• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.7

1. Aug 22, 2012
    After four seasons, Breaking Bad continues the gripping story, unique direction all brought to life with flawless acting. How does the fifth season remain as good as the first? I have no idea --- but the luster remains. Easily one of the best dramas on television and worthy of your time.
  2. Aug 22, 2012
    Having been turned on the the show earlier this summer, I quickly breezed through seasons 1-4 and caught up to 5 just in time to watch the premiere. All I can say is, "WOW." Each season gets better and better, with the current being the swan song. The train episode was fantastic and kept me on the end of my seat while the rest are almost as enjoyable. I have never stumbled upon a seriesHaving been turned on the the show earlier this summer, I quickly breezed through seasons 1-4 and caught up to 5 just in time to watch the premiere. All I can say is, "WOW." Each season gets better and better, with the current being the swan song. The train episode was fantastic and kept me on the end of my seat while the rest are almost as enjoyable. I have never stumbled upon a series with as much dramatic and suspenseful depth and Breaking Bad is Vince Gilligan's ace in the hole. Expand
  3. Aug 27, 2012
    I'm not sure how to put this into words, but Breaking Bad has become somewhat of an obsession of mine since I caught the 1st episode on Blu-ray several months ago. Every episode builds on the last and becomes more and more and MORE intense...something I haven't encountered in awhile. It's on par with 'LOST', 'Six Feet Under', and some of the best series television has ever aired. This isI'm not sure how to put this into words, but Breaking Bad has become somewhat of an obsession of mine since I caught the 1st episode on Blu-ray several months ago. Every episode builds on the last and becomes more and more and MORE intense...something I haven't encountered in awhile. It's on par with 'LOST', 'Six Feet Under', and some of the best series television has ever aired. This is truly benchmark TV against which all others should be judged. The acting, the cinematography, the writing, all about as close to perfect as TV gets. Thank you Breaking Bad for making my rising cable bill actually worth it. Expand
  4. Sep 2, 2012
    OUTSTANDING Series... Great Acting and Captivating Storytelling~!!! Too bad it's slated to end. Cinematography is top-notch and greatly adds to the overall experience of breaking bad.
  5. Sep 4, 2012
    The best parts of The Sopranos and Macbeth fused and brought to TV. Tight dialogue, excellent cinematography, perfectly paced, awesome soundtrack... what more could one ask for?
  6. Sep 4, 2012
    Never before has Breaking Bad made me as nervous, angry, sad, terrified, and overjoyed all at the same time. The acting, the writing, and the directing are the best on television. My only complaint is that it's ending.
  7. Sep 19, 2012
    Every episode is superbly written, and it ends with a big surprise every week. The directing, the acting, and the script all come together to make a masterpiece. I haven't gone an episode without being hooked into the show. When the commercials start, I count the seconds until the break ends. This is by far the best season of Breaking Bad!
  8. Sep 13, 2012
    IV read some reviews that are saying that bn season 5 isn't living up to the previous seasons. In my opinion I think that now that gus fring is dead and walt has in his own words ' won'. The show has become even more of a must watch now , more than ever. Now w.w is the king , he's loving the power that he undeniably has got. When he says to declan in I think ep 6 to say my name , was IIV read some reviews that are saying that bn season 5 isn't living up to the previous seasons. In my opinion I think that now that gus fring is dead and walt has in his own words ' won'. The show has become even more of a must watch now , more than ever. Now w.w is the king , he's loving the power that he undeniably has got. When he says to declan in I think ep 6 to say my name , was I think one of the best scenes in the entire shows history. The whole cooking in tented houses , the excellent methlamyne heist and the final scene of ep 8. Are pure class. I'm not at all impressed with how long we've got to wait to see the last 8 eps. Talk about keepin the viewer on tenterhooks. It's bad enough hiatus's in shows lasting about a month. But 12 months is a real pain in the arse. But to finish. My point is that if viewing figures are down by around 20%. They can't have been much of a bb fan in the first place. Cos with tv programmes of this class. I doubt it could even be improved upon. It's a masterclass in everything from the storylines , the script , the casting. , directing and definitely the acting. It's easily the best programme on tv. And iv had to have every episode of every season off the net. Cos it aint shown in the uk. Which is a joke , and an awful lot of British viewers are missing out big time. On one of the all time best tv programmes ever produced. Expand
  9. Oct 1, 2012
    As opposed to what the other reviewers say, this show is not the pinnacle of modern storytelling. It does nothing new, makes no improvements from the stellar season 4, yet these reviewers give out 100's like corn seed sample. As far as the first part of the season goes, it is still populated with the annoying characters of old. Skyler, Mike, all these characters that can't even compare toAs opposed to what the other reviewers say, this show is not the pinnacle of modern storytelling. It does nothing new, makes no improvements from the stellar season 4, yet these reviewers give out 100's like corn seed sample. As far as the first part of the season goes, it is still populated with the annoying characters of old. Skyler, Mike, all these characters that can't even compare to anyone in The Sopranos or The Wire. This show serves only as a transition for anyone who wants to watch TV with the grown-ups on HBO. The aforementioned Sopranos, Wire, and shows like Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, and Treme. Breaking Bad is a good show, but it has long outlived its welcome, and this first half of the season seemed completely unnecessary. It's a commercial success, talk show hosts can't shut up about it (watch any episode of Kimmel). However, once you've had the best, okay just doesn't appeal. I'll finish watching the show, as I've been a viewer from the start, but I can guarantee that it will not compare to any HBO show of old. Breaking Bad is not a classic, it's simply a fun action story. It's no Pulp Fiction, it's Inception. It provides some good ideas, but, ultimately, what ends up remaining in the viewer's head at the end of the day are the images, the cool thing that happened at the climax of the episode. It's not art, it's just a fun book. Expand
  10. Sep 19, 2012
    Unsurprisingly, another world class season of television from Vince and the crew. It remains 'Breaking Bad' all over, as the writing and direction toys with its new found freedom - a freedom spawning some refreshingly open and quirky creative vibes. On the other side of the spectrum, we have the acting, with its superiority simply being implied under the name of the show.

The missing

The missing fifteen percent here, however, can be accounted for as the result of a seemingly forced seasonal transition. Although the first couple of episodes were great within themselves, they seemed somewhat misplaced in the midst of the series as a whole. In particular, the 'create and resolve' stretch and predictability of the first episode's antics was a moment I caught myself with skeptically squinted eyes. However, Breaking Bad was (of course) back into the swing of things before I could even finish my sandwich. In summary, this is one of few shows worth your time. Thank you, Vince!
  11. Oct 13, 2013
    A masterpiece. Brilliant, suspenseful, and full of plot twists. You witness slow decline of a docile chemistry teacher into a powerful and feared drug lord. In ten years this will still be remembered as one of TV's greatest accomplishments. You have not experienced true televised art until you have watched Breaking Bad.
  12. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. بول).
    بدأ 20 2008 AMC، 29 2013.[1][2][3][4][5]
  13. Sep 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season arguably has some of the best episodes to be aired in the Breaking Bad series: the use of magnets on the police evidence storage, the train heist, the fallout from Gus' death, the attempts by both Mike and Jessie to sell off their interests; all these (and more) should keep you at the edge of your seat.

There is a slight problem, however, depending on how you look at it. Vince Gilligan seems to be determined to show that drug dealing is inherently evil. Walt hasn't just "broken bad" in terms of breaking the law; he is a villain-protagonist as of season 5. Could Walt have always been like this? Could the affable, mild-mannered, conscientious teacher, father and husband have been evil the whole time? Perhaps, but it seems mighty convenient to suit the moralistic position of the writers. Less forgiveable than character changes (which Skylar also, thankfully, has gone through), are holes in the writing. The greatest sin is the "Brock poisoning" plot a ridiculous, impossible feat pulled off by Walt in Season 4 that was ultimately inconsequential. Whilst one may have been willing to forget about it entirely, the ramifications of it become crucial in Season 5 which is just plain trying as a viewer.

Overall though, good fun, and nice set pieces. Just don't expect to get emotionally involved particularly with favourites such as Mike (who behaves uncharacteristically incautiously in his ultimate scene). It will be no surprise if Walt gets his comeuppance in the end but this is due to the Gilligan's overweening morality rather than logical design.
  14. Oct 2, 2012
    An easy 10! One of the greatest series ever! especially this season was amazing. It had it all, imagination, action, power, great strategic mover, excellent direction, insightful psychological view on characters. I strongly recommend everyone to watch it!
  15. Oct 3, 2012
    It would sound reactionary to go so far as to say that Breaking Bad is the greatest show of all time, or even the greatest I've ever seen. I won't go so far as to give it the former title for the simple reason that I haven't seen a lot of the great, highly regarded shows out there, old and new. I will, however, give it the distinction of being the greatest show I have ever had theIt would sound reactionary to go so far as to say that Breaking Bad is the greatest show of all time, or even the greatest I've ever seen. I won't go so far as to give it the former title for the simple reason that I haven't seen a lot of the great, highly regarded shows out there, old and new. I will, however, give it the distinction of being the greatest show I have ever had the pleasure of watching. The writing is spectacular, and the acting even moreso. The subject matter, while morbid and disturbing, is incredibly fascinating and makes for the best drama I've ever seen on a television program. Every actor, every writer, every person involved in making this brilliant show have been at the top of their game since the first episode, and more impressive still they've managed to constantly outdo themselves with each new season, as the show draws towards its, in all likelihood, thrilling and awful conclusion. If you haven't watched this show yet, steer clear of the current season 5. However you must, go to season 1 and start there, at the beginning of this wild ride and let it take you in its clutches and thrill you with each and every episode. Expand
  16. Oct 6, 2012
    what a season... televison reached new heights this year wid d eight season of BB... bryan cranston was once again fantastic. the first 4 mins killed it for me..amazing to say the least. the acting, suspense, the plot all indicates Breaking Bad is still the at its best, where other tv shows have fallen flat right at the end, breaking bad is not one of them.
  17. rah
    Oct 15, 2012
    Breaking Bad is still the greatest show in my opinion. It's plot, characters, and acting far surpass anything on contemporary television. Each season is fantastic, and this one is no exception. What stands out the most though, is watching the series come to fruition. We can see the converging story lines about to collide, and the manner in which this is done has left the viewer speechless.Breaking Bad is still the greatest show in my opinion. It's plot, characters, and acting far surpass anything on contemporary television. Each season is fantastic, and this one is no exception. What stands out the most though, is watching the series come to fruition. We can see the converging story lines about to collide, and the manner in which this is done has left the viewer speechless. I highly recommend watching this exceptional season and this outstanding television series. Breaking Bad is definitely the best show on modern television. Expand
  18. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BB started out as an interesting, well acted, well written show. My question after each season was, "can you to this?" I am astounded and floored that this series came to a splendid end, and a finale that packaged everything up nicely. Every episode builds momentum, never a dull moment, and thoroughly entertaining especially if you have a brain. Our characters have come a long way, Jessie Pinkman in particular. To the first scene in the first episode to the pull back shot of the Dying Walter White (Heisenberg as his drug cartel name) is masterfully directed. A- Expand
  19. Jan 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really liked season 5, but not as much as season 4. I'll start with the positives. The writing was mostly superb, the acting consistently so. I won't go into much detail, as it has probably already been done so, but I do have to voice my views of Skyler, who gets a LOT of hatred that many times is clearly misogynistic. The Skyler story arc in season 5 has been exceptional and I deeply, deeply sympathise with her.

Anyway, so why not a 10? A few reasons.

For one, some arcs didn't seem to go anywhere. The strongest example of this is the kid getting shot. Almost nothing happened from it. It felt cheap and just for the thrills. Walt is possibly becoming a bit too one-dimensional. This season lacked the edge-of-your-seat tension of seasons past; the train heist felt forced, but not very tense. Finally, the cliffhanger, in all honesty, was a tad pathetic. It was obvious Hank would find out, so obvious in fact that I was expecting it to happen a week earlier to give way to a real cliffhanger. It didn't. Then I thought he might find out in the last 20-minutes, to have one of the exceptional breaking bad-style cliffhangers that we had in the past ("run", jesse shooting Gale, Walt turning insane, etc). Instead we got it right at the end. It feels like we've only had a build-up so far, which of course is, true, but I count what we had as season 5 and what we'll get as season 6, and what we had in season 5 was an extremely strong opener to what will be an even stronger conclusion that we just haven't gotten yet.
  20. Oct 29, 2012
    Oh.My.God. I love how Breaking Bad just gets better from episode to episode and season to season! The first half of the fifth season is absolutely outstanding in every way.. there is nothing to say about the acting because Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul lead the series like it's the last thing they are going to do on earth. The best series and the best season ever filmed! Amazing..
    Yeah
    Yeah **** Magnets!
  21. Oct 27, 2012
    I haven't been quite as impressed with Season 5 as I was with the other Seasons yet but it should kick into high gear when it returns next summer. I wasnt big on following TV shows until this one and The Walking Dead. AMC's shows are something special!! Hope they end this one right!
  22. Aug 12, 2013
    Breaking Bad is and will remain the best drama series of the last decade. Writing, acting, direction... The show of Vince Gilligan has truly everything you could want. The best way to watch it is to steer clear of spoilers, sit-back, and enjoy it, just as it deserves to be enjoyed.
  23. Nov 1, 2012
    Talk about captivating the imagination, and presenting science (chemistry in this series) as a more interesting subject to the people. I enjoyed the story telling, easy to watch and it was fantastic.
  24. Nov 3, 2012
    Always amazing, my favorite show on television. The writing is consistently solid, developing interesting characters, and always keeping the situation heart-poundingly tense. The acting is always impressive, the cinematography always visually interesting, the music always fitting. My biggest complaint is that I have to wait until next summer for the rest.
  25. Dec 4, 2012
    Well acted, well written and well paced. BB season 5 maintains Vince Gilligans positive track record. Breaking bad is no doubt one of the best paced dramas out there.
  26. Jan 4, 2014
    Fim magnífico de uma das melhores séries já feita
  27. Jun 2, 2014
    This is the greatest show of all time. Period. There are fantastic shows like Dexter and The Sopranos which amaze you for the most part, but lose ideas and focus sometimes, whilst losing the viewers attention.
    With Breaking Bad, there was not a single episode that didn't fascinate me. From the unusually moving cinematography displayed throughout, to the multiple-Emmy-award winning performances from the stars of the show; from the action packed, heart stopping thrills to the intense character studies, this show has it all. If you've heard of Breaking Bad and haven't watched it, I'm not sure what you're doing. If these reviews are the first you're reading about this ground-breaking show, sign up to NetFlix right now and start the series!
  28. Apr 18, 2014
    Brilliant. Just brilliant. I could sit here all day going into detail about all of the things that make Breaking Bad untouchable, but some things are simply so damn good that you'd rather just remain silent and smile about them in your own mind. It's not just heart-pounding intensity and an addictive, intriguing sequence of events, but also profoundly evocative emotional depth and honestBrilliant. Just brilliant. I could sit here all day going into detail about all of the things that make Breaking Bad untouchable, but some things are simply so damn good that you'd rather just remain silent and smile about them in your own mind. It's not just heart-pounding intensity and an addictive, intriguing sequence of events, but also profoundly evocative emotional depth and honest sentiments on the human condition that make this series such an impacting experience. The acting, the directing, the writing, the pacing (dear God the impeccable PACING!)...all damn near perfect. Bryan Cranston is beyond captivating and his performance is so frickin' great that you can watch scenes over and over again, already knowing what happens, and still find yourself enjoying them immensely just by virtue of his presence. The Walter White story truly plays out like a Shakespearean tragedy. It's more than just cool. It's operatic. And it stays with you for a long time. Probably the only television show to date that I would call a masterpiece. Just brilliant. Expand
  29. Nov 20, 2012
    Great show, it is very fast and the acting is great. Every season gets better and better. Cranston and Paul's performances are unbelievably good. Best show on television, Better than the sopranos and the wire in my opinion
  30. Apr 20, 2013
    Perfect TV show. The acting is amazing, as well as the deep plot and audio. I can't say anything more but WATCH IT! Recommended!
  31. Oct 28, 2013
    If there WOULD be a reason to buy a tv, it's to watch Breaking Bad. The last season is a perfect ending for a show that has been building gradually to a certain end, like Mr. White. Our baby blue is gone, but we'll love her forever.
  32. Nov 24, 2012
    One of the best shows created thus far. Some may feel it's a bit slow, but you have to understand the show is incredibly detailed. Any of the big mind-blowing, can't believe they just did that, Jesus Christ I need to call someone and talk about this stuff is all done in single strides, and are only dished out a little at a time. The suspense is built, it's not constant like in an episodeOne of the best shows created thus far. Some may feel it's a bit slow, but you have to understand the show is incredibly detailed. Any of the big mind-blowing, can't believe they just did that, Jesus Christ I need to call someone and talk about this stuff is all done in single strides, and are only dished out a little at a time. The suspense is built, it's not constant like in an episode of Homeland. It's also very cause and effect based. That being said, if season 5 seems a bit slow now, you'll see what all this building meant when the final episodes come around. Then, you'll appreciate the time it took to set up what came to happen. Expand
  33. Nov 25, 2012
    HANDS DOWN the best show on television. Season 5 stands to up the ante more than any one prior, with fantastic twists, incredibly tense moments, more great standout music to fit the scenes properly, and acting that can't be beat. I personally came out of season 4 saying that there was no way to top the amazing conclusion to one of the greatest television seasons ever, but they have seemedHANDS DOWN the best show on television. Season 5 stands to up the ante more than any one prior, with fantastic twists, incredibly tense moments, more great standout music to fit the scenes properly, and acting that can't be beat. I personally came out of season 4 saying that there was no way to top the amazing conclusion to one of the greatest television seasons ever, but they have seemed to manage just that. Without giving too much away, relationships are tested, characters die, new bonds form, and more meth is cooked (WHOOPS! SPOILERS!!). I think it should be a crime to not watch this show, maybe equal to cooking meth with the intent to distribute. If you are reading this, and do not watch Breaking Bad already, do yourself and AMC a service, and buy the show's four seasons and catch up on this Goliath of a program. Expand
  34. Sep 28, 2013
    boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner
  35. Nov 29, 2012
    In season 5 the show stays true to its "keep-them-guessing" format. Walt is coming to grips with his decisions and has fully accepted the consequences of his decisions and this is mirrored in his behavior. He is more comfortable with who he has become and is sure in what he must do to earn his new drug lord title. The series continues to get more intense as it reaches its culmination. TheIn season 5 the show stays true to its "keep-them-guessing" format. Walt is coming to grips with his decisions and has fully accepted the consequences of his decisions and this is mirrored in his behavior. He is more comfortable with who he has become and is sure in what he must do to earn his new drug lord title. The series continues to get more intense as it reaches its culmination. The writer's uncanny ability to keep the viewer highly invested in this thrilling adventure never ceases to amaze. 5 Thumbs way up! Expand
  36. Sep 30, 2013
    This season went in a completely different direction. Without the villains that started to line up one after the other, for revenge or for various other reasons, Walt was allowed some breathing space. His character was explored independent of his interactions with any primary antagonists. He himself becomes the main villain in a way, which I thought was done pretty decently by the show'sThis season went in a completely different direction. Without the villains that started to line up one after the other, for revenge or for various other reasons, Walt was allowed some breathing space. His character was explored independent of his interactions with any primary antagonists. He himself becomes the main villain in a way, which I thought was done pretty decently by the show's creative team. The first half of the season was a fast-paced, tightly plotted set-up for the second half. The second half doesn't relent for a moment, for there is not a moment to lose as the end of the season is fast approaching. Various story lines are tied up. Jesse goes berserk. Hank closes in on Heisenberg. And Walt shows his cunning time and again to get out of tight spots. I couldn't have hoped for a better last season. This is what happens when the control over a lucrative series is still in control of the creator and not the executives. If they had made some more seasons, the story would have stretched beyond reason and the charm lost. Expand
  37. Dec 4, 2012
    Absolutely unreal how they are able to improve this show with every successive season. While the first episode or two might start out a bit slow, episodes 3-8 are OUT OF THIS WORLD. Can't wait for the final 8 episodes next summer!
  38. Dec 12, 2012
    I cannot believe the run, but it has been a hell of one. Thank you everyone on the show. I cannot wait for the season premiere, yet I am scared of it because I think I know what will happen... Also, it is ending; so, that is really depressing when I think about it because this show has provided me with entertainment beyond my wildest dreams. The acting in this show is just unbelievable. IfI cannot believe the run, but it has been a hell of one. Thank you everyone on the show. I cannot wait for the season premiere, yet I am scared of it because I think I know what will happen... Also, it is ending; so, that is really depressing when I think about it because this show has provided me with entertainment beyond my wildest dreams. The acting in this show is just unbelievable. If you have seen Walt in season 1 and Walt in season 5, you will notice the HUGE change. This is all believable by one of the best actors I have ever had the privilege to watch on TV. Honestly, maybe the best actor ever. Also, you must recognize Aron Paul for his amazing portrayal of Jesse. Actually, anyone in the show is a great actor. Some great actors have come onto this show and left a huge imprint on it. You must watch this show, if you are reading this. This show is even better than my favorite movies combined: The Godfather 1 and Part 2 in that order. I give it this title because The Godfathers lasted 6 hours accumulative, but Breaking Bad provides around 50 hours of non-stop, high quality, entertainment. Thank you Vince Gilligan. Expand
  39. Sep 30, 2013
    There is nothing better than to see such a great season, a final season, to masterfully wrap up the ending of one of the greatest stories ever told. After the finale of season 4 the entire crew of the production has learned a lot, and is very noticed throughout the series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Michelle Maclaren, Vince Gilligan, everyone has pushed the bar even higher in the aspectsThere is nothing better than to see such a great season, a final season, to masterfully wrap up the ending of one of the greatest stories ever told. After the finale of season 4 the entire crew of the production has learned a lot, and is very noticed throughout the series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Michelle Maclaren, Vince Gilligan, everyone has pushed the bar even higher in the aspects of quality, bringing their best on the series finale.

The direction and the writing never felt so cohesive and beautifully done, and in terms of acting, each and every actor has reached the top os their performances, extracting the best out of the great story tha Vince has to tell. In the end, with the best working with the best, nothing else there is to expect than the perfect and completely orchestrated work of art that the TV shows have to offer
  40. Dec 23, 2012
    There are two types of people in the world: Those who love Breaking Bad, and those who have never seen it.

Although I am sad that the brilliant show is coming to an end, I feel it is for the best. Breaking Bad is a masterpiece, and if they tried to drag it out until the ratings disappeared, it would be ruining everything it's been so far. Season 5 is acting as a wrap-up to the rest of the season, bringing the story of each character to an end while maintaining the legendary writing, acting, and cinematography it is famous for. I, like most people, am extremely excited for the second half of this closing season, and the opening to the first episode of the season proves that Season 5's ending is going to once again blow everybody's mind. Vince Gilligan manages to leave viewers speechless at the end of every single episode, so you can only imagine what he will be able to do with the end of a franchise. The bottom line is that Breaking Bad is a show that will go down in history.
  41. Oct 31, 2013
    This is perfection in television. With threads from all the way back in Season 1 coming in to play in an epic ending that will give even the greatest TV shows in history a reason to be ashamed, Vince Gilligan and his cast have created what is, for good reason, the best final season to the best TV show of all time. Period.
  42. Aug 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The progression throughout Breaking bad is amazing! Season 1: you sympathize him; he's man with cancer doing something bad for the right reasons-anyone would do the same. But then in season 2 he begins to become greedy: his avarice empowers him, which is particularly highlighted when he lets Jane die, 'till finally the symbolic plain crash is caused. Then, even with this greedy nature of Walt's, we still sympathize him in season's 3 and 4 since he is being forced, and he is now an "anti-hero" we enjoy watching a complicated bad guy. But now season 5 is the most complicated season of all: Walt's a villain!!! He's killed gus and is Heisenberg. As he strives for his empire every other character is destroyed and become miserable, and then right when he repairs the situation Hank, who has been traumatized by all his experiences that were caused by Walt, has his realization. Never in my life have I seen a better array of complex, sophisticated characters. Expand
  43. Jan 12, 2013
    Not my favorite of the breaking bad seasons but still excellent none the less. Great acting, good story, etc... This show has been consistently excellent from the beginning.
  44. Sep 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Over five years, Breaking Bad has indeed become the single greatest television show in creation.

Just for a second, forget all aspects but one. Forget the dark, risky premise. Forget the affecting, mesmerizing performances. Forget the gritty, cinematic, oddly hallucinatory way that the show is shot. Forget the ingenious writing. Besides all of these, what makes Breaking Bad surpass the likes of The Wire, The Sopranos, and all of the other shows with which it's constantly mentioned in the same sentence?

Shortly put: its ability to shock, amaze, and affect.

From the very beginning, Breaking Bad has taken audience expectations and trounced them with a gleeful cruelty, taking a run-down schmuck and turning him into a cold-hearted bad-ass and showing unflinchingly how this transformation has ruined the lives of countless people.

It's not enough to show that, however. Even with shows like The Wire or The Sopranos, you could sometimes predict where the action would go. With Breaking Bad, your expectations are constantly built up and trounced. You prepare yourself for the emotional roller coaster by trying to convince yourself that this show can't possibly get away with doing what you think is going to happen, and it doesn't: it does something ten times worse, and your emotions are affected ten times as much; and you love every single second of it.

To see Walter White go from "Mr. Chips to Scarface" is fascinating to watch because from the first episode we are sympathetic to the character. Over the show's run, Walt has become completely reprehensible, lying to others and himself with no apparent qualms, and the audience still roots for him at some level. Vince Gilligan reportedly cast Bryan Cranston based on his performance as a somewhat sympathetic anti-Semite in the X-Files episode, "Drive," saying that only Cranston can make a completely disgusting human being sympathetic. Mr. Gilligan, when you're right, boy are you ever right...

Aaron Paul, relatively unknown at the beginning of the series, has proved himself a master of his craft. At the beginning of the series, Jesse Pinkman is an irritating, unintelligent sleaze whom you're sure will die within episodes. Over the last five seasons, completely against anyone's expectations, Jesse has become the one truly sympathetic character in the entire show. He has slowly become aware of his own intelligence and ingenuity, and his futile attempts to save lives is constantly heart-breaking. Aaron Paul, like Bryan Cranston, has never made a misstep in portraying his character's evolution.

I only have 5000 characters, so sadly I won't be able to go into the countless supporting roles that make this show even better than it would've been otherwise. Anna Gunn's put-upon, long-suffering Skyler White; Dean Norris's more-than-able DEA agent brimming with machismo; Jonathan Banks's dead-eyed, honor-bound former cop; Giancarlo Esposito's machine-like drug kingpin.... the list just goes on and on. The supporting characters are a collective who's-who of well-developed cogs in the machine that is Breaking Bad.

It's hard to believe that this show was made into what it became, in part, by a writer's strike. Originally, Jesse was to be killed near the end of the first season and Walt's descent into evil was much faster. The writer's strike of 2007-08 forced Gilligan and the other writers to reconsider, helping to change this show from a dark drama to a compelling human epic. We become more invested in the story of Walt's decent because he is sympathetic for a longer period of time, and the relationship between Walt and Jesse has become the heart of the show. Vince Gilligan and his team of true geniuses prove that television can be written like the greatest of the great plays or films. I haven't even scratched the surface regarding the symbolism, the color-coding, and the recurring motifs within the series.

I've barely scratched the surface of what makes this show the greatest in television history. I've hardly said anything that hasn't been said before.

What else can I say except that to know what everyone is raving about, you need to experience it for yourself. And it IS an experience. The likes of which probably won't be met for quite some time.
  45. Jan 26, 2013
    Having watched the first half of Breaking Bad season 5, I can honestly say its my favorite season so far in this series. Every single episode delivers. The character progression for Walt, Jesse, and Mike are perfect, and this is the only season that has really pulled at my heartstrings. Best show on TV. Bring on the second half!
  46. Jan 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Small Spoilers!
    Walt and Jesse is back! You will not be disappointed, The series was amazing in season 1, and it just keeps getting better and better! More awesome and exciting for every episode, and the script in this season, AHHH, it's so good! The acting performances are also spotless, the development of all the characters are so interesting, and since the actors are doing such a great job, that I wasn't thinking about that it was a tv-show. 10/10 no doubt!
  47. Feb 6, 2013
    I try to dismiss the idea of a show that keeps getting better and better, one that continues to be hailed as one of the greatest shows of all time. However, after the incredible 13 hours of television I witnessed in the year 2011 called 'Breaking Bad: season 4', I simply had to put this at the top of the list. Then 2012 came, I sat on my couch and eagerly awaiting the first episode ofI try to dismiss the idea of a show that keeps getting better and better, one that continues to be hailed as one of the greatest shows of all time. However, after the incredible 13 hours of television I witnessed in the year 2011 called 'Breaking Bad: season 4', I simply had to put this at the top of the list. Then 2012 came, I sat on my couch and eagerly awaiting the first episode of season 5. Three months passed, and I was left with the final episode of 2012. After those three months, I told myself: 'This is the greatest season of television ever to be produced.' I try incredibly hard to avoid calling something the best but gosh darn, this show did it. Even without standout actor Giancarlo Esposito in his groundbreaking role as Gustavo Fring, this show managed to top its 2011 counterpart. In the pilot of Breaking Bad, we hear Walter give his class a quick summary of what chemistry is. growth, decay then transformation!" he says. Well, in season 5, we witnessed that transformation. Every other television show on the planet, current and past needs to hold their hands up in a surrendering fashion and say "Dear Breaking Bad, we give up. Sincerely, the rest of television" Expand
  48. Nov 10, 2013
    Breaking Bad... what can I say about this piece of art ?And what about the characters? Walter White, Heisenberg, Pinkman, Hank, Skyler? Everyone of them are so well written, and the real actors? I have nothing to say about them, they are amazing! I'm glad I saw this series, and the way it ended was perfect.
  49. Sep 29, 2013
    You will never find a show as interesting as Breaking Bad. The character development throughout the series is just amazing. The actors and writing were phenomenal. It is sad seeing this show finish and I can say without a doubt that the was the best TV series I have ever watched. Breaking Bad takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotion, action, and morale dilemma. If you don't watchYou will never find a show as interesting as Breaking Bad. The character development throughout the series is just amazing. The actors and writing were phenomenal. It is sad seeing this show finish and I can say without a doubt that the was the best TV series I have ever watched. Breaking Bad takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotion, action, and morale dilemma. If you don't watch this show, you are truly missing out! Expand
  50. Oct 28, 2013
    THE END. I will desperately miss you my friend. BREAKING BAD HAS ENDED. This season was one of the best seasons out of this show in a whole. This show ended with such a good bang that it was amazing to just watch and cry. THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE. EVERR MADE IN HISTORY. Breaking Bad may have ended on AMC but not in my heart. LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH BROS. REALLY NOT KIDDING. Vince Gilligan isTHE END. I will desperately miss you my friend. BREAKING BAD HAS ENDED. This season was one of the best seasons out of this show in a whole. This show ended with such a good bang that it was amazing to just watch and cry. THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE. EVERR MADE IN HISTORY. Breaking Bad may have ended on AMC but not in my heart. LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH BROS. REALLY NOT KIDDING. Vince Gilligan is GOD to me for this creation. Bryan Cranston is the best tv show actors ever. Aaron Paul, love ya man. Bye. Bye. Expand
  51. Nov 8, 2013
    Breaking Bad is for the 21st century what Mozart is for the 18th century. What Van Gogh is for the 19th. This is what the human species has best to offer. It belongs in a museum.. This is the TV Series that acquitted humans for all the genocides of the past centuries. Perfection/10
  52. Mar 6, 2013
    Superb acting. Immersing story. Awesome Direction.
    "The metamorphosis of Walter White from a High School chemistry teacher to a drug kingpin"
    This is one of the best TV shows ever made in history. The development of the plot after the end of Season 4 is commendable. It keeps you wanting for more. The end of the Half season just blows you away.
  53. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Through the many seasons of Breaking Bad there have been some heart pumping moments, also times when you thought something bad was about to happen. However in Season 5 all of these feelings and moments are repeated time and time again keeping the viewer constantly in excitement. There was a moment in the first part of season 5 when Walt and the gang succeed robbing a train. They are happy and laughing and the viewer starts to feel excited as well. Then a kid shows up and everything just stops, Todd then shoots the kid leaving the viewer in a sort of "oh god" sort of feel. However nothing else in Season 5 will compare to the episode To'hajiilee where the fate of Hank starts to come into play. At the end of the episode my Breathing was getting louder and my thoughts were all mixed up "Can they really do this? What is happening?" then the moment Hank is killed all of my feelings just died. I felt what Walt was feeling, he just lost a person so very close to him and it was all his fault. As for the finale which people seem to be mixed about, I personally was glad with the way the show ended. It had the perfect closure that also left speculation and interpretation open to the audience. Such as "I wonder what happened to Jessie" and people begin to have their own opinions as to what happened during and after the finale. I believe that Walt was going to just go in guns blazing against Jack and his gang, that was until he saw his old partner in a terrible state, Walt believed he needed another chance after all he wasn't the one making the meth because he wanted, he was being held captive, a prisoner to the brutal red-neck gang. So in his darkest hour Walt had a brief moment when the old chemistry teacher came back to save his old partner. The Character of Walt/Heisenberg in the season is great to watch as you see him have a new look towards meth making. He is on top, he is the king of meth, he is the great Heisenberg. This was my favourite season of the show and I thank Vince Gilligan for the best TV I have ever seen. Expand
  54. Oct 2, 2013
    Easily in my top 3 shows of all time and it maybe the best written show. Season 5 just continues the greatness from the previous seasons. Vince Gilligan I bow before you.
  55. Nov 12, 2013
    E foi aqui, em sua quinta e última temporada que Breaking Bad se tornou a melhor série de TV que eu já vi em toda minha vida. Cada episódio uma "season finale".
  56. Feb 26, 2014
    The best TV series that has ever been made.

No seriously... the BEST TV series that has EVER been made. The first episode is slow, but after that, just wow!
  57. Nov 9, 2013
    There is no other show like Breaking Bad in existence, like its protagonist, it should and will be remembered as time goes on, a true exemplar of realised potential.

A genuine piece of modern art, the Citizen Kane of our time.
  58. Apr 1, 2013
    Breaking Bad season 5 is a perfectly orchestrated lesson in tension and overwhelming dread.As the series nears it's end,one can't help to feel that on any frame everything can and will fall apart.Walter White after the murder or Gus Fring decides to go back into cooking the purest Crystal Meth available in the U.S. This season is Walt's rise to power before his inevitable fall.This isBreaking Bad season 5 is a perfectly orchestrated lesson in tension and overwhelming dread.As the series nears it's end,one can't help to feel that on any frame everything can and will fall apart.Walter White after the murder or Gus Fring decides to go back into cooking the purest Crystal Meth available in the U.S. This season is Walt's rise to power before his inevitable fall.This is must-watch Television.Great acting,writing,cinematography throughout.Breaking Bad is the best TV show on right now,and these episodes gaurantee it's place as one of the Greatest TV shows ever constructed if not the absolute best.If you like dark,well written,excellently acted TV like The Wire,The Sopranos,Game of Thrones,Check out Breaking Bad.TV at it's absolute best. Expand
  59. Jun 24, 2014
    The best drama on TV ever ends. It had a great ending with one of the best episodes and series finale ever created. The show was just awesome. Sadly it's over.
  60. Oct 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best season of Breaking Bad, the season finale was the most epic sh** i've ever seen, too bad Walter had to die, but we all saw it coming. and "Baby Blue" by Badfinger fit perfectly to the ending.

Goodbye Breaking Bad.
  61. Apr 8, 2013
    Started watching this show about a month ago, watched season 1 and I was instantly hooked, 2 weeks later I've finished the first half of season five. By far the best show to ever air on TV. The cliffhanger at the end was fantastic and I can not wait for July.
  62. Apr 8, 2013
    There are quite a few shows out there which are extremely well done. The Wire, Sherlock...just some examples.

Then there is Breaking Bad. It's in a class of its own. I have never seen such a captivating series. The art, the acting performance, the scripting. This show sits on the throne above everything. Sure, some people don't like it due to the setting and topic and that's

Sure, some people don't like it due to the setting and topic and that's perfectly fine. But objectively, this is one master piece without any equal.
  63. Oct 3, 2013
    Simply the greatest thing to ever come on a TV. Hands down. An absolutely amazing achievement in entertainment. Well done Breaking Bad, you will be missed.
  64. Apr 25, 2013
    The best series of the last few years, no doubt. Excellently directed, acted, written and all that you want. I'm counting the seconds, waiting the last episodes.
  65. Apr 27, 2013
    This is one of those shows that continues to get better every season and never fails to leave you speechless. This season is by far the best of the series and one of the best in the history of all tv shows. Looking forward to August to see how it will all end.
  66. Oct 8, 2013
    Br Ba definitely one of the greatest tv shows ever made. Bryan Cranston's acting is spectacular and Aaron Paul has matured as an actor over the seasons. This is probably the best acting one would ever see on television. The series finale also is said to be the best finale ever.
  67. Sep 18, 2013
    It's quite an amazing show; there's not too much else to say about it. While the scores of critics and users being 99/100 and. 9.6/10, respectively, may be slightly high for a show even like this in my opinion (however, this may be due to all the possible ratings being a bit limited), it's not to say that this show doesn't deserve all the awards that it has gotten.
    There aren't many
    There aren't many episodes left, but the intense drama of the main parts of the plot, the incredible acting by lead actor Bryan Cranston, as well as the harsh and indulging events of the show earn this at least a 9 from me.
  68. Oct 13, 2013
    I perfect finale to a perfect show! This last season takes it all, as it contains the best episode's of any show I've ever seen in it. This is the season where we finally get to see the destruction of Walter White. I couldn't be happier with the result of the show. Although, I wonder whatever happened to Huel.
  69. May 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After watching this season for the third time, I'm still on the edge of my seat. This season you see more Walter White than in Season 4, I feel, rather than Heisenberg. To give up cooking for good, Walter must be returning, and Heisenberg is on his way. Like every season, it's beautifully shot, choreographed, scripted, acted, edited.. It's a shame to leave the last episode on a cliffhanger, but it's something to look forward to in Season 6. (Yes, Season 6. R.J Mitte (Walter Jr.) told a Redditor to call it as it is. Season 6.) Expand
  70. Feb 17, 2014
    Having been a great fan of the series, I was slightly disappointed by the fifth series. First of all, I was hoping that Gus death would somehow solve Walt problems and enable him to wrap up his business. Unfortunately, Walt's delusion of being a big bad boss carries him too far and entangle him in even bigger trouble he had with Gus.
    Then I was really disappointed with the development of
    Then I was really disappointed with the development of the Jesse situation. I didn't buy into this rather dumb character turned into somebody standing on higher moral ground and disgusted by the money he made cooking meth. The whole part of the plot with Jesse distributing money is plain silly, moralistic and unbelievable.
    Finally, the "expansion" of the business to Europe sounded like stretching the plot a bit too far, not to mention that getting rid of Mike and Jesse also eliminated some of the most interesting interactions.
    Unfortunately we got far too much interaction between Sky and her unbearable sister. I really regret the fact that the main female characters were all so unpleasant, without any of the dark appeal Walt (and even Mike) had. Also, the last two episodes were really "heavy" to watch, without a single moment of relief. I really regretted the fact that this series which started out as a dark comedy turned into such a humorless tale of crime and punishment.
    At least, they had the good sense of stop here, without dragging it any further.
  71. Aug 13, 2013
    Best F'in show on TV! The season 4 finale was really amazing and Walt's character is evolving into a beast. The bad news is that the bar for television shows is so high, I doubt I'll enjoy anything else for a very long time. Before starting Breaking Bad Season 1, I was so fed up with the garbage on TV (cough... every show on Bravo) that I considered going to church!

"I am the one who knocks!"
  72. Sep 25, 2013
    for me the first half of season was worst than season 3 and 4, less excitment maybe

second half of season: WOW, NO WAY, WOW, YES, NOOO, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, UNBELIAVLE, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW WOW so i want to give the season a 1000 if i can
  73. May 26, 2013
    One of the greatest dramas in the history of television has accomplished what was once thought to be impossible: getting even better with each successive season. As good as the first four seasons have been, season five has been the best. An exquisite production from top to bottom: writing, story, acting, cinematography. How will it end? A part of me wishes it never had to.
  74. Dec 16, 2014
    It's a beautifully fitting ending, to an extremely powerful show. The final season of Breaking Bad is at the pinnacle of TV drama, 5 seasons of growth in the characters and the story blows up in one legendary episode, 'Ozymandias', and it is sensationally gripping. I admire Vince Gilligan for not allowing the show to drag on and on just for the sake of it. The ending feels neither abruptIt's a beautifully fitting ending, to an extremely powerful show. The final season of Breaking Bad is at the pinnacle of TV drama, 5 seasons of growth in the characters and the story blows up in one legendary episode, 'Ozymandias', and it is sensationally gripping. I admire Vince Gilligan for not allowing the show to drag on and on just for the sake of it. The ending feels neither abrupt nor prolonged. The show has ended on a very respectable high. It has set new benchmarks for TV drama with it's original and captivating story, it's developed and engrossing characters and cinematography that really cannot be found anywhere else. Walter White's journey has gotten better as it's gone on. That inconsistency is only a small problem though, within a big success story. Many will mourn the loss of Vince Gilligan's marvellous creation, because it has brought hours of entertainment to the lives of many. Breaking Bad is a brilliant show. It is beautifully original, fiercely climatic and concluded perfectly. I tip my hat to Breaking Bad. Expand
  75. Oct 9, 2014
    Well, a great show that ended well. I wouldn't give it a ten because I gave Game of Thrones a ten, and that's a different league altogether. I didn't like how there were some moments and even full episodes (the fly one on season four) that were simply not needed. 'Filler' episodes are just a drag to watch. The plot could've progressed a bit faster as well.
    Though, ignoring those two
    Though, ignoring those two factors, this show was a good watch. Definitely had its moments. 8.5/10
  76. Jun 20, 2013
    Even though it is only eight episodes. it still is better than 95% of other shows. The ending of the last episode sets up perfectly to have this show go out with a bang.
  77. Jun 13, 2013
    Without a doubt the greatest TV series I have ever watched, every series it just seems to get better. I couldn't turn off Netflix, ended up behind where I should have been with revision. I suggest you watch it when you have lots of spare time since its as addictive as crystal meth (reference intended). The acting is fantastic and the screenplay is outstanding. Bryan Cranston plays a veryWithout a doubt the greatest TV series I have ever watched, every series it just seems to get better. I couldn't turn off Netflix, ended up behind where I should have been with revision. I suggest you watch it when you have lots of spare time since its as addictive as crystal meth (reference intended). The acting is fantastic and the screenplay is outstanding. Bryan Cranston plays a very convincing drug kingpin. Gripped from start to finish. Really hoping for more, although I have no idea quite how it could continue. Please forgive me since I'm trying to keep spoilers to a minimum. Well worth the watch. Expand
  78. Jul 2, 2014
    By far the best t.v show ever made, all of the seasons are impossibly perfect. Its the only t.v show that i consider to be better than any game. 10000000000/10
  79. Jul 25, 2013
    Breaking Bad Season 5 is proves what a powerhouse drama Breaking Bad can be. S3, S4 and S5 are fantastically acted, brilliantly constructed, with pitch perfect story telling. Seeing the evolution of Walter White or Jesse Pinkman or any of the other characters from S1 to S5 is phenomenal. I can't wait for the last half of S5 to come back on.
  80. Jun 18, 2013
    One of the better tv dramas ever, and season 5 of Breaking Bad is one of the best seasons of any show. Ever. From the first season on, Breaking Bad delivers on the promise of great drama, incredible acting, and its stories and episodes are so well put together and complex to the point of being hard to believe how good the show really is. Absolutely recommended.
  81. Sep 5, 2013
    Most of the great tv shows' best seasons would be between the first two or three,but not this one. It just keeps getting better and better. After watching the first four episodes of the second half of this season, no matter what the ending is gonna be, i will be satisfied with it because that is the way this show has made me thrill, amaze,laugh, feel sorry for the characters (except walterMost of the great tv shows' best seasons would be between the first two or three,but not this one. It just keeps getting better and better. After watching the first four episodes of the second half of this season, no matter what the ending is gonna be, i will be satisfied with it because that is the way this show has made me thrill, amaze,laugh, feel sorry for the characters (except walter white because he is THE anti-hero at the same time. This is one of the greatest tv shows of all time. So, TREAD LIGHTLY. Expand
  82. Jul 7, 2013
    Breaking Bad, good as you know with the final 8 episodes in front of us which will (quite sadly) end probably the best TV series ever seen. I cant wait to see how this all ends and the possibilities... There are many.
  83. Oct 4, 2013
    A satisfying conclusion to one of the greatest drama that was ever put on television. Some of the greatest acting in a television show that I have ever seen, as well as astonishing cinematography, some very smart dialogue and an edge of your seat climax. This show has gotten the credibility it deserves and it remains my favorite show ever to air on television.
  84. Sep 16, 2013
    I don't know how the user score is JUST 9.6. How it's possible??? The final season it's the best thing than ever happend to the television! Everyone need to see it!
  85. Aug 8, 2013
    All you need to know is, Season 5 (2012) Is going to win the Emmy for Best Drama Series. Season 4 Should have won, but newcomer Homeland won because it was a new series involving "terrorism" which our Nation is infatuated with.
  86. Nov 2, 2013
    How could you not give it a 10? It's a struggle to find flaws in this seemingly flawless masterpiece. The exceptional acting goes above and beyond that of most movies today, and the writing is on par with the genius of Lucas, Abrams, Cameron and Speilberg, radiating excellence, always. Television would be bland without this piece of art!
  87. Nov 19, 2013
    The level of intelligence depicted by the writer is just amazing, it keeps getting better by the season. one of my best tv series of all time, super acting, great suspense. big ups to Vince Gilligan.
  88. Mar 27, 2014
    Temporada cinco es soberbia junto a la cuarta temporada de The Wire son las mejores temporadas de la television. En esta temporada todo tiene un final, pero no siempre sera ese final que tanto espera nuestro amigo Walter, si en la primera parte era el ascenso del poder de White, en la segunda toca la caida, pero una caida muy dura y tragica, y eso es perder el amor de tus seres queridos.Temporada cinco es soberbia junto a la cuarta temporada de The Wire son las mejores temporadas de la television. En esta temporada todo tiene un final, pero no siempre sera ese final que tanto espera nuestro amigo Walter, si en la primera parte era el ascenso del poder de White, en la segunda toca la caida, pero una caida muy dura y tragica, y eso es perder el amor de tus seres queridos. Gracias TV por darnos una vez mas una gran serie. Expand
  89. Aug 10, 2013
    Just brilliant. One of the best TV series ever made. What can i say more? Great, great, great. Addicting characters, addicting script, addicting directing... There is nothing i can say bad about this ABSOLUTELY brilliant show!

Can't wait to more days, come here fast, Heisenberg!
  90. Aug 12, 2013
    This is by far, yes yes by far the best television show on right now, and it is heavily in the debate for best show of all time. So intelligently written and brilliantly acted. Season 5 ep. 9 was on par with the rest of the series. The scene in the garage was incredible. You can clearly see that these actors are so invested in their characters, its a joy to watch.
  91. Aug 13, 2013
    Once you start watching the Breaking Bad series, you become yet another rat attracted to this magical Pied Piper of brilliance. The final season adds much-deserving credence to why it simply is the best. The way in which the show maintains absolute consistency in quality, episode after episode, getting excitingly darker, is stunning. Bringing in the much-needed winds of change into theOnce you start watching the Breaking Bad series, you become yet another rat attracted to this magical Pied Piper of brilliance. The final season adds much-deserving credence to why it simply is the best. The way in which the show maintains absolute consistency in quality, episode after episode, getting excitingly darker, is stunning. Bringing in the much-needed winds of change into the annals of cinematic history, Breaking Bad graced the celluloid in a way no other work has ever done, setting benchmarks that may never be matched. Expand
  92. Sep 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can I say about Breaking Bad?A masterpiece?A cult classic?A symbol of a whole TV shows generation?Yes,Yes and another Yes.The final season proved that evolution exists.From just interesting to a brilliant drama,which shows us how life could change people and what is the price of such changes.Good night Mike,Hank and Walt you are in our hearts forever and we will miss you. Expand
  93. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!! Easily one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. I will defineately watch this masterpiece by Vince Gilligan again. It has many very memorable moments that I will not forget in a long while. SPOILERS!!! Like, "This is not meth", Gus Frings face off, Walter's death, the death of krazy-8, Mikes death, Hanks death, the plane crash and the little kid with stoner parents. And the characters I will never forget. Even the characters you dont see very often like Brock and Skinny Pete are very memorable and likeable and Walts and Jessies timeless quotes like and Flynns breakfasts. I will miss this series so much.
    (I will probably rewatch it again anyways!)
  94. Oct 8, 2013
    NEVER Before, have I had a television finale have as much closure then Breaking Bad did. Vince Gilligan really made us proud with this one. The amount of effort that the cast and crew put into this really shows in the final product.
  95. Aug 21, 2013
    Been watching Walt since he saw Jesse climb out of a window in one of Hank's drug busts in season one. Bryan Cranston became a superstar and Aaron Paul forever etched his moniker on A&E world. Dean Norris who played some skinny CIA dark CO in Lawnmower Man broke down our doors as Walt's nemesis. Hollywood movies are 99 percent made for the vulgar to make money. A&E hit the end of theBeen watching Walt since he saw Jesse climb out of a window in one of Hank's drug busts in season one. Bryan Cranston became a superstar and Aaron Paul forever etched his moniker on A&E world. Dean Norris who played some skinny CIA dark CO in Lawnmower Man broke down our doors as Walt's nemesis. Hollywood movies are 99 percent made for the vulgar to make money. A&E hit the end of the rainbow with Breaking Bad. Walt is gonna go out with a bang, whereas Showtime's Dexter goes out in absurdity. Collapse
  96. Aug 30, 2013
    This show transcends normal television series in terms of quality. Everything about this show is so perfectly written, shot, and acted that I couldn't possibly think of a single thing wrong with it. Truly a stroke of genius.
  97. Sep 4, 2013
    Breaking Bad went from 'meh' to 'good' to 'very good' to the finale of season 4 onwards where it became best tv ever, yo'. Woah. TV has no right to be this cinema-beatingly good.
  98. Sep 5, 2013
    Every single one of the final episodes is so good and so tense, they're basically killing me. I really have no idea how it's going to end but I'm pretty sure years are being taken off of my life every Sunday night.

As always, the acting is incredible and Aaron Paul deserves an Emmy just for his scene with Walt in the desert during "Confessions".
  99. Sep 6, 2013
    The best episode ever walked on the TV. Breaking Bad is the most interesting scenario the most interesting characters, good playing actors in General could not be better
  100. Sep 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hands down the best drama on television. Season 5B provides incredible suspense and tension, as always. Breaking Bad is one of the few shows on television where during that glorious hour, I am glued to the TV. Skyler has become Mrs. Heisenberg, Hank has gone full cop, full badass, Jesse has caught onto Walt's However this series ends, it's going to be with a bang, and I will be there. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]