• Network: CBS
Season #: 1, 2
8.6

1. erollins
    Sep 28, 2007
    didn't live up to expectations
  2. VanesaM.
    Jun 27, 2008
    I love this show. not too many shows that I looked forward to, but this one was one that I would not miss seeing. Love the cast, Hope it comes back.
  3. ElsieM
    Jun 25, 2008
    I loved this series, enjoyed the plot and the suspense and hope to see it back in the fall!
  4. ZeldaR
    Jan 20, 2008
    What happened to this show? I looked forward to watching it each week. Jimmy Smits is perfect playing this character. His character is a mix of good and bad but Smits is so likable that you keep hoping he'll get it right. Bring it back.
  5. PaulaC
    Oct 9, 2007
    Excellent production... the cast unique!!! Wonderful! The drama is really interesting
  6. Imendez
    Oct 10, 2007
    I really don't like to watch TV shows and I love this one.
  7. AndreaB.
    Nov 20, 2007
    I love this tv show .it is my favorite show..Jimmy Smits is the best he make the show . He is so hot..can hardly wait till the next week to see what is going to happen.
  8. NormaV
    Nov 28, 2007
    Love the show. Jimmy Smits is outstanding. Very good series. Look forward to Tuesdays nights! We are addicted! Have not missed an episode and will continue. Great Work Cast!
  9. Catherine
    Oct 17, 2007
    Love Jimmy Smits but the big problem with this show is NO WOMEN. No interesting women, anyway. They're just mothers and wives. Polly Walker should be a villianess but she's just bland, slipping in and out of her British accent. They need to cast a really hot woman to come in and stir things up.
  10. Todden
    Nov 7, 2007
    Oh my oh my... Absolutely great acting and writing. Refreshing to see a well written show with great acting instead of these stupid reality shows, which show no brains in writing or acting. Luv ya Jimmy!
  11. AidelinaG.
    Oct 18, 2007
    People are not giving it a chance I think the show is great, great cast, great scenery, great music. I love the brothely love conflict and Alex doing whatever it takes for his family.I think maybe the writters are holding back in reactions of the viewers I would have loved this show on HBO because their there is no limitations.I hope the writers step up the game like the first eppy and People are not giving it a chance I think the show is great, great cast, great scenery, great music. I love the brothely love conflict and Alex doing whatever it takes for his family.I think maybe the writters are holding back in reactions of the viewers I would have loved this show on HBO because their there is no limitations.I hope the writers step up the game like the first eppy and son't let this cast go to waste this is a great cast and if the writer play it right they will have a hit. My Tuesday nights at 10 are for Cane. Expand
  12. MarisaV.
    Oct 20, 2007
    I think there is so many latinos that like and understand the show that not only will survive but It "ll be a classic.
  13. AnthonyB.
    Oct 30, 2007
    Love the show. Would rather see it at 9:00 though.
  14. Peteralan
    Oct 3, 2007
    My tuesday nights will never be same. Great show.
  15. neizasuarez
    Oct 3, 2007
    I really like this one!!!
  16. Anthonyborrego
    This show ROCKS!!!!!
  17. Len
    Oct 7, 2007
    Slow and boring.
  18. BrendaS.
    Sep 26, 2007
    It was a little hard to follow the story, so I'll give the show a couple more chances. There are some great parts though - The Latin theme and the beautiful cast.
  19. halb
    Sep 26, 2007
    The pilot was very uneven, all over the place in terms of pace and backstory... like it was trying to do too much at once. However, the cast is generally excellent and so this one could hook many viewers over time. We'll see.
  20. LynnS
    Jan 3, 2008
    Love this show.True drama,loyalty,suspense.Always eager to watch this every Tuesday.
  21. CharleneM
    Jan 3, 2008
    Cane is one of the best show on television and do hope it will return.
  22. MistiF
    Jan 9, 2008
    I wait each week to watch the show. It is an evening soap similar to Dallas but with an ethnic touch. I love it!
  23. ElizabethJ.
    Feb 13, 2008
    I love this new show, i am a huge fan of Jimmy Smits. I am addicted to this new show. I can't wait to see where they go from here. I am dying to know who really killed Samuels, I love Ken Howard, he is especially venomous in this show. Too bad he's dead, but I think he deserved it. I am so wrapped up in this show that I can't wait to see what happens next. please tell me I love this new show, i am a huge fan of Jimmy Smits. I am addicted to this new show. I can't wait to see where they go from here. I am dying to know who really killed Samuels, I love Ken Howard, he is especially venomous in this show. Too bad he's dead, but I think he deserved it. I am so wrapped up in this show that I can't wait to see what happens next. please tell me when the show will be airing next. I won't be watching CBS on Tuesday night all if Cane is not one of my choices. Expand
  24. KevinO.
    Feb 25, 2008
    Is it coming back.
  25. KarmiiaS.
    May 14, 2008
    Cane was an awesome show.I looked forward to Tuesday nights. I have never watched the stupid show Shark.
  26. PatI.
    May 18, 2008
    Cane was one of the best shows on TV. Bring It back. Who was evaluating this series? Everyone I know loved it!
  27. RoseM.
    Nov 1, 2007
    I love it - Jimmy Smits looks better than ever. I have watched all three soaps- Dallas - Dynasty and Sopranos - I think this is more a Latin Sopranos than anything else. Keep it coming :)
  28. StellaH.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Great show!
  29. charlesw.
    Oct 10, 2007
    very good show.
  30. DavidP.
    Nov 20, 2007
    The best show that has been on in a long time .need more of them then the reality shows. Hope cane stays around for a long time...love that show
  31. MarcieB.
    Nov 20, 2007
    The show is the best ever. keep up the good work and the shows coming Luv Jimmy Smits he is great.
  32. KathyC.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Love the show. I don't miss show for anything. Wonderful cast and Jimmy Smits is the greatest.
  33. DavidC.
    Oct 15, 2007
    Terrific casting. Nice to see a Spanish cast and plausible storyline. Tuesday nights are now alive.
  34. LaurieD.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Fabulous show. I never watch network programming as it has nothing compared to Cable...until now that is. I love Jimmy Smits and the cast. I do not miss this show for anything. I'm addicted!! I hope it has a long run. I was glad to see the actress that played on ROME she is fabulous!!
  35. ChrisO.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Awesome- the best show on television. Shows talents in both acting and writing. A refreshing change. We needed something like Cane.
  36. LynnM.
    Nov 7, 2007
    The best! Jimmy is great and soooooooooooo handsome!
  37. CeceS.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Love it! I only watch 3 shows a week and this is one of them!!!
  38. SriM.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Great casting. Nice story. And super guest-stars.
  39. MorganH.
    Dec 11, 2007
    We think this is one of the best shows of 2007. We wait each week to see the next installment. All the actors are great!!
  40. GelcyC.
    Dec 12, 2007
    The best drama TV show in a long time...no more reality TV shows. Wonderful cast!
  41. kouilm
    Dec 18, 2007
    Best show since the sopranos!!!!
  42. ReneeA.
    Dec 26, 2007
    Good story line. This show is a keeper.
  43. DeeDeeD.
    Oct 24, 2007
    This show has great potential! I love the excitement and fact that this is a brand new show focused on a Latino family speaks volumes. Its the new "Sopranos" for me. I'm hooked!
  44. KonradD.
    Dec 4, 2007
    One of the best series I have seen recently.
  45. NanaB.
    Oct 31, 2007
    Great show! I love it. Love the fact that it is in Spanish and English for those who speak only one or both languages. The best actor on the show is the one who plays "Santo." He really plays his part well. Who is he and what is his background?
  46. JanceJ.
    Oct 31, 2007
    A waste of a good cast. Not interested in a remake of Dallas in Miami watching someone play with a cigar and prance in his kingdom
  47. yiliameldridge
    Oct 3, 2007
    Thank you CBS!!!! This is the best show ever in America. I cant wait till next tuesday. Keep up the good show.
  48. janyElias
    Oct 3, 2007
    I love every thing about this one. Thank you CBS.
  49. alexismiller
    Oct 6, 2007
    I love Jimmy Smits. This show is one of my new favorites.
  50. valh.
    Oct 9, 2007
    HATE IT!! Jimmy smits must of needed new extention to his house or something. This show is a mess,couldn't follow any one thing . This family is loaded with marble sprinkler statues outside.Every room is a different spicy color. They have more sit downs than the U.N. but what are they talking about. The scenes are old Godfather. They're giving us the Latin sopranos. I guess its HATE IT!! Jimmy smits must of needed new extention to his house or something. This show is a mess,couldn't follow any one thing . This family is loaded with marble sprinkler statues outside.Every room is a different spicy color. They have more sit downs than the U.N. but what are they talking about. The scenes are old Godfather. They're giving us the Latin sopranos. I guess its something that Jimmy smits wanted to try. I think its a bomb - its going down, It was boring. Everybody walking around in suits lookin shifty. Ho Hum. Expand
  51. JacklynB
    Oct 9, 2007
    This show is unwatchable! It's horrible! I wonder if CBS will leave it on the air forever like they did "Yes Dear"? I hated that show but it's better than Cain!
  52. NikkiM
    Oct 9, 2007
    Amazing show. Everyone who thinks they know what Cuban people are supposed to look like should watch this show. It needs to stick around for the Latino viewers!
  53. SueB
    Sep 25, 2007
    I saw the premiere episode and it was better than I expected - kind of like DALLAS but set in Florida with rum, sugarcane and feuding families, jealous siblings and tonight, a murder...
  54. RichB.
    Sep 27, 2007
    Excellent show. Great cast headed my Jimmy Smits one of the best actors on TV.
  55. AnonymousMC
    Sep 28, 2007
    absolutly loved this show, best new show on tv since nypd
  56. JuliaM
    Jan 14, 2008
    Well written, awesome cast, wish it would continue FOREVER... When is its next showing.
  57. JohnM.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Looking forward to see the show. I just don't know why is not being aired anymore, anyone? Hope it comes back soon.
  58. MaryA
    Jan 4, 2008
    Best Show I have seen in awhile.
  59. TTran
    Feb 12, 2008
    Absolutely amazing show, started off pretty exciting, but got even more intense towards the end, and now its just really intense waiting for what will happen next.
  60. FayeB.
    Feb 15, 2008
    This is the best show on any T V Network!!!!!! Jimmy Smits is one of the most talented actors I have seen in many years. The writers of this series are Great!!!!!! Bring it back!!!!!!!
  61. LaurieP.
    Feb 19, 2008
    This is a great show, I haven't missed an episode. Fabulous cast, an interesting & colorful drama.
  62. SuzieJ.
    Feb 6, 2008
    I loved this show. Bring it back!!! The cast is great and its great to see Hector Elizondro in his el jefe role.
  63. CarolI.
    Apr 28, 2008
    My husband and I both enjoyed the show cane we looked forward to Tuesday night we are very disappointed that it has not returned.
  64. VeronicaG.
    Apr 3, 2008
    I love this show. I will be so mad if they cancel it. This show is something that me and my husband watch together, and really love. There are so much other shows out there that suck, why don't they cancel one of those.
  65. AA.
    Oct 13, 2007
    This will be great fun watching this unfold. I don't think you can generally expect a show of this type to be as good as it has been in just a couple episodes. We will savor each episode as we get to know the people better. Hey I think they did a darn good job so far. It has a pretty good pace it has it's own beat so to speak and I must say it is quite addictive. Keep it going, This will be great fun watching this unfold. I don't think you can generally expect a show of this type to be as good as it has been in just a couple episodes. We will savor each episode as we get to know the people better. Hey I think they did a darn good job so far. It has a pretty good pace it has it's own beat so to speak and I must say it is quite addictive. Keep it going, I don't believe we will be disappointed. So we have two families and some appear darker and more evil than the other but......are they? Oh this is gonna be something. Bring on more!! Expand
  66. E.M.
    Nov 5, 2007
    I love Jimmy Smits and think the show is great, give it a chance.
  67. CandyK.
    Oct 17, 2007
    I love this show. I saw the pilot on a cross country flight and have not missed an episode since. I agree that it is fast paced, but I love the story line and the diverse characters.
  68. RichardM
    Dec 11, 2007
    Certainly one of the better offerings of this season, with a great cast. True, it is Dallas with sugar in place of oil, and Cuban-Latino strife replacing WASP bickering, but it's well produced and enjoyable. I was skeptical after West Wing died and Jimmy Smits appeared in this series, which initially sounded pretty shallow. But I'm a fan now. I'm also a white, graduate Certainly one of the better offerings of this season, with a great cast. True, it is Dallas with sugar in place of oil, and Cuban-Latino strife replacing WASP bickering, but it's well produced and enjoyable. I was skeptical after West Wing died and Jimmy Smits appeared in this series, which initially sounded pretty shallow. But I'm a fan now. I'm also a white, graduate degreed, 30-something male, from the same market that kept West Wing on the air for a while after the studios lost interest due to declining ratings. So take note CBS, I am one of many who would like to see this show be given a chance. Keep ditching the shows I like and I may take my viewing pleasure elsewhere. Expand
  69. JoeM.
    Dec 12, 2007
    Finally, a show worth investing my time and interest. Jimmy Smits is superb,, i hope they decide to push the envelop a bit more.
  70. ChastidyS
    Dec 19, 2007
    I have watched this show from the being. Enough with all the reality shows. I would recommend this show to anyone. This is a new fresh show with a flair all its own. The sibling rivalry can't be bet and Jimmy Smits is to die for. The hot COE of million dollar rum company, a family man, but yet a rugged bad boy rolled into one. Who could ask for anything more? This show features a I have watched this show from the being. Enough with all the reality shows. I would recommend this show to anyone. This is a new fresh show with a flair all its own. The sibling rivalry can't be bet and Jimmy Smits is to die for. The hot COE of million dollar rum company, a family man, but yet a rugged bad boy rolled into one. Who could ask for anything more? This show features a Cubin family and its culture. It opens our eyes to the one of the different cultures in The United States. I would give this show two thumbs up. I hope to see it around for many seasons to come. Expand
  71. LupeA
    Dec 19, 2007
    I love this series. Jimmy you are great. Keep up the good work. Can't wait for next week's show every week.
  72. GiselZ
    Dec 27, 2007
    I absolutely love this show. I have been hooked since the pilot episode. The cast is great and I am hoping they continue the show for season two!!!!!
  73. CO.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Love Jimmy Smits & whole cast! Really A+ show
  74. HectorM.
    Dec 6, 2007
    Too predictable...
  75. DavidM.
    Sep 25, 2007
    This show sucks. I got a preview. We need Nestor Carbonell back on "Lost".
  76. BobB.
    Sep 26, 2007
    I agree. We need Nester back on Lost.
  77. KevinL.
    Sep 26, 2007
    "Cane" clearly lacks organization. This sort of drama seems to fall short on plotline and its premise won't take it very far. The pacing is all over the place and its storyline doesn't seem to have a base to support it, in which it makes the viewers wonder where this show is heading.
  78. andrez
    Jan 17, 2008
    One of the best shows on tv.
  79. ShirleyB
    Jan 18, 2008
    Finally a show I DVR to record so I don't miss a second! Have not seen such a great show since NYPD Blue, but why has it not been on in a couple of weeks? I MISS i!.
  80. StellaH.
    Jan 25, 2008
    Great show!
  81. AlexandraS.
    Jan 28, 2008
    My husband and I love thsi show. We record it every Tuesday to watch on Wednesday. I hope it does not go off the air. When is the next showing!!!!!
  82. MelO.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Hope Cane will continue on and on. Loved it!
  83. CarolL.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Best new show of the season. Where is it?
  84. SusanW.
    Apr 15, 2008
    Live in Sugarcane land in nearby Okeechobee. Loved the show. From NJ. Watched to Sopranos religiously. Cain was So Florida's answer to our beloved NJ Sopanos! Hope it comes back soon.
  85. RobertS.
    Apr 17, 2008
    Best show in years. I make sure that I am there to catch each episode. Better than Dallas and the other ones that I can't remember from some years ago.
  86. ANNAG.
    Apr 25, 2008
    Loved it!! When should we expect it to come back?? This was the only show I've watched in years! Miss it.
  87. FawnR
    Jun 11, 2008
    My husband and I looked forward to it each week. We sure hope it comes back next season.
  88. DeborahL
    Jun 25, 2008
    This movie was awesome!!!! Jimmy Smits was hot in his role and the storyline was very suspenseful. I hope it will be back in the fall!
  89. JHill
    Nov 16, 2007
    The charismatic actors, especially Hector Elizondo, Rita Moreno and Jimmy Smits, make the show well worth watching. But I like the dialog, plot and setting, too.
  90. Lindab
    Nov 16, 2007
    Intense, passionate and captivating. Wonderfully cast. Jimmy Smits is outstanding, with his best performance ever. Love the cultural diversity. Love Pancho and Santo. One of the best shows on television.
  91. AngelC
    Dec 19, 2007
    I can't wait for the next show.

1. Reviewed by: Josh Wolk
    The drama all feels a bit familiar, as if someone used the find/replace function to trade "oil" with "sugarcane" on an old "Dallas" script. [28 Sep 2007, p.100]
  2. A slick and earnest soap about rival families in South Florida.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Well cast, with a sturdy central presence in Jimmy Smits as the adopted son handed the keys to the kingdom.