• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.7

1. Oct 27, 2013
    I have to admit I didn't want to watch Breaking Bad since the show began. But when BB became a talk-about show I get curiosed about what really is Breaking Bad. I thought it was painful to see. But the last season caught my attention. It was a good show, but at the end of the series I didn't understand really why is so "excellent" for crtics and for the fans. I thought it would beI have to admit I didn't want to watch Breaking Bad since the show began. But when BB became a talk-about show I get curiosed about what really is Breaking Bad. I thought it was painful to see. But the last season caught my attention. It was a good show, but at the end of the series I didn't understand really why is so "excellent" for crtics and for the fans. I thought it would be addicted, but no. It's a good story, but I didn´t found the thing that make me say: "Amazing, excellent, brilliant, the best show of TV."
    Good ending, but I think the show was more for Paul's character and ot for Cranston's.
  2. Oct 1, 2012
    As opposed to what the other reviewers say, this show is not the pinnacle of modern storytelling. It does nothing new, makes no improvements from the stellar season 4, yet these reviewers give out 100's like corn seed sample. As far as the first part of the season goes, it is still populated with the annoying characters of old. Skyler, Mike, all these characters that can't even compare toAs opposed to what the other reviewers say, this show is not the pinnacle of modern storytelling. It does nothing new, makes no improvements from the stellar season 4, yet these reviewers give out 100's like corn seed sample. As far as the first part of the season goes, it is still populated with the annoying characters of old. Skyler, Mike, all these characters that can't even compare to anyone in The Sopranos or The Wire. This show serves only as a transition for anyone who wants to watch TV with the grown-ups on HBO. The aforementioned Sopranos, Wire, and shows like Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, and Treme. Breaking Bad is a good show, but it has long outlived its welcome, and this first half of the season seemed completely unnecessary. It's a commercial success, talk show hosts can't shut up about it (watch any episode of Kimmel). However, once you've had the best, okay just doesn't appeal. I'll finish watching the show, as I've been a viewer from the start, but I can guarantee that it will not compare to any HBO show of old. Breaking Bad is not a classic, it's simply a fun action story. It's no Pulp Fiction, it's Inception. It provides some good ideas, but, ultimately, what ends up remaining in the viewer's head at the end of the day are the images, the cool thing that happened at the climax of the episode. It's not art, it's just a fun book. Expand
  3. Sep 18, 2013
    BrBa started so strong so powerful at the end you just knew what will walter do what is coming up i dont talk about directing couse it is the most directing i ever saw
  4. Aug 4, 2012
    Even if the screenplay sucked, the acting alone is worth watching for an hour every week. The scary thing is the screenplay is almost as good as the acting. The suspense, the story, and even the humor is all great. Looking forward to the rest of the season and many, many more WTF moments.
  5. Jul 30, 2012
    It's an amazing show and I love watching it (have watched it from the start) but suprisingly, This season has been rather slow paced and we have yet to be introduced to the new villain this season (whoever it may be). It's still a great show though and easily the best on TV.
  6. Aug 5, 2012
    This is the best drama and one of the best TV shows of all time and i cant say enough how awesome it is and gets week after week. if you have never watched this show, do it or you have my permission to die. (just kidding).
  7. Sep 10, 2012
    What can I say about season 5 of Breaking Bad? It had an extremely tough follow up to the masterpiece that was season 4, and the shortened season (actually a longer season split into two) took away from the traditional slow burn that Breaking Bad offers its viewers. In spite of this, the season is still incredibly acted, filmed, and overall still beats most anything on television thisWhat can I say about season 5 of Breaking Bad? It had an extremely tough follow up to the masterpiece that was season 4, and the shortened season (actually a longer season split into two) took away from the traditional slow burn that Breaking Bad offers its viewers. In spite of this, the season is still incredibly acted, filmed, and overall still beats most anything on television this year. If there are criticisms to be had, it lays in a season that felt a tad rushed, and in the cartoonishly villainous behavior of Walter White at times, though he seemed to come down to earth at the very end of the season. This is a companion piece to the last half of the season, which I fully expect to be a 10/10. Expand
  8. Aug 3, 2012
    great show. i think this quote from Wikipedia says all that needs to be said.Breaking Bad has received widespread critical acclaim and has been praised by some critics as the greatest television drama of all time.[4][5] On the review aggregator website Metacritic, the first season scored 74/100,[54] the second season scored 85/100,[55] the third season scored 89/100[56] the fourth seasongreat show. i think this quote from Wikipedia says all that needs to be said.Breaking Bad has received widespread critical acclaim and has been praised by some critics as the greatest television drama of all time.[4][5] On the review aggregator website Metacritic, the first season scored 74/100,[54] the second season scored 85/100,[55] the third season scored 89/100[56] the fourth season scored 96/100,[57] and the fifth season scored 98/100 prior to the first episode being screened.[58] The American Film Institute listed Breaking Bad as one of the top ten television series of 2010 and 2011.[59][60] Expand
  9. Aug 7, 2012
    this show is amazing!!! all the characters are fabulous! you never gonna be bored during the show. i miss the time each episode! each time i think the show is just 20 minutes.
  10. Apr 20, 2013
    Perfect TV show. The acting is amazing, as well as the deep plot and audio. I can't say anything more but WATCH IT! Recommended!
  11. Oct 13, 2013
    I perfect finale to a perfect show! This last season takes it all, as it contains the best episode's of any show I've ever seen in it. This is the season where we finally get to see the destruction of Walter White. I couldn't be happier with the result of the show. Although, I wonder whatever happened to Huel.
  12. Jul 2, 2014
    By far the best t.v show ever made, all of the seasons are impossibly perfect. Its the only t.v show that i consider to be better than any game. 10000000000/10
  13. Oct 8, 2013
    NEVER Before, have I had a television finale have as much closure then Breaking Bad did. Vince Gilligan really made us proud with this one. The amount of effort that the cast and crew put into this really shows in the final product.
  14. Aug 21, 2013
    Been watching Walt since he saw Jesse climb out of a window in one of Hank's drug busts in season one. Bryan Cranston became a superstar and Aaron Paul forever etched his moniker on A&E world. Dean Norris who played some skinny CIA dark CO in Lawnmower Man broke down our doors as Walt's nemesis. Hollywood movies are 99 percent made for the vulgar to make money. A&E hit the end of theBeen watching Walt since he saw Jesse climb out of a window in one of Hank's drug busts in season one. Bryan Cranston became a superstar and Aaron Paul forever etched his moniker on A&E world. Dean Norris who played some skinny CIA dark CO in Lawnmower Man broke down our doors as Walt's nemesis. Hollywood movies are 99 percent made for the vulgar to make money. A&E hit the end of the rainbow with Breaking Bad. Walt is gonna go out with a bang, whereas Showtime's Dexter goes out in absurdity. Expand
  15. Dec 20, 2013
    Each episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show withEach episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show with their extraordinary performances. This season is a fitting conclusion to the series. It ties up all loose ends imaginable and confirms Breaking Bad as the greatest television show of all time. Expand
  16. Oct 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The end of the best TV Show of all time, it's sad, depressing, all the things you were thinking from Season 1 when Walt started cooking "What's going to happen if Hank y'know his DEA Brother in law finds out?". There is many kill offs including Walt himself, Hank, Steve Gomez, Todd, Mike and many others but what I didn't expect was how they killed off Walt if you thought before the season finale "I can't wait to see who kills Walt" and it turns out, Heisenberg could only kill Walt.... Oh! What about that Machine Gun rig ey? Pretty cool. 10/10 Expand
  17. Oct 16, 2013
    SAVE YOUR ACCOLADES! Watching in Ireland (TG4). I would, though, add to the accolades: it is a dread marvel. From series 1 episode 1 I thought this 'TV' exceptional. Cranston and Paul particularly wonderful in their character creations. However, justly, vying for the highest honours as it is, I would ask fans to also look at 'Bleak House', BBC production of the Charles Dickens novel andSAVE YOUR ACCOLADES! Watching in Ireland (TG4). I would, though, add to the accolades: it is a dread marvel. From series 1 episode 1 I thought this 'TV' exceptional. Cranston and Paul particularly wonderful in their character creations. However, justly, vying for the highest honours as it is, I would ask fans to also look at 'Bleak House', BBC production of the Charles Dickens novel and ask is this not, rather, truly the 'best of all time'. The Gilligan/Anderson overlap is bonus for observers of Kevin Bacon removes type considerations. Expand
  18. Dec 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't understand this series. I watch every season, always expecting a great "climax", but it never really happen. The 2 main characters are a joke. Expand
  19. Aug 30, 2013
    Holy cow. Holy mackerel. Holy moley. This is just the most amazingly entertaining show. Without a doubt, BB is the best show ever made. The characters... the acting... the music... the story... the drama... the tension... If you don't watch this show, you should.
  20. Jan 10, 2014
    Season 5 is a huge moral battle that dives deep into the fleeting Walter White as the Heisenberg villain fights to take over and destroy all that Walt has tried to build for himself and his family. This season is dark, very dark at times, and if you can stomach the twisted nature that is surely indicative of hardened criminal life when competition comes into play, you'll find yourselfSeason 5 is a huge moral battle that dives deep into the fleeting Walter White as the Heisenberg villain fights to take over and destroy all that Walt has tried to build for himself and his family. This season is dark, very dark at times, and if you can stomach the twisted nature that is surely indicative of hardened criminal life when competition comes into play, you'll find yourself both shocked and awed well beyond anything other experience you'll have on TV around the same time. Season 5 backs down momentarily from the massive adrenaline-fueled close of season 4 to reset and rebuild the foundation upon which the entire series will hang its hat upon. The cast turns in the best the show has to offer and, when the train finally takes off, there's nothing to stop the intense and chaotic progression until the final minutes of the series finale. Bravo to the writers, cast, producers and everyone else involved here. This is TV at its best. Expand
  21. Aug 10, 2012
    This season is different. Walter is dead, Heisenberg has assumed his place. That alone is enough to throw off most people. If we were still on Walt's side at the end of Season 4, the writers are forcing us to hate him, if you don't already. And I'll admit that it's working.

What makes this season successful is that it actually changes the feel. We've seen Walt break bad, but he still lost; we still wanted him to win. Now that he's actually winning, we see the actual tyranny and what he actually has transformed into. The fact is: Walt is a villain, and if you don't understand that yet, the writers are going to make you understand it.

Fantastic cinematography, acting, writing, and overall effectiveness of character development. This season is terrifying in a completely new way that will shock some people. The main character has become the antagonist.
  22. Aug 29, 2012
    Incredibly good. The pace and suspense of this season is incredible, this show really just keeps on getting better and better, and the downward spiral character progression of Walter is as clear as it is frightening.
  23. Jul 29, 2012
    This show just gets better every season! Everything about this show is superb, the acting, writing, cinematography, and direction! I will severely miss this show
  24. Oct 15, 2014
    It doesn't rely on past success with this final season. It brings tons of new and tense scenarios and concludes everything on a satisfying and rather heartbreaking note. Something is always happening, and the pace never lets up. The first half of the season makes us scared of what Walt's become, while the second-half wraps up the series with emotion filled moments.

It's tense, dark,

It's tense, dark, emotional, and all around completely satisfying. This final season is the best of them all, and some of the best television ever. Believe the hype and get ready for a final season that is an absolute masterpiece.
  25. Sep 17, 2012
    It's impossible to to say that a television has achieved perfection, but Breaking Bad has come as close as we'll ever get. Bryan Cranston is a revelation as usual, Aaron Paul is brilliant and the rest of the cast compliments them flawlessly. It's going to be tough to let this one go.
  26. Mar 29, 2015
    Wow look at these scores, both critic and user. I don't disagree. It's just a testament to how great this show is/was. As soon as I saw that first episode I knew I'd like this show. And as the story unfolded I was drawn in even more. Each character was carefully drawn, and each actor was perfectly cast. Walt was most certainly an anti-hero. You quietly cheered for him, even though heWow look at these scores, both critic and user. I don't disagree. It's just a testament to how great this show is/was. As soon as I saw that first episode I knew I'd like this show. And as the story unfolded I was drawn in even more. Each character was carefully drawn, and each actor was perfectly cast. Walt was most certainly an anti-hero. You quietly cheered for him, even though he committed the most despicable acts of violence.

We are in a Golden Age of TV, and Breaking Bad is up there at the top with quality writing, acting, and production.
  27. Mar 24, 2014
    As tv shows go, i'll boldly tell you that there isn't many, if any, better than Vince Gilligan's Breaking Bad. The Wire is the only other television series that I can say rivals it. The journey of Walter White has been one of the greatest stories ever told via the small screen. Bryan Cranston delivers a career defining role by producing epic and outstanding performances. It's honestly,As tv shows go, i'll boldly tell you that there isn't many, if any, better than Vince Gilligan's Breaking Bad. The Wire is the only other television series that I can say rivals it. The journey of Walter White has been one of the greatest stories ever told via the small screen. Bryan Cranston delivers a career defining role by producing epic and outstanding performances. It's honestly, legendary. I cannot put into words how phenominal the man is. The birth of Heisenberg is a landmark moment for television and it's testimony to Breaking Bad that by it's conclusion I was more afraid of Walt than I was by who i consider tv's greatest villain Gus Frings. It was frighteningly fantastic!! But Cranston isn't alone. Aaron Paul comes up trumps and gets better with each season. I didn't take to Jesse initially but by the end I couldn't help but wish he could get out of the meth world. The final season of Breaking Bad shows you just how far the iconic series has came. Vince Gilligan's masterpiece got better, more epic, stronger and umissable year after year. The characters that the show brought to life varied but each to there own were integral to the story. Hank, portrayed expertly by Dean Norris, was wonderful. His journey to find 'Heinsenberg' was excellent. The moment of realization in 5x08 "Gliding All Over" that Walt is Heisenberg is unforgettable and unmissable. Anna Gunn also delivered a stunning portrayal as Skyler White. Bob Odenkirk deserves a mention as Saul Goodman, who will receive a spinoff show of his own. Not forgetting the incredible Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo Frings. There's many more that ofcourse merit a mention because each character purposefully brought something to the table. Through the shows 5 season run, it oversaw some of the greatest and iconic episodes ever to air. 'Ozymandius' in S5 is arguably the best episode of tv ever! Then theres' 'Crazy Handful of Nothin' from S1, the moment of no return for Walt in 'Phoenix' in S2. 'Fly' and 'Half & Full Measures' in the climatic double header of S3. The unmissable send off 'Face-Off' from S4. 'Dead Freight' the awesome heist from S5 and ofcourse, Felina, the shows final episode. Truth be told, there isn't a bad episode in existence. Sure, they aren't all off the standard of all mentioned above but I dare say taking everything under consideration, it's in a class of it's own. The writers of the show deserve immense credit. It's outrageous to be able to to continue to produce the colossal standards that they met. Let's be honest without their magnificent minds, we would never have had the pleasure and privelege of watching Breaking Bad . Saving the best for last, Vince Gilligan. A hero, a genius, a legend? Either one of those sufface because he has created a tv show that will go down as one of the greatest ever made. Period! You can only appreciate and be in awe of what the man has achieved through Breaking Bad. I could go on forever but the only justice you can do to a show of this magnitude is to watch it yourself in what a complete masterpiece! Perfection. Expand
  28. Oct 2, 2013
    With any great TV show there is always that worry that its final episodes won’t offer a fitting finale, fortunately that is not the case here. Every bit as entertaining as the previous four seasons as the final credits rolled it was clear you were witnessing the end of one of TV’s truly great drama series.
  29. Nov 21, 2013
    My God... this show. Everyone is/was talking about Breaking Bad and it's worth the hype. It's just... I don't know what it is. Something about this show is so addicting. Well, of course you get a good show if it has good actors, good writing etc. but Breaking Bad has more. It's definitely worth watching!
  30. Aug 27, 2012
    I have found with this show after each season it just seems to get better and better and better. Season 5 is seriously proving a fantastic finish for a superb and great piece of television drama. Breaking Bad, for myself anyway will be amongst the top brass of television series with the likes of The Sopranos and the new show which shows potential The Newsroom. Have to say Bryan Cranston asI have found with this show after each season it just seems to get better and better and better. Season 5 is seriously proving a fantastic finish for a superb and great piece of television drama. Breaking Bad, for myself anyway will be amongst the top brass of television series with the likes of The Sopranos and the new show which shows potential The Newsroom. Have to say Bryan Cranston as Walter White has to be one of the finest pieces of acting in television history. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]