cause Walter White said so.
  10. Dec 16, 2014
    It's a beautifully fitting ending, to an extremely powerful show. The final season of Breaking Bad is at the pinnacle of TV drama, 5 seasons of growth in the characters and the story blows up in one legendary episode, 'Ozymandias', and it is sensationally gripping. I admire Vince Gilligan for not allowing the show to drag on and on just for the sake of it. The ending feels neither abruptIt's a beautifully fitting ending, to an extremely powerful show. The final season of Breaking Bad is at the pinnacle of TV drama, 5 seasons of growth in the characters and the story blows up in one legendary episode, 'Ozymandias', and it is sensationally gripping. I admire Vince Gilligan for not allowing the show to drag on and on just for the sake of it. The ending feels neither abrupt nor prolonged. The show has ended on a very respectable high. It has set new benchmarks for TV drama with it's original and captivating story, it's developed and engrossing characters and cinematography that really cannot be found anywhere else. Walter White's journey has gotten better as it's gone on. That inconsistency is only a small problem though, within a big success story. Many will mourn the loss of Vince Gilligan's marvellous creation, because it has brought hours of entertainment to the lives of many. Breaking Bad is a brilliant show. It is beautifully original, fiercely climatic and concluded perfectly. I tip my hat to Breaking Bad. Expand
  11. Dec 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was no doubt the best thing that I have ever seen in the 21st century. the first episodes pacing was quite slow and relaxed and I felt like it was going to be another rehashed season like season 4.. but it really did pick up. I was astonished by how every characters arc was paid off.. beside Jesse.. I think it would've been better to have killed him off.. eh.. anyway the conclusion to hank, walt and his family was satisfying, it was planned out so well and I absolutely love the show. This is without a doubt the best season I have ever seen.. maybe even the best show I have ever watched.. 10/10 Expand
  12. Dec 12, 2014
    Breaking Bad is just like the meth equivalent of Weeds, except more dramatic, more serious, and oh yeah, the main character (Bryan Cranston) is not a fine MILF. With that being said, the show is still amazing. It is well-written, well-acted, and will have you on the edge of your seat most of the time.
  13. Oct 15, 2014
    It doesn't rely on past success with this final season. It brings tons of new and tense scenarios and concludes everything on a satisfying and rather heartbreaking note. Something is always happening, and the pace never lets up. The first half of the season makes us scared of what Walt's become, while the second-half wraps up the series with emotion filled moments.

It's tense, dark,

It's tense, dark, emotional, and all around completely satisfying. This final season is the best of them all, and some of the best television ever. Believe the hype and get ready for a final season that is an absolute masterpiece.
  14. Oct 14, 2014
    Wow, just wow! One of the best series I've ever seen. I was feeling down during the last episodes but at the end my hands just raised upon themselves and clapped. This show deserves a 10.
  15. Oct 13, 2014
    Firstly I saw the BB commercials, and I must say I didn't like it from very the beginning and almost didn't pass trough season 1. But then, something changed, it went better, and better and, well, later this TV show achieved his own Nirvana. Season 5 is the opus dei, something I could never forget and probably the best thing that came out of a TV...ever.
  16. Oct 7, 2014
    One of the greatest shows of all time leaves with a bang. Season five is a perfect example on how to end up a masterpiece. Breaking bad is a spectacular show and i think everyone should watch it.
  17. Sep 30, 2014
    Итак, досмотрев финальный сезон, без всяких преувиличений я заявляю: "Во все тяжкие - лучшее, что я видел по телевидению на данный момент." BrBa - это настоящий пример для подражания. А Брайан Крэнстон - по-настоящему гениальный актер! Этот сериал застрял у меня в памяти и вспоминая его, у меня до сих пор пробегает холодок по спине. Это гениально!Итак, досмотрев финальный сезон, без всяких преувиличений я заявляю: "Во все тяжкие - лучшее, что я видел по телевидению на данный момент." BrBa - это настоящий пример для подражания. А Брайан Крэнстон - по-настоящему гениальный актер! Этот сериал застрял у меня в памяти и вспоминая его, у меня до сих пор пробегает холодок по спине. Это гениально!
  18. Sep 25, 2014
    A Masterpiece TV Show, only this, if you didn't watch, watch it, whatever if you like comedy, drama, action, horror or romance, Breaking Bad is not only a must watch Drama TV Show, but a must watch TV Show in general, totally amazing stroy, amazing story telling, acting, chronology and cast, perfect.
  19. Sep 19, 2014
    A truly fantastic television programme. A complete and essential masterpiece of modern television. Never have I watched a drama with such depth, such intelligence, such consideration for the world it constructs. Each episode leaves you wanting more. There are so many ideas that are presented to the viewer, of which you can explore as much as you want.

The characters extend beyond a

The characters extend beyond a script and a set. There personalities seem to reflect sin, honour, loyalty, pride, death - what is right and what is wrong. I cannot praise this show enough. Truly, truly breathtaking.
  20. Aug 26, 2014
    you know how its going to end, you can tell by the buildups, the change in the character.. but in the end, when the ending comes up, you still get the pang of pain, when one of your favorite character gets what he deserve... good series indeed. and will still linger in my head for awhile
  21. Aug 24, 2014
    The best season of the best show ever made. I was told prior to watching Breaking Bad that the seasons increase in quality as the show progresses. At the end of season 4, I didn't believe the show could possibly get any better, but I was proven wrong by the absolute mastery that is season 5 of Breaking Bad. I could go on all day about how good this show and season are, but the truth is, ifThe best season of the best show ever made. I was told prior to watching Breaking Bad that the seasons increase in quality as the show progresses. At the end of season 4, I didn't believe the show could possibly get any better, but I was proven wrong by the absolute mastery that is season 5 of Breaking Bad. I could go on all day about how good this show and season are, but the truth is, if you haven't seen it, you need to watch it, and if you have, you already know how incredible it really is. Expand
  22. Aug 17, 2014
  23. Aug 10, 2014
    This has been one of my favorite TV shows of all time. It's one of those shows were you need to dive into it, watch all the episodes and don't miss a single bit of it. It's truly go down as one of the best dramas on TV. So sad its finished but "All bad things must come to an end"
  24. Jul 27, 2014
    Breaking Bad is quite possibly the greatest show ever and this final season is a testament of that. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul give two of the greatest performances in television history, the writing is as good as it gets. As the show draws towards it's end it's a roller-coaster ride filled with dark twists and turns, One is left wondering what will be the fate of Walter White?
  25. Jul 20, 2014
    This particular season of, what seems to be the greatest TV drama of all time, is especially mind bending because of its top-notch cast and writing. Breaking Bad season 5 I would give 5 out of 5 stars. The entire Part 1 of the season deserved every single Emmy it got, and I would say that part 2, deserves even more.
  26. Jul 14, 2014
    Before the 5th season, I was in doubt about if this was one of the greatest TV shows of all time, when I saw the ending... the doubt disappeared. Drama, comedy, tension, perfect writing, very well music selecting and exemplary performance; all this is Breaking Bad.

Congratulations to all Breaking Bad team for creating this masterpiece!
  27. Jul 10, 2014
    Siempre hay un cierto temor a que la última temporada de una serie vaya a ser un buen cierre. Y mas si se trata de una serie como Breaking Bad. Pero la quinta temporada superó las expectativas. Fue mucho mejor que la 3 y la 4 y sentí algo mas parecido a cuando veía las dos primeras.
    A partir del capítulo 12 de esta, la serie ofrece un tramo final sobresaliente. Me encantó el penúltimo episodio. El último también fue genial. Lo único malo es que terminó la serie. Sin duda, la echaré de menos. Grandiosa serie.
  28. Jul 10, 2014
    The Best TV Show EVER. We've been watching Breaking Bad along five seasons of this amazing story following the Walter's drama from teacher to become a meth cook/drug dealer.
  29. Jul 8, 2014
    Breaking Bad Season 5 is simply the best thing that has ever happened on television, if not on any media.
    The most epic cliffhangers, the best acting and the most incredible twists I have ever seen. I seriously doubt there will ever be anything even remotely comparable to this.
    The rating here says it all, basically everybody agrees that this is perfection ! As Anthony Hopkins wrote to
    As Anthony Hopkins wrote to Bryan Cranston, after having binge watched the show:

"I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!
    [...]
    Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening **** in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

[...]
    Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor."
  30. Jul 2, 2014
    By far the best t.v show ever made, all of the seasons are impossibly perfect. Its the only t.v show that i consider to be better than any game. 10000000000/10

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]