• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 9, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
9.1

1. Sep 23, 2010
    Good Dynamic, likable personalities. Although the series is hardly ground-breaking, it is cute, funny and genuine.

Nathan Fillion has continually impressed since his days with BTVS, and the surrounding cast compliments his humor and charm.
  2. Jan 16, 2014
    Castle is incredibly fun and well put together in its entirety, but the chemistry between Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic on screen is what makes the show something more than just another crime mystery/drama. It never takes itself too seriously but never settles to be just surface level. Seeing the critics dampen the metascore of this fun show is disheartening and reminds me why I can't always trust a review, even if its averaged amongst "professionals". Castle is definitely worth a watch. Expand
  3. Mar 23, 2011
    Best Show on TV. So much better than that crap, Bones, Dexter & CSI.. The people that think different lack humor and intelligence! Castle is truly a breath of fresh air for all ages to enjoy!
  4. Jun 14, 2011
    Castle is one of the best written shows on television. The show can be considered a dramedy, the basis of the show being about murder, but the character Richard Castle and his wise cracks makes this show funny as well. The acting is great by everybody involved in the show. Not only are the main characters strong characters, the supporting ones are as well. And the chemistry between Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic is absolutely amazing. They are great actors.

The writing is fantastic and having actors that are able to bring it to life is amazing and this show absolutely does that.
  5. Jun 20, 2011
    I love this show. Great dialogue and engaging characters. The development of Richard Castle's family relationships alongside the crime solving is a wonderful contrast that makes the whole show more genuine and interesting. The only place I can see room for improvement is in the overarching plot, because currently they are in danger of jumping the shark. I hope the writers are sensible enough to write us a good story, even if it's an ending. Overall though I love the lighthearted tone of this show, and the focus on character development. Can't wait for the next season! Expand
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    Best show I've ever watched. It's grasping, addicting, and simply interesting. I can never changed the channel when this show is on. The characters get your attention and the cases are interesting. An amazing climax with romance. action, and mystery.
  7. Feb 15, 2013
    One of the best T.V shows on right now! Extremely addictive show! Inspired me to study forensics in high school! I wonder if real detectives have this much fun on the job! The characters are very likeable!
  8. Jul 11, 2012
    love this show can't wait for this season to see what happens between castle a becket this show leaves me every week wanting more from the crime solving duo
  9. Dec 9, 2012
    Love the show. Nathan Fillion is one of my fav actors. The girl playing his daughter is really cute. I appreciate a show with wisecracking characters.
  10. Feb 26, 2013
    This program is very easy viewing with well written character interaction that grows as the program develops. The plot lines are innovative at times with a well paced and packed script. This program transfers very easily over the pond to Europe and has a unique global appeal.
  11. Aug 15, 2013
    Smart, new, and mysterious, "Castle" is a wonderfully written with emotional depth and is plotted out intelligently. With Nathan Fillion as the Richard Castle, you know that your in safe hands with this show.
  12. Oct 10, 2013
    Castle is a refreshing, fun, humorous detective drama starring Firefly's Nathan Filllion as a world famous mystery novelist who teams up with the FBI, at first for insight into his book, and then because he just loves doing it. Castle is hysterical. He has witty remarks for just about everything and often feels like a kid in a candy store. He's extremely relatable. He loves Science Fiction, explosions and guy stuff and never takes anything to seriously. On the other hand, his insight into writing makes him an extremely valuable asset to the team, as it is almost always his discoveries that solve the case. Castle is an intelligent, sexy, witty show that is a must see for any fans of Television. If you like House or Boston Legal, you'll love Castle. Expand
  13. Dec 2, 2013
    Awesome series i love to watch it, the story and the story, characters and the overall picture also is quite realistic if you compare it with some of the other police-series and they don't have all the high tec stuff policemen have in other series but just some awesome police-work.
  14. Mar 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Can't explain how great this show is, but In these words when Beckett said "Well then Richard Alexander Rodgers Castle, yes, yes I will marry you!" Is was pretty scared when Beckett went undercover and Vulcan Simmons was trying to kill her. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    It's going for a screwball comedy/mystery mash-up, but Castle is just an implausible muddle.
  2. The pilot and second installment are fun but utterly implausible, and the chemistry between the leads is passable but mostly forced.
  3. There's nothing in ABC's Castle viewers haven't seen a million times before, but the cast elevates the pedestrian material.