• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.3

1. Oct 12, 2013
    The Best Show Ever! It´s like a Long Movie, the best movie i saw!!!! Everything is perfect in the minimum details...I Love Breaking Bad!!! Gonna Miss the Show!!!!!
  2. Aug 3, 2013
    Awesome show so far. The acting is great and the plot is so creative and unique. Really well done all around. This show makes you want to keep coming back for more.
  3. Oct 18, 2011
    Without question the best show that has ever been on television. I am so spoiled by this show that everything else seems boring. I have started to grow more impatient with less interesting shows like Dexter, or True blood. Shows that I used to love have been ruined by Breaking Bad.
  4. Oct 8, 2011
    the show is something new and special and all about the characters. a milestone in tv history. sadly not that appreciated as it should be. first season started off perfect!
  5. Apr 28, 2012
    This is actually my favourite TV show. I found out about it from Netflix and I got hooked. Every episode is interesting and I love the characters. Walt's wife is kind of annoying but aside from that this show is amazing in every way.
  6. Mar 18, 2012
    This is an outstanding Tv-series... highly addicted! All performances, script, music, production will blow you away... Surely the best series I've seen... Five stars *****
  7. Sep 7, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. Genuine Joe Soap turns bad and hits all the inconveniences, heartache and heat that one would. Somewhat slow paced but I consider this something of an advantage of the series (although you might want to watch a box-set of the series possibly a couple of episodes at a time). Yeah science!
  8. Jul 30, 2013
    I am a huge TV person and well this is one of my all time favorites that is up there with 24 and Lost. The writing is awesome and I really like Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul who really deserve their Emmy's. This is only the first season so it is a little slower than the others but it just gets better and better. The show is about a Chemistry teacher, Walter White (Bryan Cranston) who isI am a huge TV person and well this is one of my all time favorites that is up there with 24 and Lost. The writing is awesome and I really like Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul who really deserve their Emmy's. This is only the first season so it is a little slower than the others but it just gets better and better. The show is about a Chemistry teacher, Walter White (Bryan Cranston) who is diagnosed with lung cancer and turns to cooking meth to helping his families finances. He gets the help of former student Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) who is a drug dealer himself and together they make the high quality meth. Together through good and bad they seem to look out for each other and oddly have a good friendship as the show goes on although it may be hard to see. This TV show is one of the all time greats and I am going to watch the first half of season five again before the next part of it comes out August 11th which will sadly be the last part of this epic series. Expand
  9. Oct 1, 2013
    One of the best shows in years, hands down one of my favorites.

Not every episode is a straight 10, but that doesn't matter. The overarching storylines and character development are what drives this show. The ending really doesn't disappoint like so many other shows.

I can't wait for the Saul Goodman spinoff.
  10. Dec 27, 2013
    The Greatest show of All Time.. or at least in the top 2 along with The Wire... Bryan, Aaron, and the whole cast give A+++ performance.. Dead Freight or Ozymandias are the two best episodes of the show and both come in the last season. This is a must for anyone with a pulse.
  11. Sep 5, 2014
    very interesting !!!xdrtresteysetrtsre gsesrtrterhfeygstretggretuurruuugbriegeruig eirgieriueutertihuuugnneritie eiirtiieritieirtieiriigereirteiiertuhein ieeteeeerterte eterte
    Jul 18, 2008
    When is doing bad for good actually good? And the questions about futile therapy versus peaceful death were just stunning.
  13. TristanA.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Some of the best writing I've ever seen on TV. Easily the best action I've ever seen on a TV drama. Critics who complain of a self-conscious edginess or a lack of motivation must not have watched past the first episode (and must have confused uncommon character depth with a lack of character depth). TV's finally getting good at realizing that plots don't have to be Some of the best writing I've ever seen on TV. Easily the best action I've ever seen on a TV drama. Critics who complain of a self-conscious edginess or a lack of motivation must not have watched past the first episode (and must have confused uncommon character depth with a lack of character depth). TV's finally getting good at realizing that plots don't have to be generic and formulaic in order for shows to succeed. Now that they're finallh trying to come up with characters that are unique and deep it seems to have frightened some critics. Oh well. Let them have fun watching Big Love. Breaking Bad is more my speed. Expand
  14. LauraG.
    Mar 15, 2008
    This show is full of compelling characters with a script that grabs the viewer from the outset of every episode. Bryan Cranston's acting is a refreshing change from his weak and powerless character in Malcolm In The Middle. Watching his disillusionment with what is right and wrong as he faces a terminal disease offers an insight into the very soul of humanity that is rarely seen and This show is full of compelling characters with a script that grabs the viewer from the outset of every episode. Bryan Cranston's acting is a refreshing change from his weak and powerless character in Malcolm In The Middle. Watching his disillusionment with what is right and wrong as he faces a terminal disease offers an insight into the very soul of humanity that is rarely seen and can never be forgotten. Expand
  15. KatieY
    Apr 11, 2008
    Breaking Bad is a very innovative television show. It takes a very taboo subject like cooking drugs and it makes it appealing. The characters are very developed and the plot line is very substantial. The amount of drama in Breaking Bad keeps the audience coming back every week, and that cannot be said for a lot of shows.
  16. RobertB.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Best part of this is that they get the chemistry rightas opposed to a lot of crime shows. Great if a little slow paced.
  17. Jul 14, 2013
    This is the most amazing show on television. I'm obsessed and everyone else should be as well. If you're not watching this show, watch it now! Unlike most other shows on TV, Breaking Bad just gets better and better. Season 5 was the best yet. I can't wait for the final season to start in a few weeks.
  18. Aug 22, 2010
    Breaking Bad is definitely one of the best shows I've seen on TV. There's nothing quite like it. The story is just superb. It's different than anything else out there - I hope AMC makes more like it.
  19. Aug 18, 2013
    Be warned, once you start watching. You wont be able to stop. This season is very good and is a bit boring at first but then it becomes more interesting.
  20. Oct 18, 2011
    Original (thank you, Weeds, but you're out), smart, creative and well played, Breaking Bad season one is quite of a masterpiece. And Bryan Cranston is wonderful, as always.
  21. Sep 10, 2010
    Striking an almost perfect balance between drama and pitch black comedy, Breaking Bad proves to be smart, fiendishly clever entertainment. Sort of like a TV version of Fargo.
  22. Sep 3, 2012
    Without a doubt the best television show ever created. Vince Gilligan and the rest of the breaking bad team are changing TV history with the most dramatic, tense, well acted, and addicting story of the character of Walter White.
  23. Jan 2, 2012
    Amazing show!! This season is great although at times it's a little slow, that's a good thing, this sets the balance and unveils some honesty within this amazing story. I would say this season and season/series 3 are on the same level. They both have some of the craziest episodes yet at times they are slow. But I like it this way. I would say season 2 and 4 are a little bit more consistent.
  24. Nov 3, 2010
    Without a question this is the best show n TV right now. The first season was without parallel in television. At least in the past few years no show has been this good and original.
  25. Jun 18, 2011
    I cannot decide which show is better, this one, or Mad Men. I am almost convinced that this show is better. The script, acting, directing and basically everything about this show is AMAZING. Sometimes you have to will yourself to make it through, but it is the most rewarding show. I love how Walt always cuts off the crust from his sandwiches now. Whatever happened to that guy he killedI cannot decide which show is better, this one, or Mad Men. I am almost convinced that this show is better. The script, acting, directing and basically everything about this show is AMAZING. Sometimes you have to will yourself to make it through, but it is the most rewarding show. I love how Walt always cuts off the crust from his sandwiches now. Whatever happened to that guy he killed anyways? I cannot wait for the new season! AHHH! Expand
  26. Dec 12, 2012
    An insanely well-written master piece managing to balance everything that a TV-show should have while keeping things unpredictable and fresh over a prolonged amount of episodes. I would go so far as to say that it surpasses House, seeing how it has just the amount of focus on personal dilemma, keeping those inevitable obnoxious characters to a minimal.
  27. Apr 22, 2011
    it's incredibly refreshing and surprising. one of the best TV series I've watched for years. Instead of getting stale after the first season, the show gets better and better. the acting and characters are great. the story has lots of cliff hangers that make it hard to stop watching.
  28. Dec 14, 2010
    the critic reviews are to low that is because this show is not in a mayor network but without a doubt 100 in the top list big thump up for amc and i hope they don't try to strech the show and kill the greatness
  29. Dec 19, 2010
    I started watching this show after I saw 3 seasons of Madmen and 4 seasons of Dexter and thought nothing could be better than those 2 (I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of The Sopranos for the record) but hell I was so wrong, it is just difficult to explain how good Breaking Bad is, so I'll explain how I realized I loved this show; first of all I made a mistake and started watchingI started watching this show after I saw 3 seasons of Madmen and 4 seasons of Dexter and thought nothing could be better than those 2 (I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of The Sopranos for the record) but hell I was so wrong, it is just difficult to explain how good Breaking Bad is, so I'll explain how I realized I loved this show; first of all I made a mistake and started watching season 3 instead of 1 so even when i didn't understand the characters past I got intrigued with they're story, luckily i found out about the mistake after episode 3 and started watching season 1 finally, so i was watching ep 1 thinking I already ruined the season with the spoilers I got from season 3 but after 2 or 3 episodes I just couldn't stop watching, it was the first time i watched a TV show for around 6 hours in a row! so after I finished season 1 and it was like 3 a.m. I started downloading the 2nd season, and that's how i realized how obsessed i was with the show. now I'll talk about the show itself, the setting, the actors performance, the script, the attention to little details and the fact that they're not not afraid of taking risks(unlike season 5's finale of Dexter), make of this the best show I've ever seen in my 20 years of living. Expand
  30. Sep 18, 2014
    The first season of this dark comedy-drama proves to me that the show has earned all the praise I have watched it receive. With excellent acting, an interesting idea, and unpredictable scenarios, it's one nice slice of compelling TV. It's first 7-episode season is awesome to say the least.

Watching mild-mannered Walter White (Bryan Cranston) turn into a hardcore meth maker is believable and real. The scenarios the show creates are a mix of family drama, outrageously dark and violent scenarios, and a surprising sense of humor. If you haven't watched it yet then I highly recommend you do. This first season is top-notch entertainment, and one of the best shows I streamed on Netflix. I can't wait to dive into season 2. I give season one a near-perfect score of 9.9/10.
  31. Dec 30, 2010
    With Friday Night Lights, the best show on television at the moment. Pretty nearly as good as The Sopranos, and that's even with Bryan Cranston's character being a dozen times more repressed than Tony. This isn't to say that there haven't been a couple of shockingly bed episodes, such as the one starring a fly in Walter's lab.
  32. Jan 26, 2011
    Very good show, and I love the storyline of Walt and his Meth. I was lead to this show from watching the entire series of The Wire and it left me wanting more from the Drug scene. Mixed with family drama, and real life situations Breaking bad delivers on all aspects of a show that I will continue to watch. It's in my top 5 for sure.
  33. Jan 26, 2011
    Very few shows come along that are as brillantly written as Breaking Bad. The writers have made a charecter who you root for, but know he is gonna get it in the end. The cast is the perfect mix of humor and drama, and the story keeps you on the edge of your seat because you never know what will happen next.
  34. Mar 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, Breaking Bad is worth a perfect score. Maybe you've heard everyone say: "Its the best show on TV"

"Best thing I've ever seen"

"You must see Breaking Bad, because its so good"

Are these statements true, yes. Yes they are! I've been on the edge of my seat from episode 1 to Season 5's Part 1 ending and I cant wait for Part 2 to se the conclusion of the show. I love the darkness of the show, it brings out the worst in people, nothing is black and white its all grey and everything can be rationalized. The two main characters Walter and Jesse are each others opposites. While you think that Walt is a respectable, caring, timid and just a normal man. Looking at him from the outside he might be just those things but his true nature is grim. Jesse on the other hand, at first impression he's a hard gangster and not caring but as the show progress he's the sentimental one and truly not a bad person. So what I guess the show is trying to say in a way is that you should'nt judge people based on appearance. If you have Netflix, season 1-4 is there, watch it today!
  35. Jul 17, 2012
    Breaking Bad's season 5 opener maintains the high quality that won the series so many devoted fans.. This is gripping, suspenseful television at its finest featuring excellent acting, writing and directing. You have no reason not to watch this show.
  36. Jun 25, 2011
    The best. Cant wait to watch some more. It has something going for it that you wont find in many other TV series. There is a reality there which draws you in. I love it. Well done AMC
  37. Jan 27, 2014
    This is one of the best TV series I have ever watched. Smells top notch quality from bottom to top. Screenwriting, acting, directing... everything is great. Characters are unbelievably well created and crafted. Definitely suggesting to my friends!
  38. Mar 24, 2011
    Cinema quality on a TV show, GOOD Cinema quality. The acting is exquisite, the writing unbelievable, it's astonishing how deep and complete every character is (even the minor ones).
    Do yourself a favor and watch every bit of it if you haven't done it yet.
  39. May 12, 2011
    Why is there such a disconnect on this site between professional 'critics' and real people? If these people are getting paid for their 'expert' opinions, then why is it not refrlective of the wider audience? Sounds like they need a good shake up of their industry because the so called experts are anything but.
  40. Jun 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This series is directed very well. And I can say that Bryan Cranston is an brilliant actor. Moreover, Aaron Paul should be respected for his performance. Expand
  41. Jun 29, 2011
    Breaking Bad features absolutely outstanding character development from the get-go. The acting is superb and the show is very realistic and gritty. The plots are usually clever and have great builds, keeping the suspense going often until satisfying pay offs. Breaking Bad isn't afraid to let the story breathe, not rushing into contrived developments but instead letting the story flowBreaking Bad features absolutely outstanding character development from the get-go. The acting is superb and the show is very realistic and gritty. The plots are usually clever and have great builds, keeping the suspense going often until satisfying pay offs. Breaking Bad isn't afraid to let the story breathe, not rushing into contrived developments but instead letting the story flow almost effortlessly. The first season is very well done beginning to end and easily made it one of the best shows on TV. Overall score: 9/10 Expand
  42. Jul 17, 2011
    These people who underrate the show are ridiculous. There's simply only one thing bad about Season One: It's only six episodes. When your left starving for more i guess you can miss rate something.
  43. Jul 18, 2011
    Why isn't everyone in America addicted to this show by now??!? There are still way too many people out there who haven't ever even heard of it. It is by far one of the greatest shows ever to be on television. The acting and the writing are clearly flawless but gotta give recognition to the cinematography (which is also perfect) and the directing. This show is just flat out amazing inWhy isn't everyone in America addicted to this show by now??!? There are still way too many people out there who haven't ever even heard of it. It is by far one of the greatest shows ever to be on television. The acting and the writing are clearly flawless but gotta give recognition to the cinematography (which is also perfect) and the directing. This show is just flat out amazing in every way; I can't ever get enough. Watch it!! Expand
  44. Nov 14, 2011
    Fantastic acting. Immense writing. Wonderful storyline and the probably the best drama show I've watched for a long time. Glad BB exists. A benchmark for new shows.
  45. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made.
  46. Mar 15, 2012
    In a few words, this show is a 21st-Century Western. So many memorable characters. Sure, there's Walt and Jesse, but Saul, Hank, Gus, Mike, and even Mr. Salamanca are awesome. What I love is how the stakes are raised each episode, hooking you up for the next. It's like, the TV version of crystal meth.
  47. Oct 23, 2011
    This show will keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat like no other. Especially every time it gets toward the end of a season, good lord. It really is the best show I've seen in years personally.
  48. Dec 27, 2012
    One of my favorite shows. Very intricate plot with lots of twists and turns. I love the way the directors combine chemistry with drugs and drugs with the family. Amazing and a must watch.
  49. Jun 9, 2013
    I think the average user-score of this show displays just how good it is, surprisingly the show somehow keeps on getting better and better. If you're looking for one of the best shows out there, breaking Bad should undoubtedly be on the list.
  50. Nov 16, 2011
    Breaking Bad, after watching the Pilot i was hooked. Breaking Bad has great actors, who play awesome characters, in a great story. It is definitly worth the watch if you have not yet I didnt watch season 1 untill season 2 was out and boy was i missing out. :(
  51. Jan 12, 2015
    Very good television beyond belief, it hits you where you're most sensitive and isn't afraid to take a piece out of the viewer by sinking the subject matter to a place very few show's have ever done.
  52. Feb 14, 2012
    One of the best shows I've ever seen on TV! Bryan Cranston is doing a really great acting!, I am so glad i decided to give this show a chance!. Season 3 is one of the best!
  53. Feb 25, 2012
    Simply put the best show i've seen in a long, long time. Nothing on telly grips you like this, could almost say it's as addictive as meth itself ha.
    Bryan Cranston deserves every award available as the very likable but flawed Walter White and Aaron Paul definitely deserves praise as his equally flawed and increasingly complicated Jessie Pinkman. In conclusion, I cannot wait for Season 5!
  54. Mar 5, 2012
    absolutely amazing tv show, the best in years! the acting is fabulous, the script great but i'm mesmerized specially with the cinematography of this piece of art.
  55. Mar 8, 2012
    A masterpiece! Awesome storyline, characters and twists that never fail to amaze! Walt and Jesse are the best duo on TV hands down and the situations and dilemmas they get into are astounding! Watch it now.
  56. Mar 12, 2012
    The best non-comedy show I have ever seen. And in contrast to as good as every other tv show, it gets better and better every season instead of worse.
  57. Mar 13, 2012
    I only recently discovered Breaking Bad and started watching the first couple of episodes on a Saturday night. I realised quickly that this was going to be a very addictive, higly enjoyable series. Top acting, funny situations and a very unpredictable story line that makes is compulsive viewing.

I especially like the way you are dropped in a situation that doesn't make sense, but by using flashbacks the puzzle finally makes sense and gives you an amazing cliffhanger.

I just finished the first season and started on season 2, which looks like it is even better than the first. But what rating do you give a series that was already perfect?
  58. Mar 17, 2012
    I have been watching Breaking Bad since 2 years and i gotta say every season blows my mind every season gets better and better the writing and the characterization is so so top-notch you feel you are on a live wire. The current season just expanded the greatness and visual treat. The season finale was the icing on the cake. Great music, great camera work, great acting hail "BryanI have been watching Breaking Bad since 2 years and i gotta say every season blows my mind every season gets better and better the writing and the characterization is so so top-notch you feel you are on a live wire. The current season just expanded the greatness and visual treat. The season finale was the icing on the cake. Great music, great camera work, great acting hail "Bryan Cranston" Aaron Paul is the best supporting actor in the world. Giancarlo Esposito was great. But the real master of the show is the writing oh my god how did they write such great lines. I mean my respect for Vince Giligan has increased. He's become one of my favorite writers. Overall this the best television show one can offer. I hope the last season comes with fireworks. Expand
  59. Mar 17, 2012
    This show starts off in the first four and a half minutes head and shoulders above anything else on TV now or since, and only ever goes up from there, no shark-jumps, plot reversals, or anything of that nature. Walter White knows the recipe to cook almost 100% pure crystal meth, and Vince Gilligan knows the recipe for an almost 100% perfect television show: six incredibly talented actorsThis show starts off in the first four and a half minutes head and shoulders above anything else on TV now or since, and only ever goes up from there, no shark-jumps, plot reversals, or anything of that nature. Walter White knows the recipe to cook almost 100% pure crystal meth, and Vince Gilligan knows the recipe for an almost 100% perfect television show: six incredibly talented actors and actresses, 8 to 10 tactile and purposeful writers, one visionary cinematographer, and a single, unanimous vision of a small corner of lower-middle class life in Albuquerque that all these people see and follow unerringly to its bleak and deadly end. This transcends television. This is true art. Expand
  60. May 7, 2012
    Definitely my favorite TV show.
    The characters are interesting, likable, and realistic, the action scenes will leave you on the edge of your seat, and the story is one of the best on television. Definitely give the show a chance.
  61. Apr 11, 2012
    Some of the best acting on television. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul do a terrific job of portraying someone who is in a cat and mouse chase for their life. This also has some of the best writing on T.V. Breaking Bad along with the older ABC series Lost are two of the most unpredictable shows i've ever seen. This is a must see for just about anybody
  62. May 25, 2013
    La meilleure serie qu'il m'es était donnée de voir avec The Shield et Dexter les acteurs sont juste parfait la réalisation et l'intrigue parfaitement dosée un must
  63. Aug 22, 2013
    Is there a Show that can remotely compete with Breaking Bad? No... let me spell that out for you: N, O... may I add a reinforcing word before and a few exclamation marks after: HELL NO!!! ...so... there you have it.
  64. Aug 6, 2012
    I can't believe somebody can rate this one under 9. I think this one deserve most of the awards out there for its perfect acting and script writing out there. In Season 5, I can't see the old Walter anymore, character developments are amazing. I don't think we will have to wait a long time for another epic TV Show like this.
  65. Jul 27, 2012
    The best TV show I've watched in my life, and possibly will remain so for a long time. The writing is flawless and believable - it feels like you're watching a real story, taking place in reality, not a show. The characters and events progress logically and in proper time. The experience is further enhanced by brilliant, oscar deserving actors. Especially walter white, the main character,The best TV show I've watched in my life, and possibly will remain so for a long time. The writing is flawless and believable - it feels like you're watching a real story, taking place in reality, not a show. The characters and events progress logically and in proper time. The experience is further enhanced by brilliant, oscar deserving actors. Especially walter white, the main character, the man is a genius at acting, he understands emotion and character more than anybody, he moves you with his emotional interpretation of what must walter must be going through. This show is perfect as it redefines and sets a new bar for what TV series can hope to attain, with character development, acting and believability. Expand
  66. May 30, 2012
    The best show I've seen on TV. For a long time I thought there was nothing that could compare to The Wire, until I started watching Breaking Bad. The dialogue is amazing, the plot never gets boring and always keeps you on your toes. IIt has the best characthers written for TV-series ever.
  67. Jan 21, 2014
    Four months ago the last episode aired and it just occurred to me that I don't want to know what happens to Jesse afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Skyler White afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Walter Jr. afterwards. I would be perfectly happy to never see them again. Each character was tossed into the fire and there is nothing left of them but a dried outFour months ago the last episode aired and it just occurred to me that I don't want to know what happens to Jesse afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Skyler White afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Walter Jr. afterwards. I would be perfectly happy to never see them again. Each character was tossed into the fire and there is nothing left of them but a dried out husk. Not only is this the best show on television ever made, but it gives new meaning to the word "finality". Expand
  68. Jun 19, 2012
    This is the best show ever!!!! Please don't stop making them! Everyone I talk to cant wait till the next episode including me! They are already too spread out! Awesome show!!! Keep it up!!!
  69. Aug 28, 2012
    Just got the first season on dvd. Stayed up until 7 a.m. watching it and now I'm dead tired but I couldn't tear my eyes away, even from some of the talkative scenes, because this is the best TV show I have seen in . . . well, maybe ever. Bryan Cranston is everything that he is worked up to be and the rest of the cast is awesome too. I can't remember the last time I was genuinely shocked byJust got the first season on dvd. Stayed up until 7 a.m. watching it and now I'm dead tired but I couldn't tear my eyes away, even from some of the talkative scenes, because this is the best TV show I have seen in . . . well, maybe ever. Bryan Cranston is everything that he is worked up to be and the rest of the cast is awesome too. I can't remember the last time I was genuinely shocked by the direction the show turned, and also so satisfied in it. Can't wait to get the next season and supposedly it gets even better. Wow. Watch this show. It won't disappoint, not even for a second. Expand
  70. Aug 12, 2012
    The best show on AMC by far, ( I still love ya Walking Dead, and Hell on Wheels), but hell! It's the best show on TV PERIOD! And it's sad, but expected sense these shows can't last forever (looking at Dexter), that it's ending soon. :(
  71. Jun 24, 2013
    "Better call Saul!"

This show is the epitome of an anti-hero story in a recession era society.
    Watch if you have a brain or enjoy good t.v. drama.

Don't forget, they aren't rocks.. they are 'minerals'.
  72. Jul 16, 2012
    looking back at this season having watched four seasons and this is just a teaser of all of the amazing things to come...this is the weakest season of this show and that is sad because it is still better than 95% of the other crap that is on tv.
  73. Jul 16, 2012
    I don't know how this only has a 74 rating. Best show on Tv hands down. One of, if not the the best show to ever grace television. The acting is fantastic, not just Bryan Cranston, the whole cast is wonderful. Give this wonderful show a chance
  74. Aug 27, 2012
    A true masterpiece and a brilliant performance from Bryan Cranston, not to forget Aaron Paul and Jonathan Banks . Not a coincidence that many people that weren't used to watch tv series do not miss an episode of this show. The only thing that bothers me is that an Emmy or a Golden Globe, do not have the glamour of an Oscar (copying from wikipedia "The series has won four Emmy Awards
  75. Sep 9, 2012
    Well paced and some great plot twists make this show the one of the best currently running. The constantly changing character development of Walter complimented by the deep characteristics shown in Jesse make this show interesting to almost anyone
  76. Sep 13, 2012
    Breaking Bad is quite possibly the best series I have ever watched. It is so well made. Every character is interesting and the chemistry between Jesse and Walt is fantastic. The "bad guys" are also well created with strong personality. When the series ends, I will watch them all again.
  77. Nov 26, 2012
    Instantly gripping show. I really am excited to see how this progresses. Love Bryan Cranston, there's a surprising moment in pretty much every episode.
  78. Jun 10, 2013
    In my opinion the weakest season of the series, starts out a little slow. But halfway through it picks up strong. Acting is brilliant specifically Cranston and Paul. -8/10
  79. Mar 20, 2013
    Breaking Bad will end up being one of the greatest shows ever shown on TV. The 7 episode first season has a different feel from the rest of the show; the always prevalent humor is at its strongest here as the Jesse/Walt dynamic is working itself out. It starts off with a bang in the Pilot and only lets down for a couple of episodes in the middle of the season to develop its characters.Breaking Bad will end up being one of the greatest shows ever shown on TV. The 7 episode first season has a different feel from the rest of the show; the always prevalent humor is at its strongest here as the Jesse/Walt dynamic is working itself out. It starts off with a bang in the Pilot and only lets down for a couple of episodes in the middle of the season to develop its characters. While this does slow the overall pace, these episodes were absolutely crucial. The greatest aspect of the show might have to be its undeniable unpredictability, highlighted by the extremely volatile Tuco introduced towards the end. Must watch! 9.1/10 Expand
  80. Feb 19, 2013
    The genius of Breaking Bad is that it is believable. The acting is top notch (RJ Mitte, who plays Walter's son is incredible!) This is everything that makes the arts great. I love this show.
  81. Feb 22, 2013
    Breaking Bad with his great cast, beautiful storytelling and amazing direction, involves the audience in a thrilling plot from the first to the last episode, telling the story of an ordinary and repressed family man that becomes a drug lord in seek for redemption from his miserable life. The quality of the acting and the representation are at their bests and the soundtrack is the perfectBreaking Bad with his great cast, beautiful storytelling and amazing direction, involves the audience in a thrilling plot from the first to the last episode, telling the story of an ordinary and repressed family man that becomes a drug lord in seek for redemption from his miserable life. The quality of the acting and the representation are at their bests and the soundtrack is the perfect guide through Walter White's changes.
    Surely the best drama series ever shot, deserves a full 10/10.
  82. Jan 2, 2014
    The first season starts well, with a great storyline characters interesting. Cm sure Breaking Bad is one of the best series ever made in recent decades.
  83. Apr 18, 2014
    The beginning of something special. From the first second of this story to the last, it owns you. There is not a dull moment throughout. To put it simply, this is just the first of five incredible seasons.
  84. Jun 6, 2013
    Breaking Bad is insanely good! The first 7 episodes serve no other purpose but to set up what's to come in future seasons. But as a sort of prologue, interestingly, Breaking Bad is highly engaging and addictive all the while. Excellent performances, strong direction, interesting storylines with great potential, great tone and moods, and a surprising amount of humor make Breaking Bad one ofBreaking Bad is insanely good! The first 7 episodes serve no other purpose but to set up what's to come in future seasons. But as a sort of prologue, interestingly, Breaking Bad is highly engaging and addictive all the while. Excellent performances, strong direction, interesting storylines with great potential, great tone and moods, and a surprising amount of humor make Breaking Bad one of the absolute best things on television, hands down. Expand
  85. Jun 1, 2014
    Yeah It's that good. 150 characters worthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  86. May 16, 2014
    My favorite TV series to date. A downfall story told over a period of time with everything in between. An epic downfall with hapy endings not included.
  87. Jan 24, 2013
    Breaking Bad is the best show on television, and Season 1 is the greatness that started it off. It really demonstrates the beginning of Walter White's story, and it perfectly demonstrates his complexity and beginnings.
  88. Jan 29, 2013
    This is the best show ever! It's amazing how the writers can take their time unveiling the story line and still give the viewer a payoff every week. Keep watching for the huge payoffs in the season finales that may just blow your mind! It makes The Sopranos look like a Hallmark special. Okay maybe I sound over the top there, but honestly--I loved The Sopranos. But, Breaking Bad is inThis is the best show ever! It's amazing how the writers can take their time unveiling the story line and still give the viewer a payoff every week. Keep watching for the huge payoffs in the season finales that may just blow your mind! It makes The Sopranos look like a Hallmark special. Okay maybe I sound over the top there, but honestly--I loved The Sopranos. But, Breaking Bad is in another league that no other show can compete with, in my opinion. Believe me I've looked for those other shows. We are in the Golden Age of television right now. There are some great choices like the Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Dexter, Homeland and a few others. I like these shows. They range from very good to excellent. The only thing they have going against them is they came during the Breaking Bad era. Terrible timing! Really. The show is just the one that IS better (waayyy better!) From the writing to the acting, the casting and the people who design the sets--all the little details do make a huge difference. It is so deeply layered. I seen all 54 episodes, from season 1 thru 5A, 4 times. And some of them I've seen close to six times. I haven't been able to re-watch a show or a movie like that since I was 10 years old. How can I describe the drama?...well it builds up slowly like a good baseball game, a pitcher's duel--except where baseball can be incredibly boring at times, Breaking Bad intensely engages you from the 1st pitch until your favorite player finally steps to the plate and knocks one over the center field wall! Man, I hope that baseball analogy lands right.
    You notice I'm telling you nothing about the show. Someone tried telling me about it. I ended waiting way to long to tune in. If you're like I was, forget the premise or what you think it's about! Just watch it. If you need me to tell you to keep watching after say episode 5 or 6, go to your doctor and get checked for low blood pressure or a missing sense of taste. By season 2 you might think it doesn't get any better than this. Well, you're wrong. Watch season 3. You'll find out why. By season 4 you may come to accept a certain level of excellence. You won't be upset! Season 5A was awesome! It was also cruel because now I'm about halfway through a cliffhanger that won't end until July 2013, when the last 8 episodes will air. That's my one complaint. It's too good to leave it's viewers for 10 months at a time. Luckily for you, the Breaking Bad newbie, you won't have to live with that pain. It all comes to an end in September of this year!
    If I haven't sold you yet...it's your loss! But, seriously, Enjoy the show. I wish I were you right now. It was an amazing experience seeing this show the 1st time around. Thanks Vince Gilligan! You are a genius. And Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are the best duo in showbiz history!
  89. Feb 1, 2013
    Totally awesome show! You never know what's going to happen next. I've been hooked on this show since it first started. I can't wait for Season 6!!!!!
  90. Jul 7, 2013
    Wait...Hal what are you doing in Breaking Bad? No seriously...the first three episodes made it for me. Amazing acting and believable Story. Okay, the show is a little slow, but the acting of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul is brilliant. The best show I've seen on TV in years.
  91. Feb 6, 2013
    A classic that is incredibly acted, very well scripted, shot, and produced. Extremely addictive plot that doesn't require cliffhangers to keep interest. Unique format with intro segments that are shown out of context.

Pacing seems to be intentionally off in some episodes, perhaps to contrast with extremely stressful pacing most of the time. One of those shows you wish you could forget and watch all over again, forever.
  92. Mar 14, 2013
    good show, to write a show where the main character is so unlikeable but yet so damn watchable is a great effort. reminds me in that regard of vic mackay on the shield. love to hate them. season 5 feels a little clumsy. but will be worthwhile if the writers find the right ending. like to point out how badly sopranos ended, and also how f#$%ing brilliantly the shield ends. as long asgood show, to write a show where the main character is so unlikeable but yet so damn watchable is a great effort. reminds me in that regard of vic mackay on the shield. love to hate them. season 5 feels a little clumsy. but will be worthwhile if the writers find the right ending. like to point out how badly sopranos ended, and also how f#$%ing brilliantly the shield ends. as long as walter gets what he deserves in the end i will probably be very satisfied Expand
  93. Oct 28, 2013
    Gangsta mothaf**ka! Breaking Bad is currently one of the best tv shows running. Bryan Cranston from the awful Malcolm in the Middle is back on a meth ride with his new show Breaking Bad. First of all, this is a meth show, so ya know don't expect Cranston killing chickens. Plz. This is THE BEST TV SHOW ever made. I love it to death. Guns, batches of drugs and meth lords. Breaking bad rocks.
  94. Apr 16, 2014
    When you first hear from people "Breaking Bad will change your life." You find it extremely hard to believe, it seems like a good show, but overhyped by the fans of the show. Nope. Breaking Bad is potentially the best written show ever put to the small screen. Vince Gilligan clearly demonstrates his skills in writing making these empathetic but also despicable characters. Their bitternessWhen you first hear from people "Breaking Bad will change your life." You find it extremely hard to believe, it seems like a good show, but overhyped by the fans of the show. Nope. Breaking Bad is potentially the best written show ever put to the small screen. Vince Gilligan clearly demonstrates his skills in writing making these empathetic but also despicable characters. Their bitterness towards each other makes them feel even more real. In terms of performance, everyone is superb. Who would have thought the man who was once known as being in Power Rangers a few times and Malcom's dad from Malcom in the middle would become probably the most inspirational but also pitiful characters ever. Aaron Paul also does a great job as Jesse. Deserves every bit of praise if gets. Expand
  95. Feb 28, 2013
    A great TV-series that just gets better and better as the seasons pass by. It's one of those rare series that has got it all: great acting, great characters, suspense, humour, purpose and a lot more that makes it one of the best series to date. Bryan Cranston is nothing but amazing in the leading role and the chemistry between him and co-star Aaron Paul is definitely sparkling. AndA great TV-series that just gets better and better as the seasons pass by. It's one of those rare series that has got it all: great acting, great characters, suspense, humour, purpose and a lot more that makes it one of the best series to date. Bryan Cranston is nothing but amazing in the leading role and the chemistry between him and co-star Aaron Paul is definitely sparkling. And something that makes Breaking Bad special is that it regularly puts its characters in ethically difficult situations. Expand
  96. lox
    Dec 10, 2013
    Undoubtedly one of my most favorite TV series ever, Breaking Bad is masterful. The cast is just so well put together in my opinion, every role was given to the definitive actor to play it. The premise is that Walter White, a troubled family man and chemistry teacher diagnosed with lung cancer develops a crazed fail-safe to enter the grim and violent world of drugs to make lots of dough soUndoubtedly one of my most favorite TV series ever, Breaking Bad is masterful. The cast is just so well put together in my opinion, every role was given to the definitive actor to play it. The premise is that Walter White, a troubled family man and chemistry teacher diagnosed with lung cancer develops a crazed fail-safe to enter the grim and violent world of drugs to make lots of dough so that he can secure his family's financial future in case he passes away. But, soon he realizes that even if he becomes cured, the drug world will pose as a new life threat, not only to himself, but to his entire family.

I watched four seasons of Breaking Bad in less than a week..that just shows how much in love I fell with this show. The first season had a little bit of a slow start and felt kind of disjointed in certain areas, but it did a great job in introducing the audience to Walter White. I did not give up on the entire series solely because of season one because I knew that it was going to pick up, and only get better. And boy, was I right. This show has so many tense moments it's unreal. One moment of the series in particular, had me in a nervous wreck, and that is the sequence when Hank Schrader is in the parking lot of a grocery store about to be attacked by the two freakishly intimidating cartel gun men(Tuco Salamanca's cousins). Man, did this moment have me at the edge of my seat. There are many more moments in this series that had me in a nervous wreck as well, but for sake of giving a brief review, I will just say that the shows is filled with tense moments.

Not one actor in this show disappointed me. I feel that everyone was properly and correctly cast. I can't see anyone else playing Walter White than Bryan Cranston. The same goes for Aaron Paul, who does fantastic in his portrayal of a young, brash, hardheaded and sometimes youngster Jesse Pinkman. As for the supporting cast, they were all great in my opinion too. Anna Gunn sure has the talent to play a wife who is almost always a thorn to the side of Walter. I notice her character gets a lot of hate, and for me, that just shows that Anna Gunn is doing something right. R.J. Mitte, who unfortunately like his character, Walter Jr, suffers from cerebral palsy in real life, does a great job as the teenage son of the White's. To wrap up my opinion on the characters of this show, I must say that they were all relevant and memorable. Characters like Gus Fring, Mike Ehrmantraut, Saul Goodman and many others are, for lack of a better word, memorable.

Overall, Breaking Bad is a superbly crafted crime thriller packed with excitement and suspense, overall good pacing, and a great cast.

Season 1 rating 8/10

Season 2 rating 9/10

Season 3 rating 10/10

Season 4 rating 9/10

Season 5 rating 8/10

Final Season rating 9/10
  97. Nov 23, 2013
    I've started watch the show after all the hype it's has been receiving, and I got to say, I understand why. The story is pure intensity, the protagonist is probably the most interesting character I've seen in television. One of the only problems I can think of as of right now, is that there is some really annoying characters.
  98. Mar 1, 2013
    One of the best shows in the history of television. AMC has really come on strong with some of their original programming, this and The Walking Dead are really excellent. Bryan Cranston is amazing and such a badass in this, coming over from Malcolm in the Middle who knew he had it in him. Haven't seen it? What are you waiting for? I got the blu rays for Seasons 1-3 and will be getting theOne of the best shows in the history of television. AMC has really come on strong with some of their original programming, this and The Walking Dead are really excellent. Bryan Cranston is amazing and such a badass in this, coming over from Malcolm in the Middle who knew he had it in him. Haven't seen it? What are you waiting for? I got the blu rays for Seasons 1-3 and will be getting the rest in time. Expand
  99. Jul 9, 2013
    I will keep this as simple as possible. I personally love the show. Great story. Great acting. Great plot. A lot of tension and twists and turns. I'm looking forward to the final episodes. If you like dark humor, give this a shot.
  100. Apr 3, 2013
    I would have expected the critical reception for this show to be better. Breaking Bad is arguably the best show on television right now. I could tell you why, but your time would be better spent watching the show than listening to the reasons that I liked it.

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.