Breaking Bad : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.2

1. Dec 7, 2013
    Absolute BEST TV show of all time. The show is a work of art and will be known forever. It is the Mona Lisa of the t.v. industry. It is full of symbolism and deep meaning. Should be watched by anyone who enjoy good television work.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    The first season starts Breaking Bad off with a bang, and the intentionally dark nature and constant plot twists make you want to keep watching. Cranston and Paul make a perfectly contrasting pair, and as a result watching the smallest arguments between them is entertaining.
  3. Dec 22, 2013
    One of the BEST shows I've ever watched. I don't get into television much but this was worth following. The first TV show I ever felt sad when a character died and where I was on the edge of my seat.

I wish my memory could be wiped so I could re-live watching it again.

Overall, the BEST television show I ever saw and definitely surpasses shows like Dexter and The Walking Dead.
  4. Jan 29, 2014
    It's a good series overall. They portray meth-heads pretty well, and at times it's so spot-on that it's painful to watch. One gripe I have is that it fails to break away from that typical family-drama that's in just about everything. I don't care whether the wife is upset, get down to business and cook that meth! Some of that drama was really, really pointless in context (ex: husband is aIt's a good series overall. They portray meth-heads pretty well, and at times it's so spot-on that it's painful to watch. One gripe I have is that it fails to break away from that typical family-drama that's in just about everything. I don't care whether the wife is upset, get down to business and cook that meth! Some of that drama was really, really pointless in context (ex: husband is a meth cook for christ's sake, and he gets **** out when he comes home to dinner late? come on.) Just about every character's a prick or a douchebag and extremely hatable. Quite honestly I don't know if it's a good or bad thing for others; for me I had to take a break every now and then because I wanted to kick most of these people throughout the series, with the exception of Jesse. It's a title my dad picked up though, and the last time he watched anything on TV is the Super Bowl or some obscure 70's show from his childhood, so that's saying a lot. Expand
  5. Dec 23, 2013
    Bryan Cranston is a hell of an actor! His performance is absolutely amazing! Best show ever! Since first episode I knew it was going to be good but it turned to be a fantastic, amazing show! This is a must-see!
  6. Jan 15, 2014
    There's no escaping it. This is simply the best show ever put on TV. Whilst many may find Season One to be quite slow, Seasons Two through Five entirely justify the hype.
  7. Jan 17, 2014
    i dont know why some disliked the show. it was soo much personal that one got to sync soo much with the characters that it felt like a real life story being retold on tv. I hoe there is a very dramatic spinoff that will continue the magic
  8. Aug 8, 2015
    The acting is perfect, the character progression is intelligent and astounding to see. The twists of every episode are exciting and unexpected. It's the greatest TV show ever released, if you don't like it... How do I put this... You're very oblivious
  9. Jan 18, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the best TV show out there. Great acting, great sound effects and one of the greatest stories made into a TV show because it is like no other similar to it out there unlike for example detective type TV shows.
  10. Jan 19, 2014
    Simply put, fantastic.

I've seen all seasons and am now feeling serious withdrawal symptoms. It's a depressing fact knowing that it's finished and won't ever see another new episode. This is testament to it's sheer brilliance though. Cranston has come a long way since 'Malcolm in the middle'. This show forced him right up through a long list of great actors and I can safely say that
    Simply put, fantastic.

Cranston has come a long way since 'Malcolm in the middle'. This show forced him right up through a long list of great actors and I can safely say that he's up there for good, as one of the greats.

Watch this now.
  11. Apr 12, 2014
    Breaking Bad and meth have many similarities. There both extremely addicting. Will make you scratch your skin and eyes. Will take your feelings and rape them till you are forced to fall in love with it. And when that day comes that your no longer hooked on BB you will get them memories that Will pop in your head and make you think......... (is Walter White really dead?)
  12. Jan 22, 2014
    Would you be Randy Pausch or Walter White? If you are a BB fan, and you are not familiar with Pausch's "The Last Lecture," I strongly recommend you read Lecture to compare and contrast two very different approaches to a problem. To be sure, fiction v. non-fiction is not a fair fight. Nevertheless, I find these two works a thought provoking juxtaposition.
  13. Jan 24, 2014
    I really don't have the words to describe how awesome Breaking Bad was, i mean, in what way we can describe so much reality in so little time? Walter is a chemistry teacher who is tired of most of the things he missed in his life and then he turns out to be the perfect "outlaw" to do something he never imagined doing. Making drugs, cooking meth, getting real money in something that he'sI really don't have the words to describe how awesome Breaking Bad was, i mean, in what way we can describe so much reality in so little time? Walter is a chemistry teacher who is tired of most of the things he missed in his life and then he turns out to be the perfect "outlaw" to do something he never imagined doing. Making drugs, cooking meth, getting real money in something that he's really talented, it's quite amazing the way all the parts of the plot get together in the end, it's hands down one of the best TV series ever made. I could watch Breaking Bad over and over again and wouldn't get bored. It deserves a incredible 10/10. Expand
  14. Jan 31, 2014
    The first season was pretty good. It especially got me hooked with the season finale and Bryan Cranston's performance is just OMG! It was a bit slow, because of the build up, but it all pays off in the later seasons.
  15. Mar 26, 2014
    Absolutely Astonishing. Breaking bad left me speechless---because their are no words to describe the show. Amazing. Breaking bad is the best television show that has ever been placed on television by anyone. You will find nothing like it----nothing compares to it. If Breaking Bad was made for universal domination beyond every single TV show that has transpired from the very beginning, itAbsolutely Astonishing. Breaking bad left me speechless---because their are no words to describe the show. Amazing. Breaking bad is the best television show that has ever been placed on television by anyone. You will find nothing like it----nothing compares to it. If Breaking Bad was made for universal domination beyond every single TV show that has transpired from the very beginning, it has done it. And done in the most perfectly executed way imaginable. Nothing in history will come close the the brilliance that is Breaking Bad. Ever. Expand
  16. Feb 16, 2014
    It's just a beautiful show, and I fell in love with it from the very first series. It's just a masterpiece! More there is nothing to say. Unequivocally the best TV series ever.
  17. Feb 24, 2014
    I did not want to watch this when it was running weekly, thought it sounded stupid, but my daughter signed us up for Netflix, saw it on there on a Thursday, watched the pilot.....hooked, just watched the final episode on Monday night. Yes, I need a life, but I was mesmerized. I could be critical of a few things here and there, but chose to let it take me, and what a rush. Dexter, BB, notI did not want to watch this when it was running weekly, thought it sounded stupid, but my daughter signed us up for Netflix, saw it on there on a Thursday, watched the pilot.....hooked, just watched the final episode on Monday night. Yes, I need a life, but I was mesmerized. I could be critical of a few things here and there, but chose to let it take me, and what a rush. Dexter, BB, not sure which I'd take to desert isle. Expand
  18. Feb 18, 2016
    Whoever gives this show a bad review, is am imbecile in my book. This is one of the best TV shows of all time. It is a piece of art. A classic. I love this show!
  19. Jul 9, 2014
    Хоть начало сногсшибательной криминальной драмы и может показаться достаточно унылым, стоит помнить, что самый сок еще впереди.
  20. Mar 13, 2014
    Without a doubt a cult classic. A show that has both humour and dark, shocking, unexpected moments in perfect timing. Fantastic actors, interesting characters with real personalities. Very few series come close to this. Deserves no less than a 10.
  21. Mar 18, 2014
    O Breaking Bad, you are but a splendid concoction of shameless grit, dark wit, phenomenal acting, dynamic male AND female characters, fast paced action and pensive, subtle reflection, all simmering together in the same deliciously debauched stew.
  22. Mar 21, 2014
    A victim of the hype train, Breaking Bad never quite lives up to the expectations thrust upon you by the media, your friends, family and their pets. Though the story is often at times gripping, there are too many episodes which fail to push the narrative forward in any meaningful way. I also take issue with the fact that the most relatable character is a sociopath, and that there areA victim of the hype train, Breaking Bad never quite lives up to the expectations thrust upon you by the media, your friends, family and their pets. Though the story is often at times gripping, there are too many episodes which fail to push the narrative forward in any meaningful way. I also take issue with the fact that the most relatable character is a sociopath, and that there are awkward moments where you actively root for him to do the wrong thing / commit serious crimes simply out of spite towards some of the more terrible cast (Marie is high on my all time list of most annoying characters). It's not The Wire, but it's certainly worth watching if you have a few weeks of down time, as this isn't really the sort of show that benefits from marathon watching. Expand
  23. Mar 26, 2014
    Without question the best show that's ever been on TV - prove me wrong. I'm sure Dexter's Michael C. Hall watched the finale and said "Oh **** so that's how you do it"

24. Mar 27, 2014
    Im not going to deny that Breaking Bad can be slowly some times and some things it´s not very realistic (little things really), but you can't avoid fell in love of some characters and their struggles. Breaking bad never fails me in a shocking-final-unexpected moment and it´s a show worth watching.
  25. Mar 31, 2014
    This is the best show I have ever watched and I believe this series will be the classic of our generation. Credit to the writers, the producers and most importantly the actors, especially Bryan Cranston & Aaron Paul. If you haven't watched it WATCH IT !!!!!
  26. Apr 4, 2014
    Breaking bad is very phenomenal. Works quite the emotional side while tense. The final ta getting electrifying! Which by the way in all the episodes from beginning to end!
  27. May 7, 2014
    This was the best show on TV, in my life time (and I am in my mid 40's), EVER. Really...really recommend it to everyone. A real "page turner". Deserves much more then a 9.4 user rating.
  28. May 12, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the best TV series of all time. Fantastic story, all episodes are extraordinary. Love this series, and am a big fan. Breaking Bad is **** Epic series!!!!!!!!!!
  29. May 13, 2014
    Normally when I hear about the next big American TV show, I think "oh no, here we go again". But you know what, I am absolutely stunned by how incredible Breaking Bad truly is. Superb actors and an incredible story from start to finish. My only regret is not being able to rate Breaking Bad above 10.
  30. Mar 29, 2015
    Breaking Bad is the best TV show we are ever going to get. Perfect Writing, Perfect Casting, Perfect Story. Everything about this show is awesome, there is only 1 slightly meh episode in my opinion and it's the Fly one in season 3. Everything else is LEGENDARY.

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.