- Starring: Kazuyuki Sogabe, Kenyuu Horiuchi, Ken'ichi Ogata
- Summary: Bubblegum Crisis is the story of four mercenaries, called the Knight Sabers, living in Tokyo in the year 2033. After a massive earthquake destroyed much of Tokyo, a new city, MegaTokyo, was recreated thanks to the aid of a multi-million dollar company, GENOM Corp. GENOM created andBubblegum Crisis is the story of four mercenaries, called the Knight Sabers, living in Tokyo in the year 2033. After a massive earthquake destroyed much of Tokyo, a new city, MegaTokyo, was recreated thanks to the aid of a multi-million dollar company, GENOM Corp. GENOM created and mass-produced biomechanical creatures called Boomers to aid in the restoration of MegaTokyo. However, the Boomers soon began to go out of control. Thus, the ADPolice stepped up to fend them off. The Boomers probed to be too much for them to handle, and the Knight Sabers where born! Siding with neither the ADPolice nor GENOM, the Knight Sabers simply fight for money and safety.The series began airing on AOL's online streaming service on May 2, 2007.The original eight episode OVA series was cut short due to production complications. Luckily, soon after it's completion a follow up three episode OVA was created called Bubblegum Crash. The series was also remade in 1998 and called Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040.… Expand
- Genre(s): Animation, Drama, Action & Adventure, Suspense, Science Fiction
- Creator: Toshimichi Suzuki
- Show Type: Ended
- Season 1 premiere date: Feb 25, 1987
- Episode Length: 30
- Air Time: 12:00 AM
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 0 out of
Mixed: 0 out of
Negative: 0 out of
Positive: 1 out of 1
Mixed: 0 out of 1
Negative: 0 out of 1
Jun 21, 2014Bubblegum Crisis: 7 out of 10: Hot chicks, giant robots, and evil corporations fill every frame of Bubblegum Crisis as does some surprisinglyBubblegum Crisis: 7 out of 10: Hot chicks, giant robots, and evil corporations fill every frame of Bubblegum Crisis as does some surprisingly catchy Eighties tunes.
Bubblegum Crisis much like Akira or Macross is one of those Anime that separate the thirty something Anime fans from this year's crop of snot nosed wannabees. When you think Japanese cartoons do you think Pokemon or shower scenes. Do you think irritating children or kick ass adults. Do your favorite plots involve the little kids defeating the big evil corporation or adults facing economic hardship and self sacrifice. Bubblegum crisis is an Anime of the latter.
As I settle into my damn kids today voice and distaste for every over hyped, rapid cut seizure inducing, saccharine piece of crap that passes for entertainment these days. (I'm looking your way Cartoon Network). I can sit back and watch full grown woman destroy some boomers (as well as half of Tokyo) and reminisce about my childhood when cartoon characters swore and every battle was followed by a gratuitous nude scene.
Is Bubblegum Crisis as good as I remember it? No. The episodes are not connected well and vary in quality. Some of the dubbing is dubious and the live action music videos contained in the extras are simply painful.
Does it both allow me to relieve my childhood and look down upon kids today? You betcha.… Expand